Minecraft General - /mcg/ - metro station edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ikda3eQDuI
dropbox.com/s/c1xr6gywweib7lg/ts2-v1-8.zip?dl=1
discord.gg/KTZg3
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/autism-acceptance-mod
dev.bukkit.org/projects/monster-apocalypse),
dev.bukkit.org/projects/attack-titan),
bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

darn I was too slow.

reminder that BC is now available on meme versions

Steam effects? How?

Yes, it is now available for 1.7.10!

hurraaaayy!

Railcraft steam trap, I set a manual one with a player detector. Be careful tho as the steam does damage.

Is there any mod that adds cameras other than SecurityCraft?

Bonus for ability to make a big startrek-like screen

Sadly I think securitycraft is the only mod. The cameras are great but the mod is filled with so many useless shit.

I don't like the way securitycraft implements cameras very much. also is there any way to have just the cameras and remove the bloat?

>they didn't even bother making a Joke Version this year
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ikda3eQDuI

DefenseTech MIGHT add some things

Only monitors and radars.
>big startrek-like screen
Check in Warpdrive or Matter overdrive if theres something like that or Galacticraft Display screen which is a multiblock screen that displays several planets or a linked rocket.

Nah I'm using Warpdrive and Matter Overdrive and there's nothing like that. Problem I'm having is my ship doesn't really have any good lookout points. Even in the bridge you have little visibility, so I was thinking of putting cameras in various points along the ship, but securitycraft cameras are buggy and I don't want the rest of what comes with the mod.

Whats the bug with the cameras?

it needs another mod as prerequisite for the cameras to work but having this mod fucks with securitycraft itself
you can't set more than 1 camera to a single monitor for example and there's other stuff that sometimes stops working randomly

Yeah Looking glass is really shitty, I think the only thing you can do is to remodel the ship so that it has more visibility, also post ship.

yeah but I would have to trade integrity for visibility

ship is "ancient jedi ship" or something like that. got it from planet minecraft
know any other site that's good for schematics?

warpdrive has cameras, but not ones that display in-world

>not in the trainserb discord
>missed the link last thread
SHIT

if you need pack dl here:
>dropbox.com/s/c1xr6gywweib7lg/ts2-v1-8.zip?dl=1

discord.gg/KTZg3
here.
Why the fuck did retards have to fuck with the pad?

I think that's missing the small patch for something.

>optifine crashes the modpack

p-pls help

that small patch was only needed if you had dl'd 1.8 before i revised it. the 1.8 DL matches the serb now

what's a fun challenge map pack?

I get burnt out doing my own pack because i dont set goals foor myself

I'm sorry user. You have to remove optifine.

what causes it to crash?

Thanks m80s

RIP in peace the pad, it was a good one

kappa mode ozone 2
100% the quest book

Does the pack have Fastcraft 1.23? You need 1.24 for the newest Optifine.

yeah I liked the pad. I'll eventually post links to my trainserb discord when i get working on ts3 so i can have rolling changelogs for folks again and a shitposting section.

if its an Already Tesselating! error it could be anything, like Optifine's code changes not playing nice with a mod or a mod having shitty render code which makes Mineycrafty's already bad render code shit the bed.
or its and you need to update Fastcraft. try updooting fastcraft first if you have it then see what happens.

also post logs via paste/haste/nullbin if/when you encounter a crash

>Steam from steam traps can go through solid blocks

Is the Industrial Coke Oven only present in recent versions? Fuck.

Isn't the industrial coke oven immersive integration rather than default engineering?

You're right, I'm retarded.

>havent played in a while
>try to get a premade modpack
>all this curse client bullshit

what the fuck? when did they make shit so tedious just to fucking mod?

>curse client

what?

Just make your own you lazy faggot.

And yes, curse(tm) owned by twitch(tm) owned by amazon(tm) is fucking cancer.
Don't use their launcher and just get multimc.

That's what im doing
but now there's all these hoops to jump through just to avoid their client

Not really.
You're forced to go through curseforge to download shit, rather than the forums, but other than that it's the exact same as it used to be.

The forums were actually an improvement from the forums but yeah the client is cancer

Replace forums with curse

Theres not a subway in my city so I dont really know how to make one but I hope Im getting it right

>aesthetic instead of functional builds

>functional
>that maintenance nightmare

you're the kind of fucker that only builds dirt hovels aren't you

>maintenance
>in automation
maybe you gotta work on your game

clayium or gregtech?
or both?

What does it make?

Like what actual real product. Not digital legos.

Oh? Nothing? It makes nothing real or tangible? Well then...

>Aesthetics - 1
>Functional - 0

>Like what actual real product.
what kind of mental gymnastics...

>BRRRRRRRRRRRT intensifies

Ok, time to pack up, boys.
Aside from the machines that still need polish, Techguns feels like a superior combination of Flan's Guns and Chocolate Quest (military bases with specific objectives and alien bug nests). It only needs a military-themed way to produce RF.
(Looting diesel tanks to power generators, maybe?)

Zombie Awareness really makes this mod come alive. Imagine going ham with a Combat Shotgun while fending off a horde. Techguns also adds dismemberment depending on weapons used, so no need to install iChun's Mob Dismemberment mod.

I think he's saying that at least with aesthetic builds you're left with something that looks nice while you're left with a bunch of items you can't use so bragging about it is stupid.

But the jokes on both of you. Neither of you are doing anything meaningful.

Zombie Awareness makes any modpack come alive.

WHY. HELICOPTERS SUCK TO FIGHT.

ALWAYS. EVERYDAY.

>Looting diesel tanks to power generators
Holy shit user thats great, why not ask the mod creator to change the lava tanks in the military bases so they are filled with diesel?

No idea how to contact him, and it would be really silly to make an account just for that.

Now for our feature presentation, this amazing modpack.

April Fools.

You can contact him on MCForum.

what's a good gun mod?
feel like playin again, me n friends like to turn the game into ace of spades

TECHGUNS
E
C
H
G
U
N
S

Im trying to make a traditional weebland village with some cyberpunk/tech vibes. What are some tech related things I could implement so that both themes blend together?

I just wish Vazkii someone ported Quark to 1.7.10

>alien bug nests
wait what what WHAT?

bump

>finally find a paint mod that lets me paint individual sides of a block instead of all 6 sides
>colors reset when changing dimensions/loading chunks
for fucks sake

Cybernetics controlled by smartphones

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/autism-acceptance-mod
>

>Chewable necklaces make effects (potions/fire) go away twice as fast.
???
does he mean twice as slow? why would you want to cut your potion effect time in half? only use I can see is fire or poison

Is there a mod that can properly copy and paste a selected area? I tried WorldEdit, Schematica, Builder's helper -- none of those paste blocks from Project Red (or Red Power) at all.
Preferably something with a nice interface like in Schematica.

been away for a while, whats new and is the win 10 version actually good yet?

mcedit?

>win 10
no
>Whats new
How long have you been out? Cause since this year Techguns and Trainserb only, I guess. Oh, and 1.10.2 is still there as the meme version.

since microshit let people opt into the free win 10 upgrade

If there are no in-game options, I'll go with MCEdit. But I would really like to have edit tools in-game.

When was that?

about two years ago i think

I wasnt here two years ago but from what I know
>FTB is now owned by Curse so more jews involved
>Technic is dead
>Alternative projects are dead
>FTB has been trying to kill 1.7.10 for months and it worked for most
>Traincraft and Techguns in 1.7.10
>Drama
>Shit
>Ded

>Curse is now owned by Twitch
>Twitch is now owned by Amazon
>Jeff Bezos owns a Minecraft modpack group

Also, ATLauncher is still trying to remain relevant.

Is there some kind of backpack/bag mod that isn't MAWPC bullshit?

I want a way to increase inventory space but not infinitely.

>dude lets just let you carry 20 40-slot backpacks possibly containing more backpacks lmao

Alright, so Techguns adds another generated structure to the game, and those are Alien Bug Nests. Pic related is what it looks like inside one. On the surface, take note of Hardened Sand blocks with a hole in the middle. (I assume that these nests mostly show up on desets.) The slimy "vine" will be your way in.

Compared to Military Bases, Bug Nests are much easier, provided that you have ample ammo. Alien Bugs behave like Spiders, and usually show up from Bug Holes, their version of a mob spawner.

Well fuck, I forgot the image.

Just don't nest backpacks you autistic fuck

can someone hook me up with mods that make minecraft look and sound amazing? like sky changes, and random ambient noises?

Go for Dynamic Surroundings for the ambience.
Skybox changes can only be done using Optifine, if I remember correctly.

Hey guys, I'm hosting a server for my little brother and his friends. They mostly play with Monster Apocalypse as the main plugin (dev.bukkit.org/projects/monster-apocalypse), but lately they became interest in Attack on Titan.
Yesterday I installed Attack on Titan lite (dev.bukkit.org/projects/attack-titan), which makes giants spawn that can only be killed by slicing their neck and adds a kind of grappling hook to the right click of the sword. Alone it works perfectly fine, but loading MA after it disables the titan spawning (and I'm guessing if I could spawn them they'd not have custom AI) and loading MA before AoT disables MA completely.

Basically the fun for them when playing with MA is building a fortress by day and defending it by night or alternatively building a giant fortress in creative mode and defending it for as long as possible.
The core feature of MA is that zombies are able to break walls, so just building a mud hut and waiting for the night won't do. Sadly the Titans from AoT can't break walls at all, so they'd be perfectly safe if they build a big wall (or a mud hut), which would of course be boring.

My ideal solution to this would obviously be to somehow get MA and AoT to work along side each other, but I realize that this might be hard.

So my question: Is there any way to actually make these two plugins compatible or is there an alternative for MA that would make camping in the fortress impossible/a problem?

Neat.

the real question is whether or not i actually wind up finishing this.

What is the Forge API like that modders use to put inventories on items (like bags)?

Does anyone know how this is implemented?

Nowadays, it's usually an item handler capability being attached to the item, but otherwise, modders would just add the inventory to the item via NBT and some GUI work.

techguns keeps getting better and better.
sadly these don't spread yet?

when placing logs, angle is important.
guess that shows on carpenter's too

Thanks.

Maybe not. Would be great if there are bigger nests that have a broodmother boss mob.

Another thing: the nests have egg blocks (the small XP berry-like spot on the way back) that don't do anything. Would be nice if it somehow adds a risk to exploring these nests.

Anyone?
I'm fine with literature to learn how to do it myself.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT TNT CANNONS WERE AN UNINTENDED FEATURE AND HAVE THUS BEEN FIXED

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"