Hey guys insurance question

Hey guys insurance question.

My car suffered some cosmetic damage.

Some nigger rammed my IS300 and I'm waiting for an adjuster to come and check it out.

I have no alternative means of transportation. Can I still drive my car with the damage or will it cause issues with insurance company and paying me out?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-IS300-HOOD-2002-2003-2004-2005-SILVER-OEM-/222523190345?hash=item33cf6a6c49:g:WLwAAOSwK6RZHfAP&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/00-05-Lexus-IS-OEM-Carbon-Fiber-Creations-Body-Kit-Hood-100083-/192081106924?fits=Year:2002|Model:IS300&hash=item2cb8ed17ec:g:PtgAAOSwUKxYfrx7&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>some nigger rammed
>damage on the front
Did they hit you in oncoming?
Or did you do all of the ramming.

Don't tell insurance you drove it.

you have an IS 300 and you don't have rental car insurance? uhhh ok

this, or if you live in a town where possible, lift/uber/taxi and give reciepts to insurance

Reversed into it.

Pulled out in traffic, then threw it in reverse and gunned it to my car.

No I have rental, but my assigned adjuster is not in the office until Sunday so I'm assuming I won't have a rental until after the holidays.

Do I have a shitty insurance company or will someone contact me tomorrow? First time I've been involved in an accident with my vehicle.

Here's another pic. There was no witnesses and we were the only two involved.

If you look, you can see that his car is on top of mine showing that he reversed into it. Will that be proof enough to relieve me of the fault? Because I heard his gf lie about the accident to what I assumed was the police.

The Camry is off the ground look at his rear tire

should be no issue with proving you're not at fault

>IS300
They're going to total it bro. If repairs are 50% of the value they'll total it, and it's maybe worth $7k

Hood
Maybe a fender depending on if the inside support is damaged
Bumper cover
Bumper cover supports
Grille insert
Paint job with blending

Better hope it's less than $3k

You think I did more than 2k damage? I doubt I did. My bumper and hood are the only things harmed.

What do you mean you did the damage? I thought the guy reversed into you?

Well of course he did.

Or is there something I'm missing between me doing the damage and the other party doing the damage? Sorry I don't know much about insurance this is my first time having collision and comp coverage.

OP what are you doing, you showed your license plate!?! don't you know that we can all download your car now?

You think? I looked at that too, but it looks like that can happen if I hit him too.

>If you look, you can see that his car is on top of mine showing that he reversed into it. Will that be proof enough to relieve me of the fault? Because I heard his gf lie about the accident to what I assumed was the police.

HOLD THE FUCK ON.... you took pics but didn't call the cops yourself? You absolute fucking retard. Someone get this kid a helmet before he hurts himself.

Genuine lexus parts are expensive, especially on out-of-production cars. Check out genuine lexus parts costs online and piece it together and then add in labor and paint, and yeah that's gonna be $2k.

Whats your insurance say OP? Are you at fault? Do you have a police report or something that states you aren't at fault?

You are going through insurance, right?

If you are, and you aren't at fault, you should be able to annoy your insurance company enough to get you a rental.

That plate is from 1999 I think it was for a Honda Accord. :^)

Shouldn't have involved insurance. Doesn't look like too much damage.

Yeah if he doesn't have a police report he dun fucked up. If there isn't a cop sitting right there in front of you then assume someone is lying.

My guess is the other driver is going to claim he wasn't driving, and OP can't prove it and will be fucked.

Slow down buddy I called cops too.

Insurance is currently contacting the other insurance. Just waiting for an adjuster. The driver agreed that he did reverse, but I'm worried the story will soon change.

>the other driver
That guy is already long gone. At this point OP is just making records against himself.

Holy shit. The cop that arrived didn't report a damn thing. Just told us that it was ok to drive off and get each other's information.

Fuck me fuck me fuck me

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Even if OP makes a claim, he still has prove the other dude was the one driving. All he has is a plate. The other driver can just say he wasn't driving, car was stolen, whatever and weasel out of this.

$30 dash cam bro

The report is supposed to have both driver licenses on it, both registrations on it so you can report it to your insurance. Without all that you are royally screwed.

The cops will complete their investigation, and give you an accident report assigning fault... If the cop says that the other driver was at fault then thats what the insurance is going to go with.

Did the other driver admit reversing in front of the cop or to an insurance person? If so it doesn't matter if they change their story later, the cop has written it in their report and the second you call an insurance person you're being recorded.

I have all of that though. Literally everything but a damn police report.

The fucking cop just rushed it off. How fucked am it?

>but my assigned adjuster is not in the office until Sunday
That's why MANAGERS exist. You can contact the manager and have him approve your rental car.

When you have a police report on your side, your insurance company typically handles all the paperwork for you and then charges the other insurance company. If the other guy is not covered, your insurance company even handles the additional lawyer work and court appearances and documentation for you. It is all invisible to you. I know a lot of people complain about insurance companies, but that high insurance fee is also for all those other services that are invisible to you but remove all the hassle. Mine is like that. If your insurance company is not like that, then it sucks.

He admitted it to his insurance person. Not sure about the police. Just heard his gf say "he rammed his car" while on the phone.

Yeah, he totally had insurance on the phone....

>The cop that arrived didn't report a damn thing
Lazy Cop syndrome.

My city cops will record the info. It makes more paperwork for the cop, but they still serve the public here instead of just soak the public for up to $150K annual salary and huge pensions and full ride medical through retirement. Each cop is fantastically expensive. If he doesn't work for you, then that sucks a lot.

A police report prevents liars since the story is written down officially. If the other guy now changes his story, you can be screwed since you own the chargeable incident.

>The cops will complete their investigation
Cops have already done everything they are ever going to do.

Sigh... fuck it I'm just going to suck it up and get this down with my own deductibles and shit, and have insurance deal with hunting the guy down.

Sounds like a lot of bad against me involving this guy. Just got the car a week ago too so I'm really down about it.

Hopefully it wont be totaled out.

Stay away from Africans guys.

It's gonna be totaled. You should never have involved insurance. Now it gets a shitty salvage title which makes it worthless. You dun goofed.

And now you also run the risk of probably having to repair the nigs car if he claims you hit him, and also taking a hit on you insurance premium. Buy a dashcam m8.

Will do. Thanks guys

Was it a nigger, or was it a Nigger-nigger?

I'm in the same boat right now OP. Some bitch ran into my car and the adjuster is taking forever because we just had a bunch of hail here. I'm not driving mine unless I have to because the alignment got fucked and the tires wear out when you drive it. If said nigger hit your car straight on, the allignment might be okay. If it seems to pull to either side when you drive it then I wouldn't drive it, especially if you have good tires.

ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-IS300-HOOD-2002-2003-2004-2005-SILVER-OEM-/222523190345?hash=item33cf6a6c49:g:WLwAAOSwK6RZHfAP&vxp=mtr

Used bumper and grille should run you about 150. None on eBay at the moment, try asking around on the lexus forums. Silver IS300 body parts are common af.

Just fix it yourself.

Oh, that one's dented. Go for the carbon fiber one then.
ebay.com/itm/00-05-Lexus-IS-OEM-Carbon-Fiber-Creations-Body-Kit-Hood-100083-/192081106924?fits=Year:2002|Model:IS300&hash=item2cb8ed17ec:g:PtgAAOSwUKxYfrx7&vxp=mtr

Op don't listen to these dummies

Looks like You'll be replacing the front bumper, grille, and hood. If all are OEM, then it'll be rated at about 1k. Paint matching might bring it up a little more, but not much. Car is far from totaled.

Pictures obviously tell that you were hit, not the other way around. (Raised suspension from other car, bumper on top of your hood, hood is bent despite being a low clearance car) You'll be fine, but I suggest to not drive the car in the condition. Or at least don't mention it at all to insurance.

Also, you have all of his information. call your police department and file a report of the accident with all of the persons information. Highly doubt he's smart enough to legit get away with it.

T. Insurance adjuster

Not really. If by chance you had hit him, even if he had the handbrake on, the car wouldn't end up on top of yours.

btw, you americans are fucking retarded. How can you even manage to fuck up changing gears on a fucking slushbox?

So I got in contact with the insurance companies. Turns out the other guy didn't even report it on his end. Will this work in my favor regarding relieving me at fault? I'm just worried how easy it would be to say I reared him.

>blaming Americans for a 419 nigger reversing in my car

You never say shit like that.
You say "do you think HE did more than 2k worth of damages?"