/ink/ - Splatoon General

Release date when

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- New character: Murch, who will relocate gear to your liking splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/159041611894/weve-managed-to-learn-the-name-of-the-young-boy
- New map announced, Humpback Pump Track splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/159075301665/introducing-humpback-pump-track-this-new-stage-is
- Rising Moon won the ESLSplatoon twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/848196266223972356

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-streetpass-and-miiverse-wont-be-used-with-nintendo-switch
twitter.com/kake_yon
exhentai.org/g/1046270/7956768762/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Brown ink when

I want to give Annie a hug

Will /ink/ ever recover and come back?

I want to be Marie's fart taste tester

Yes when people can play it again

Friends with Octolings!

we got pretty active during the Testfire. I think when we can all finally play again we'll be active again. until then, we're gonna have to rely on cute art and small tidbits that the Twitter posts.

>Black and chartreuse colors on the Splating with cyan lights.
>Placeholder Miiverse images from the first game throughout Pump Track.
Oh snippy snaps.

does the switch have miiverse?

also does anyone have that giant miiverse spats collage

Don't remind me that miiverse is gonna die

I'm sad

Wonder what kit my boy Octobrush will have now.

Pretty sure Nintendo said Miiverse ain't happening on the Switch. Lemmie see if I can find a source.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-13-streetpass-and-miiverse-wont-be-used-with-nintendo-switch
>Intriguingly, Nintendo told VentureBeat that it wouldn't support the Miiverse social platform the company used with Wii U and 3DS, as it will instead support existing social media platforms with its share button.
Push F to pay your respects if you haven't already

>as it will instead support existing social media platforms with its share button.
That's lame.

I'm not making a facebook or tying my identity to this in any way.

I don't want people to think I'm a pedo.

Going out of your way to show how much you're not a pedophile probably means you're a pedophile

>user, I saw that picture you posted. Why are you playing as a little girl squid thing in a painting game

I put all the cute Splatoon art accounts i find in a private list instead of following for that reason... I still leave likes on the art, though, so I'm not sure how effective that is.

How does a newish player get into this game?

I just recently got a TV to play regularly.

You start off by not being shit. Go play Turf Wars for a bit and get a good feel for the game.

I mean I have been, I played about twice a week on bummed TVs up till now.

I'm at level 30 and B rank, but I want to get into it more.

just play more, man. don't over think it and have fun

Play the game. Git gud. Maybe watch a youtube video or two. Learn the maps. Join a forum or the discord and ask someone to take you under their wing. There's a decent number of ways to approach it. Your only real enemy is daytime in the nips timezone which is night in murrica. Play during those times without friends and fun times are not to follow.

If you wanna get better, just practice in either turf war or ranked -- whichever you feel more comfortable with -- and use the cash from grinding to buy up all the clothing and weapons you can. But remember, your primary objective is practice; if you start doing it just for the cash, you'll start to think of it as a chore.

The next step up would be using Spyke to add slots to equipment and rerolling sub abilities. Attached is a chart that helps with this.

Green arrows indicate a 5x likelihood of rolling subs,
while red arrows point to subs that are only 1/2 as likely to be rolled by equipment of that brand.

Godspeed, squidkid.

Would the squid kids be cold or warm to the touch?

What's this ability going to be? It's lewd

On that note what ability effects do you want added? I want something that refills a portion of ink in your tank whenever you get a kill

warmblooded: put down a false marker of your team's color anywhere on the map to mislead opponents.

Flip flops when?

Someone explain Murch to me because from Gamexplain it sounds to me like you might be able to roll individual slots in a very roundabout way

>spats under skirt

It is well known for a long time, and devs said in an interview that they're looking into making a standalone version of it in Splatoon because graffiti were an integral part of the game's feel.

Sort of.
All Murch can do is remove abilities from slots, returning them to a roll-able condition. However, the removed ability turns into something called an "ability chunk" which, if enough are collected, can directly add said ability to gear with empty slots.

Room temperature.

So basically
>buy more slots (if not 3 star)
>level your gear
>reroll your gear
>wipe your gear if no like
>level it up again
>wipe if no like
>after a number of wipes you'll have enough chunks to choose an ability rather than submit to RNG

Sounds as roundabout as savescumming

Forgot to mention that Murch CAN remove one sub ability at a time, versus Spyke rerolling all 3 at once.

See I'd say its faster than savescumming Spyke's rerolls.

Can't wait to actually play with Octolings in Splatoon 2.

But that's inefficient from grinding standpoint. You need 1,3 and 5k experience for first, second and third slots of a 1-star gear piece, plus 2x and 3x multiplier on 2 and 3-star.

Speaking of which, this guy's manga just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.

who knows, maybe they switched the experience gains to accommodate the new system.

You know what's really inefficient though? Complete rng. As someone who never bothered with savescumming or hacks I think it's a welcome change.

I mean, just reroll it completely unless you either got a trip or a dub and you either like the piece or have a spare ability you can plop there to get a trip (or a desirable result, for example you want a single main saver sub build to flick dynamo after a seeker)

I want to say they're cold blooded, but I doubt they'd have an efficient society if they could regulate their body temperature. I want to say that they're just cold blooded and live in a very warm climate, but the fact that you can buy winter clothing contradicts that theory.

so, they're warm blooded. that means their tentacles are also warm...

I really wished there were:

1) Translations of this

2) More pages

But I can see why he just stopped because drawing each page takes a while and he might've just lost interest in Splatoon. It is a cute love story though

> if they couldn't regulate their body temperature

So /ink/ I played played Splatoon and enjoyed it based on your experience with the Testfire is it worth getting a Switch for at it's launch or should I wait until the first DLC or Splatfest to decide if it's worth getting

So apparently Inkipedia changed their look for today...

>more embarrassed that he's looking at her sucker and not that she has her butt sticking out

Or maybe she was presenting but was disappointed her didn't touch her butt because male squids are gay as fuck

Hope you like my attempt at making a loop of relaxing splatoon music

>Level up gear
>Get the abilities taken off that gear
>Returns that gear to blank slots you can unlock again
>The abilities you took off give you tokens
>Those tokens can be combined together to become a permanent ability on 1 slot of another piece gear

So with enough grinding you can get enough abilities to make the perfect gear. An easy way of doing this would be leveling up brand influence gear and getting tokens for abilities that way.

>>>/board name/[post number]

Winter clothes don't necessarily imply they need it for temperature purposes. After all pants didn't really exist in Splat1 and the inklings are just fashion nuts.

I see a lot of posting about Octolings, but does anyone even actually want to play as them? How the hell would they even fit into the story. They're at war and they hate Inklings

[]

Serves me right for never ever once cross-linked a board

I did back when I was a pleb

for real though

The fact that they can buy and wear winter clothing in summer heat doesn't contradict, but rather confirms the cold-bloodedness theory. For them, they're just slightly more restrictive, they don't have their own warmth to make "warm" clothing warm and overheat, for them it's insulating clothing that prevents them from overheating instead, kinda like bedouin gowns.

Also see: octarian propaganda scroll on how inklings are too lazy to wake up in the morning- back during GTW, octarians already had octoweapons, likely with heaters or at least warm exhaust, and inklings fought with literally bamboo sticks and hibernated at night, physically unable to wake up early in the morning because it's the coldest time of the day.

I'm proud of your efforts user.

whos cuter? woomies or ngyes, and DONT say woomies

Woomies are cuter solo but ngyes/ngyes is infinitely cuter than ngyes/woomy or woomy/woomy

twitter.com/kake_yon
The guy is still on twitter and posts art and retweets splatoon stuff, maybe the comic is just on break/ waiting for more inspiration from splatoon 2

wommer for cute
sgeti for lewd

Fuck off fujo fag

Just the facts

GUREITO DA ZE

Woomies faggot

>he actually believe this
>when callie and marie are both woomies

Fucking hell, when did /ink/ get so many fags?
They're almost if not just as bad as the Octofag.

>incest fag
>yuri fag

Please leave the earth

straight women

back in my day, you were a fag if you didn't like best ship
how times have changed for the worst
and i'm the queen of england

Hypothetically if I was a woman I'd want to /ss/ the ngyes

>best ship

No such thing, shipping is trash and if you do it you're holding back the human race and should end your pitiful existence.

wow user, you really sound like you hate happiness

No I hate fanfic writers

meanie

So are we actually getting Octolings in the game?

How would they justify including them in the game when all Inklings want to go full Jewish Holocaust on them?

Obviously in Splatoon 2 we do go full Jewish Holocaust on them.

Yes we are.

>there was a time where callie/marie was best ship

fucking when you big bluffing ass squib

I want to violently shake an octoling

Splatoon Musuo when?

Not soon enough

I meant in terms are we going to actually play as Octolings

Please don't ruin Splatoon by crossing it with that garbage genre.

No

>played comp
>get up to B-
>japs come on
>C rank
Wow

goes to show ya, only play during the day.

Monsters come out at night.

live

goodnight callie
i love you

>i'll never be the focus of callieposter's affection

I don't get it, why do people hate Octolings? They're literally fighting for survival from asshole Inklings who won't share their energy

I want to bully an Octoling!

i want Octavio to bully me!

Look who made another Splatoon doujin.

exhentai.org/g/1046270/7956768762/

Is there any other art of Octolings in their octopus form being bullied?

When Spla2n coming out? The testfire was ages ago. Where's the full game already? WTF is Nintendo doing?

Mainly because of spammers in the general.