/tfg/ - Titanfall General

4chin hackers edition

Not sure whether the game is for you or not? Free trial weekend starts 3/30 and runs through 4/3, come find out. Check FNN 11 for more details.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials and Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for pc you have to join using the link and xbone you need to request entry in the thread.

>News
FNN 11: titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/
Full Colony patch notes including the quiet stuff: i.imgur.com/1OeySzy.png

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/tgienger/Ultimate-Crosshair
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Those fucking faggots

reposting my kraber webms

Someone in the last thread mentioned that they have a weird mouse sens tied to framerate issue, it might have to do with dynamic resolution, as your sens could be affected by the resolution you run the game at, and the dynamic res could be affecting your sensitivity.
If you're using dynamic resolution it might be worth a try to turn it off.
Otherwise I have no clue what could be causing it.

Does anyone have both Northstar prime and the second Northstar nose art pack? The store preview only lets you see how they look on regular Northstar and I want to make sure the cat and flower blossom arts don't look all cut off and poorly placed on my prime.

Not trying to buy another art pack if they half-assed the prime placement like almost every other nose art.

I kinda missed colony desu

Will there be a co-op or pve mode in the future?
I heard there's this thing called frontier defense from the first game and something about testing content for tf3 but I don't know the details.

That's co-op user

Reposting my question from previous thread,
r we ever gonna haev full-scale mods??

Code digging has revealed that frontier defense for tf2 is definitely in development since the colony update. No idea when it will release though. I forgot how long it took to show up in tf1.

why

so people post better shit than i can cause im bad

Xbone stack up?

I'll be 15-20 minutes.

remember eschaton?

no i doubt it, just the little modifications that replace projectiles and shit that pop up here sometimes

YES

That popped up around the tail end of my modding phase though, I was an HMT veteran. Kinda wish Eschaton had been around from the beginning. But it did force me to learn Gmax 3d modeling and a bunch of little interesting things about game design.

ded

God is there really no way to speed up the cycling speed on the Kraber?

>tfw every time I play last titan standing I play as scorch and stand in front of one of my teammates, spamming flame shield in his face and making sure he can't see past me while he's trying to shoot an enemy

lol

lol

jk, why

Is Crosshair mod broken for anyone else? I seem to be getting a wierd error when i try to boot with it. Something about Sound device failure.

Sorry, meant sunflare mod.

>no map intro where the whole team is fastballed in by their titans

Someone post that image of Barker's stupid fucking face

HOLY SHIT COLISEUM HAS MASTIFF NOW??

IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE

We told you this the other day Klager.

you can use this instead

github.com/tgienger/Ultimate-Crosshair

>G44
Holy shit.

Is it pronounced ayy as in clay or ag as in aggro?

>tfw just put my 1000th kill on the Mestiff

Are we getting a stack going on xbox?

someone give me northstar tips

also can someone make a visual representation of titan weak spots?
just circle them on a picture or something, I don't know what I'm aiming for in terms of critical hits

aim for the cockpit glass and, on Legion and Scorch, the forward-facing vents as well

Crit spots glow red bruh
My mic has been crapping out lately. I didn't hear
Ag as in aggro
Klag-urr-my-stir

Why shittalk when you have 3 kills in a whole match?

Wingman or Elite?

Elite is perfectly accurate hipfire and a projectile regular is hitscan and weird.

Believe in Northstar, and never ever zoom in.

But really, try to stay mobile, buddy up with friendlies, get used to the projectile speed and arc of the railgun and enjoy your awful reticle.

forgot my webm

>It's a "Everyone else fucking sucks, so you have to bring out Tone and carry the team" episode

Also, how the fuck are early level players unlocking the 6-4 that early? Are they really wasting 100 creds?

Is it time to hang up the grenadier weapons? I am finding that people are just shitting all over me with the hitscan guns. Especially hitscan smg's.

Should I just hang up the softball? Switch to a hitscan gun and actually do consistently decent? Sometimes I do well with softball, other times hitscan shits on me.

I am going sanic fast too and still, you just can't out speed hitscan.

Complex IMO is the only map where grenadiers are effective. Cold War and Softball especially.

What kit do you guys use for Ion?
I used to like 5 spit but now I just use the vortex shield

just gotta practice more, user! Using grenadiers on colony is pretty trash though. If you play the original 9 maps with grenadiers then its a jolly good time. Angel city is pretty forgiving but theres so many escape and cover places in colony.

Ion is the only titan with 5 good kits

i like grand cannon because i like melting full health titans

I'm finding it impossible to hit pilots with the railgun

Goosing with the laser shot is so easy compared to this, maybe I should go back to my laserfu

Greetings from /mlpol/, some fresh OC to bring you up to speed.

Zero point is the only option

>how the fuck are early level players unlocking the 6-4 that early?
And what exactly makes you think they are?

sadly it feels that way, each offers a unique way to use her. Everone else is just pick the best 1 or 2.

Thoughts post-patch?

Melee is still wonky. Sometimes i home in for a couple feet away, other times I do what you did and mouse the mouse a little after the animation but it still whiffs.

The worst is when you melee, hear the sound, see the animation, but opponent somehow outmeleed you. This is especially evident with stim where you die BEFORE the animation even takes place.

I've mostly had good experiences so far, the melee lunges seem snappier and faster, but less forgiving.

>don't zoom in
Does it affect the shot?

>players were levels 1-10
>on 6-4 faction which unlocks on level 39

???

stopped hacking yet?

>MONARCH

5 splitter is borderline OP. you burst people faster than ronin can. it is only balanced because it costs energy.

>on 6-4 faction
How exactly do you think factions work in this game user?

>modding
>hacking
It sure is RDDT in here.

Splitter shot still works even at zero energy. At least the normal one does. I'll drop mines pip to laser shots then dump a split clip if I'm getting bumbrushed and can't get away

Uh, no? You'll fire split shots occasionally when you've regenerated enough energy to, but you're firing mostly single shots otherwise.

How's saying finally shit talking?

>Titanfall 1 Kraber had an indicator on the scope that told you what body part you hit on an enemy
>4 Frames before the hitmarker actually appears and before the bullet actually connects
Latimosa Armory is fucking newtype engineering

Factions don't work that way you mungo

I killed someone on the side of my screen that walked into me at the very end of the animation

>Is it time to hang up the grenadier weapons? I am finding that people are just shitting all over me with the hitscan guns. Especially hitscan smg's.
thats always gonna be the case since smgs are the superior weapons and much easier to play. you may now and then get a game of slow players that you destroy, but for the most part you will be dying more than you kill people. all the cool grenadier webms you see here dont show how many times those players died to get those cool shots

In case you don't already know (and you clearly don't), the faction only applies to what YOU see. If you pick the 6-4, everyone you're playing with looks like they're part of the 6-4 as well. But a teammate could be part of Apex, and they will see their team branded as Apex.

Factions are a match flavor SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU.

I didn't screencap anything other than the final screen, he was shit talking his own team and us for like the whole match.

>who are you
>i'm you but stronger

sorry

>inputs jumping between controller and keyboard
wot

Probably has a controller plugged in and it defaults to show those controls, but switches when he uses a mouse and keyboard

sure, but... why

he was banned for aimbotting, at least the first time. second time who knows, probably modding but i wouldnt rule out aimbotting since he doesnt seem to learn

Seamless transitioning inbetween control schemes. For Honor does this too. I doubt it takes a lot of programming to accomplish. Plus if its a console/pc game, the inputs are already in the code

Just got back in with the new free content, did I miss anything?

Tone is basic bitch titan now
Ion is OP
R-97 is OP
Phase shift is OP
Going fast is still fun
Welcome back user

>Newbie scores 397 damage in a LTS match
>Literally, less than 500 points worth of damage
>Across at least four rounds of LTS

Does the gravity star slide thing still work?

Both false. Steam controller. I'm the steam controller fag. I should probably establish myself so everyone knows how gay I am

Actually just got an insane killing spree and hit the instant replay but Relive is too ass to work properly and only got a couple seconds of it. Sad!

Nobody but your circlejerk believes this, sniperwaifu, keep it to your containment Discord.

>people collectively woke up to how stupid Ion is before I could get her to gen 10

Well, guess I'm going to be a faggot for the next few days.

funny you say that since siampuuh is a RDDT

I was joking. I don't actually care about the "no RDDT" meme the Discord is pushing.

nobody cares about discord though

i mean its the same people here as in the discord. its not like everyone exclusively uses one or the other. im sure some do but i dont think thats the majority.

The worrying thing is that it's just as possible that you actually think this as it is that you're just lying.

>discord players shit on thread players
>wah wah no one cares

can you rephrase? i dont understand what you are saying

>Factions are a match flavor SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU.
I kind of wish they would have had the full shebang from Titanfall 1's "campaign" as a(n optional) part of multiplayer.

Flavor the multiplayer matches some more based on your faction.

Anyone know how to make changes in the common VPK to shit in campaign without it resetting? Every time I change something it just resets, even when I go offline.

Not sure what you're getting at. Do you mean each would have their own personal little this is why you're fighting on this particular map line?
I think personalized dropships would've been dope.
>Militia all graffitied
>Vinson polished and new
>Apex all battle scarred
>Aces cobbled together and faulty
>6-4 has family photos plastered all around
>Ares has holoscreens of different warzones

Pretty much that. Just a little more flavor to the factions.

>there are people who say this is the worst gun in the game

I just tried the Cold War out today and it easily has the best balance of melting faggots and being fun as hell to use. I've finally found my raifu.

>middle of a tough match
>computer fucking shits off
>brownout
Sorry Adolph ;_;

Those people are morons. Cold War Best War.