/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Ded Gaem General

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online Multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
An upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Delayed.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/135508833661746793

>Hooked Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Chuckles-Trapper-Mask-Fallensteller-Maske-Rare-Item-Dead-By-Daylight-/112355538851?hash=item1a28e977a3:g:uSUAAOSwuLZY3~Sr
youtu.be/kXSW7uHHVgQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SHIT
H
I
T
GAME
A
M
E

DEAD
E
A
D
GAME
A
M
E

Can't post and play at the same time

>another prematurely hooked thread
Worst April Fool's Joke yet.

Just tab out during the loading screen user!

Don't leave us hanging.

How many people actually use the Discord? Is it even worth popping in?

This was apparently shown on 75hrs' stream. Surely this is a deliberate ruse?

>get hooked in the basement
>killer downs someone
>get saved by a claude
>killer in the stairwell with a body
>run up and back to bait a swing so i can run past
>the claude who thought i was going to soak a git for him at full health steams forward and gets hit
>both run past
>claude running past me dropping pallets and when the killer comes keeps pointing at me
>gets killed and I hatch out
> "nice sandbag claude"
>"you sandbagged me first and made me get hit!"
Claude mains.
what day is today?

Oi faggots wake up! BXBK6 HGRPP 4G3GP

>duplicate
People letting threads die but grab keys instantly. t.t
Does anyone have a Bloodstained Sack key still? I'm locked out of the market for two weeks for some reason and those outifts look cool.

Rocky start to the first game of the day, but it all was smooth sailin after that thanks to him camping his one and only hook (and only two hits)
Baffling.
And when I told him to focus on gens more because we failed two skillchecks on the last gen while he "patrolled" the hook he didn't even so much as look at us, he just says "last gen, there was no hope"

Only because you had none to begin with man.

Can you just buy keys or do you need to be someone's friend to gift things on steam?

how do i git gud with flashlights? you have to keep them aimed at the face for a certain amount of time, right?

If you aim around the chin (the killer's camera is actually around the neck area, but you still gotta aim towards the face) you should build up "blind" effect pretty quick, but yes the general can be thought of like filling a progress bar. Shine the light directly to apply "blind" at a fixed rate that is changed by what type of flashlight and add-ons you use. If the killer turns away before you fill this "progress bar" it will immediately start to empty, but not as fast as you apply the light, so you CAN keep at it and eventually blind them, but it's fairly difficult. Multiple flashlights will also blind the killer faster than one. Also you can chain blinds, that is say you fully blind someone, they will slowly go back to normal vision, but you can tap the light on them again to cap the blind again, but with how the flashlight aims at the start of the actual use of it, it's a bit hard.

You're better off just blinding them towards the end of picking someone up, do it too early and you'll blind them but they won't drop them.

alright thanks, that's how i kinda figured it worked. so you don't have to directly shine it in their face, but you can't blind them in the back of their head can you? It seems like the best time to flash is when their mid-animation or something, never seems to work mid-chase

Hm, I don't actually know if you get a code if you buy it.
But I didn't mean someone actually spends money for me. Just if someone has a code still. Wherever those come from.

Nope, full frontal flashing is the only way.

That's the thing, I've got one in my steam inventory because I'm an idiot, but wasn't sure if I could turn it into a code or something and didn't really try until now, been looking and it doesn't seem like I can.

was supposed to have this as a reply
Like I said I'm an idiot lol

Doubt it. Dbd keys usually come from promo actions, advertising. And i haven't heard about those for a while.
You either buy DLC from steam, and send it as a steam gift, or you get DLC somewhere else, usually a code.

the only joke here is the amount of people that still run crutch perks and think they're good

Come on every body, lets make this interesting. ebay.com/itm/Chuckles-Trapper-Mask-Fallensteller-Maske-Rare-Item-Dead-By-Daylight-/112355538851?hash=item1a28e977a3:g:uSUAAOSwuLZY3~Sr

>cant escape superaudrey no matter what I do.
I run into her a bullshit amount of times.
[spoilers]and we played against a hag[/spoilers]

It was a sick prank, bruh

This game is dumb.

t-rex hag confirmed

>P3 hag
which one of 4 in the world was it?

Some dude named Fox. Probably a huge fag if I had to guess.

foxy is a fucking cunt so glad I'm anonymous here because he'll never know who this is

ur a gimp lad

Hi vegr

delete this

Did you know there's a vault bug as killer that sends you flying out of the map and resets you back where you spawned at the beginning of the match? You can also use it to jump behind the exit gate, onto trees and rooftops and so on.

So back to that Chinese killer theory. What do you guys think his ability would be? That user in the last thread pointed out he might be using a sort of Chinese torture baton, so he might be a prison warden.

probably going to be extremely boring.

goodnight's chain would have been at least interesting

He buys real-estate in other countries, jacking up the housing market.

youtu.be/kXSW7uHHVgQ

We all make mistakes.

Sometimes I regret going into the basement...fuckin 94 bold points...

Dwight gets hooked in the basement, unhooks himself after Myers goes upstairs, obviously gets put back on a hook. Myers begins checking lockers because they thought someone unhooked them instead of them getting "muh 5%"

"Shit camping killer (didn't camp) respect the 5%!"

Boy am I laughin.

aw fuck, the killer was a streamer, I went and looked at our game.

She read my lines and said "What? I don't even know what this guy's talking about."

What's to not understand there? That and she had to tell her chat of course she wouldn't have killed him if she knew he got the 5%.

Why do people support idiotic behavior?

is it possible to get drophacked in this?
just had two games, one as survivor and one as killer where a survivor dc'd then the match ended
and both times it said the host disconnected, even when i was host

sure it wasn't your connection?

positive, i even asked one of the other survivors when it happened

Cool

Fuck the 5% and fuck anyone who believes that meme shit.

A killer so good they almost killed the thread.

New perk: Dark hours

Every day from 18:00 EST to 8:00 EST the thread falls 8/9/10 pages

Unhook, good night

Thread's terror radius is reduced by 80%/90%/archived for 28,800 seconds

Is BNP really that upsetting to some people?

to this person at least, yes. But this is the only time I've had something like this happen

Hmm, I've seen players get tunnelvisioned by killers because of BNP. I remember one game a killer facecamped us all because one dude had used BNP.

That was probably me

I remember toolboxes in lobbies and if there's a BNP and someone suddenly doesn't have a toolbox you know I'm gonna down pip to make sure they die

I'll kill them then leave

Why though, user?

They wanted a fast game so I'm giving them it

vroom vroom

chainsawsprint to page 1

gianna survivor

I think F13 will be out by the end of the month. They're not even taking backerkit pre-orders anymore and are moving to Steam/PS4/Bone pre-orders.

They need to get their meme certificate for consoles first

After they announce that it's 30 days until release

How good is UE? Like noticeably helpful?

It is very noticable. Lets you skirt around low things in some circumstances and also doubles as a decent "Calm Spirit" since birds don't get spooked while you're crouched.

It's fantastic.

It's as simple as that ladies and gentleman.

(I am not having any noteworthy stuff happen tonight help me)

good thread

please unhook it

Fuck the swamp, it's such a survivor crutch map. Fuck it and it's shit. They should have to fix 6 gens for a map that size.

i love that map even on killer. really makes me test my skills.

How is that fun for you AT ALL? They've got so much wiggle room that if you don't camp you;ll end up with no sacs.

>having fun all day hadn't seen 1 trapper
>finally play against 1
>sucks all the fun out of my soul as he try hards as fuck and multi traps each hook and prioxies each sac and im forced to hatch out.
remove this killer.
some people like being challenged.

Survivors are OP anyway, so being a killer above rank 10 IS a challenge.

that a fallacy that you all need to stop perpetuating

The devs admitted it on stream. While I appreciate your optimism and willingness to take on a challenge, you're objectively in the wrong here.

The devs also claim that only a small % of players use self care.

Devs lie man.

When did they admit this?

they didnt.

Man, this general really does struggle at night, holy fug.

ya this game really needs a new patch

They received a question on stream right after the L4D patch asking if survivors have reached a pinnacle of their power, to which the devs replied yes. They followed up by saying the survivors are in a "really REALLY good place right now" and implied new factors such as the possible exhaustion system or the new killer might change that. While you can say that they didn't exactly say the survivors are OP, the implication that they are in a safer position then they should be was definitely there.

>implying theyd ever imply survivor are too powerful and in anyway risk alienating their bread and butter
ill take a 3 day vacation for a comment that dumb

Stream 41, q&a section at the end.

>no 2V8 ever.

Fuck this gay earth

her belly has just the right amount of softness.
god damn

i mean, itd be fun, but the devs cant even balance 1v4.

and stop drawing your wedding you fag

I should just let this thread be at peace

I'm enjoying this new booby poster

>wedding

What did he mean by this?

you can make out a wedding sketch faded on that drawing's page

don't go invisible on me

Don't worry, nobody plays the invisible bong.

Remember, frogs hate you all

that's not a wedding, its just braids.

>Bloodweb is furiously trying to stop me from getting Ace in the Hole and Up the Ante upgraded on Ace

I'm level 50 on Ace and still have both of those perks only at level 1.

I'm convinced I will get literally every other perk choice before the bloodweb permits me to get those 2 perks up.

I barely even have any teachables, literally just Bond and Iron Will, since I main killer

This is bullshit

Okay, got a sensible chuckle out of me.

So Dbd esports.
What will it be like, will we see Kaz rated "Best DbD player #1" ?
How will it work?

Sauce?

It would be filled with underage children, every single person would boo or trash talk the killers, and the survivors would all be swf groups that'll finish the game in 2-3 minutes.
Kaz wouldn't make it because he doesn't use easymode perks like everyone else.

The question is what the tournament structure would be like.

Survivor teams (no voice chat) versus pre-determined Killers? The Killers are picked out of a pool of players from an online league that is hosted for the tournament. The most succesful Killers in the tourney obviously win something as well.

Next question would be what a successful Killer/Survivor team is. Most points or most kills/most survivals?

I hate Whispers.

[HATRED INTENSIFIES]