/fnt/ - OFFICIAL FRIDAY NIGHT THREAD

/fnt/ - [ F r i d a y N i g h t T h r e a d ]

Why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?

Why aren't you out for Memorial Day weekend with your bros or >gf?

What are your car related plans for the weekend?

your car > whores

post waifu

Gotta get the brakes done, oil, windows need to be fixed and power sterring motor is fucked. Plus I need a new blower motor.

>Why are you sat at home alone on a friday night?
I need my weekly night to drink and shitpost
>Why aren't you out for Memorial Day weekend with your bros or >gf?
For a change I actually will be
>What are your car related plans for the weekend?
Draggin the super shitbox Grand Am out for it's 3rd enduro tomorrow

I am half way to Myrtle Beach drinking a beer at a hotel with my girl. We're in a rental car it's a fucking Chevy Cruze and is like a numb egg but the digital cruise control is pretty neat. The Fiesta we rented last year was livelier though. This Cruze actually shuts the engine off when you stop and starts it up again when you take your foot off the brake what the fuck.

I got a ticket today from these small town cops today because she was hungry before we got to the hotel. I pull off the highway onto this two lane rural route, right? So the turn onto the route becomes its own third lane for like a mile then becomes an offramp. I see two cops with their lights on behind one guy and as I drive by them my initial thought is "wonder what he did to get his car searched" until the rear cop takes off after me with his lights still on, gets in my tail and chirps his siren so I pull over and it turns out falling to move over for lights is a primary offense in Virginia, even if you're basically on a ramp going a very different speed from the primary lane. So as he's writing me a fucking hundred dollar ticket for this very serious offense, his partner zooms by us and pulls over ANOTHER guy for not getting over for us. It's a fucking trap. They work in pairs and leapfrog over one another all fucking day. How about that shit?

Never alone in the barracks. Wish I was sometimes.

It's Remembrance Day here, and that's in November.

It's in the shop because I'm retarded and snapped off a stud by using the wrong torque setting.

>post waifu
S3 never and it hurts. I just wish I could stop thinking about her.

Virginian here, I'm glad your faggot ass got a ticket, you fucks come into our state and drive like total shitheads and I can say this without even knowing where you're from because EVERYONE on the east coast is fucking guilty

No local car bros I know, and I feel like drinking

See above, also the only people I ever really see are the ones I work with, I don't hang out with people I work with.

Just changes spark plugs today. Always hate doing that. This time had to pull out the underside of the fender so I could access the plugs. Hoping to deal with a clutch issue I have later on this weekend. Got a 1k mi trip next week.

Pic of Waifu on truck

tired af after being a wagie all morning, not that i would have done anything else anyways
canadian, doesn't really apply idk maybe it does and i'm an idiot
nothing because i'm a bus rider (don't shitpost just lurk because cars interest me on an engineering level); just starting working the summer so i'll check out some shitbox 96 audi a6 quattro with a 2.8l dohc V6 for $300 on thursday (looks like guy understeered into a fence while trying to rally it in the snow; just need to make sure there aren't (m)any mechanical issues and the frame aint completely fucked from the side collision)
>waifu
pic related

I'm from Ohio where I'll be back to and away from your great state for another year so we'll just see if this podunk ticket actually manages to follow me home since I threw it straight in the trash.

>Why are you alone
I'm working and watching old Marilyn Manson interviews
>Why aren't you out for the weekend
See above
>Car related plans for the weekend
Drive around when I can't physically or mentally continue working

>86k
>Shes starting to show signs of fuel system failure
>Looking at taking her into the shop tomorrow and get some work done, I hope this fixes the issues..

sick af and eating pizza with gf

gonna do some stuff tomorrow

new tires, brake pads, and maybe sell a shit car.
>guy from CL hasn't texted me back but we already agreed on a price last in person weekend
not sure wtf if it's selling or not

Cause I want to.
Leaving for Indy tomorrow for the Indy 500 on Sunday.
Nothing.

>I'm from Ohio
>calls any other state "Podunk"

Better than being a mistake of a state I guess

It's not the state it was the small town cops playing highway patrol to get town revenue.

Amigo is getting married in a town about an hour outside of Austin, TX. I'm driving down from Dallas with my gf tomorrow morning...hoping to get some time to use my ISF on some of those lovely Austin roads. :^)

Rich coming from the state that for over 30 years had the most notorious cop trap in where was it...New Rome?

I don't have many bros or a gf. I did just purchase this last week though and I plan on working on it over the weekend. It needs a thermostat and I need to troubleshoot why it's slow idle is kind of rough. Other than that it runs and shifts great, and gets like 40 mpg. It will be fun to fix it up over the summer.

>tfw working on monday

It's funny that you know about that but this one was just as bad. Bluefield. Avoid it.

Taking my new gen2 camry on a fantastic journey sunday, saving gas money now
i can wait to start until tomorrow, drinking a beer and reveling in my new shitbox now
plans for a fry party with boiled eggs Saturday
so much farts
besides the drive
none, taking a car work break since I smogged and "fixed" my new (to me) car
refreshed the starter solenoid contacts, drained the oil and put a new air and oil filter on with my favorite oil brand and some new wipers today
thursday I smogged it and it passed so I took a break and did other chores that I had been procrastinating on
wednesday i drained and refilled the ATF with some valvoline maxlife
tuesday i replaced the PCV and grommet which was a huge bitch and took way too long
>old parts amirite
monday i got it insured and drove around to test it, and adjusted the throttle and A/T cables
and I bought it on Sunday
>your car > whores
always
>post waifu
is parts husbando acceptable?

Same, shit sucks

Have we really lost this many of the lonely drivers?

>LKQ
Love that place. Got a brake booster, master cylinder, the lines and the reservoir for like $55.

I'm working after-hours phone support this weekend, so stuck home. Shit sucks.

i really dont feel like doing anything else

my friends are working or out of state

gonna try to get my bike running properly. maybe try to get my car running too
maybe sell my other car?

you going to lkq this weekend for the sale?

Yuifag here reporting in agen.

Socializing is gay
I work memorial day
Hook up new radio system and hopefully fix handbrake

>Waifu
Pic related

Learned that my friends aren't really my friends
No gf
Going to check out a 1998 civic. Dad spoke with the owner, originally the car was $2000, but my Dad can get it for $750.
>your car
1992 civic that was tboned by a high schooler

cause I wanna fucking die and the weather is shit
cause I have neither
nothing cause im working
>post waifu
ok

>Friday night feels
>New at this job
>Working here a few months
>Kept asking for projects and demanding interesting work for my dept
>They gave me a client alright, they mentioned it was an easy one and should be done asap
>I'm still new here and the senior people will not respond to my questions at all
>Nobody wants to help and they want to hold onto the knowledge for themselves
>Every time I need an answer I have to go to other depts and my own team won't respond to my emails
>They gave me this project to watch me fail
>I'm doing the best I can given the time I've been at this company the thing is so many of my own team members will not follow up with the questions I've asked
>They want me to fail and quit working for this company
>Currently 2am
>All I can think about is the massive project that goes live next week
>Thinking about my deadline of setting up six data centers across the US and nobody on my team will assist with this
>Either they don't know the answer to the questions I have asked or they don;t care about me at all at this company

either people really don't like you, or you just suck.
Easy answer ? KYS

Not forgetting this time.

Because work.

Because transmission died, and work.

Just got a "new" RX7 yesterday, picked it up for $400. It's a piece of shit, but because of being such a POS, it's the perfect candidate to turn into an amazing car. The engine likely needs a rebuild, plugs, probably distributors, just A LOT of work. So tomorrow, I plan on jacking up the front, and cleaning the bay out as best I can. Probably get new plugs next week, and get working on the interior design stage, since everything from behind the seats needs to be redone. Driver side auto-seat belt doesn't work, and the passenger side one is hesitant at best. Thinking of replacing both seats with buckets, or at the very least, the drivers seat.

>post waifu
Kk

>Virginian thinks he isn't on the coast
You're guilty too by your own logic you dumb faggot. Inb4 NOT ALL VIRGINIANS sjw fact-bending.

You can't be srs here

Why you gotta be a dick when that really isn't the case and it isn't about liking me or even knowing who I am

I've been in this role for two months and have just received a large project with no direction from upper management, do they expect you to get everything done on your own?

We have depts in multiple states and what I am left with is asking other depts who have other roles in this shit to help me figure it out....

>I'm going to kill them with kindness
>This project will not fail

That'll teach you to apply to a job you're not qualified for.

damn i wish, I have to go there on vacations
Only been to one sale it was amazing
I hit the one in santa fe springs up usually

the squeaky wheel gets replaced, an/o/n
next time don't come on so strogg

Depends what part of Virginia desu.
After all, inland Virginia is basically Kentucky and Kentucky sure as hell isn't a coastal state.

>NOT ALL VIRGINIANS
fucking called it. The state is on the east coast, fucker. It doesn't matter what part of the state, it borders the ocean.

You don't know what you're taking about...