AMG vs M Series

Which company has the better performance division?

Other urls found in this thread:

bmw-m.com/en/topics/all-models.html
mercedes-amg.com/vehicles.php?lang=eng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Polestar

It was M up until the last few years.

*passes you*

V// > ///AMG > F > ///M > RS
back then when BMW used NA engines they where the best if you ignore the manual CTS-V.

>American "Engineering"

>rebadged chebby

What exactly is it a rebadge of?

Both make different things, but BMW still offers manuals on most of their models. AMG phased them out entirely in favour of DCT automatics. Sure, it seems unnecessary to offer stick on something like a S 63 AMG, but not offering it on a boyracer model like the A 45 AMG was ridiculous.

>a bigger LS-whatever
>no more Northstar V8
>no manual XLR-V coupe

I'm excited for the supposed straight F1 engine in one of the MercAMG cars.

The Northstar wouldn't hold up to today's horsepower wars.

personally I'm rooting for F and Quadrifoglio

I hope to one day run an upscale car company and buy the rights to wat racing development to turn it into one of these

this man has the right idea

F doesn't even produce proper sports cars
All of them are either too heavy or lack power
AMG is a heavily watered down brand, there are currently 48 (!) AMG cars you can buy, literally meaningless badge.
Meanwhile there are 9 different M cars on sale currently

I would put F>AMG

But otherwise totally agree

Name one noteworthy car built by F
One car that is better than AMG/M/V

Muh NA vee ate.

>Americans pretending any of their manufacturers have a stake in this comparison
Cute. Can we please focus on real car companies based in Germany and maybe Japan and ignore Fatmeristan

My bad, I meant F

Just because Lexus still builds NA engines?
Doesn't matter when they are inferior to the competition? Sounds like pure fanboyism.
Lexus will soon move over to turbos too.

/////AMG has more slashes than ///M so they must be better

But ///M has more slashes per letter!

>diesel ///M cars
D R O P P E D

They already are. 2.0L turbo in the IS, Nx, and GS starting last year. Twin turbo V6 in LS starting this year.

AMG was better when it was an independent company, or at least, latera MB subsidiary. Now it's just a trim level. Every model has at least one, if not two or even three AMG trims. They are all quite nice and offer aubstantial power, but only the most gonzo versions of AMG cars can match the theme and feel of the original AMG vision. With MB stuffing twin turbo engines in their normal cars, AMG essentially is offering the same engines with longer strokes and more aggressive tuning.

///M has always been more of a true motor sports series, and until recently, has avoided the SUV and crossover bullshit for dedicated models. They are starting to go the way of AMG, but it is still tough to deny that the M3 or M4 are detached far enough from Stacy's daddy bought 3 series convertable, that she would hate the ///m version that Chad Thundercock picks her up in.

That being said, if I was buying right now, I'd go with the C450 AMG, which isn't even a true AMG model. Just a trim level for the regular line.

Historically: ///M

Currently: /////AMG

BMW has dropped the ball with almost all of their ///M cars save for the M2. They are worse than the V// line up and just barely edge out Fフ.

>what did they mean by this?

not an M car
pic related is M lineup.

meanwhile at AMG: 52 different vehicles including oversized V6 soccer mom SUVs
mercedes-amg.com/vehicles.php?lang=eng
watered.down.name.

M>AMG

>tuning too many vehicles for my autism

>Not an ///M car
>Has an ///M badge

watered.down.name

''M technic'' or ''M sport'' has been a trim since the 80's - before Mercedes-AMG even existed.

He dosnt know

>Putting a pusrod V8 in a landbarge to compete against hand-made turbocharged jewels

Why are american companies so stupid and incompetent?

It's not a trim, it's not an M-sport, it's a separate model and BMW chose to to badge it as such.
""///M""50d

AMG is a joke almost as bad as Nismo. ///M only has one good product right now, the M2. F cars are ugly, heavy, and not that fast. ///V is okay but needs to work on interiors. Nismo and AMG are a joke and just slap the badge on whatever. RS cars look cool but are still understeering pigs.

it is the top trim diesel X5 with an M bodykit and a stiffer suspension setup.
It's not M sport anymore they are calling it ''M performance'' nowadays.
It's not an M car, it's not even being advertised as an M and it's not being sold as an M.
Base model>M performance(top trim base model)>M

>The BMW X5 M50d benefits from the unique expertise of BMW M engineers, with a special, fine-tuned powertrain, suspension and steering system. The end result is a vehicle that offers an exhilarating combination of dynamism, comfort and everyday usability.
-BMW

Can't get that tri-turbo engine in any other model it's unique to the ///M50d

>it's a poorfaggots and busriders arguing about badges episode
great thread

yup and rather than naming it 50d they named it the M50d because the most powerful non-M X6 comes with M sport package as standard.
The same engine can be found in the X5 M50d, M750d and M550d
the new ''50d'' has 4 turbos btw

My hellcat has a few words for you.

But amg has an m and a. That's still more slashes.

Cadillac V... B
>Root around the GM parts bin, ask the Corvette guys nicely if you can take all their stuff and put it under a failing luxury car brand body. Worked surprisingly well.

MB AMG... B+
>take overweight luxury car, take engine from model two or three tiers up, combine, add forced induction. Suddenly doesn't feel so overweight anymore, but new handling should've been addressed. Also need manuals.

Lexus F... C
>fine purveyor of cars that are outdated the moment they're released. Engineering team spends too much time over-engineering powertrain. Stacked exhaust was a bad idea. On flip side, will still run like a top long after everyone else becomes recycled.

BMW M... C+
>the classic story of the valedictorian who discovered pot. Hair grew, grades plummeted, ambitions lowered. Division blowing through money, most of the original guys went to Hyundai and Kia. M cars soon voted "most likely to lose Prestige award to a Kia"

Audi RS... B-
>had big aspirations and a great start, but knocked a chick up sophomore year and was forced to support the kid. Still throws hail Mary every now and then with RS6 wagon. Strangely sells more S cars than standard A line cars, diluting the brand a bit.

Summary:
AMG>V>RS>M>F

Aka AMG>M

>votes for AMG
>posts twisty road in pic
an AMG barge couldn't take that corner without understeering in a ditch.

AMG

>muh prestiges
Pic related is an actual AMG car.
At least M or V does not build 2.0 liter 4 banger haldex awd compact ''SUVs''

And this is a V6 powered 2 ton X6 knockoff, also an AMG.

Also AMG and Lexus F build the best fake exhausts in the market
Literally the whole AMG lineup has them (except for the GT-R)

you wrote that wrong it's

>muh hellcat

lol

>AMG
>GT rapes Porsche with their first try
>BMW
>???

>43

The only acceptable AMG numbers are 55, 63, 65 and 73.

Yeah that's clearly just style for style's sake

It's not like bmw hasn't performed their share of exhaust trickery though

tell that to the AMG marketing division - they should stop building pigfat V6 shit
Porsche: 6:57.00
AMG: 7:10.92

Agreed. The AMG div is/was the closest thing to a factory hot rod of all the euro manufacturers. Some of the new models are muddying those waters

Lexus F is the worst at executing fake exhausts

Lexus actually started the fake exhaust tip thing years before anybody else did. No everybody seems to be doing it.

That is fucking laughable

You didn't scroll down m8

M >>> V >>> AMG >>> RS >>> F >>>> Fiatshit
M is and will always be GOAT

Slapping an M badge on everything just devalues the badge...too bad idiots will still buy them

Not M cars
M performance = top trim base model

>Haldex
>Performance

Just saying that kikes love everything mercedes related

This guy gets it

>too bad idiots will still buy them
I don't regret my M240i. The performance and refinement for the money is amazing.

>top trim base models have ///M badges
>this doesn't devalue the ///M brand
what did he mean by this?

M, they actually focused on racing for a few years. AMG was just a tuner until Merecedes brought them in.

M4 is best M

>AMG was just a tuner

this is the correct answer.

The one that doesn't pipe in fake engine noises because the engine is dogshit

spotted the "car guy"
shouldnt u be taking pictures of your hands with some brake dust on them for facebook

M, AMG, Lexus F, even Porsche has such interior sound systems

>GM

XX > V > AMG > Polestar > M > F

BMWs look so boring though. They just don't have the appeal of Mercedes. When I think of Mercedes I think luxury. When I think of BMW I think of Chad the Frat Guy whose daddy bought him a Bimmer for his first car

Alpina or Brabus?

>Nismo Juke
What a disgrace

My man.

Alpina

The car that helped create the M class, of course..

Lmao this damage control

RIP brakes

AMG > M > V = F

>C43 AMG
>tfw mercedes has a 3.0 v6 with an AMG badge

still not as bad as a V6 soccer mom mobile

Whats wrong with that? A V6 is a performance engine.

I tend to agree that the AMG badge should be reserved to big phat V8s but I was a passenger in an older C32 AMG W202 (350-odd hp supercharged V6), shit was cash. Sings really nice and there is no denying that it is a fast car. If done proprerly like this one, I see no problem with V6 AMGs.

Why did lexus place? I see the amg to m to v

There's no 1-series M cars? Damn poorfags and their ebay badges.

THEY GOTTA BE THE BEST RIGHT
I SEE IT EVERYWHERE

there is the M140i M Performance, not an M car but still very good
V6 AMGs are shit.

>I'm underage and full of crippling insecurities
>that's why bmws look so boring
nice one

Is there a list of all manufacturers and their performance divisions?

STi

Or oversteering into a tree.

>that orange peel
Typical American paint job