I'm about halfway through the show right now. Does he ever fix his autism...

I'm about halfway through the show right now. Does he ever fix his autism? Because at this point I'm pretty sure Takumi is worse than Ryan Gosling in Drive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z2E3qZWOrNc
youtube.com/watch?v=6nW3Njwtc64
youtube.com/watch?v=9NMqBkkMx_w
youtube.com/watch?v=XwgleNTeOJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stop after third stage please.

Last few episodes he battles the king of autism. Kind of an image of himself in the past, just even more autistic.

Autism is forever, user

Yeah, he gets more bearable. Also

Has it ever been elaborated what is "up" with Takumi? It's not like the Japanese are exactly known for having couth, but the way he behaves is a bit... odd. It'd make more sense if he was an idiot savant (since he really has little knowledge on cars themselves, but seemingly understands physics quite well), possibly autistic since he only ever displays two emotions; his normal dazed expression and his angered expression. He also doesn't seem to understand some of the implications of the races.

I just started fourth stage... shit.

He is an idiot savant. He doesn't know physics, he just knows how his car moves because he's been delivering tofu in it driving like a madman since he was but a wee babe.

His dad is abusive as fuck and beats him. But he's smart and autistic. No mystery about it.

I thought 4th Stage was pretty good. Haven't seen anything past it though.

Takumi seems like an autismo because he is an enigma beyond anyone's comprehension, including his own

>His dad is abusive as fuck and beats him.
I thought that Bunta was only physically abusive in the live-action adaptation? He's just somewhat distant in the anime.

He totally beats him tho

>his car

But he goes into Iketani's S13 and goes full hektik in it as well, not as well as his 86 by his own admission but it's not just his car he can do it in.

He's a driving savant in general.

Just a spacey dude.

Hey, fourth and fifth stage have their moments
>Keisuke turning down that slut
>The foggy overtake
>The Ryosuke battle
>TORIYA
>The first time the Takumi headlight trick happens
>The GAS GAS GAS scene on our banner
It's not as good as the first few stages, but it's still worth a watch

From what I've heard you should just watch the battles of 4th and 5th, and just skip pretty much all of the story bits since they go full retard.

Even final stage has good moments. The second to last (I think) pass is wonderfully choreographed.

yeah, have really gave him a good ass whooping here
youtube.com/watch?v=z2E3qZWOrNc

>Keisuke being too gay for Project D to get with the only girl in the series who wasn't a slut
Fixed

Well he did say he wanted to "only focus on D" at some point...

She was a rotary slut

Go away Kyoko, you're not fooling anyone.

He acts like a stoner because he never sleeps
/Thread

You could say that he's a Space Boy.

youtube.com/watch?v=6nW3Njwtc64

Im near the end of first stage, wondering if Iketani gets bullied this much for the rest of the show:

>tries to dorifto like Takumi and crashes
>gets his car back finally
>rammed on the touge by an edgelord in a civic
>twice
>which is then insinuated it's his fault because he's shit
>gets his car insulted to his face
>goes for a ride with Autismo and passes out
>goes for a ride in HIS OWN CAR, gets shown up and then is forced to admit he didnt actually learn anything and he isnt anywhere near Takumi's level.
>meets a girl and goes full /r9k/ when shes practically begging for it
>i am aware theres going to be more to her character

life is endless suffering for the leader of the speed stars.

You don't know the half of it. There was a Special Stage episode (?) where he tries to get with her again... and it fucks up AGAIN. They never shag.

>>i am aware theres going to be more to her character
You poor naive fool

Well ok it was more of an assumption. A wrong one apparently.

he's always sleepy because he goes to jap school for 12 hours a day and delivers tofu by night

He's ikantani, the lonely racer
He's the most relatable character in the whole thing

I was able to watch maybe the first 3 episodes of this before I gave up.

I suppose you have to have the autisms in order to enjoy.

And works.

I stopped after God Hand, so I have no idea.

>shitbox with poor driving skill and nogf syndrome
>relatable

He's Veeky Forums incarnate

>shitbox
Iketani's car is literally the top trim Silvia that was available and was less than a handful of years old at the time the series is set.

I have faith that one day there will be a Sixth Stage, and in it my nigga Iketani will finally get the happy ending he truly deserves.

Why did you post this picture I'm sad now

There will be and it will be called terminal stage cause its fuckin cancer.

they explain that he must be a master of all FR cars because of his experience in the 86

That's a good point he'd probably fuck up in an anything else, but that's still good shit.

This, it isn't like he's driving around in a Q's or god forbid a J's

>tfw you /r9k/d on some chick once
>tfw they were too good for you
>still kicking myself a year and a half later
>I might see them next weekend but too pussy to do anything about
for fucks sake why does iketani posting always lead to this

o boi am i laffin

EXTRA STAGE 3 WHEN

hey Veeky Forums, r8/h8/masturb8 this ending i came up with

>post credits scene of final stage
>professor wankel is sitting behind his computer
>keksuke tells him to stop fucking around with the simulations and they should go race takumi
>it's exactly the same race as when they first race
>that's because it actually IS their first race
>gaysuke wins
>le simulations man does this face
>"looks like my simulations are a bit off, I need to work more on my virtual reality program"
>literally the events of Initial D never happened
>it was ALL a simulation

>lonely racer

I finished it today for the first time.
Wow, I didn't know I could get so sad from anime.
Knowing that there will never be more Initial D, gets me depressed.

What makes Initial D so special is how grounded it is (well, SOMEWHAT), and how it's relatable in terms of characters and subject matter. Even if Eurobeat was popular because of this anime, it was still technically "real music" and wasn't actually made for it, but they also worked so well in so many scenes. Not many other animes are like that, it was truly a work of art.

>when you will never be able to watch first stage for the first time again

see this dude
shigeno looks like he fucking hates nissan drivers

The only thing Shigeno clearly has an aversion to is stable relationships.

Fuck

God fucking damn it, Veeky Forums. I could live my life happier if I didn't see /ourguy/ Shingo literally everywhere.

You may have some form of undiagnosed autism. Anyone can look like anyone if you draw on their faces.

Look. Now she's James May.

Shuichi Shigeno's writing is the embodiment of wasted potential. He can create a great setting, build interesting characters, and then go fucking nowhere with them.

>Mogi faces a crisis between Benzman and Takumi, then just up and leaves once it's resolved
>Itsuki is immediately relegated to the sidelines for the entire series; never advances or achieves any of his dreams
>Iketani is left in the dust from the start and has his self-esteem slowly but surely ground down throughout the show; probably kills himself soon after
>Kenji has basically no ambition and invites himself out of the main plot entirely
>Yuichi never got to be involved in Takumi's training
>Ryosuke is supposedly worse than Takumi and Keisuke by the end of the show, despite having more experience and never actually shown to drive any slower than any other character
>Keisuke's story is glossed over and amounts to basically just "racing is everything and life can go fuck itself"
>Kyoko's arc is just completely fucked
>Kyoichi leaves the main plot with his ambition shattered by Takumi, but ends up having to accommodate (and continue to be wrong about) Takumi during Third Stage
>Bunta pretty much just disappears

I mean god damn, if he was going for the ultimate uncomfortable tragedy then he hit the spot

not soon enough

IMO it would be even better if everything that had happened was all inside Ryosuke's head. The implication that Ryosuke can easily imagine years-long scenarios with an autistic amount of attention to detail is hilarious to me.

I finished stage 1 a few weeks ago.
Should I even bother with the rest of the series? Sounds like each season is getting worse and worse.

most people only watch up to the end of stage 3, honestly the only reason to watch past stage 2 and finish the series is because you have nothing better to do

The entire series pretty much got high on itself, swigged a jug of paint thinner, and drunkenly shit it's own bed when the Project D arc reared its ugly head

Extra Stages are short and okay.

I just started stage 2.

It's fun so far, but the animation is jarring and the characters look different.

>Stop after third stage please.

I've never understood this recommendation. I enjoyed the entire series all the way through, and thought the character development was good.

It amazes me how much this board reads into Initial D.
I loved the series, i watched all of it that i could but seriously

Maybe you guys are the autistic ones for reading into it so much.

>ITS NOT TOFU
>ITS DRUGS
>THATS WHY TAKUMI DRIVES SO FAST
>AND AT FUCKING 2 AM
>COPS CANT CATCH HIM
>ITS NOT TOFU ITS FUCKING DRUGS

That would be too deep for Inisharu deee

Yeah I stopped watching after the 4th stage.

They should just make Iketani the main character, have Takumi train him enough to beat the old characters Takumi already beat like Nakazato and eventually race those cunts in the finale to assert his dominance and lose his virginity.

I was really hoping that Iketani or Itsuki would develop some level of skill by the end of the series. I'm also pretty disappointed that Takumi never raced his dad because it seemed like there was a lot of build up for that.

>I'm also pretty disappointed that Takumi never raced his dad
That's what 4th Stage felt like it was building up to, but it just never came. It's even more disappointing when you realize that each Stage concludes with Takumi overcoming a hurdle by beating a foe. Final Stage at least retained that in some form by having Takumi race someone who was more or less a younger version of himself.

I really enjoyed stages 2 and 3, am on 4 and it's not bad but yeah I can see why others might say stop

you just redrew her entire face

she otherwise has shingo's general features, i just drew over his eyebrows and hair

They should've had them at least do something like;

The Project D imposters show up, and that one guy confronts "Takumi" about doing the monster drift. When the car stops, Itsuki comes out of the car and not Takumi himself.

Nakazato could continue being a jobber and race Iketani and once again lose. It will be especially fitting since Nakazato used to have an S13, so he'd basically lose to his past.

P-please no. I get your point, but please no more Takeshi losing.

He even lost to an autotragic Lincoln Town Car limo.

youtube.com/watch?v=9NMqBkkMx_w

And they are apparently in the United States, so Nakazato wanted to race ricers instead.

>soul sucking Japanese school system
>works 2 part time jobs, one at the gas station and one as a delivery driver
>probably gets 1 hour of free time to himself every day and sleeps the rest

Can you blame him? Most people would hate to work 10 hour days, but Takumi is busy for like 17 hours.

What did he do to deserve this lads?

No but in the last season where he races another 86 they don't really focus on his character development at all. They do manage to stretch one race into like 5 episodes though.

>shigeno looks like he fucking hates nissan drivers
>who is god foot

youtube.com/watch?v=XwgleNTeOJ8

come watch the indy 500 there is TAKUMA SATO a japan pilote !

I loved God Foot's race. A definite highlight of that shitty stage.

Actual 100% unedited footage of driving a Panther in the snow.

Only the first stage was actually good to watch
Second stage had not enough racing and too much drama
Fourth stage had too much racing and not enough character development

I have a buddy who seems a bit like him, and if thats the case then it would simply be him being indecisive. Nothing wrong with them per se, but they have very little lust for new things, adventure or hobbies, and are often just dragged into stuff by buddies. I'm saying dragged, but not forced, as often these people do really enjoy activities and going out, but just suck at taking initiative themselves

Heh, still fun to see this image popping up every now and then... kinda wish I would have added God Hand, Shinji and the guy with the turbocharged/supercharged AE86

So you met Takahashi "My hair color rotates every season" ryosuke

>tfw Back on the rocks was used again coz of GT-R

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug

damn exactly what i feel.

>Positively a manlet
Everyone on this show is a manlet, I was shocked when I looked at everyone's wiki page and saw nothing but 5'8 and under

Itsuki is a straight up midget

Инитиaл Д

4th stage is kind of boring
The first 3 stages do a very good job at talking about cars, racing and young adult life but that's not something you can renew much if you don't go into absurdly overdramatic stories.

lol'd at pic

In my headcanon he's middle aged nakazato after topping out on level ups and travelling to the past in his god machine.

He even has a skinny long haired friend with a honda who happens to be good at driving one handed.

Monoparental upbringing.

My head cannon is that God Hand is Shingo's uncle and God Foot is Nakazato's stepfather. He owned two R32s, and he likely gave one to Nakazato.

There's definitely something that distinguishes it from any other tv show or work of literature in the attention to detail. I find any other anime or even movie very hard to watch because they lack realism, but the 1st stage of initial d never disappointed me, and I think a lot of other mechanically minded people feel the same way.