/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Last thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

vgperson.com/games/
vgperson.com/games/libretta.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OmcqJJcPyXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for sausage getting complicated

>2 posts b4 new bread

Opinions on KONA?

rainworld needs to be renamed to suffering/adventure platformer

>Get monster blood in gungeon
This seems like it'd be comically bad if I didn't have wax wings

It gives you poison immunity.

Oh, that's nice.

Also I fought wallmonger for the first time, it's so comically easy in comparison to kill pillars (and even some earlier bosses).

I stand by that kill pillars is too hard in comparison to the others

Trailer does a very poor job explaining how it's different from a gazillion of other walking sims

If I played and beat the original free version of OneShot back in the day, is it worth picking up the Steam version for the new content that just came out?

If you liked the original, I'd say to definitely give it a shot. The new content gives you quite a different perspective over the game's world.

USA
L/SA
LISA

Yes

I finished LISA give me cute games

Kill pillars and high priest are both 'ah fuck' bosses for me. If I can get to the former's last phase it's not so bad but it's such an intense boss. I almost want to say Dragun isn't even all that hard compared to most bosses unless it spams knives.

OneShot is pretty cute.

>Cute
100% Orange Juice.
Unless you mean RPGmaker/Gamemaker type games.

That's not cute that's kawaii

Fine. Epic Battle Fantasy series.

I'm fine with hard bosses but it pisses me off a fair amount that there's such a difficulty disparity between bosses of the same zone.

All of the zone 1 bosses are about the same

I don't think ammoconda is hard, but I do think it's annoying. Beholster spawns adds but aside from that he's pretty easy. I think gorgun is the easiest of the zone 2 ones, but not by a whole lot.

Depending on your set up I think mine flayer is easier than treadnaught, but if you have a real good way to deal with adds then treadnaught might be easier. I've only ever faced balrog once and I died.

Meanwhile I've faced the kill pillars 3 times and never beaten them once, two times I had junkan. I beat high priest ok and wallmonger was a piece of cake.

pillars die very quickly to piercing/aoe, and most of their attacks are flashy but fairly easy to dodge
they're more just a bitch if you burned your blanks early or aren't used to fighting them

priest is fucking cancer though, hard to predict, fast-moving, and constantly jumps off-screen

>priest is fucking cancer though, hard to predict, fast-moving, and constantly jumps off-screen
I've only faced him once but I thought all of his attacks were fine. The only sort of bad one was the "disappear and fire waves of bullets"

the vanishing shit is the worst because of often it'll do it some times
i've had it pull that out a good five times in a fight before

I think I recognize the yellow icon but I can't remember what it is and also I don't see anything

oh it was the cop, he died

rip

Why didn't you give him one of your fancy guns?

it's his fault he ran into a jammed crying face thing

I actually got pretty far, to like 1/3 health.

Can I just shoot anywhere on its body? His health was going down but I couldn't really tell if just shooting anywhere was fine.

There was a room in like hallow or something where I took 2.5 hearts of damage because of a ton of shit. I probably would have survived if not for that.

Anywhere on its body in the first phase.

so does anyone know if vlambeer is like, doing anything

I got my first rainbow chest after 26 hours and 6 days.

>On a fuse
Jej.

At least Veeky Forums and /indie/ is still here

We're always here. Irrelevant of what bastard fusions form elsewhere, like
Or even

I feel like Veeky Forums would only notice a merger if the other board started actually going into the preexisting threads anyway

I opened it, of course.

I agree. Veeky Forums doesn't even have much crossover between it's own threads. A merger between Veeky Forums and any other board would just mean video game generals competing for space with posters from the other board.

Dont forget

Just got Rain World, starting my slugcat adventure.

Yeah. There's also
and

I am sorry in advance. Unless you don't think you can, always try to sleep on a full stomach with extra food in hand/seeds in stomach.
Never eat more than 1 Golden Flower at a time.
Loot your corpse after dying with a gold flower in ya.

half spirit hearts only replace random red heart drops

>First death was a fake vine.
Okay.
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Appolyon was such garbage.

Where do I find Daisuke in Gungeon? Beat a past?

>Oh great kill pillars again
>Perfect it with heck blaster
well, ok then

He shows up in the cells, which then have to be unlocked with a cell key you find somewhere on the same floor. Same as all the other breach npcs.

Yea I thought that but I haven't seen a cell in a while.

I was doing the girl goblin's thing for a while, does that replace others or something? Because I freed everyone else a long time ago.

Are these mushrooms? They are making me trippy.

Yes. Feed them to enemies.

What indie gags happened yesterday?
There's Dashbored getting put to rest from last thread and chrono.gg is taking steamkeys instead of selling them

aprib fooks gay

So this is Rain World.
I'm scared.

>Like 1 room over from that Hab to the right
>Ded
How unfortunate. But you should know, nothing survives the rain without a place to hide. Nothing.
Just wait until you see something like the shambling horror out on the shore or the blue tentacle demons in 5Pebbles.

can someone post the gif of the slugcat firing a gun

That post actually got deleted from /v/, so I can't retrieve it. And the thread is in the /vint/ archive, which has no extended archive.

The rain itself kills you?

2acidic

I mean it's called Rain World

>one of my guys in battle bros got brain damage
>actually kind of a good thing because he can sometimes be too stupid to get scared

Sucks that he loses initiative though, is that important for archers?

>See some kickstarter for a game
>It looks kinda meh, standard ripoff
>Stretch goals look fucking amazing, practically turn it into an entirely different game
>Game's not very popular and may not even reach base funding because the base game they're funding for still looks pretty meh
What kind of retarded ass backwards game devs save their best ideas for after the game gets super popular and makes a lot of money

Because they can't actually implement the cool sounding things

Holy shit, undead are total assholes in Battle Bros. I had like 17 zombies on my ass, and then they added even more zombies by zombifying my own guys! Plus, the game keeps giving me guys who are good at archer, but the undead are resistant to ranged attacks. Fuck these fags.

That would normally make sense, but the game is already plenty complicated, the good stuff is just a different take on the assets they'd already have if they had the core gameplay down
I'm just really confused

link pls

Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you
kickstarter.com/projects/rocketjumptechnology/king-under-the-mountain
It's your average dorf forts clone, except the devs are holding /v/'s wet dream hostage behind a money barrier that will never be reached

These are pretty substantial:
* Play as a [single character]
* Community API
* Observer mode (if actually good / doesn't just cheat resources)

But yeah I can see how the other shit is shit that should be in the base game.

Even that seems to be a common pattern on kickstarter, though. Makes sense to do when you're pretty confident you'll get funded but want to egg people on with neat sounding shit (that you were going to put in anyhow)

A single character seems incredibly simple compared to entire civilizations with complex interpersonal interactions
And I think the devs feel that way too, considering they have plans for three of them

I'm not really sold on backing it
Their prototype is shit and they know it

Yeah
It seems like every kickstarter campaign that decides to release an actual demo of the game instead of doing marketing like everyone else is doomed to fail

The problem is that it requires attention to different details. If you just slap a dude in a dungeon with the items/monsters from the civilization mode, the pacing/challenge/level design/etc will just be plain crapola. Everything has to be a lot more tight when you're only controlling one guy.

If you get single-player mode down for one character though, adding more will be absolutely trivial.

If you include updates now then Iji got a recent and notable update.

Gotta sell people on dreams. Prototypes are bound to be kinda crappy, and it provides a very tangible object for "this isn't what my imagination cooked up"

Imagine if Star Citizen had a demo

oh wait

>cute games
vgperson.com/games/
Pick some that look nice to you. Wadanohara, Grey Garden and LiEat are maximum cute and focusing on story tellening rather than rpg.

Also anyone played this yet? vgperson.com/games/libretta.htm
Got an update on april first which makes it suspicious.

Star Citizen didn't release anything for initial funding as far as I'm aware
They've been releasing piecemeal alphas of the game for years but the only thing that was available for a long ass time was nothing more than a digital garage where you could look at all the non-functional ship jpegs you paid for in 3D form

>April 1st gone by
>no expedition
Give it to me.

Have you missed the news that it's not going to be coming for a looooong time? At least relatively speaking long. That is, you shouldn't be expecting it to release any day now.

youtube.com/watch?v=OmcqJJcPyXM
Niko voice is CUTE

/indie/ what game has a real goddamn juicy death effect/animation for normal monsters?

My own game's effect is real goddamn shitty and I want some ideas.

\

>FB_IMG_1491011655226.jpg
>not visiting the official website

Did you know DD has a VITA port?

Found it.

Yes, but I own the PC port longtime before the vita version came out.

adorable

how often is spice supposed to appear in gungeon I've never seen it yet

>spice
Depends on how much of it you use. Use it.

i thought I had unlocked it but maybe I hadn't

You buy it from Ox and Cadence.
Then it appears in any A-grade slot. Red Chests, sometimes Shops.
And remember to open inventory to get the unlock message so it can actually spawn.

I solved literally one (1) level of this game. I want to like it, but I'm too dumb.
Can I improve in any way?

Anyone looking forward to Pocket Rumble? It looks really cool, but there's too few players right now since it's still early access.

You might have to keep bashing your head around it until the language and mechanics seep into you. That's what happened when I started playing-- I was stuck on world 1, then I did a puzzle, then another, and then the rest came very fast.

That is because sony forces small indies to do a vita port if they want to release on ps4.

I got Rebel's B from the weekly.

Her special gets really good if you choose ult B and you've got bloodlust and other health things

They could probably get more funds if they'd market it better, but I still wouldn't back it.

The problem is that their demo is actually garbage. It's a non-game showing off characters chopping down wood/mining and hauling it to designated areas, something their team could've cobbled together in a week or so. It's just simple state machines + pathfinding. Funny thing is that they claim to have worked on it for year (two years, judging by their youtube channel). I have a lot of doubts that they will be able to catch up with their gargantuan ambitions.

The art is fugly too, despite the fact that their artist seems to be very skilled.

So what's the point of backing the project? To see how they struggle for another five years to bring it up to the level of Dwarf Fortress in 2006?

/indie/, I get it

I understand why this game was praised so highly on its release. It's genius in its execution aid it challenges are so satisfying to overcome