Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/sparky4/16
homph.com/steam/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

firsties

wizmuds a fucking mess lol

second for gogem is pretentious

ninth for i agree

I can't play, but I was able to before. It says I need WebGL and to try firefox, but I'm using Iceweasel, a Firefox variant.

Got the flashlight working how I wanted it, and did a bit of texture work for the walls and such. I think I'm gonna go ahead and model the leaves for the plant though; I thought a simple billboard would pass but I hate it

not sure that's the word I'd use

more like "an asshole"

github.com/sparky4/16
I've been following this for a while. the code looks like absolute chaos.
what's his end game, Veeky Forums?

hello fellow linux duv

Roboys are now in the game. Somewhat.

c was a mitake

>Looking for shit to do
>Find a spot on a pretty fleshed out 10 man team with a role I'm familiar in and good at (Project Manager)
>The dude making it has been working on this thing for the past nine months
>Good as fuck opportunity and I could actually help get something made and put on my resume
Only thing
>Asked to sign an NDA before doing anything

Is there any risk to signing an NDA for gamedev that I should look out for? I want to help out but I'm nervous as fuck about signing a legal contract.

Does the sprite for the pattern bullets (pink) look better on the left(original) or right(new)? It is the same pattern just at different stages of it's attack

I know right bullets look distorted but that is because they are being turned with code and are keeping their pixel alignment/integrity instead of stretching/squishing themselves. I will try to find a better way if it exists later.

finally gave wizmud a try

you didn't warn us that the music was going to be so good

The only risk is if you're stupid enough to break the terms of the NDA.

use chrome dummy

chrome is crap

1 Are your main team okay with it
2. do you have a contract with them
3. have you read the NDA?
4. talk to a lawyer

only thing you gotta worry about is non-competes

They could fuck you out of the industry

>doing work for other people 4 3
lel

I made a simple qt3.14

can you have sex with it

left looks more typical BH.

> pedoguy exposed

When did you realize that autists are terrible at making games?
I think the layered AI user is a perfect example of this.

Oh, user

That looks pretty rad. What are you going for, survival horror game?

homph.com/steam/

I think a large portion of /agdg/ have no business making games. Half dont even enjoy content creation. Its akin to girl who pretend to like video games.

Thanks user. I'm rebuilding Hemoglobin in 3D to see if the atmosphere still holds up, as spriting stuff in an 8-directional game is incredibly tedious, so I'd rather have more freedom to use 3D animation and such instead.

>being this jealous because I've released more games than the rest of aggy daggy combined

Just admit he's better than you.

Who even likes gogem?

Old thread's dead. Lets say I have an idle state for a sprite that it just the size of the sprite, then an attack animation that is this gif posted right here in example. What would be the best way to match the animations together since they have vastly different sprite sizes ? Should ALL sprites be of the same size to avoid the problem (might fuck up collisions) or always rearrange the sprite's position depending of the animation ?

delete this pls

reposting my response to this from the last thread

I think my first instinct would be to give all of the sprites the same origin relative to the character in the sprite (i.e. the spot on the "ground" directly beneath him) and then base the collision shapesor around that

Well, the sprites have to be the same size in the sheet for it to properly work on GODOT without hustle. So I usually put a 64x64 or 48x48 area for each of them even though they are usually smaller than that.

But then again I only rip sprites from other games

i kinda liked his yesdev videos but the moment he starts to defend his art i have to try really hard not to hate him

I'm starting to realize that I'll probably never make a game because I'm too chicken to take the risk.

I have a cushy programming job that I'll have to quit to make a game. If I do that i'll have to live off my savings. I have about 40k saved up which would last me at most 3 years. After which I would have to start back from zero if my game doesnt sell.

So my goal now ends up becoming not to make a game, but rather to generate enough passive income or part time income so that I can do gamedev without burning through my savings.

Fuck

yeah k now fuck off and come back when you have something related to gamedev to post about, this isn't your blog

I have nothing against him for releasing games, he deserves credit for that

but it doesn't mean he isn't being pretentious when he lectures people after they point out that his art doesn't read the way he thinks it should

Well, I think the artstyle really works, the webm has already a thick atmosphere. Good luck mate.

>. I have about 40k saved up
wew, currently going off ~10k myself
l2live minimal

fuck opengl

vulkan lad

OpenGL is such trash that is makes my heart hurt. What we need is a GOOD code-based development library for C++. #MakeGameDevGreatAgain

vulkan is more difficult than opengl in a technical sense

It's impossible to live minimal when cheapest rent in my area is 600 per month.

Then move, dipshit.

how would you make a clear distinction between one way platforms you cant fall back through and ones that you can (by moving down usually) in a 2d platformer

If you spend more than a k/month as a neet even with bills, youre fucking up.

Even 2 years is more than enough time.
But if you cant go fulldive then time to buckle down on part time.

Don't include both in your game.

through intuitive level demonstration
why is this even a question.

I'd love to collab on your horror game and help you finish it

why

Other than your animations sucking and your character looking like that one guy from Timesplitters for PS2, the game looks pretty good.

i know how to include both of them in my game but idk how to make them visually intuitive

Having two elements with very similar functions is unnecessary complexity.

Someone made my game already, I should kill myself

just do what everyone else does and make the ones you can fall through thinner

>I should kill myself
Someone already beat you to that too.

opacity

you can't

make them look distinctly different from one another, then introduce them gradually so that the player learns the difference

that actually sounds like it could work
that doesnt

True. I suppose I could keep orbs for more densely packed patterns to make discerning hitboxes on them easier and leave the more fanciful shapes/designs for very special things. Thank you, user!

new basic concrete tiles.

>fps drop in a game with graphics like this
You amateur devs are fucking horrible.
Don't make games if you can't even make a 2D game properly holy shit.

Solid spooky atmosphere you've got there. What all are you planning to put in this game?

In Unity, how can I make a single healthbar for ALL enemies, instead of giving everyone their own?
My problem is that when I enable the healthbar for an enemy through shooting at it, and then shoot an other enemy, the bar from the first enemy is still above the bar from the second enemy.

What game/engine?

Your game looks too small to run with good graphics in fullscreen.

>tfw learning the prelude of FFI in synthesia
>tfw is too hard
welp, time to practice the fucking scales.

>all those dynamic lights when simple textures would suffice
At least the anons here tend to be kinda autistic about performance.

gaaayyyyy

it's called scaling my friend. It's bigger than nuclear throne and the same size as hyperlight drifter.

>tfw when you program as well as bill gates and bjarne stroustrup but cant do art, cant do pixel art, cant model and cant use fl studio without the outcome sounding retarded

I know what scaling is, your game looks so small that scaling will make it worse.

>>tfw when you program as well as bill gates and bjarne stroustrup
that's not a good thing

Alright yeah I like the modeled look alot better. Time to actually texture these so they resemble plants.

Thanks man

I think collabing with me would be an even worse idea than usual since I've got final interviews for two jobs this week, so my free time is about to die

Thanks, I guess? I'm a pretty good animator in 2D, but I'm still adjusting to 3D animation. I need to get to grips with curves in Blender, since that's mainly what throws me off. I can't get proper anticipation and weight with my animations when there's all this auto-curving going on as I'm keyframing

Thanks! It's going to be pretty identical content-wise to my DD13 game Hemoglobin, although I can expand on the combat alot with proper 3D aiming.

I don't care anymore about the game.

>game follow a grandpa is telling a story to his grandchildren
>story starts with hero being promoted to a Knight
>King : "I proclaimed you DAME LILY"
>girl grandchild gets triggered about Dame and says that it should be SIR
>grandpa apologizes and change the story by calling her SIR LILY instead

Fuck this shit.

Good first day, am I vidya yet.

well i dunno, u can try it if you want and say how it looks. It's called House Cleaner and was on the last demo day.

Have you considered having only a single health bar on screen, and attaching a script that holds a reference to which enemy was shot last?

>but it doesn't mean he isn't being pretentious when he lectures people after they point out that his art doesn't read the way he thinks it should
you seem to be misunderstanding where you are. if you see structure wrong than me telling you why you're wrong is a benefit to you because you apparently have a flawed mental map of that structure that would inevitably lead to massive mistakes when you finally get round to learning art.
so stop using the word "lecturing" like learning is a bad thing and youre welcome.

I already did only a single healthbar, too, but I don't know how to detect which enemy was shot last. They all have the same prefab.

The artist bears 90% of the responsibility for communicating. If an average viewer can't understand what you drew, that's on you.

Maybe your art requires the viewer to already know a specialized visual language. That's fine, but then your target audience is not the general public.

wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat wat

>by calling her SIR LILY instead
Dame is an obscure term outside the UK in that context. You sure the scene wasnt trying to convey child ignorance to the common ""sir knight" platitude?

animefag artlet

When does the fun begin?

A prefab is different from an instance in the scene and this is where a lot of your problems are coming from. When you set a reference to a game object in the scene, it only references that object, not the prefab that created it. What you can do is in your enemy script, store a reference to a script attached to the healthcare (whichever one sets the health of the bar). In the health script, store a reference to an enemy. When when an enemy is hit, assign it to that variable in the health script.

none of this changes the fact that you're drawing stylized eyes when you think you're drawing eyebrows

>stop using the word "lecturing" like learning is a bad thing
lecturing is bad when the point the lecturer makes contradicts something he said 10 minutes prior

samefag

What the heck am I doin?

wow, this is fun.

going to learn all the scales now.

>so this guy has thick dark lines in the place where the eyes generally are
>could these be his eyes?
>No wait! the lines are clearly above the nose they must be his browns and the artist just choose to not draw the eyes
t. no one ever

the second you fix that base

You must have some form of autism or face blindness if you got confused by his art.

>muh samefag
Gogem is a retard but his art is good.

>but his art is good.
fyng

I don't care if you don't care about the game. What's the name of it.

Failed kickstarter game Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King which found a publisher and is now on steam with only positive reviews.

the hell is a fyng