Redpill me on Audi S5 w/ high miles

>2009 Audi S5 6M
>108,957 miles
>$14,955

Seller is a Porsche/Audi dealer. 1 previous owner who actually purchased it brand new at this same dealer. CARFAX shows that it has been serviced there its whole life.

I'm guessing my trade-in would get me somewhere between $8-10k, so I wouldn't really be financing that much. Is this completely retarded, or would I be okay as long as I make sure to pocket some cash for unexpected maintenance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that the 4.2 V8 or 3.0 supercharged? The 3.0 is the more reliable of the two and if the owner kept up on maintenance it shouldn't be too bad, although if it does need some major repair you'll get shafted because lol Audi.

It's the V8, but it sounds like these newer FSI ones don't suffer from the same timing chain guide issues as older S4's. Just carbon buildup which needs to be cleaned fairly regularly.

Are miles in excess of 100k really that big a deal if the previous owner kept up with maintenance? How realistic would it be to drive this thing to 200k?

it can be 1 of 2 cases, considering my old s4 was falling apart at half the mileage

>its had everything replaced and it should be reliable
>it had everything everything replaced and its still going to be a fucking heap

personally i would avoid. get something with lower mileage. and the tiptronic, because its nicer than you think. even has launch control.

Modern Audi cars are built for leasing. What I mean by that is they're meant to be good for about 60k miles and then start disintegrating

I'd take a look on the Audi owner forums or search cost of ownership of that specific model. I don't mean to be negative but, from my experience and that of some friends/family, the results are pretty consistent

At absolute minimum don't finance one, just buy it outright

Without spending 2-3x the buying price on repairs?

Not happening.

t.newaudiownerwhohada30kgearboxrepairbill

The v8 sounds sick with aftermarket exhaust.

t. 2015 rs5 owner

>30k
i didn't know audi had a fuckin veyron in their lineup

>german over engineering

stay away hombre. modern germany couldn't make a reliable car if their lives depended on it.

>modern germany couldn't make a reliable car if their lives depended on it
*blocks your path*

You really have no idea about the costs of modern, let alone luxury cars, do you?

>VW with a bigger engine and more leather
>""""luxury"""" car

If you got $10k for a trade toward a $15k car and needed to finance the $5k to make it happen I'm pretty sure this type of car isn't a good fit for you. Reliable Toyota Camry that was $30k brand new? Sure. High performance model Audi that was $60k brand new? No.

I can understand the appeal, but you can't afford a second hand Audi.

Hell, people who can afford brand new Audi's can't afford second hand ones.

Lease them new as a company expense, turn them over when the warranty runs out.

Porsche a very reliable desu

F U C K I N G
R O A S T E D

>le ebin vag meme

fuck off

lol look at this loser having a meltdown

no,i actually know
a carrera gts clutch is 25k(thanks demuro)
what model year civic do you drive?

No you shouldn't. Good ones are still over 20k.

>*blocks your path*
because it broke down lol
youtube.com/watch?v=-eXUnZrykDY

yeah the same guy just bought a 911 c4s

lmao what an idiot

I call bullshit. What car was it.

B8 S4

yeah sure lmao
30k trans on a 50ishk car

You underestimate the power of German memegineering.

No, 30k trans on an 80k car.

>not swapping your tranny every 30k, or 5 years.

Do you even maintenance?

Have a 2008 S5 at ~100k km. 40k when bought. No problems whatsoever, replaced wipers and rusty tightener on exhaust in nearly 4 years. They're generally considered dead at 200k km, so it leaves you with ~19k miles to go - hence the price. Look for something else.

this
just get a car with a real V8, like a CTS-V

VAG engineers their timing chains to last 80-120K miles, puts them on the back of the engine, so that you have to pull it to do the job. It's designed to be more expensive on the more expensive cars, have fun. On the V8 S4s, it was a 40 hour $3000 job. No idea about the new ones.

Why don't you just get a c5 corvette?

actually,no

an s4 costs 80k?
where?

memers need not apply

>They're generally considered dead at 200k km

What specifically fails around then? Just everything?

Because they look like absolute shit inside. So does the C6.

Because I'd rather drive a dumpster with wheels than an American car.

Not the other user, but here in Aus they're not cheap.

yeah nah you're full of shit

that's just tax
the car itself costs 50k

Not our fault that your country is severely cucked. Come to burgerland.

You're fucking retarded mate.

Stay away from it unless you know the timing chains were done recently.

>It's designed to be more expensive on the more expensive cars
The RS4 and RS5 don't have the same issues because they use higher quality materials for the timing components.

ok,explain
an a4 starts at 60k in USD here,give or take a few grand,does that make the a4 a 60k car?

I thought I heard the S5 was free from timing chain issues because the V8 is FSI. People were saying it's older S4's that had the problems.

I just know for sure the RS (and R8) engines are relatively trouble-free, don't quite trust the S5.
I know the S4 uses the same engine as the Q7 and those fuck up timing components left and right.

Your 15k Audi will be worth 5k next year and will need 10k in parts to run like it did last year

shoulda just bought a Corvette lmao

I feel physically ill when I stare at all the plastic and shitty buttons in Corvettes, and it's not the Ebola. I got rid of that sometime last year. Still shitting blood here and there though.

OP here. What about this one I found?

>2011 Audi S5 6M
>71,400 miles
>$23,591

Would this be much safer, or will I just potentially run into the same bullshit as the higher miles one? Does Audi offer extended warranties? If so, I wouldn't be opposed to looking into that.

This. The something basically applies to all luxury or even entry level luxury cars.

Buy one from Carmax with a bumper to bumper warranty. Its like 5k and you could save like 20k in repairs.

Except for Lexus. Lexus generally just works.

>inb4 overpriced Toyota
>not real luxury lmao

What you guys think about the V10 S6?