So how did it happen, Veeky Forums?

So how did it happen, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyletic_gradualism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuated_equilibrium
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well I like to stuff my cell phone in my ass sometimes

nobody really knows. under closer inspection evolution is biology's equivalent of "it just werks".

t. not a christfag

Some people had babies.
Some people died before having babies.

Gradual mutation over generations created progeny that were either better or worse at surviving in their environment long enough to reproduce. See above two steps.

Then God created Adam in his image, eventually killed everyone in a flood, you know the rest.

Stephen Jay Gould stated that “[t]he absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution.” This problem led to various failed attempts to save Darwin’s theory from the lack of confirming fossil evidence.

Stephen Jay Gould "Is a New and General Theory of Evolution Emerging?," Paleobiology, Vol. 6(1): 119-130 (1980).

Translation: They all know evolution is bullshit.

Aug. 23, 1999

Kekkin'

>why your cell phone stinks
wait, wat

On the off chance you've read the article you're citing, you know you're taking the line way out of context. When he says the lack of transitory fossils poses problems for
>gradualistic accounts of evolution
he means only
>gradualistic accounts of evolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyletic_gradualism
As opposed to the punctuated equilibrium theory, where development is largely in short bursts that would leave relatively few transitional fossils, between long periods of stability that leave many of the settled species.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuated_equilibrium
The rarity of transitional fossils doesn't challenge punctuated equilibrium theories of evolution.

You don't impress anyone when you cite things you haven't read.

>1980
You realize things have advanced since then, right?

>Quick! They've disproved our first lie! Tell another!

Your new lie is just as vapid and hypothetical as your first.

Not in Darwinian evolution they haven't. It's still completely bogus.

Remind me again, which came first? 1972 or 1980?

Gould's most significant contribution to evolutionary biology was the theory of punctuated equilibrium, which he developed with Niles Eldredge in 1972.

Who the hell uses purely Darwinian evolution anymore?

Butthurt ahoy :^)

Kill yourself, retard.

>Remind me again, which came first? 1972 or 1980?

I can't tell what you're trying to say here

Nobody on God's side ever "used" Darwinian evolution; it's a satanic masterpiece for creating atheists.

Evolution is a lie.

"Gradual evolution is false" was said 8 years after the man came up with another lie called "punctuated evolution".

Hey, guess what they're going to come up with next?

ID

Ok since this has devolved in shitposting I'll try it too

WE WUZ KHAAAAAANGZ N SHIIIIT WE BUILT THEM PYRAMIDS AYOOOOOOOOOOOO

Am I doing it right?

Unrelated to the subject at hand. Anyone got the flower color argument?

AYOOOO HOOOOOL UP THEM WHITEYS ARE A MUTATION WE WUZ THE ORIGINAL BLACKS, TRUTH HURTS, NEANDERTHAL WHITEY

>"Gradual evolution is false" was said 8 years after the man came up with another lie called "punctuated evolution".

"Gradual evolution is false" was the point he made in 1972 with punctuated equilibrium. The theories are mutually exclusive. It was still controversial in 1980, which is why it was part of the paper then. Punctuated equilibrium is basically an accepted fact nowadays afaik, it crops up on its own in genetic algorithms.

It didn't. Mankind is going through a kali yuga right now in which we are farthest from Brahma. We have gone through endless cycles of rebirth and death and earth has had many civilizations rise and fall across the various yugas. The ape men are just another manifestation of Brahma in ages long lost. They lived alongside modern man who has stayed mostly the same but rising and falling in spirituality throughout his dharma.

We wuz monkeys and shit

>comparing an insect to a FUCKING COMPUTER CHIP