What did you do today Veeky Forums?

I hit a kerb or something when parking a while back and it was fucking me off so decided to bite the bullet and have a go at paint work, what did you do to your car recently Veeky Forums? repair or customisation.

Fixed up.

Looks better

Post the how-to

>SVT Focus

So long shot.

Trying to figure out an issue with my IMRC/DSI system.

If there's another owner here how hard is it to turn the DSI lever by hand? Mine doesn't want to turn very easily and I'm wondering if it's overloading the IMRC motor.

Finished up my tool box/utility box that I now have in the back of my truck

Warning; stupidly large image

I just stole 4 bottles of tequila from a liquor store today. AMA.

Drove standard for the first time.

Cool, but you could have made it fill the whole space without much more work. Here's mine, turns into a bench

Played around with a GTI and a Corvette on the road today.
Was pretty fun.

Jacked up the car, tried starting it, heard a loud ass pop/bang, some smoke. Looked underneath and it looks like it was coming from just past the cat.

Aye, but the space gained is damned small, and it would make it a lot harder to find straps that would be short enough, which would in return force me to have bolts through the box and into where the bed buckles are screwed in. It would also mean losing the use of two of those belt buckles

The square box is also a lot easier to just slide out if I have to remove it

I helped clean my dad's Chebby Nova, it was filled with acorns and rat shit.

Bought a A/C compressor from an auto recycler for my 2.5rs coupe, because new ones are $550. Got it for $70 and they threw in a bunch of extra shit like lines and tensioner and the used belt.

Finished shampooing the carpet of my new 2 me suburban and tried to change the transmission fluid. Pan drain plug stripped. Tomorrow is the adventure of un-fucking it.

>Cut off exhaust just after the manifold
>???
>Profit

I dig

Fixed an exhaust leak on my Roadmaster; one of the manifold bolts was broken off so I got new bolts and double-gasketed it.

Also replaced the air door actuator so my climate control works again, and took off my door panels and epoxied back on the broken attachment points so they don't rattle any more.

Then I gave the carpet and interior a full cleaning, and there's pretty much nothing else to do for now.

Bumper is plastic, got the paint matched using the colour codes and bought a plastic paint primer because if you use regular you will notice small cracks.

just got spray cans because it's a small area, no need to use HVAC. Prep the surrounding area with a full wash, then use a degreaser to remove any imperfections.

Started with 90G sandpaper going to 120G, to 240G, to 400G, to wet 600G, to wet 800G and finally using wet 1000G.

When sanding make sure to not focus on one spot and to feather out your work so it will blend with the paint of the car.

then jacked the car up, prepped the area for paint again with a clean and alcohol, sprayed a covering layer of primer and feathered out it blend with original paint.

2 layers of primer, then 3 coats of basecoat and 2 layers of a clear laquer on top to protect the paint.

Leave it to dry for 5, 10 minutes in between each layer and dont spray too much in one spot, when your reaching the end of the damage make sure to ease up on how much is coming out as you just want to blend slightly.

das it mane.

I managed to bend one of my dust covers after changing my rear pads yesterday and bent it back into place. Fuck that noise.

It's something i guess.

I did the rears on my bud's girlsfriend's Saab on Friday

Strangely enough I didn't have that problem

Finally pulled the fender arches off and put the black markers and LEDs in. Also cleaned and oiled my air filter.

You gonna share any?

>new 2 me suburban

do you want another new-to-you Suburban?

If you give your car curb rash your license should be immediately revoked because obviously you're too stupid to live let alone drive

i'm not OP but if you make a bad post like this your freedom of speech should be revoked

oh it's not so nice when you're on the receiving end? Fuck off

Nothing today, watched a few orange cars not finish races. Next weekend I have a few scratches and swirls to take out, tried out Scholl Concepts S20 and happy with the results.

Like it never happened.
Good job,bud!