/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Dice & Magic cards Edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 19/3/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

danganronpa.soragoto.net/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6emNu4gtZk
imgur.com/a/TxLFn
twitter.com/774v3/status/848074241442369536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING ARE WE GETTING A NEW GAME OR WHAT

Best girl!

that's a nice virginity you got there

it'd be a shame if someone

stole it

Yup

danganronpa.soragoto.net/

Kichi!

Fangame.

>there's already fanart of it

Nips are goddamn quick

it's an uso da yo for april fool's, friend

Posting best girls!

Which one is it.
I got memed into coming back if only for a few posts, didn't i.
Fucking Japs, thinking they're slick.

Personally, I like calling him Koko.

Reposting since it's still April Fools
Who's your husbando?

Roll

Okay fuck it. Rolling.

roll

Mugi!

Roll!

>mama himiko defending her shit criminal babydaddy and cute daughter with arcane magic

perfect

also, why is every oumeno child i've seen adorable

the best!

Oh, you're right, user, that's a lot cuter.
Rolling
for 7.

roll

>Tulpaman
Fuck this shit.

I like calling him Kokichi, it's such a cute name. Also man, you got the roll I wanted and I got yours, wanna swap?

rerolling

Mage + Supreme Leader = Overlord Warlock
Magic tricks/Illusion + Lies = Unstoppable

Their child is the one who gonna conquer theworld.

>Tfw they just ruined a couple of good designs and talents on an april fools joke
Why does it physically hurt?

Indeed, I hope the dub doesn't screw up with pronouncing it like they did with Nanami, another adorable name.
And sure, we can swap.

But trip-kun, he's a real moneymaker!

Let's roll

rolling

Thanks! I hope so too, though I'm sticking with Japanese anyway.

What am i looking at?

I was kind of hoping SC would do its own April Fool's joke too.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6emNu4gtZk

Good morning everyone.

A supremely intelligent and analytical mage that can convince people of anything using the power of illusion magic and lies.

Mastermind for V4 confirmed.

I'm glad we could trade well.
I'm also going to do the Japanese voices but English dub seems to impact the community a lot so I'd like V3 to be well translated to dub.
Not sure how /drg/ feels about NicoB(I know reddit hates him), but Council of voices can be pretty funny.

>user, the hell is this?

It's better than rolling over and over. My only hope is that the localization is done well and it doesn't remove any important context, since my experiences with NISA haven't been the best.

The sword Ouma touched in chapter 3 is supposed to be a reference to the first case of DR1, isn't it? Given it's in Korekiyo's talent lab it makes me wonder whether it's just a prop (IIRC Monokuma also says he feels like he's heard about it elsewhere in the third trial) or DR1 is literally ancient history.

roll

I think Saihara's reasoning that Amami sacrificed himself or otherwise was voted to be a sacrifice is wrong. I think Amami + another survivor (which is probably Tsumugi, given that the sacrifices were going to be SHSL survivor + next mastermind in Maki and Kiibo's case) were the only survivors of V2.

It's implied with Makoto's story & Saihara and Kaito's audition tapes that most of the reward of being in a killing game is living out being a SHSL because the reality of "normal" life is terrible. People love these games because they're a "better" version of reality completely removed from the boring peace of the real world. With that in mind, it's really unlikely that every game ended with HICKSHON, because why sign up to live and die as a SHSL if you know the illusion is going to be broken at the end without fail?

For Amami to be knowingly voted as a sacrifice during the game has two implications. One, that the previous game ended similarly with HICKSHON and he was aware that he was going onto another season of a reality show by being the sacrifice (unlikely, given the above reasons) or two, they were in a situation where the mastermind wasn't going to be defeated without sacrifice and the fictional nature of the show was kept hidden. Given how apparently formulaic and true to DR1/2 these seasons were, it also seems unlikely that the mastermind would be defeated with those "exceptions" or left with any kind of power over the survivors. It's more likely they were defeated just like Junko each time.

Amami and (most likely) Tsumugi were the only survivors of V2. The show had gone on for 52 seasons without fail because the fictional nature was never revealed to students. They were never aware (until after the show) that they were going to be part of another game because they thought they had completely defeated the mastermind and ended the killing game.

It is. I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same sword, in fact, with the messy gold plating and everything.

The DR "games" being actual historical events that were warped into fiction is a theory that's actually quite plausible.

imgur.com/a/TxLFn

If you have to steal something from NRDV3 cast's talent room? What it would be?

Kaito and Ouma getting freaky.

twitter.com/774v3/status/848074241442369536

now i'm sad ouma wasn't a culprit.

Korekiyo's virginity

Yeah, it would have been really unfitting to have him commit a murder (short of him actually dirtying his own hands in a Ch. 4-like scenario) with how he actually is as a character, but I have to say he would've had a great execution.

I hope the art book goes into detail for all the victims'/survivors' execution this time. I don't think SDR2's did.

I think so too, yeah. The whole point of 'lies being born from truths and truths born from lies' is that lies and fiction are nevertheless based on reality to an extent otherwise they can't work.

For how over the top Dangan Ronpa is the characters are surprisingly human and things like killing games make sense to us because civilizations past did have that, and when we consider why 53 seasons of Hope and Despair have been enjoyed by the audience I do think part of the reason is that they might not know it but in some way they recognize this is part of the history of their world even though records of it have been nearly completely wiped out.

Kaito....

Yeah, localization is going to be tough. I'm already annoyed they went with "Kokichi Oma" and used a more "modern" way of Rantaro's profile(Translating "He doesn't know his talent and doesn't want to learn it" to "That's not going to let him down")so I'm cautious.
Woooooooh.
To be honest, I knew for sure since his talent that he'd be a victim, which is a shame because he has one of the most interesting talents in the series. It'd be great to see his execution. Too bad his pacifist rule ruined the chances of it too.
I also noticed that none of the rival characters have been executed yet.

>Saihara's case files
>Kaede's piano sheet
>Amami's compass
>Kiibo's IC Core
>Tsumugi's sewing kit
>Maki's damascus dagger
>Himiko's magic box
>Gonta's display box containing extremely rare butterfly
>Kirumi's pocket watch
>Miu's omnitool
>Angie's mini sculpture of God
>Ouma's DICE Platinum member card
>Kaito's constellation tablet map
>Korekiyo's mini shimenawa rope
>Tenko's secret technique scroll
>Ryoma's special tennis ball

If the theory that Ouma was intended to be brainwashed into the Junko figure at the end of the game for the hope vs despair showdown, then he would've been executed for "being" the "mastermind" even if he didn't actually kill anyone.

Regardless I hope the artbook has executions for everyone. I'm interested in his, angie's, amami's and saihara's.

Daily reminder that Chiaki is still and will always be best girl
Her tulpa self was transplanted onto a clone using Hajizuru's bullshit Tulpamancy and she's now alive and a real girl again playing games with the DR2 cast

if you said anything but that sickass car from ouma's room, you're lying to yourself

i want to drive the batmobile

>He doesn't know his talent and doesn't want to learn it

I thought the japanese text said he doesn't know his talent but looks forward to learning it, not that he doesn't want to.

but yeah, that simplification is kind of worrying.

>Implying his virginity is not lost to his sister

>batmobile
It's DICEmobile

>ah... ah... s-sugoi, momota-chan.... i hope... i hope harukawa-chan never finds out... so we don't have to stop... AH~!

I'm unfortunately really interested in the idea of Ouma actually acting as the mastermind figure, as much of a rehash as it would've been. What we actually got was better since it defines him as a character more and doesn't play into Tsumugi's shit, but it would have been sort of fun, I guess.

Can't imagine how they'd pull off something like Super Duper Nasty Torture with the V3 executions, though, if Tsumugi was really trying to recreate DR1.

It's been a while since I read the famitsus, but I think it said that he either doesn't want to remember his talent or he doesn't care about learning it, and it sparked some discussion, even thinking Rantaro's despair sprite would be him finding out his talent.
>You will never go on joyrides with DICE in that car
Why live, bros?

I'm especially annoyed due to my suspicion that his surname is something significant. Not sure about Amami though, don't you play a game of trying to figure out what it is in his FTEs?

Well, regardless of what's really going on in NDRV3 it's pretty likely that had Ouma not been sharper than most he'd have ended up being executed as the 'mastermind' and he'd probably have been subjected to all the first four executions before being crushed by the press.

When I consider his pacifist nature and the DICE video along with the revelation of TDR, it kind of makes me wonder what Ouma's actual story is.

I definitely prefer what he is to LOL DESPAIR again, but man would it have been fun to see him melting down during the final trial and switching personalities/voices/creepy fucking despairfaces the entire time.

As for execution:
>Have him gleefully swinging like a child on a swingset while hung by Kaede's noose
>Crowdsurfing the mob of people putting in the work notices to Kirumi
>Hottubbing in Korekiyo's salt soup pot
>Roasting marshmallows while getting blasted by Gonta's flamethrower
>Thrown into space again fuck it
>Crushed by hydraulic press because he can't escape that thing

If his absolute hatred of murder/death wasn't something implanted by TDR (which there's a lot of reasons that doesn't make sense if it was, even if they didn't want him murdering someone before he was mindhacc'd into being the "mastermind"), then it's entirely possible that he had that personality trait before entering the killing game. We don't know everyone's reasoning for entering the game because of how biased the select snippets of the auditions were. It's entirely possible he could've entered to try to stop it instead of being out for blood, but who knows.

Tsumugi was very, very quick to dismiss his actions as just being a pawn of Junko's despair, which is an obvious lie. His character in game was a definitely fuck up on someone's part because he definitely didn't act as intended.

wasn't he gangbanged by 13 honorable people? i don't think there's anything left to steal.

Not same sword. DR1 one was fake sword, but V3 one is real sword.(it had rust though)

I doubt he actually auditioned to end the killing game though, given if that's the case his normie self should still be bright enough to figure out the best way to attack the killing game is from outside and not from the inside where he's at TDR's mercy.

We also see from Amami that he wanted to target the game overall and what he talks to you about in the prologue suggests that he does carry some memories of how the previous killing game worked, and I think figuring out what's going on with Ouma is the key to understanding the situation of NDRV3.

It's still friday somewhere, right?

Yeah, he's a way more interesting character as-is, but it would have been fun to watch and I think Shimono could have pulled off the whole Junko-like personality/voice swapping thing pretty well.

I like the execution idea too. Ah well. I'm sure someone will draw it eventually. Ouma's popular enough.

Hoshi on a motorbike

here we go

HORNIEST OUMA

OG Izuru

Sakuma Kego

best girl!

qt assassin

Ouma and Yumeno

Monodam

Cutest killer/victim pairing

the smallest teru imaginable

backstage Komaeda