Are used Bentleys reliable?

no, of course not

there the most unreliable piles of shit you can buy

even with the bmw engines

>made in England
>owned by Germans
New Bentleys aren't even reliable

any car is reliable with proper care.

unfortunately bentleys are rarely owned, and mostly leased and neglected and beat to shit by the time they'd be affordable for anyone to own.

>Is a 20 year old British luxury car reliable?
This question was a joke right?
Y-You were asking this as a joke...right?

My father in law has an early 90s 6.8L Bentley, he literally just scuffed the bumper and the insurance company wanted to write it off because parts are impossible to find even in England. Can't imagine how hard it would be to maintain one in the US.

I bet if you were clever you could maintain these cars yourself. Like instead of buying a new steering rack you rebuild the existing one yourself and all you have to buy are new O-rings.

If it weren't for the pillow airbag steering wheel, l would love to have a turn of the century Rolls or Bentley. They're classy as all get out.

You've obviously never owned a British car.

A surprising number of items on 80's and older Jags are rebuildable, like the damn MAP sensor (wtf?), so I'll bet these Bentley's are the same way. Even those items that couldn't be done at home probably have an enthusiast base that can get things fixed. As previously noted the problem is going to be parts.

Depends on what generation you're talking about. Older ones? No they are not. Newer ones? Still no, I'm afraid

kek

If you spend 20k on a car you won't be able to keep up with financially (insurance, cost of repairs, etc.), especially a Bentley that will require you take it to a dealer or a certified Bentley shop to work on it with any hope of reselling in the future, you are probably borderline retarded.

>overly complicated luxury car
>abused and neglected until it hits the appropriate pricepoint for you to pick up
idk senpai you tell me

>Are used Bentleys reliable?

you can get a modern bently for 40-50k atm and they are pretty reliable and most normies wont have any clue that its not a new car

>British
>reliable
Pick one

>Are used Bentleys reliable?

Nope. Not even a used Royce if you're interested in getting that. Also let's not forget that they're huge money pits as well.

Don't do it, senpai. I bought a bentley once for 10k. Biggest mistake of my life.

>euroshit car
you fucking tell me

all these responses from bus riders who have never owned one.

Whats wrong with late 09 to 11 Continentals with less than 20K miles, its practically brand new. Not like its made of balsa wood just because it says bentley. I'd rather spend 80k on that than a new Benz

>buying a 20 year old car for 35k
not a good decision at all

I have.
Don't. Fucking. Do it.

depends on how old the newer ones are based on a VW phaeton W12.

if you want the other ones they were badge engineered rolls royces. so doesnt have the bang and crash air suspention. it rides on hydrolic suspention. depite what everybody else here says parts are availible and they arent cheap: the only real areas to watch for is rust and head gaskets. because it has the economy of a big block chevy, they dont do high milages so the head gaskets go through lack of use.