V6 Muscle Cars

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on V6 "muscle" cars, I honestly think it doesn't live up to the classic muscle car tradition and or standard. But recently I've been considering buying a newer 5th-6th gen V6 Camaro over an older 5th gen SS with a V8, since they are cheaper, and are basically the same car minus the engine and horsepower.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mSVH46L9Hag
youtu.be/Rnr-hiQhhec
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The previous camaro rode on a shortened chassis borrowed from the Malibu. The current one rides on a 3 series beating Cadillac platform. The v6 is fast in the new car.

You'll get trashed forever for not buying the V8, even though the V6 is still plenty quick. Just don't ever, EVER put an exhaust on it.

>The previous camaro rode on a shortened chassis borrowed from the Malibu.
Malibu was FWD retard. It was a shortened Holden Commodore chassis.

Anyways, The V6 Camaro is fast and very acceptable if you get it with the 1LE package.

First off, they aren't "muscle cars" they aren't even Pony cars at that point. the V6 Camaro is a sports car and should be thought of as a completely different car than the V8 Camaro.

it weighs as much as an M2 and is no less of a sports car than a M2. don't think of the V6 Camaro as a "cucked" version of the V8 car. think of it as a different car that wears the same skin. i don't think anyone would even have a problem with V6s in these cars if they didn't look like their V8 counterparts giving the purist the impression that you are a poser.

I wasn't planning to. I despise people who put loud aftermarket exhausts on cars with tiny engines.

Fuck you, I want muh v6 to sound like a GTR

youtube.com/watch?v=mSVH46L9Hag

Here ya go. V6 Camaro that sounds exotic

Also this
youtu.be/Rnr-hiQhhec

Camaro is still better IMHO.

Still sounds like a V6, not an exotic :|

I can understand a V6 in the Camaro, but the 4 cylinder should be illegal.

It's more powerful than a lot of other cars for the price but you'll always compare it to the v8 and feel bad

The sound of a GTR is exotic?

>4 cylinder should be illegal.
youtube.com/watch?v=oM9uqtgRLD0

V6 """muscle cars""" have always been made for women that want a muscle car. Mustang started the trend.

They aren't muscle cars, doesn't mean they can't be good sports cars.

A V6 1LE is a good sports car

I think, like all things, as long as you know what you have you'll be fine.

If you're not interested in waking up the neighborhood, racing/going to the strip and just want a fun car to drive around and not be stupid in, I think a Camaro V6 isn't a bad idea, especially with the RS package.

As others have said, the 1LE also makes it a competent handling vehicle you can have fun in, too. I'm a little more iffy about the Mustang V6 (although the 3.5 was a HUGE improvement over the Cologne 4.0 boat anchor), and while the Pentastar 3.6 isn't a bad engine, it's got the least amount of power and the most amount of weight. Bad enough that they made it AWD to try to hit a niche Chevy and Ford weren't going after.

garbage
that said im considering an ecoboost mustang as my next car. there arent many options in america for a FR turbo platform thats affordable.

modern v6 muscle/pony cars are in a great place atm, they get decent mileage, still have great looks, and are pretty cheap

I saw a rhino lined AWD Challenger in my neighborhood yesterday. I dunno about the rhino lining but a v6 AWD challenger sounds really damn good right now

There's no point of driving a muscle car with a v6. That's like ordering a Big Mac with only one meat patty instead of two.

Not a muscle car. The only thing that is even remotely a muscle car in the modern day is a hellcat challenger that's it. Everything else such as mustang and camaros are American sports coupes like a 370z or a Bmw 335i or something along those lines. Muscle died in the 90's.

Yes, i would own the fuck out of a V6 camaro, 335hp, lightest chassis out of all the pony/sports cars and it sounds nice and looks nicer.

>muscle died in the 90's

Muscle died in the 1973 and didn't come back until this decade. 90's muscle cars didn't even have a measily 250hp.

is the ZL1 a Muscle car? its weigh to heavy to be a sport anything.

To me a muscle car is just a big ass car with a big ass engine. It can't turn all that great and its track performance is pretty bland, but it does well in drag racing. The zl1 is a track car imo, it also lacks the aggressive look of a muscle car. I really think the only actual muscle car left is the Hellcat Challenger.

Despite its weight, I think the AWD Challenger is a good muscle car, well for a v6.

The current camaro should become the Monte Carlo or some shit and the camaro become a small car where even a NA ecotec is good enough same thing with the mustang.

This may seem like a dumbass idea, as I don't know much about the inner workings of cars, but would it make more sense to buy a used V6 "muscle" car, and then just swap in a V8 for another $8000 and have the same power as the standard V8 muscle car but save a lot more money?

but cost less then half of M2.

>90's muscle cars didn't even have a measily 250hp.

If you can make the same power at a significant weight savings, sure, I'll be OK with fewer cylinders.

But if it's just a lower trim level so poors can into a car that looks muscle, then gtfo.

I dont get how Veeky Forums still consideres V6 american sports coupes gay since they have almost 100 more HP then V8's from 15 years ago and get great gas milage and have good styling. There are no such thing as muscle cars anymore besides the hellcat and demon gimmicks FCA puts out.

And they are lighter so they are faster round a track than V8s anyway, see the meta where the 15' mustang gt is slower by a second to a '16 V6 1le camaro

>engine swap
That may have been cool back in the day, but now it's just nigger rigging