QTDDTOT: Questions that don't deserve their own threads

Continued from:
Why is that some Off road tires are loud as fuck on road and some aren't? is it the compound or just tread design?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/NEW-COMPLETE-THROTTLE-BODY-ASSEMBLY-FITS-2002-2005-TOYOTA-CAMRY-2-4L-2AZFE-/121778798585?fits=Model:Camry
ebay.com/itm/DK704149-2002-2006-TOYOTA-CAMRY-2-4L-THROTTLE-BODY-ASSEMBLY-22030-0A010-OEM-/172635483061?hash=item2831e06bb5:g:bZUAAOSwHptY-UnU&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can't it be both? Also who is this semen demon

look like an mx3 or something

Its a NB coupe, they only sold them in Japan.

No I was just under the impression that all off road tires were just noisy on road, until the the other I had a jeep pass with I think 33's by and wasn't much louder than the basic 70/235 Wranglers I had on my truck.

Hi br/o/s. I was changing my plugs today, and noticed cylinder 3 wont torque properly. The plug will keep spinning and won't come to a tight stop. How fucked am I? I guarantee its the cause of my rough idle.

buy a helicoil set and fix it or get a shop to do it if you're not comfortable tapping it yourself.

How much money am I looking at if i bring to a shop? Thanks for the reply

Gimme it straight. I want to look for a decent 90s dodge neon and soup it up with a 2.4l engine. Some writeups I have read don't make it sound like an impossible swap, and I already l love the way the suspension in the stock neon rides.

Could be done on the cheap, the car Ave parts aren't worth much.

Whats a good way to protect from hail damage? My area has occasional spots of hail, nothing too bad but id still prefer to prevent as much damage as possible. Would a basic blue all purpose tarp from walmart provide much protection? If its falling fast enough, or is big enough, i get that itll still cause damage, but would the tarp mitigate any of it? If not what else could i use?

Is it a wise investment to buy a car with hail damage if it's priced lower than it's usual used price?

Is it bad for the engine to bounce on a custom set rev limit? Like say 4k rev limit

How do I make an I4 engine sound better? And no, I am not swapping in an engine with more cylinders.

like a 2-step type of thing? It's only bad if you severely retard the ignition timing to the point where it sounds like you are in robert-hours Chicago.

its not good for an engine to spin and instantly drop then spin up at a very fast rate nonstop

intake

like a new manifold? how does that change the sound?

What is Honda referring to with "structural adhesives"? pic related.

What's the 4 door equivalent to the Miata?

there really isn't one. What makes a miata a miata is it is light af and has two seats

6 gorillion dollarydoos

>give it to me straight
sounds fun, but do you need some farmer on a thai coconut growing forum to tell you that?

a garage or car canopy/portable garage would work better
a tarp won't do anything except rip
depends if the damage is easily repairable
>busted windshields yes
>dented A pillars and roof no

the wing
just glue gunned on that son bitch

Can I get a throttle body from the junk yard or is that a bad idea.
My car randomly dies on me when Im coming to a stop. Not safe at all. Usually doesnt throw any codes which made it hard to diagnose but one time I was right by autozone when it did it and it had a code saying the throttle motor was the issue.

what car?

2002 camry

chinkshit is always the answer
ebay.com/itm/NEW-COMPLETE-THROTTLE-BODY-ASSEMBLY-FITS-2002-2005-TOYOTA-CAMRY-2-4L-2AZFE-/121778798585?fits=Model:Camry

its a v6

Is this too big of a gap to jury rig with drifters stitch? I'd prefer a new bumper altogether but that is not in my budget

60-100, maybe less if you know the shop really well.

Almost all manufacutrer use adhesives in addition to welding in the construction of the Unibody.

A four door E30, or E36 still will be heavier though.

Is there any point to using all season tires in Southern California?

It's 90+ in the summers, 65+ in the winters, and It almost never rains.

Is the noise of the side of the tires hitting the road. I have Mickey Tompson MTZ's on my TJ Wrangler. It makes a lot of noise for the first week after I rotate them. I have no doors or roof so I really hear them.

>33's on a Jeep.
That was me

My car burns oil, but only after a warm start. No smoke during driving.

Is it valve seals?

Lost my brakes yesterday coming home from work in my 98 camry. Did the front pads,rotors and calipers a couple of months back. The fluid looked fine when I checked the master cylinder. Best guess what went out?

valve stem seals usually smoke on initial startup when cold
>vehicle sits
>oil leaks past seals
>vehicle starts
>burns the oil
>no problem for rest of daily driving
>not enough time for noticeable amount of oil to build up until shut down at night
I'd check the PCV first
>engine gets to temp
>PCV can't get rid of blowby
>forces oil into weird places

probably a brake line, the Japanese love to use steel hard lines and thay are prone to rusting and leaking/breaking

should be okay, but use big ones since it 's on a bend or they'll break

but when it does rain you socal fucks have concrete freeways that offer no grip
>the grooves, they do nothing!
and what if you take a trip to somewhere wet??
get the all seasons
t. grippy pavement district 1

Was thinking it might have been a line. I checked and there is no brake fluid left in it. Whats the best way to determine which line?

Already changed the PCV.

So replacing my stock air intake with a totally rad intake gave me a neat scare this morning when the engine was running super rough and dropped dead at idle. I threw the stock intake back in because I didn't realize the problem was going to be a thing until some intense googling.

How long does it take for an ECU to figure out how much more air it has to work with?

fill it back up and sherlock the leak
easiest with a helper to stomp the brakes while u look
wear safety glasses 4 real
or look for leak trails, but these can be hard to find
>look above the rear axle
also look for brake fluid near the calipers/wheel cylinders to eliminate the possibility of those leaking
>wheel cylinders tend to get leaks, calipers usually don't

as long as it takes you to unplug the battery for 30 minutes

Don't be a faggot with a trip. You say 30 minutes but most places said 10.

depends on the car m8

either way dont be a faggot user

is it a turbo? have you done a compression test?
not a lot to troubleshoot out here, it's probably a gasket/seal or the rings unless you have a leaky turbo

>most places say ten
if you get in and stomp on the brakes to drain charge faster, maybe

he's not wrong, you know

N/A

Fuck it, i'm gonna run some high mileage stuff in it for a while and see if that reconditions the seals.

do a compression test, you'll feel better br/o/
>testers are usually free to rent

Radial tires vs. Bias tires. Bias tires are noisy as fuck.

Whats it called when you have a Y pipe welded into your exhaust with one side attached to the rest of the exhaust and the other has a valve over it that you can open to let the exhaust out at that point instead of at the back of the car? I know thats a bad description, but its the best ive got. I used to know it, a friend said it was a blow off valve but i know thats wrong.

Still pass only posting?

exhaust cutout

Some of the body is literally glued together, aeroplanes have been built like that for years.

This and They're also called butterfly valves.

Would a radiator from an 01 1.6L DOHC automatic Hyundai Accent be transferable to an 02 1.5L SOHC manual? I need a new one for the latter, but can't find anything but the former, which has a physically wider radiator with two extra smaller hoses running to the gearbox.

Could I
>a) fit the new radiator on the improper brackets with zip ties well enough to drive without concern
And
>b) route the transmission hoses back to each other to create a closed circuit without issues

Hey guys which is the better car: 2017 Civic Sedan Si or 2017 Mazda3 2.5 Hatchback

Say theoretically I'm building a really car out of a RS neon and parts from a junked srt4, plus a 2.4l engine, but I wanted a 6 speed transmission. Is that possible in this case? I realize this is a very specific question

How does one flush a used radiator?

can someone give me a quick rundown on chip tuning?

When I push on my brake pedal it almost feels squeaky down by my foot but I don't hear any noise

What is this?

Go to a tuner shop, get them to use their several grand worth of equipment to do it for you.

By putting in a Cooling system cleaner letting it set for several days then flush it out with fresh water.

Did that engine ever come coupled with a 6-speed? No? Then No is your answer.

How can something "feel' Squeaky?

Probably your vacuum booster.

Damn. Oh well. Oem trans is fine. I just wanted to try 6 speed without going full miata

ebay.com/itm/DK704149-2002-2006-TOYOTA-CAMRY-2-4L-THROTTLE-BODY-ASSEMBLY-22030-0A010-OEM-/172635483061?hash=item2831e06bb5:g:bZUAAOSwHptY-UnU&vxp=mtr

Does the throttle motor come with the throttle body. Or would I have to by that separately.

I'm at my wits fukken end. I'm driving a 2013 focus with Bluetooth. OK. Now when I go to scan for devices my phone can "see" SYNC (the car), but refuses to connect.

Sometimes it does, and it's completely random, I cannot replicate conditions for pairing. I tried to unpair and repair but now neither device wants to talk to the other, this is insanely frustrating.

Is all Bluetooth like this? Yes ok, go ahead and make fun, haha retard doesn't understand Bluetooth, ok, now suggestions?

I'm moving from a state with emissions tests to a state with no emissions tests next year. My inspection sticker for my current state (NJ) is good through July 2018 and I'll be moving in March next year. Because my sticker is valid can I just delete my cat now because by the time it expires I'll be in a new state or should I wait it out?

How do americans manage to drive off with the handbrake/e-brake engaged? Disregarding the fact that the instrument cluster shows the red brake symbol (that you should notice anyway, since it could also indicate a problem with the brakes themselves),

It's also completely obvious when taking off. In a manual, you end up stalling the engine if you try to mechanically take off, or notice that the engine starts lugging when the clutch grabs. In an automatic I guess it's obvious too, as the car doesn't crawl when you put it in D and step off the brake.

So, what's the reason?

You act like this is a common problem, which I assure you it isn't.

Simply becuase most Americans don't ever use the parking brake.

You could risk it and cut it off and a cop pull you over and just by chance see that its removed.

I've read a non-zero amount of anecdotes and seen pictures of this. In my european shithole, exactly zero people drive with the handbrake engaged.

>I've read a non-zero amount of anecdotes and seen pictures of this.

So it safe to assume that you never take baths and your women never shave because I've read non-zero anecdotes and seen pictures of it? In my American shithole everyone takes a bath regularly and women wouldn't be caught outside with unshaven anything.

I've done it a few times in Ferraris with ratcheting handbrakes that lay flat like in the 355 and 550. Europeans don't do it because you can't overcome the force of a parking brake with a .8 liter diesel.

Don't you look at the dash before taking off for any warning symbols? Especially in old italian cars where missing the battery charge warning could mean you end up stranded in the middle of nowhere with your shitty Marelli ignition smoking.

>In a manual, you end up stalling the engine if you try to mechanically take off

t. guy who has never drove anything with over 100 ft lbs of torque

>Don't you look at the dash before taking off for any warning symbols?
No, I'm a mechanic, I'm immune to them

>why are amerifats so stupid lol
They're not, but our stupid people are way louder than our non-stupid people

I assure you, nobody I've known has ever had this problem

From last thread:

Got 2 amps, both for free, and not sure which to use. Might end up selling both. Dont care about muh bass or any of that. Which would be better for overall quality/clarity?

Not if he goes full stancefag and drops his car to half an inch above the ground.

>euro shithole
Got that right senpai
Imo most car owners here in the us dont care much about their vehicles. They CBF to do basic maintenance half the time. Its not hard to google how to change your oil or something, and then go from there and learn more about your vehicle.

Based on name alone I'd go with the alpine.

So the passenger CV axle in my 06 si is fucked. Can a bad CV axle eventually cause you to need to put more gas when starting off to get moving or is that a completely different issue? Also, is it one of those things that I'd have to replace both sides or can I just do the bad side and keep the other one?

Is there an AWD SUV that gets more than 25 MPG?

Got MAF failure recently. One of the replacement MAF I got makes the boost on my stock turbo sky rocked all the way to 55psi, the fuck is happening, how can a MAF do something like that?

What gauge wire do you use for parking lamps? The wire on my car disintegrated when I replaced them.

Suzuki jimny

What is that weird silver metally looking can thing on top of the intake manifold, next to the throttle?

Car has a weird symptom where it has this extremely weird rattling sound when at around 3500 rpm and it stutters a lot. Sounds like someone was sticking a straw into a fast moving fan

Does anyone have experience with using climbing chalk to prevent sweaty hands from slipping the steering wheel?

I hear vibrations out of my back two windows when driving, my car shakes a lot when I drive past 20 mph it's a Honda accord can anyone tell me what's wrong. I took it to a mechanic and they said its perfectly fine...

So my brakes are fucked and I just took my car into a shop to get them looked at. There's a grinding noise coming from the front. I thought it was the right wheel, it's the driver's side one. They said it was because my calipers had seized, in addition to one of my brake pads being non-existent. Essentially, they told me I needed new calipers on the front AND back, as well as new pads and new rotors.

I know none of you can inspect my car right now, but how much of that sounds like bullshit? Because if the E-brake uses the rear wheels only, then the rear braking feels fine. I'm not trying to get fucked by a shop. I can get a friend to help me replace pads, calipers and rotors. I just need to know if it's necessary in the rear as well.

Dont have a problem with Sync in my 2016 Focus, always connects without asking when i jump in the car, maybe ask a ford dealer?

So I have a bunch of parts laying around for a potential project car.
I want to try to put a 2.0 TSI engine in an NC MX5 shell that I have. The problem is keeping it rwd.
I can use a VW Amarok 6 speed transmission but I live in the US. So I was thinking, I have family in Mexico that can easily get one.
TLDR; Is it legal to bring a VW Amarok transmission from Mexico into the US?

Fixing your brakes yourself isn't that hard. It can be done in an afternoon with a jack and a friend, or even by yourself if you don't have any friends. As far as needing new calipers, take them off and inspect them yourself before you do anything. There's a couple little sliding pins between the two halves of the calipers. If those move freely, then the caliper is good. If not, you need to replace it. You'll definitely want new brake pads as soon as possible, and when you do that, you'll want to replace both left and right of at least the front brakes, and all your pads if the back ones are bad as well. Don't let autozone trick you into getting ceramic pads, because while they are better for braking, they're harder on your rotors, and if yours are already worn, you'll have to replace the rotors sooner. I'm also assuming you've got rotors for all four wheels, and not rear drums/front rotors.

Just get gloves.

Take it to another mechanic, get him to ride with you for a drive, Vibrations could mean anything.

Probably since its not related to emissions.

Yes sir, rotors on all wheels. In that case, I will be working on it tomorrow. I have a friend that's knowledgeable about cars, we can jack it up and see if it's *hopefully* just the front.

You won't know its necessary until you take it apart.

Even it it was fucked, you wouldn't know because braking is done 75-100% by the front brakes depending on load, and the emergency brake relies on a secondary system different from the Pedal brake.

what would cause my acceleration pedal to feel sorta "grindy" i guess would be the best way to put it. not vibrating, but sort of like pushing the pedal through some sandpaper.

Imdependant throttle bodies are the answer you seek. See youtube.