Tfw fell for the c4 meme

tfw fell for the c4 meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

C4s aren't half bad. I just feel like you can get a better vaporwave car that will perform just as good. I would assume Camaros and mustangs could go just as fast for a cheaper price.

c4s are goat.

It is what it is. I'm a former miata driver, so a roadster was a must for me.

LT1, 6 speed, 76k miles, almost immaculate save for some cracks in the leather seats. $7500. I sure hope I haven't lost the plot...

I love the tail lights on this gen

Looks clean, under 100k, and has dem pop ups. I'd say you didn't fuck up user.

I have a 90 with 119,000 on the dash. Paid $4,000 for it. Make sure you fucking wave at other Corvettes. It's a rule of owning one, you nigger faggot. Congrats on the car!

youtube.com/watch?v=CP7ijUkgc-4

>16 fps gauges
I want my speed numbers now not next month!

It's gonna be a floppy rattle trap, but so are the coupes.

I prefer the narrow hipped models (looking for an 89-91 with a bad motor and manual trans, one day...), but have fun, sounds like you found all the right options...

Thanks user

Will be sure to do. *waves*

Both checked.

Thanks for the validation, I needed it from some pr/o/fessionals

My favorite thing about the C4 is that we don't have regular gayboi flip up lights. Ours do a fucking front flip to engage. Literally, the true patrician's headlights.

I hear ya. I prefer that body style myself, but all the ones I could find were all clapped out red ones with 4 speeds and bad overdrives.

I found one 500 miles away, black with everything I wanted so I took that ride. Luckily the straight pipes down out most of the rattles...

Yes

Also, while we're all here. What's the deal with the roof? I have the tool it take it off, but it's not leaking. How much of a hassle is it to take off? Any protips to taking it off and putting it back on? I really enjoy open tops, but I've been afraid to take it off.

>pop-up headlights
nah mate. Any car with pop-ups is a good car.

as much as I hate the shitty boomermobile they sure did have THE BEST pop ups.
I'd have popups if they flipped.

>Make sure you fucking wave at other Corvettes. It's a rule of owning one, you nigger faggot
This is why I don't like C7 owners, none of them do this. Even if it's not waving, if another vet sees me on the road going the opposite way, we will flash our high beams at each other. C7 owners cannot into corvette culture.

I haven't been on Veeky Forums for a while and just got into c4s really hard.
Why does everything I like turn into a meme?

C3>C2>C4>C5>>>>>C6>C7

>I'm a former miata driver, so a roadster was a must for me.

since you owned a miata, you must've heard that that you should never buy a convertible that hasn't been designed to be roofless from the ground up
fortunately for you, c4 is not that bad as far as the convertibles go, and not much inferior to the coupe version, though that comes more from the fact that even the normal one is pretty floppy already

Convince me not to buy one today for 3k, it's an 84 with 130k miles.

Faggot
C7>C4>C6>>>C2>C>C3>>C5

84 has a shit nightmare mode engine.

At least get the shitty tpi unless you plan on a carb or ls swap. Best bet is the LT1 but they're pricey for what the car is imo.

I agree except I like the C4 (refresh not the cokehead 80s one) looks over all others desu.

don't do it. It will leak after you remove it.

Why a C4 over a C5 or C6?
Just cheaper?

shit taste

C6>C5>C4>C2>>>>>>>>C3>>>>>>>>C7

Well, my budget for this car was around $10k. It is a third car after all, so I didn't want to go nuts on it. C6 was out of the question, so basically I could afford a clapped out C5 with 120k miles, or a really nice C4 with low miles, so I chose the C4.

How did they fit 3 foot pedals in the c4? There's barely enough room for two. c4's are so cramped.

C4 is my favorite Vette just something about the looks and rear lights gorgeous wedge profile

Take it off it will be fine used to do it all the time.

the only car I could think of more Vaporwave than mine.

Sweet ride OP, lets race some day

Is that a 1986 300ZX?

Ya did gud user don't feel bad

you are all wrong
C5>C2>C4>C7>C1>C3>C6

yeah, even nailed the year

How long have you had it? What are the main problems you've run into?

Love it op. I'm in the market to get a C4 here soon myself.

I'm in quite the pickle though. I can only afford two options.
1. Get a l98 with a manual trans (going to try to avoid 4+3's)
2. Get a LT1 with an automatic

Ideally I'd like a LT4 with a 6 speed but I can't afford it.
Which one would you get? The auto LT1 would be a little faster but I don't think it would be as fun.

>VA inspection sticker

you from richmond mai gai

The 92's have the l98 with a 6 speed. Why not just get an LT1 with the 6 speed?

Nope, the sticks. Chase City, VA.

Don't even think about the autotragic one, get the 4 speed.

I only have about $6500 to spend so I would be looking at a higher mileage vette to begin with, and the LT1 6 speeds seem to go for more than that.

I dunno. If I wait long enough maybe I can find a gem in the rough.

You should be able to find a high mileage LT1 with a 6 speed in that price range. Hell, I saw one on craigslist for $4500, the paint was shot though. Didn't stay up there long. Might need to drive a couple hundred miles to find what you want though. There is no reason to not get what you want. It's easy to buy one of these things, but hard to sell them, and there are so so many of them out there.

Ive had it since January, no real major problems so far. I sprung a vacuum leak because I moved the cruise control booster to get to my oil filter.

I mean my ac and heater dont work so those are major annoyances. My car is stock as it left the factory. Digital dash works perfect. If I had to say sensors are old and begin to fail so its throwing me codes but it still runs strong and like a dream. The transmission is noisy, especially the throwout bearing. But forums say these T5s tend to do that and run fine. My brake master cylinder is leaking, and so far thats about it off the top of my head.

You can delete a bunch of bullshit from the vacuum system to simply things, turbo models have a vacuum pump hooked up to auxillery things. I keep mine stock for now just to pass smog.

Wrong
Any gen >>>>>>>>>c3

The problem is it's a tryhard car, runs 14s and even though it's a shitty cheap vette

it's still a vette and you look like a prick in it

save up another 1000 dollars and get the 6 speed

the l98 is a nightmare, the 4+3 is a nightmare, you will wind up spending more money dicking with that shit than the difference between those cars and a lt1 with a 6

>even nailed the year

86 was it's own car, 84 - 85 had skinny fenders and black bumpers, 87- 89 were more rounded and had the ufo tails.

Only thing you could confuse an 86' with is the 84' 50th AE because of the side skirts and wider front and rear fenders.

But even then the 86' had the wide rear fenders built into the body and the 84' had clip on flairs

got you senpai

I still really want one of these, but my dad tells me horror stories about his.

the gtr is faster

>C7

lol

can e24s into vaporwave?

They are good cars, just be prepared to talk to boomers at gas stations.

lmao this will trigger them

>talk to boomers at gas stations
Real talk.

I own a C6 and I've been to a few corvette meetups in Prescott AZ, by going to these meet ups I've gotten so many hookups because of boomers. Some old retired military guy owned a detailing shop and gave me a full detail, which normally would have been around 1k, for $200. Another guy sold me a borla attak exhaust for a c6 for $500. Again, boomers might be kind of annoying but they got the hook ups. Most of them just want to talk about their love for the vet.

though the c5 was the meme

>Most of them just want to talk about their love for the vet.

My Dad has an 81 and he's always talking to other boomer dudes about the good old days and the cars they had in the past.

If I were smart and/or non-autistic I'd take advantage of this phenomena, but alas, I am neither.

Funny part is we took it for a drive to work out the cobwebs and went past the beach, the phat ass white millenial girls didn't bat an eyelash at it, every single dude's neck was breaking though.

Honestly I like most boomers. They love to talk about cars and are normally pretty knowledgeable about them. As you said they also get you great deals at body shops. Got my 68 goat blasted, primed and painted for 600$ because the gto guy at the local car meet is a bro.

I see nothing wrong here

C5 is the boomermobile

>Honestly I like most boomers.

Oh they're great talking about cars, when it comes to anything else though they're fucking awful. All of them have the shittiest political opinions, liberal or conservative.

81 is not Boomer age

>has an 81

we're talking about Corvettes

my dad is in his early 60s

gtr > any corvette
/thread

my mistake

1981 was a bad year to be a corvette though

>1981 was a bad year to be a corvette though

Agreed

What gtr? Cayman!

Let's see here. Half the price of a C5, Vee Ate, three petals, lots of tire for lots of grip and a reasonably designed suspension with looks that hold up. I think you did fine OP.

> (You)
was a bad year to be a corvette though
>Agreed

mfw the 1981 corvette had 230hp

I don't really have a problem with that.

It was 190hp my melanin enriched friend. The 1981 Corvette was a worthless pile of shit. If someone ever pays any actual money for one, they should check themselves into a looney bin.

>It was 190hp my melanin enriched friend.
holy shit really

fuuuuuuuuuuk

>It was 190hp my melanin enriched friend. The 1981 Corvette was a worthless pile of shit. If someone ever pays any actual money for one, they should check themselves into a looney bin.

What about getting one on the cheap and putting in a 400hp built 383 or something

kek....you mean like this? LS transplant in process, as funds allow for my broke ass

you can't polish a turd

not many running LS swapped Z31s, good on you my dude. Goodluck on it, I'd like to see the progess on it, I want to LS swap something and a Z31 would be sweet. Get in the Z31 facebook pages, helpful guys

Yeah, they call it a chuki, I really don't want to change ANYTHING on it except engine mods but even then I'm becoming more hesitant on it. It only has 109k miles on it so its not like it has that collectors value.

C5 has the worst bid-ask ratio in the business.

Everyone who has one thinks it's worth good money, but no one who wants one is dumb enough to give them what they want for it, so the C5 is the Corvette that never gets bought, sold, or driven right now.

It wont be polished, osg is my answer to rust holes...

Thx, goal is for it be driveable end of next year. Working on the chasis now then motor over the winter. LQ4 with L92 heads and a carb

tfw Veeky Forums validates my $7500 purchase without saying a single bad thing.

I love you guys.

See you on the road.

4 torx bolts, unless your weather stripping is completely gone you won't have leak issues

>not parallel with lines

I am more interested in the background, looks comfy,
Is all america like that?

gtr btfos all corvettes

here we go

inb4 willow springs jpeg