Even consumer reports says it's shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JyKF6jsVIug

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bR22nSy1_14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still the godmachine, then?

>normies dont understand glorious nippon brap box

who would have guessed

Where in that did he say it was shit? All he complained about was the infotainment center and some features THEY THINK should be standard.

For 25k, I've seen worse stuff.

For me, it's the Fiat 500 Abarth, the most fun unreliable meme car.

its just the base turbo civic engine with a tune

its a shill dumby

yea but its stage 1 tarbo tune m8

the best kind of toone

gay

so basically the suspension was too hard and the infotainment center doesn't have knobs

thanks for the insight CR

The base Civic doesn't have the turbo, you have to go for the EX-T which is only about 2 - 3 grand cheaper than the SI anyways. It also has a LSD, completely reworked gearbox, and completely new suspension. I think the rear suspension is actually shared with the Type R.

>the stiff suspension hurts my bum bum
>waaah no driver aids in an enthusiast car

still don't see why this is any better than a FoST or FiST

I didn't say it was, but for nip reliability, 28/38 mpg, LSD, and like 2 grand cheaper than a FoST, I'd choose this over the Focus.

The FiST would probably edge it out for me, though. I dunno, I'd have to drive both since nip reliability and that mpg is a really nice selling point.

I actually own a FiST. 36k miles and no problems yet. Seems to be a pretty reliable car.

it looks nice but i fail to see how it's an enthusiast car aside from price

I own one too, I'm at 42k not a single problem

it isn't, its just a turbo civic with a tune

I've watched the video and can't understand why it's bad. The only con I've taken away from it is the lack of steering feedback.

Yeah, there aren't really any widely documented issues with the ST. Only issue with the Focus/Fiesta is the DCT transmission, which is replaced in our cars.

Some people report gearbox issues, but I'd chalk that up to being "babbys first manual tuner car" and bang shifting it everywhere on a stage 3 tune.

The Si is just standard Honda disappointment. All the current driving impressions on civicx are saying the following:

>Under powered with a narrow power band and lots of turbo lag (only has power from 3k-6k)
>Zero exhaust note that sounds identical to the base car (There's even a video showing that the car is inaudible if you're more than three feet away from the exhaust tip)
>Numb electric steering off the base car
>Hondapro Jason posted a 0-60 of only 7.2 seconds (before Honda made him pull the video)
>Terrible stereo (made in China by Foster Electric Company, Limited)

The only good things being said are the LSD is noticeably effective, gas mileage is real, and the seats are nice. You can't even get a Type R either. All Type R's are reserved through 2018 for 5k-10k over MSRP. What a fucking shit show Honda has become.

yea I'd agree with that, I've been on the forums and 99% of people don't have a problem but there was one guy who was on his 4th transmission.
other than that nothing bad has been recorded which is nice

>>Hondapro Jason posted a 0-60 of only 7.2 seconds (before Honda made him pull the video)
sheeeiit really? my fucking 16 ext does that

>Hondapro Jason posted a 0-60 of only 7.2 seconds (before Honda made him pull the video)
Top lel
A 25 year old camaro can beat that

>replace god-tier K-series with a shit-tier L15 with a turbo
of course it's shit. This does not surprise me in the least
What I find funny about this is the base model Civic coupe/sedan with no options gets a 2.0L K20. and the 1.5L is an optional piece of trash.

>Lets take our best selling enthusiast car, which already uses an up to date engine with great power with great aftermarket support
>and completely ruin it by tossing out the great engine in favor of a Honda Fit engine with a turbo thrown at it.
>Let's ignore the non-existent aftermarket support the L-series engines hahve
>Let's ignore the fact a large portion of people buy these cars to modify
>Let's ignore all of this because we must push the turbo meme.

He spun first and banged off the limiter in second, but it's only got like 13% more power-to-weight than a base turbo. The CVT makes up all the difference anyway.

It seems the Elantra Sport is unironically the better tarted-up econobox, judging by reviews.

>The CVT makes up all the difference anyway.
it's really a pretty good transmission tbhfam. people rag on cvts, and some arguments have merit, but the civic's cvt is pretty decent.
the only problem is it could be faster to respond, and sometimes you have to trick it to really get full throttle

They're using the 1.5L because of some kind of emissions/tax regulations in Europe. They're forcing all manufacturers to downsize their 2 liters to 1.5 liters. They also don't want to step on the Type R's toes so they can max margins on it. The base 2.0L has no relations to the K20 seen in the 8th gen Si. Funnily enough it is way worse than the 1.5L.

Cheap Turbo Econobox tier list, best to worst

Godmachines
>Fiesta ST
>Golf GTI

Decent
>Focus ST
>WRX
>Elantra Sport

Meh
>Abarth 500
>Civic Si
>Mini Cooper S

Nigga Wat the Fuck R U Doin
>Sentra """Nismo"""

>Abarth 500
>meh
>not the most fun you'll ever have in fwd

Don't talk shit m8

It's the best CVT you can buy right now, but it is in no way intended for performance driving. It does match really well with the 1.5L since it can hold boost as it "shifts".

The 2.0L in the base model is still in the K-series engine family and would probably do better with boost than the BS 1.5L

Also, I don't believe the displacement tax bullshit. The coupe and sedan are American market only from what I can find. AMerica has no displacement tax and never will. The Si is coupe and sedan only. so again. WHY?! They could've just used the 2.4L K24 from the Acura ILX, given it the 6 speed manual or the 8 speed DCT (also borrowed from the ILX) and had a decent entry level sport compact

I want one badly

Put on top of Meh tier because meme reliability. Considered bringing it up a tier for fun/sound.

most accurate list on Veeky Forums

>gti
>god tier

maybe in the 90s but not now you fuccboi

Having the same letter in front of its name doesn't place it anywhere near the same performance of the K20 of yesteryear.

Honda also wants to make a global product so it costs less to use the lowest common denominator being the 1.5 liter. They can't afford to develop a new in between engine just for the USA. They also need to meet evolving MPG fleet regulations set in the US. The current K24 actually makes less power than the Si's 1.5L anyway.

Everyone wanted them to detune the 2.0 from the Type R. They make the damn things in Ohio, but they're too scared of stepping on the Type R's toes. As soon as they said the Type R was coming to the US, I knew the next Si was going to be shit.

so remove that shit, FiST is the only god level hot hatch around anyway

>GTI
>Godmachine

>only

>no 6 speed

into the trash

>They can't afford to develop a new in between engine just for the USA.
Ahem. Use the K24 in this.
youtube.com/watch?v=bR22nSy1_14
already exists. 204 HP.

*shatters your spine on drive to the grocery store*

>Cheap

The K24 has been around since the TSX 9th gen Si. The 1.5 is bad, why would they use an even lower performance engine? They're not going to turbo charge it for the same reason they won't use a detuned 2.0 Type R motor. No manufacturer is going to just turbo an engine not designed for it anyway.

>50k
>cheap
yikes bud

>for me, it's the
Hey Veeky Forums

Stop being poor

stop being rich

Its the most fun you'll have at the dealership getting it repaired

That why the new FiST is getting the 1.5 3 banger?

Basically yeah. There's some kind of new tax bracket that's encouraging displacement down to 1.5 liters. It's cheaper to make a global platform, so every manufacturer is building down to the lowest common denominator. It's just like how every car in the US is designed for California gas even though decent gas is every to find everywhere else. So they design cars for Europe, sell them to Muricans, build them in Mexico, and pocket the profits. I can't wait for the next Ford Fusion 1L turbo built in Mexico that starts at only $27k...

love my elantra sport. didn't even hesitate getting it over the civic si.

>kia

Hyundai, get your gook branding right loser.

Why the fuck is it so long?

is this better

Yes.

Waiting to see the new hatch sport come to North America (aka the i30). I like the look of the Elantra Sport sedan, but hatches are more practical.

An EX-T 6 speed with a tune makes more sense on the road DESU...

Also who on Veeky Forums gets their car advice from Consumer Reports? They aren't really what anyone would call "enthusiastic" drivers.

It's a new version of the K24 with the "Earth Dreams" cylinder head. try again with your memery

How tall are you and are you comfy in it?
W/ or W/o recaros

I'm only 5'9, with Recaros and it's very comfy even long road trips aren't that bad

The SI has nearly just as high MPG with infinitely better suspension, seats, LSD, better gearbox with shorter throws, and a bigger turbo. If anything there's not much point to the EX-T now that the Si is so close in price.

without recaros and 5' 9"

I think the seats are pretty comfy

You guys got a lot of extra room?
I'm 6'2" and I'm kinda just barely fitting in my first gen mazda3 looking for something quicker and thought about snatching a FiST

So torsion beam then, in to the trash it goes.

its a pretty small car, I'd suggest going for a test drive to make sure you'll fit

The current Type R doesn't have a torsion beam in the rear, even the base hatch has multilink in the rear.

I think you'll fit but like the other user said take it for a test drive just to make sure you do but anyone behind you better have no legs. But good choice user you won't be disappointed

They are, but they have a bias towards how affordable and enjoyable the car is to live with as an everyday vehicle. It sometimes leads to some weird picks, like the Honda Ridgeline, but even that's understandable because for 99% of truck buyers, that's all they'll ever fucking need.

for the price and the little power it got you expect to be like the GTI where you my not get the fastest or cheapest car but a least you get a nice DD.

Because you won't have to lemon law it

Arent the designs and production all USA now.

>Turbo Honda Fit engine
vs
>High revving v-tech 100hp/l engine

Yea I'll stick with my 2014 Civic Si Coupe , Thanks.

Did you mismatch the Focus and Fiesta?

Focus has 60 more HP and isnt that heavier.

The Koreans are the japs of the 2010s.

Good tastes my dude.

If the FoST were as cheap as the FiST, I would still pick the FiST over it every day of the week just because it's smaller and lighter.

>muh power to weight ratio

Legit don't care.

jesus christ fuck off with that thing id rather drive some shitty honda

fucking fiat really hit the niche of autists and ignorant women that think literal toddler car design is worth spending thousands on haha

>consumer reports

shit agency. they literally got paid off from Apple to """revise""" a review they had done on a Macbook Pro.

>completely reworked gearbox
Literally the same thing with a short shifter

Just gonna leave this here:

>shorter shifter
>shorter throws
>more rigid bracket mounts
>changes to shift linkage and selector mechanism that supposedly make it smoother and more precise feeling

It's almost completely new.

My brother has one. Both handles have fallen off. He has sport mode on 24/7 and speeds everywhere he goes.

Would you guys get this or would you get the 2017 Mazda 3 2.5?

Bro FoST is a good 500 pounds heavier than the FiST

I had to look that up because I couldn't believe it, and you're right. 2720lb FiST 3223lb FoST

Good lord

Also 11.6" longer so basically a foot, and 4" narrower. It blows my mind that people would pay more for the less fun experience.

There is no replacement for displacement

Buy a Corvette

Why does my 10 year old Type S DC5 sound like a better deal in every way?

Because you don't have a $3000 turbo to service at 150k

how did honda fuck up so badly that the 4 door base model is the best looking of the entire range?

Sorry to say the the manual in the turbo sport hatch and 2 door is the SAME clutch and transmission as the base model civic DX manual and it's not a very good one at that. Only the Type R has a new one.

I own an EX-T with a CVT transmission and I don't see why you would bother with a manual which was an after thought in production. Plus with the SI versions you get a negligible more power which does help since the 4 door is the lightest body much faster and better on the highway.

It only has 46.9L tank and with the 10th gen civic manual with the turbo engine it will drink gas faster than you think.

MOST cvts are bad but honda got their shit together for the 10th gen. The engine, transmission, turbo all work on computers and with the electric steering it's drive by wire but not in a bad way. Unlike older civics the econ button doesn't rob you of power only slower to get there and limits revs over 4500 but genuinely saves you gas if that's what you want.

It's honestly a fucking mystery, the other models just look like they're trying a bit too hard

There's minimal difference with the normal turbo 2 door and the 2 door SI. It's the same engine with a software change and tweaks to the LSD computer. Same turbo and everything. Only the Type R has a bigger turbo.

Sigh I guess I'll just keep my s2k then. I really had hoped the new Civic could at least out do a 17 year old car but nope

I prefer mine in blue.
Touring's extra features aren't worth the nearly $5000 extra cost. Which are cheap feeling leather seats heated rear seat, rims, rain sensing wipers, XM sat radio and satnav with shark fin. Both of which are 2 year contracts.
I don't why either. On my EX-T I can just plug in my phone into the dash and use google maps off my screen. 99% of the time i just play music off of bluetooth since android auto disables that.

I have the same little spoiler on the back