seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/614740150
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/6142404762.html
seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/6111711494.html
seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/6145208197.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6083451610.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6146005083.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

put in my sparco bucket today

Serious question, what is this obsession people have with seats? Is it about comfort? Weight reduction? Safety? Or is it just a boiracer meme? My stock NA seats are insanely comfortable. I see no reason to switch them out

mmm yes good an actual thread
post cute miatas

Depends on how fast you drive around corners. Keeps you from sliding around your seat. Not a whole lot to do with normal driving comfort.

Doing rear brakes pads tomorrow, hope I don't screw up.

It's simple...don't let it intimidate you. Just be very careful when using the Allen key on the adjustment pin. It's NOT threaded so don't use any torque or you will strip the splines in the pin and in the caliper

You understand me, you son of a bitch?

I'll repeat - the 4mm Allen key adjustment screw is not threaded. Don't try to torque it left or right to tighten or loosen it - that's not how it works. It's literally just suspended in there and can be pulled out with a magnet

great shot

Installing a Hard Dog double diagonal tomorrow morning. Any tips before I botch this?

lighter than the stock seats, and the bolsters keeps you frmo sliding all around at high speed corners
thx famalam

got damm that is clean

>mfw I was too eager to buy a miata and bought a really rough one for cheap instead of saving and waiting for an unmolested miata

Some dude offered me these for a set of BMW wheels I have kicking around the shed. 15x6 unfortunately but I thought they might look dece on my Mariner Blue NA if I did a yellow rollbar and tint the headlights/indicators yellow

Thoughts? I can't find much info on them online

Pic of them on his car

Do it

I'd pass on those m8

if your car looks anything like that, nothing will look good on it

my paint initially was pretty rough, but i had it completely repainted after an accident

How much did that cost you?

I can't really seem to find a solid estimate on complete re-paints

paid $500 since insurance paid for 3/4 of the car and my body shop dude told me to throw him 500 and he'd do the whole thing.
I'd expect to pay like around 2k for a decent quality paintjhob

mfw that's more than I payed for the car

truth be told i'm way upside down in this car with how much i've spent on it, but i have no problem with that

Main thermo fan died today halfway to my destination. Luckily for me, the AC fan comes on if I run my AC that doesn't work. I had to stop and let it cool every 4-5km in sub-50km/h traffic.

Fuck me the 1.6 is on the edge of cooling, definitely going to spring for a new rad/fans and do a coolant reroute ASAP.

Gaz coilovers? Are they any good?

Your car is gorgeous, love the paint

Might have to repaint mine in a not so far future though

Current pic of Miata?

The interior is shit (like really shit, I never saw an interior this shit to be honest, previous owner wrapped the whole car with fake white leather and removed the carpets for some kind of bathroom floor)

There's a huuuuuge mark on the hood as you can see and they tried to hide it with a spray can which is worse now

I love the car and there's no rust but people are really shit and don't respect their own goods

At least your panels are all lined up properly. Not a bad looking Miata. With a good wash and wax your car would really stand out.

My car has good paint, but my bonnet, headlights, and front bumper are all out of line. I can try to align them during this long weekend.

The hood isn't straight as you can see, we're going to change the timing belt and we have a nasty radiator leak (we changed it for a new one and still leaking so we're back to the start)

Seriously, take a look at my interior and tell me it's OK

Lmao, I remember this shit interior. I'd donate some OEM parts to you out of pity.

Sup, /mg/. Glad to see a new thread is up.

I was meaning on making a whole different thread for this, but I want to start with you guys.

Bought my NA6 a while ago and its perfect.The only issue is that the previous owner was backing into her garage and hit a shelf, and while it isn't totally obvious and terrible (I edited the picture to really focus on the dents, thats why the colors fucked) it keeps me awake at night.

I'm thinking of slapping a sticker over it to try to cover it while I look for an opportunity to fix it. Let me know what you guys think. If you have any other sticker ideas, please let me know!

>backing into her garage and hit a shelf
>backing into her garage
>her

t. sexist

I'm desperately searching for interior parts though, as I live in a third world country miatas aren't popular and I have to buy everything from Mazda directly and it costs an arm and a leg

Wait did I already shared my interior before though

Well anyway as you can see I'm trying to remove the shit from the plastics but that cunt used glue to stick it on

And he fucking painted the center console too

Im selling it, someone buy it pls.

pls gib memeiata

Dumping my new miata got that bitch for 1800 looking for comments maybe some easy fix recommendations.

I can sometimes get free parts at a Miata swapmeet here in California, if you don't mind paying for shipping I can send you interior stuff.

I actually have a spare center console just sitting in my garage that I've been meaning to sell for a while now.

Mechanically its fine works great this weekend gotta work on the idle timing and it'll be fine.

Get rid of those altezza tail lights, pure cancer.

replacement link? Gonna spend 1000 getting it up to snuff and 1000 on making it look good. Back right rocker panel has some bad rust think i might take it to a body shop to get it fixed.

the paint is the least easy fix

just pay a mexican on CL to do that for you

Sure. Florida?

Yeah sure why not but the shipment might be pretty expensive too, California is like the other side of the globe for me kek

not who you're replying to, but tampafag here. What price are you looking at?

Get OEM taillights off craigslist or ebay, used. Sell your altezza ones to a beaner to get some of that cash back.

Where are you located?

7k for a clean NC1 with 110k seems resonable to me. Expecially since people still want 5k for clean NB's

Great weather outside but I can't enjoy it because my rear wont stop braking.
Fuck me.

France

LMFAO

I'll offer 4

The other day I saw a car from afar and I thought, "Oh fuck, is that an RX7!?" But then a piece of shit MX5 rolled past.

damn im gonna buy a miata now so people mistake it for an rx7

lol. If you saw the miata market where I live, Good luck finding a clean NB at that price let alone an NC

Put a wanklel in it.

Germanfag here, 7k is normal for it. Where do you get for 4?

Dont worry about the shit poster. The most you can get where I live for 4k is a 2001 NB with 130k miles

did-it-myself.com/changing-brakes-in-a-miata/
"Once you get the caliper back together and bolted down, you have to readjust the parking brake. Simply spin the wheel and tighten the allen screw until the pads make contact and the wheel stops spinning. Then, back it off a third of a turn. Reinstall the cap on the allen screw, and you’re done. Don’t forget to put on your parking brake again before putting the rear tires on the ground."

lmfao

Have a stuck piston and I don't feel like I could fix it myself.

lmao @ the chiquita one. do that

The miata market where I live in a nutshell

I don't know if this is a scam or the guy is just retarded.
daytona.craigslist.org/cto/6143922662.html

what's the normal price to pay for a NA with all of the clear coat intact?

Depending on the mileage and other stuff involved, I'd say 3 to 4k.

I got mine for 3400 with a hard top, 2 extra sets of wheels, and brakes and shit. Clear coat is intact, but it has scratches and stuff all over the car. Also has one tiny rust spot

Every day I kind of regret not buying a Miata. I'm seriously considering selling this Golf I'm driving and getting one. I'd even get to pocket some cash.

>I got mine for 3400 with a hard top, 2 extra sets of wheels, and brakes and shit. Clear coat is intact, but it has scratches and stuff all over the car. Also has one tiny rust spot
wtf where do you live? I live in FL so it is overwhelmed with riced out miatas thanks to Orlando and Miami. Fuck spics

Cincinnati Ohio. Lel forgot to mention it also has 230k miles on it

you're lucky it is only a little spot of rust

Don't even trip, dawg, I got'chu.

The piston in each rear caliper is easily adjustable. You just remove a bolt in the back of the caliper, and underneath there is an adjustment screw that you turn with a simple allen wrench (hex key).

Already changed discs because I thought they were uneven, so I know how to remove the assembly. The thing is that I don't want to remove hoses or the cylinder.

Is this the gay hookup thread?

With the thing I recommended all you have to do is get the wheel and one bolt out then twist a hex wrench - that's it.

>after a few months and an engine swap finally get my miata working
>troubleshooting before big run
>didnt want to shift so had to bleed clutch and all that
>didnt want to start for a bit but finally did
>push it super hard around neighbourhood
>loud and noisy the entire time
>starts to smoke
>pull up driveway
>spits coolant at my windshield from the theromstat housing
i can fix it and all but damn that was fun as all hell and i deserve it
pic, hes taking a breather after all that

>tfw the town I'm moving to next year has tons of NA Miatas for sale on Craigslist

Can't wait to get out of Jersey and buy a beater Miata to join the Miata general

Would a Miata be a terrible DD? I'm trying to find something that's reliable and all that jazz that I also can have some fun with if I need. I like to drive when I'm stressed so the more fun the car is to drive, the better it is for me.
The only cheap, RWD, and manual cars in my price range besides old BMWs I can't afford the mantince on is the Miata. During August through April I have no garage and I get pretty snowy winters. I need to drive back and forth to school every day(I live by a bus stop so I can take that if I really need to) and I have to drive to my hometown 3-4 times a year (300 miles away). Someone please tell me a Miata is a bad idea. Please.

buy a Miata man. Just do it.

its impractical if you have children on need a lot of space for shit.

>Need space for shit
Well I'm moving into a new apartment in August that's 300 miles away. I'm not bringing that much stuff (no furniture or anything) but I still feel like I couldn't fit everything in there. I could definitely just get my parents to help
How reliable are the NA motors? Like I said, I won't have a garage in the winters for a couple years so I can't have it die on me because I'll have to be outside in sub freezing temperatures to fix it.
Also I just realized this probably isn't the best place to ask because you guys are all biased

yes

desu i'd like it if it were cleaned up

>shifting from second to third
>third gear has fucked off in whatever direction
>miss the shift

Mfw

>oil leak around cam shaft seal
>pull spark plug connectors
>two fingers of oil standing in plug 4

>Investigate stuck rear brakes
>Rust everywhere
>Piston stuck
>Rust on the fucking brake cylinder

Ordered a full repair kit, but I'm not feeling the meme anymore. It's not even the money (most parts are dirt cheap), it's the exhaustion.

>finally get it started again
>drive it around neighbourhood with friends in tow (plural on purpose)
>car starts to die, lights dim
>keeps flooding
>alternator might be bad
>2k revs it makes a grinding noise somewhere outside the engine
at least its progress

the 1.8 bp is one of the most reliable engines ever imo. It's understressed, and over engineered for what it does.

Keep up on the timing belt and water pump. We are talking about 20 year old cars. Things will probably break, sensors will probably fail. But the motor itself is pretty rock solid.

How's the 1.6? Every one I see on Craigslist is a 1.6

These wheels used and comes with used falken azenis rt615k tires. $350 whole set.
Worth it on my stock 91?

I'm thinking of buying a Miata. Are there any years that I should watch out for? I'm assuming manual or gtfo, but on the offhand chance I find one for a great price, is going with an automatic going to ruin the driving experience?

who is your favorite miata youtuber? Mine is TheCarPassionChannel

set the year range to >=1994. From experience though, the earlier years always seem to be in better shape for some reason.

Very stupid question.
I can't even get a 15x7 RPF1 in NZ for less than $400 EACH.

1.6's are great, make sure you get the SNC.

so where exactly can you import a v-special eunos roadster? none of the import websites ever list miatas, and the ones on cl are always high mileage

email pacific coast auto

also why do you want to import something that came in America

There is really nothing different about them except being RHD and thats not even that cool

Got my roll bar in this weekend. It was a bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm glad I finally got it done. The majority of the hardware included wouldn't even work, so I had to reuse some of the factory bolts and make a few trips to the hardware store, which was pretty frustrating considering how much these things cost.

Yeah ok. Just in case someone else doesn't know what that is, maybe you should explain what that means.
Also, how many miles on the motor before you say it wouldn't be reliable?

ok so what's the best miata? some will be in canada, so if it says Vancouver craigslist, it only costs 75% of that

vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/6123629995.html
>new top
>aftermarket steering wheel so no airbags but I guess it's so small i'd die anyway
vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/cto/6131419371.html
seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/614740150
2.html
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/6142404762.html
seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/6111711494.html
seattle.craigslist.org/skc/cto/6145208197.html
seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6083451610.html
ok, i know that's a lot of them sorry. what do you guys think? price and reliability are huge factors

seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6146005083.html
forgot this one

That fucking plate. Solid choice.

Everyone loves to shit on the 1.6 because HURRRR SHORT NOZE KRANK PROBLEMS!!!1!1
But in reality I've only ever seen one 1.6 in real life with a worn crank keyway and a wobbly pulley as a result. Personally I wouldn't rule out the 1.6.

Pretty cringeworthy desu.