Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Tomb of Friends demo: pep.itch.io/tomb-of-friends-demo

The Long Road demo:
gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740

/rpgmg/ Discord:
discord.gg/CPvWzJK
Chain Game: Chapter 1
dropbox.com/s/p7ljbsji7tqgdxa/CollabProj.zip?dl=0
Chapter 2 in progress | BSTAnon

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0dnOwICH5nH
youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw
youtu.be/1uvIhzOGYHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

shamelessly reposting my gridless movement script

If shameless reposting is needed to keep the thread alive, so it shall be.

Currently working on direction-specific tiles.

Needs diagonal movement sprites.

bump

Keep this thread bumoped. I have a surprise

What are you working on, anons?

I'm making a pre-boss cutscene right now.

Trying to come up with a bullshit plot twist that doesn't seem blatantly bullshit.

Happy April Fool's! Here's a special podcast outtake. For your consideration: The PencilCast

vocaroo.com/i/s0dnOwICH5nH

>Rock, Papers, Scissors
>I won

Bump

I got the dragon-ox monster i was talking about yesterday done.

That's a cool Digimon

Show me your MC

So I'm making a game where your character's class and traits (good and bad) are determined via a lifepath, ala The Burning Wheel rpg.

Do you think this is too much?

I'm not familiar with that, how does it work exactly?
Also what would these traits do? Can the player get really bad ones?

This is the original from 13 years ago which i honestly prefer over the updated one that i did. But still. I'm gonna go search for other old material to upgrade for my game.

Well I think what I want to do is to give the player a choice of a base starting class. The player then has the option to promote to an advanced class during character creation but at the risk of receiving a negative trait.

For example, a squire could promote to a knight at the start but he receives the maimed trait, presumably from fighting in a battle.

April Fools

What are you listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=50LShhlkTfw

~Coming Soon~

Man this place is so dead.

I'm afraid to ask what kind of game you are making

Nice.

Is that shit like mode 7 or are you pulling my leg?

>Have the most important parts planned out for my lewd game
>Only need to get good at art
One day Anons, one day

So are we talking about vaginas, or...?

Assholes you idiot

dead

Announcing RPG MAKER MV 1IJ

1IJ is abbreviated for One-Eyed Jack, but since it's visual similar to 1リ, they're pronouncing it one-ri or "ornery"

In bizarre Japanese fashion, it continues the card naming scheme that started with VX "ACE"
This new edition fills in the gaps of the previous edition's RTP, extending the resource library with more Side-View content (hence the name "One-Eye Jack")

With the release of the PencilCast, the crew and I have determined we have done all we can do with RPG Maker. We hope you support us as we transition the channel and our focus into Let's Plays of popular games for sweet YouTube bux.

youtu.be/1uvIhzOGYHM

Bloody Hell this was amazing old chap
*sips tea*
God shave the queen

Making backstories for my main characters and villain, anyone want to let me bounce ideas off of them? It's for a very short, 3 area game.

Nice try

The Battle Animations Tab has new options accessible through the context menu.
>Camera Movement
>Battler Tracking.
>Pattern (Particle?) Effects
Making it easier to tween a Fireball from a casting position to variable position.

Of course a discount is available through for users who have bought the current version of MV. Although, this might not make it to the English version, since they're dropping their previous distributor, Degeca, due to a number of complaints.

I wish.

Bump

What can we do to stop it?

I don't know man but I feel like the board quality has gone down lately. Some of the recent threads have gone something like this:

>somebody posts progress, screenshots or a demo
>no replies, somebody has to bump the thread

>somebody mention trans people or lolicons or depression or gender inequality or asks what the best fetishes are
>20 replies

How do you feel about some party members having considerably simpler stories than others?

Say, there is a party of four. Three of the characters have family members, arch enemies, childhood flashbacks that explain their personalities, character arcs, origins that relate to the unique aspects of the setting, while the other character is just... there.

Is there a reason why he has a much simpler story?

Depends on the game. If you have a lot of characters it's expected that the main characters will take center stage while other characters won't be as fleshed out.

And if those characters with extensive backstories are ham-handed and annoying mary sues then a lot of the time I find my favorite characters is "random guy who doesn't say anything, and therefore doesn't say anything cringey".

Like in pretty much every JRPG ever.

>You're only allowed to have your head up your butt or squeeze in to someone else's.
By all rights, we should be hitting the bump limit every day. [/sarcasm]

what

simpler stories, sure, but do they interact a lot with the story? Do they care about the events that happen, or are they just fleshbag#4 used to fill out combat roles?

A character who spends more time interacting within the story is more interesting than someone who spent all that time doing it outside the story.

bump

If this is real I'd straight up piss myself.

It is. He's been posting his progress for a few threads now.

Please do, user! Help keep the thread alive.

Should labyrinths have some treasure at the end of long detours?

Not every time but sometimes, yes.

Aren't there pixel movement scripts?

I'm bored.

DashBored

Is the game actually good?

For it's price - yeah, it is. A little too easy and buggy at places, but it has nice puzzles, music and atmosphere. I had fun playing it. I'm still waiting for more updates before doing another playthrough, though.

STAY ALIVE

What's the status on the collab?

Good night bump

bu

Oh, it is real alright.

I'm still stuck on direction-specific tiles (for things such as sloped roofs). And again, note that these are most likely not final graphics, just some I already had from previous project attempts.

bump

I got tired of being a nodev so I decided to make an RTP-only game just to make it easier for the sake of actually finishing something.

Have any of you made RTP-only games of any significant length? Were you able to get anyone to play them?

There are lewd games made with RTP and shitty CGI posers making up to 2000 dollars per month in Patreon.

Is there a Yanfly plugin for MV that will show that a monster is weak to an element if the player damages it with that element?

Paging BSTAnon

I want to avoid player grinding by locking level up behind bosses.
You can't level up against normal mob.

Is this a good idea?

why shouldn't i run from every battle?

I decided to make an FFL-style overworld sprite since I have zero experience in doing spritework. How bad did I fuck up and how rusty should my seppuku blade be?

Character is meant to be wearing a robe and a cape.

Loot. Money come from loot.
Equipments give nice boost for battle.

I also want to implement cooking to permanently increase stats.
But only for food your character haven't eaten.

>"I need 10,000 gold for a fire-elemental sword to kill the Ice Fiend since nobody knows fire magic."
>9 gold in Hello Kitty™ purse

>Running? What is this superstitious nonsense> Escaping monsters requires this expensive item!

>Running increases odds of ambush

>Running is a spell that has a very slow speed, meaning the enemies get free hits on you.

Looks fine from the front and back, but the side view needs its head repositioned. Nigga looks like he's comin' for that booty

only if the enemies give you something that is valuable other than experience that make the fights up to the boss easier.

Except against bosses, running is 100% guaranteed success.

Yeah, enemy drop loot for item crafting and cooking for permanent stat boost Monsters has high drop rate so you don't need to grind that much as well.
Some item are "steal only" as well.

desu this sounds like fun

So more like this?

Lookin' good!

>avoid grinding by locking levels
>enemies drop loot to craft items and cook for better items and stat boosts
>And some items are steal only

so it is entirely combat and grinding focused? Running away doesn't benefit you at all and you have to grind to get the equipment needed to beat the bosses.

If the Iron Sword can only be equipped by one person, and the materials are only dropped by commonly-found Big-Dicked Orcs, it doesn't matter if you have one or one thousand iron swords, you can't equip all of them.

Ohhh so I have to grind in a specific place for one specific weapon for one character? This isn't getting better...

I would like to play this really horrible game you're making up in your head.

don't shit on the guy, man. go work on your own game instead if you have that much energy

Made a few tweaks to have the cape be more consistent around the neck

Honestly I like the most.

What site did you blow in from, faggot?

Rather than level-locking player, make a bonus item if player defeat boss underlevelled.
Kinda like Brave Level from Nocturne: Rebirth

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but someone will probably say something similar when playing your game. Of course I have no context of the story, the setting, the characters, or anything else.

Also relax. If you can't handle any type of criticism, don't release your game because there will always be people who will say bad things about your game. Even the best games have critics. So calm your tits, man. Or do I have to limit my free speech to save the ever important feels?

It's fine. I appreciate the criticism.
Now that think about it. It force player to grind.
Maybe I'll take this suggestion instead.

You can criticize without strawmanning and making up scenarios that might not even happen you know.

Level locking is fine, level grinding is what makes RPGs so monotonous and/or trivial (yeah, we know "don't grind then :^)").

But with what you described you might as well remove levels altogether and have equipment/food be the main source of progression. Just have bosses drop an item that'll increase your stats by enough to give you a 'jump' in power.

No sense having levels if EXP doesn't exist.

>oh no he said something negative about a scenario that might not be true
What's the problem here? If it's not true, the OP can disregard the post. If it is true, or has the possibility of being true, the OP can take it into consideration in order to improve his game.

Well I'm glad you saw what I was getting at. I was only pushing so hard since you said you didn't want the grind but it seemed like it would be like that through the mechanics. I'm not against crafting or anything like that, just trying to help.

I think what he was trying to describe was anti-grind, though.

If fighting mobs only gives you materials for a certain weapon, once you get that weapon fighting them won't benefit you anymore. In a normal RPG you can keep grinding indefinitely for EXP until you can just brute force the next boss.

How to make poison state that damage 20% HP / turn on normal enemies and 4% HP/ turn on boss?

Make Poison skills inflict 2 states at once. Say, "Mook Poison" and "Boss Poison".

Make Mook Poison deal 16% per turn, and Boss Poison deal 4% per turn. Make bosses immune to Mook Poison.

Nice. Thank you user.
I'm calling it Venom for 16% and Poison for 4%

This first one is the best. The neck bob is the FFL style to a T and the cape has the best shading.

Any anons out there in need of an artist? For tiles, character busts, logos, etc. Hoping to build a portfolio up most of all, so prices would be inexpensive + negotiable desu