/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Squished:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1iABFZGzEjY
youtube.com/watch?v=DIhMC_Kzh-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

MAKE HASTE

I want to live out the rest of my days as a slave to Midir's enormous dragon cock.

First for DUGS are balanced

What's the quickest way to farm myself a Flamberge? It looks dope.

lol mizayaki troll u

>tfw
youtube.com/watch?v=1iABFZGzEjY

How happy would you be if FROM dropped a stealth dlc to rival the old hunters?

I wouldn't be.

Let it die.

>didn't kill in 1 combo
trash weapon

youtube.com/watch?v=DIhMC_Kzh-E

reminder that dual UGS one comboing people to death is not a new thing, and in DS2 could easily do it without even applying all the buffs. Once the shitters leave, people memorize the moveset, and the meta is more defined, 2UGS will no longer be a pvp viable weapon

The incredibly vague paintings you have to squint at to make any semblance of meaning out of? Kaathe and Frampt may be dead, but they were still huge characters and their presence is teased everywhere. I would've liked at least some sendoff for them.

>enter painted world made with the blood of the dark souls
>end up in grey ash landscape
>main character stumbles down a hole and cracks skull open
>fire spills out of skull
>gives life and fire to the world
>Lords and pygmies find fire
>use it to kill dragon
>tfw time loop

It'd be fine if you could parry it. As far as I know you can't.

But this is Dark Souls general

bampu

Let's play Dark Souls then.

HAH, SUCK IT GWYN

I PUT THAT QUEER TRANSVESTITE SON OF YOURS OUT OF HIS FUCKING MISERY AFTER HE SPENT YEARS GETTING CHEWED ON BY SOME FAT FUCK OF A CLERIC

THEN I MURDERED YOUR INSANE SON-IN-LAW, WHO WAS DOING EVERYTHING IN HIS POWER TO KEEP YOUR DREAM ALIVE

NEXT I KILLED YOUR BASTARD TRAITOR ELDEST SON WHO WAS GOING TO INHERIT EVERYTHING OF YOURS

AND THEN I KILLED YOUR TWO SHITSTAIN GRANDSONS, AND BROUGHT THEIR HEADS BACK TO USE AS TINDER FOR A TIME PORTAL

NOW I'VE SNUFFED OUT YOUR HARMLESS YOUNGEST DAUGHTER, WHO YOU GAVE TO SOME MIDGETS TO KEEP THE DARK AT BAY, AND WHO YOU PROMISED YOU'D COME BACK FOR

AND GUESS WHAT? I'M FUCKING COMING FOR YOU NEXT, THEN I'M GONNA SMOTHER THAT LITTLE CAMPFIRE YOU SPENT YOUR ENTIRE LIFE TRYING TO KEEP ALIGHT

God damn did this feel good. Guess I have to go find Gael now.

Going 60 FAI with Dragonslayer Spear gets you just over 30 AR from base Faith, 510 AR overall with base STR to 2hand and 40 Dex/60 Faith. Meanwhile a standard 40/40 gets 522 AR all of that scaling going to pure physical damage of which the DSS has more of. You can go the Dex/Fai route with it but it won't do as much damage in essence.

So patches became a good guy at the end right ?

Sorry I haven't played since a few months after release. I can look up the obvious about the lightning bow but can you tell me what might not be obvious like if there's a good existing build for it and what it could be paired with to make up for whatever PvE weaknesses it has?

how to open filanore's door?

>son-in-law
who now

So the adjudicator gaint is a bad guy ?
I thought he was an NPC

>gives us a slab
>knocks us down towards the correct destination
>helps us fight the spear of the church

yeah

My first guess is Oceiros but I don't really remember his story

Reposting for attention

Don't bother, it's irredeemable shit.

I can help you, where, what pass?

I know it is, but I need it for my cosplay

Does it matter which boss do I do first ?
midr or the church spear

>Final boss of the DLC is the furtive pygmy
>After you kill him the entire area turns dark
>Except for one small ember in the middle
>Go up to it
>All it says is "Create the fire" and an option to activate
>Your character sets on fire, burning off all your armour and scorching your skin
>You turn into the new Furtive Pygmy
>Altered DaS 1 intro cutscene starts

okay why isnt Lapp at the first earthen peak bonfire? i literally just talked to him

use collector's edition

What's this about being able to revive bosses after the DLC?

Let's do Ringed Inner Wall bonfire, pass vidya
Will you be helping me transfer or giving me one?
And do you need any boss souls?

please respond

>all these people whining about the paired ultra great swords
>mfw baiting them into swinging at air then filling them full of leo ring throwing knives
>mfw i get a headshot for even more free knife hits

You can revive one of the DLC bosses indefinitely, because it's a covenant mechanic.

has the user making size comparisons made one of the Dancer yet?

i need this for reasons

What are the poise thresholds to aim for nowadays? Let's say I'm using various greatswords.

2UGS will always be top tier in pvp because they have the best moveset of any great weapon

You have to reset the area.

>furtive "pygmy" is actually giant demon skull that was on ash beach
>final boss is Literally Satan
>his second form is summoning a giant spiked wheel and hopping in

you can revive the spears boss at the purging monument or at velkas statue.

I gotta be honest, I just reinstalled for the first time since a few months after release and completely forgot where that bonfire is.

Also if it's something I could have obtained ingame while being autistic about what I _could_ find without looking crap up I'm happy to look and give it to you. If it's in the DLC I'm about to make a new archer character to walk the game/dlc packs with.

I don't need any boss souls but if you have some bows I can have to fiddle with, that'd be cool.

Seconding this

it's dark souls, why would you expect anything other than more answerless questions?

>when you realize all stat based infusions were a massive fucking mistake that takes away the uniqueness of weapons

It's assumed that the Queen of Lothric was Gwynevere. Thus, Oceiros = son-in-law, Lothric and Lorian = grandchildren

Only one, and that one's either an NPC or another player.

Nope, L2 fires the ammo in the second slot. You need to two-hand it so that the firing buttons are R1 and R2.

Or they let you make the build you want and the weapon you want to fit that build if you're not constantly chasing meta. It's a little more restrictive here than other titles but in DeS and DaS pretty much the sky was the limit.

>completely forgot where that bonfire is.
you never even knew where that bonfire is because it's in the DLC brah

Seems interesting but okay at best, thanks for clearing my doubt.

PCDLCFC at Ringed City Streets Bonfire.
pass: dsg
come and fight in the swamp

>leo ring throwing knives

What?

guys ?

So why does the AoA cutscene change if you kill Gael if the Gael bossfight takes place at the end of the timeline? Killing him in the future wouldn't retroactively remove him from history.

This is the big hole I see with this theory.

Can someone literally tell me where is the elevator to midir ?

Not really. Changes only start happening when you touch the egg, and even then nothing really changes.

Getting it yourself is probably out of the question for now, because it's a soul transposition item of the endgame DLC boss. If you have the DLC though, you can still help me transfer the item, and in that case, we can move the bonfire to Kiln of the First Flame, if you've made it there

>Hyperarmour
>10-hit combos with little time to react
>20k HP
>AoE attack that covers 90% of the arena

Time is convoluted :^)

Do Midir first.
If you do spears first, you miss out on some dialogue from going back to Shira, if you care about such things.

He already left to look for the dark soul, so he's not there to give you the piece of Ariandel

leo ring works with bows, greatbows, throwing knives, kukris and whatever else

Dark Souls always had this timey-wimey distortion nonsensical order to it.

It's so players don't ask, "Hey, I already know what happens to him, why can't I tell him so that he doesn't have to sacrifice himself?" and try to create a time paradox.

It's the elevator next to the Gwyn statue, take it up and look to your right for a door.

I think I've fallen in love with this thing. Pity it's a straight sword and has an extremely boring moveset outside of the stance.

Cheat engine fucking got me with its joke.

>"Hey, I already know what happens to him, why can't I tell him so that he doesn't have to sacrifice himself?"

Because him knowing what was going to happen wouldn't change his actions? It's not like you can tell him where the pygmys are so he gets there sooner, so they'll still be dried up.

He'd still do exactly what he did, because its necessary to get his lady's pigment.

Jump off the elevator between Ringed Inner Wall and the statue of Gwyn with the pygmy. Hang a left from there to the room with a bunch of black knight statues. The statue without any weapon is an illusory wall. Midir's entrance is that way.

I killed a slave knight wandering around the final battlefield, and he dropped two things, some chunks and something else, I hit X too quickly and missed it.

Anybody know what it was?

>Just came back to DkS3, last time I played it was around May
>Buy season pass (PS4)
>Patch game, boot it up
>Go to cathedral of the deep
>AoA guy isn't there
>Do "Restore Licenses" thing
>Start game back up
>AoA guy still isn't there

Does anybody know wtf is up with this? Is there some trigger I'm missing here to get him to spawn so I can go do the DLC.

What is it?

Holy fuck thanks Im a fucking idiot

The Ringed Knight drops whatever a normal Ringed Knight would drop, and then a Titanite Slab as a guaranteed drop a moment after.

Reload the area, warp away and come back

titanite slab and chunk i think

What's so bad about the crossbow again?

Is it better in PvE than PvP?

Go to Firelink and back. It happens.

that was a ringed knight, slave knight is what Gael is. but the knight dropped a slab and some chunks

am i too late to get summoned for spears

level 85 and I've been waiting for 30 mins

The one in Gael's arena? He drops a guaranteed Slab.

Keep searching if you haven't found Shira yet.

What's the best UGS (not paired) for a strength build?

It was in the reverse order though

Oh word. I have a ton of each so I didn't even notive while looking through my invo, thanks.

ringed*

What about when taking into account other ammunition?

>8k viewers
Who is MOONMOON_OW and why should i care?
And why is his stream so fun

What's the over/under on him showing up on each attempt? I've already warped to flink and back about 3 or 4 times. Is there a really low chance of him appearing or something?

What's the first thing that comes into your mind when you see this?

Heavy-infused Greatsword
The Guts one

feast

He's a really popular Overwatch streamer.

Greatsword infused with Heavy for longest range vertical UGS moveset on par with FUGS with more damage than FUGS.

Cathedral Knight Greatsword which is shorter but has an 2HR1>R2 combo.

And Lothric Knight Greatsword which works amazingly both pure STR and STR/FAI if you use Gold Pine resin or Lightning Blade on it.

partake

He's an Overwatch memestreamer

You probably find his stream fun because he's a memestreamer.

Cool, thanks anons, any tips on using the second 2HR1? The upward swing never seems that effective to me for the vertical UGS's

Why are invasions even in this game?

Yeah, I have a few characters there. What pass? Sorry for the slow reply, I am making some muffins.

You don't use the second R1 unless you want to bait them out for a third R1 or if they're dumb enough to just run it between them without rolling. The name of the game with ultras is staggered R1s to try and lure people into combos.