>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?556-Kingdoms-Hosted-Modifications

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXkWfEIALxM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for united /twg/

It's less than a year, they are straight up just adding in new assets and it's an expansion to the main game

Daily reminder to report and ignore shitposting

Fantasy is for literal retards that are too stupid to know/learn history

Was reading a Warhammer book and saw

>‘As hard as steel
Though never seen breaking?
Made to last
Though never through making?’ - Strigany Riddle

This.

I'd ask Veeky Forums but the Warhammer thread is dead. Anybody know the answer?

Reminds me, anyone still have that pic from way back when Warhammer first came out with the
>what we could have
>what we actually have
?

It's not called Total Friendship asshat

They are marketing it as a new game obviously. Then they can act like it's incredible that you can play Warhammer 1 and 2 together.

Best chaos cosmetics mod?

Using True Chaos atm but I am open for more opinions.

POOR LITTLE MAMMALS

>Does anybody have the heart to tell them that the old ones realized they made a huge mistake and decided to ejecto seato?
The old ones made no mistakes, chaos just got in the way.
If everyone else had followed the plan, then they could have beaten chaos, instead of the end times happening.
Old ones did nothing wrong, the great plan wasn't wrong, and the lizardmen did nothing wrong.
Warmbloods decided to fuck everything up, with their squabbling, back stabbing, expaning into continents they don't belong on, messing with magic they shouldn't, etc.

>Then they can act like it's incredible that you can play Warhammer 1 and 2 together.

it would be pretty impressive if they pull it off.

>Removing Warhammer 2 info and forgetting to add previous thread again.

>1920x1080 reaction image
>1.37 MB
>.png

Hello newfag

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Since we are currently having an influx of new people to the thread and since there will soon be a constant drip of TWWH2 info (usually on Tuesdays or Thursdays) how to announce it.

Type 'STUFF' several times at the top of your post followed by the link, then whatever comments you have on said stuff. that way whenever some new info comes out and people come into the thread, they can find it quickly!

Thanks all!

History and Fantasy are both great,
stop fighting

My thanks. have a piglet.

Is there any infantry unit that can 1v1 chosen in lore?

This image is for the next OP

Anyone who plays TW for their history is a moron who cant handle GSG

>implying I didn't just steal it from somewhere
>Implying I didn't have another

Phoenix Guard and several other High Elf shits.

I mean that's what they are going for so I'm assuming they are actually trying to make it work. I have my doubts it will be flawless.

No, there is an event in the base game when you research carracks you can sail into the terra incognita and actually reach the americas and conquer the aztecs

>enjoy history
>enjoy fantasy
I would say I feel bad for those who cant enjoy things, but honestly they are causing their own pain so they probably deserve it.

temple gaurd if they're protecting a slann, a large enough unit of rats, some of the elf units. That's all I can think of off the top of my head

>Phoenix Guard

They wish.

>tfw know some people that played total war and auto-resolved all battles
>Tell them to try out Civ or grand strategy instead
>"Too hard"

Every time.

hello australian

It's not about disliking fantasy per se, for example I love Lord of the Rings but the games that CA put out just serve to milk the shit out of Warhammer fanboys, they are watering down the series by simplifying it to make it easier for the Warhammer newcomers to play it. It's fucking disgusting how much they pander to Warhammer fanboys just to make a buck

Do you mean the unit could win against a unit of chosen, or the individuals within the unit could 1v1 a single chosen each?

If people knew the futility of mentally shouting at people about video games on the internet.

>get drunk alone and play Total War
>make the sound really really loud and start crying when my men start charging through arrow fire
>get up to piss and forget to pause the game so the enemy boats land and murder all my ranged lads
>wake up to find out I vomited all over my bed when I was asleep

Is everyone having a good week?

Depends. Some units might be able to beat regular Chosen.

Skullreapers or Putrid Blightkings? Good fucking luck.

Skullreapers cost 40 points a model. Phoenix Guard cost 15. Guess which one is more killy.

>Make a mod to change chaos invasion spawns to be harder
>Chaos invasion spawns
>It doesn't spawn units based on the mod spawn table
>It doesn't spawn units based on the normal spawn table

Wot da zog

Same boat in enjoying both but it's fine if they don't like something.
Sperging out about it on the steam forums and youtube comments is another matter.

They said right from the get go that there would be 3 games, they've also said there is a history game in production.

>no samurai in pic
GREAT DISHONORU

>start crying when my men start charging through arrow fire

my sides

>mfw grew up playing Warhammer but also like history
>CA working on both Warhammer and History titles

Life is good.

>they are watering down the series
Im sorry user, but I just cant take anything you say seriously when you say this. Its just straight up false, in terms of tactical depth Warhammer is far more complicated than other TW games.

Complicated being a relative term, TW is very casual, all the games are very casual. Its fun smashing armies together and that what TW is about. But the fact is the tactical depth of every single historical TW game can be summed up as 'Hammer and Anvil' or 'Cannons and Lines'. The same simply cant be said about Warhammer.

With these dubs I shall summon Igdood

Persona 5 is coming out in a few days, and I've got a holiday lined up for it.

So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm pretty sure he meant regular Chosen, otherwise he'd have specified special characters, too.

It's just the hyper autists screeching loudly, as usual. It's hardly as big a deal as they're making it out to be.

How can you claim to have played since Shogun 1 but still support any post-Shogun 2 Warscape game?

What do female skaven look like?

For the game to be interesting in multiplayer though, they really need to start introducing unit caps more.

It's inane that I can only have three Aspiring Champs, while my opponent is free to have seven units of Hawk Riders and two units of Wild Riders on different corners of the map.

>skaven allied with slann
DELET!

I did it bros, i fucking won that.
And that's a miracle because Archaon the Evercucked was there, holy shit how did i do this

Shogun and Medieval might as well be a different franchise honestly

Warscape hating is a meme

Been playing since Shogun 1.
What are the issues with the engine? I haven't noticed anything breaking because of it.

Massively bloated monstrosities with vestigial limbs that basically just spend their entire lives wallowing in filth at the centre of Skaven cities, consuming vast amounts of food brought to them by slaves which they occassionally eat as well, so they can spit out kittens by the thousand to replace Skaven losses to war and internal feuding.

I dont think its actually futile at all, I think they succeeded.

I think all this shouting and anger at CA over the last few years about the historical titles being the 'wrong' period, poor games or DLC practices or whatever reason people shouted at CA is responsible for the entire Warhammer series.

Coming out of Rome 2 they made a lot of money, but burned a lot of bridges with their history audience, which that audience said loudly and frequently that they would never support CA again. Attila was a test run to see if that was true, and judging by the sales that never matched Rome 2 they were right, a lot of people had left the ship.

So now you're a head designer at CA, you're got quite a bit of money from Rome 2 and Attila but dont know if you can make another history game and get away with it. So why not distance yourself from that market and try something new? CA obviously thought the risk of doing something new was less than the risk of doing the same old thing, which is saying a lot when most game designers HATE to do new things.

And then Warhammer blew up, it was a huge success and brought in a whole new group of people, people love the DLC in the majority and its really just the history group who are upset by their 'practices'.

Then you have them come out and as always planned, announce the next TWW game. Since they want to do all the races in one game, and this is a godlike way to fund a new engine/history game in the future, something that can redeem them in their history fans eyes.

And what do the history fans do? They bitch and moan and cry betrayal, for doing what is undeniably the best thing for the next history title which is make a good TW game by taking their time and getting it right.

Its just all such a high level of stupidly by the community.

I'm new to TW and I really like TW:W so far.
I'm probably gonna buy the history games too so I don't understand why people are angry.

It feels like everytime I get a new video game I anger a specific group of people.
I just want to play video games to forget my daily woes, not engage in internet wars.

Yeah, while I would say that the campaign is often less advanced than other total wars, I would not say that about battles. People can go on about shield wall abilites all they want, but they don't really make any of the games more advanced(especially since they are often bugged).

Medieval 2 had shit for formation abilites(Useless schiltrom was the most prevalent), but I don't think that game is less tactical than Rome 2. TWW battles has a lot of stuff going on, at the least just as much as any other total war. The battle polish(compared to a lot of total wars) is a big plus for me.

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Since we are currently having an influx of new people to the thread and since there will soon be a constant drip of TWWH2 info (usually on Tuesdays or Thursdays) I wanted to remind people how to announce it.

Type 'STUFF' several times at the top of your post followed by the link, then whatever comments you have on said stuff. that way whenever some new info comes out and people come into the thread, they can find it quickly!

Thanks all!

History and Fantasy are both great,
stop fighting

>Still using zombies late-game

user I....

>and judging by the sales that never matched Rome 2 they were right, a lot of people had left the ship.

What's really sad about this is that a lot of people didn't even knew/know that TW Attila existed.

add one!

>not using the best and cheapest tarpit in the game

Do you even vampires?

>Massively bloated monstrosities with vestigial limbs
so, americans?

hello autist!

Attila is my favorite honestly

They have said it's (so far, before Warhammer "we sequel not expansion now" is released) their most successful follow up game so I am fine with the normies not knowing

FACT: Old Ones are a failed and dead civilisation.

Whilst I'm sure what you're saying is probably true in regards to how resources are currently being used at CA, Warhammer was always going to be a three-part series released close together, they made this clear from pretty much the time the game was announced, certainly before it went on sale, so it's not a reaction to TW:WH's sales success.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXkWfEIALxM

Start from 10:40, he compares Warscape battle mechanics versus old engine battle mechanics

this video did more bad than good

>i-if i zoom in they 1 v 2 each other
huray?

>this is what med2 people unironically defend as superior

It's kinda sad, honestly.

Doesn't really apply for TWW and they reduced the chance of sync-combat-animations in Attila.

>tarpits

This isn't tabletop, you can't just tarpit an elite unit and wait for turn 6, late game units will chew through zombies pretty rapidly whilst sustaining minimal casualties and you've essentially wasted a finite army slot, that could have been filled by a grave guard unit that would 'tarpit' just as well and actually do some damage.

plus having to spam magic on them to stop them being wiped out in minutes

it's thanks to faggot like these that we no longer have sync unit animations
all because they couldn't fucking understand that the animations and the actual rolling dice to see who hit was separate

still there's 20 billion other sacks incoming, i think all the fucking chaos from the map is here.
I won't make it bros...
hold me pls

Take the age difference, the fact that the warscape games are almost as bad/as bad as the games that came out 10 years before says a lot about the shitty warscape engine. It didn't improve one bit, in some places it made it even worse

I wonder what really happened with that game. Wasn't it "outsourced" to Australia or something? I have some very fond memories of it and still enjoy it, but that game has some seriously disgusting flaws. On another level than rome 1.

>take complete and total conjecture from my part, some made up shit, and suddenly pre-warscape is totally better than what we have now I swear

No thank you.

I miss my pyjama warriors ;__;

Medieval 3 never tho.

Maybe we'll get a Pike 'n' Shot: Total War though which will include setting up colonies in 'Murica.

Warhams success came at a surprise though, they said so now that they are expanding the game and its potential

It was always going to be three parts, but its bigger now because of its success

I heard they showed some optimization improvements(charts) on the EGX presentation of TWW/TWW2

Is that true?

You're undead, just defence in depth, let corruption injure them for a turn and then bury them in disposable dead people.

Bigger how?

1 year development time bigger?

Oh sure, I thought you meant that Warhammer II was a response to that, my bad.

Probably not a good thing from history fans since adding more resources to the Warhammer teams likely means taking them from the History team. Gotta go where the money is though I guess.

Bigger how?
Bigger like my dick is compared to yours?

stop pulling things out your ass like your wife does my cock

They never said 'how', they just said the game was going to be bigger than planned due to their success.

Perhaps they never planned to do a unique campaign for W2 and thats new? Who knows.

I swear I'll kill each and every one of you

Even me, your beautiful thread-wife?

The fact that warscape engine has major flaws the predecessor engine managed to get right shows warscape is garbage

>muh vibrating units
>""""""major flaws"""""

My latest cheevo :)

You will be the first one to go

You do realize it's been done before with Dawn of War right?

How is that at all relevant?

Get your shit together Veeky Forums

>Probably not a good thing from history fans since adding more resources to the Warhammer teams likely means taking them from the History team.

We have no idea how it works. For all we know the money from Warhammer content creation team could have been poured into Halo Wars 2 and any other big project, even the history game team.

>Warhammer has gone to 1.4 million owners
>Attila has 800k, and it had a free weekend
Wew

Do you think it would actually help things to talk about my games more?

>not using elite units as a tarpet, because your army is all elite, so it doesn't matter who takes the hit first
Do you even strategy?

Fattila the Slob is not my hun

nigga i have 3 half dead (heh) stacks and there's like 15 more chaos ones incoming, all of them full