>fast as fuck
>no steering rack at all
>fix it with a hammer
>there's a bike for every taste

At least give it a go while you're still young

>not swinging your leg over a classic motorcycle and riding down the coast

cars are to bikes what riding the bus is to cars

>manual
only a few people like that, for example everyone than isn't from burgerland and/or autistic

I like them in the middle of nowhere but they are too dangerous to drive in traffic

this

It only takes one dumbass to creme you across the pavement

License + shitbike is easily over 10k. I'm too poor.

I don't literally want to die.

what? License + Shitbike wouldnt be more than 5k
Even if you live in germany, with licenses expensive as fuck.

If you watch out and dont squid, you should be fine, always count on the stupidity of other people and ride defensive. Even if you crash you should have more injuries than some broken bones.

Shouldn't have*

In America, you can go to a weekend motorcycle class for 200, and not even have to take a test at the dmv.

You can find any old motorcycle that runs and drives for under 2000, and in special cases under 1000 if you're patient.

Throw in 100 for a helmet, 150 for riding boots, and 100 for a year of insurance and BAM, you have a motorcycle.

Can't take other people, can't haul stuff, safer. Bikes are cool and once I have the money and experience I'm planning on get one as a second vehicle, but cars are much more practical for city living.

>safer
Oops, meant to say that cars are safer

I live in Norway.
Germany is cheap as fuck compared to here. Even after our currency collapsed.

No way I'd get a license for under 4k.

This is exactly why I gave up riding the streets in favor of riding dirt. Way too many close calls with people not checking their mirrors when merging or turning in front of me because they don't anticipate how fast I really am moving

Get loud ass pipes and make sure you travel in places where people can see you in their mirrors. If anyone tells you that loud pipes don't help. They don't actually have loud pipes. I went from a quiet bike to one that requires earplugs to ride people encroach on my lane at a significantly lower rate. I feel like hidden drive ways in the middle of no where are more dangerous because people aren't used to paying much attention when pulling out of them.

t. Rides a Harley in the city.

Pipes point backwards, the people who are gonna kill you are in front of you

>he doesn't have loud pipes

In a low speed city environment they are easier to hear all around you. At a highway clip yes they are not heard until you are along side.

Truth user. I gave up riding on the street for this reason. You can be the best, most aware, safest rider in the world and some dipshit thot who is drunk and on their phone will run you over and there isn't shit you can do about it.

Plus sitting in traffic sucks ass. Especially in leathers and a full face. I stick to only tracks or dirt now. Probably not ever going back to the street until I move to the middle of nowhere.

>cars
>being more practical than motorcycles for city living

They keep you dry, that's it. I can do a week's worth of grocery shopping in one trip on my little 125cc shitbike. If you lived in an actual city with actual congestion you'd realize that cars are too big and clumsy to be practical daily transportation. They are more expensive and harder to park in a city. $150/year insurance for my bike and I can park it on the sidewalk, and filter through jams.
t. Lives in Boston

And if you want to carry anything more than groceries? Or take more people? I'm not saying bikes aren't practical, but most people have friends/family to transport with varying freqencies, as well as other things. Bikes make great, but I wouldn't ever own just a bike on its own.

OP, I looked at the bike in your picture, studied the engine layout, read up on it, found they made a turbo model in 82, and a 650cc turbo in 83. Scoured the classified and now I'm off to check out a 1983 CX650 Turbo. Thanks for this.

>Bike for every taste

Yes and what bike allows me to roll up to parties with 5 of my friends?

I do have a little 125cc Yamaha that I ride around during the summer. Gonna get something bigger once I feel I've got the cash to spend on getting the A-license and the bike

I do. I've ridden them for years. Cars are more fun.

because Tourist Trophy was too fucking hard

To be real, driving a bike is a lot more dangerous as well.

>with 5 of my friends?

Explain yourself, user.

>friends

I have a car for when I need a car, but a motorcycle makes 800% more sense for day-to-day commuting and errands. Also 75mpg city is no joke.
Frankly, I like not having the ability to carry tons of shit all the time. That way, people don't ask me for a lift (usually), and don't ask me to help them move their shit. I can still give one person a ride if they need it (I carry a spare helmet). I hate having other people in my car, dirtying it up and whatnot. I like my alone time, plus motorcycles are fun.

I've never been interested in bikes, until now. I keep informing myself about motorcycles and I'm thinking about getting a license. what are good bikes for beginners Veeky Forums?

read the sticki

sauce?

I daily'd a bike for about 5 years and have been riding them for 18 years. Bikes have negatives

>not matter how well you ride, some asshole can still kill you much easier than in a car
>rain is annoying
>hail is a bitch
>snow is lol
>it gets COLLLDDDDDDD as fuck in some places even with gear
>it gets HOOOTTTTTTTT as fuck in most places
>traffic sucks dick on a bike
>carrying anything sucks on a bike
>shopping sucks on a bike
>really long rides suck on a bike especially when you do them frequently
>tires get super expensive
>a bad part on a bike can literally kill you, less likely in a car

That being said, I love my bikes and all the ones I've ever owned. But they have downsides. On top of that though, if you've never ridden them, you're missing out.

In traffic more bikers die/get hurt from being rear ended actually. It's why some places allow lane splitting. And many after market and factory lights are starting to have this feature where they blink a couple of times when brake is applied to get peoples attention.

I just did permit, msf, licence, dr200, jacket, helmet, pants, gloves for 2.5k. unless you buy everything brand new you will be good to go for well under 5k.

Little Caprice I think

Tarbo boosa

>not matter how well you ride, some asshole can still kill you much easier than in a car

You have better visibility on a bike compared to a car, you can have a much higher understanding of the situation on the road.

>rain is annoying
>hail is a bitch
>snow is lol

All can be taken care of with proper gear

>it gets COLLLDDDDDDD as fuck in some places even with gear
>it gets HOOOTTTTTTTT as fuck in most places

same as above

>traffic sucks dick on a bike

lane split, don't be a squid amble along at 5mph ish faster than traffic until you it moves a decent clip then merge back in. I usually come back into a lane around 25-30mph.

>carrying anything sucks on a bike
>shopping sucks on a bike

depends on the kind of bike and what/if saddle bags you have

>really long rides suck on a bike especially when you do them frequently

riding my 80s race bike and driving my 90s shitbox race car any distance sucks equally the same. driving my 2011 ecobox and riding a modern bike is about the same for me.

>tires get super expensive

again that depends on what you are riding and how, sure if you have a Supersport or Literpeter and want the best rubber you are going to pay. but good sport touring tires aren't too bad money wise, and last a decent time, and usually have trick compounds that are good in the wet.

>a bad part on a bike can literally kill you, less likely in a car

this again falls on you the rider, pay attention to your bike and that won't happen.

>>manual

>His bike isn't an automatic

>scared of uneducated, distracted retards wiping you out with their landbarges
America problems 2bh.

gs500

If Veeky Forums rode bikes the way we drive cars we'd all be dead - or all of the interesting ones of us anyway.

I prefer being in a seat to being on a seat. Yes I've had time with both cars and bikes.

Kek

>want my M
>would have to retake my A and P endorsement

I'd love to but its absolutely not worth it for me

they're cool but not here in texas, it's hot as fuck. Need that a/c

really makes you think.

Nigga, i live in Norway too and a motorcycle license is barely even $2k and nigga, you can get a Honda CBR 600F for less than $5k

Easy to steal. RIP Bandit.

Dumbest rebuttals I have ever read.

At least it was just a bandit

Ever had one? Decent bike, quick-- no superbike but quick. I loved that fucker.

Doesn't matter, some shitcan sub 1000cc motorbike was on a 4 lane highway and I could hear his bike breaking my eardrums from 5 car lengths away in any direction.

>>fix it with a hammer
PLEASE DON'T

We don't need any more bubba'd bikes

fuck
I daily a 2gen bandit and I have the exact same cargo net too.

And yeah the top end is ho-hum but from 1000-7000 rpm it's a fucking railgun

WHAT

Damn, cool. I'm looking for another one. Fuel injected this time. A 1250. Fuckers are cheap if you catch a deal. There's a Bandit facebook page BTW if you didn't know. Lot of British blokes on it-- they love them over there.

All the tards that hate on bikes are too afraid to live life, and it manifests itself as frustration and anger.

this. dont ever daily a bike. source: i do.

If anyone wants one of these, search ebay for GS100A, it's a 5$ chinkshit LED brake light flasher (so get LED brake bulbs) that you wire between the leads (get diodes to wire inbetween while you're at it).

It won't help with retards on their phone, but at least you'll get the attention of those behind you on a sunny day.

>scooterfag
>anime
Low testo subhuman confirmed

Maybe one day...

>drive 120mph into oncoming car
>somehow your death is not your fault
This dumbass and his friend would've killed themselves with some other retarded shit like fucking horses or something, the cure for their dumb-disease came in the form of a Honda CRV bonnet.

>fix it with a hammer

pic related

Because I'm a pussy and I don't want to hurt myself.

Bikes are ok
....as toys.

My car license was 24k NOK.
I've already spent more than that on trying to get a motorcycle license, but I haven't even started on any of the obligatory stuff. Just lesson after lesson with absolutely no progress. I think I may not be suited to ride a bike. Maybe I'm literally retarded.

Usually because REEEEE MUH CAGE or REEEEEE TWO WHEELS BAD FOUR WHEELS GOOD, or REEEEEE MUMMY SAYS MOTORCYCLES ARE DANGEROUS

I don't want to get killed by a drunk 21 year old girl that's texting.

I wish I lived in the middle of nowhere, bikes are rad.

The CR-V was a divine intervention.

The leg you see in the background belonged to a church abbot, his brother is the one who tackled the CR-V.

>no cargo
>no passengers
>have to wear gear
>no stereo
>can't smoke a cigarette
>weather
>bees in helmet
>road debris/oil/sand
>soccer moms, teens, drunks, etc

Seems fun, but I don't believe it's smart or practical

You can get a nice, running Honda or Yamaha for 1-2k. I ride an 86 Shadow vt-700c. Love it to death. Bike cost me 900. It was in great shape, nice condition. I've been/am customizing it with a new paint job, saddlebags, extra storage bags, new seat, speed/tachometer, handlebars, the works, and Im currently raking out the front end to a stupid extend. All that shit only cost me about 400. So, so far in total im at 1300. The license is cheap too. If you can't afford a bike, you're probably too stupid to be riding one lol

If you're interested in riding, don't let ignorance stop you. Theyre suuuuuper cheap. look around, and don't buy a harley. Japanese are gonna be significantly cheaper and more reliable.

>1488 words

I do. I finally ponied up for motorcycle classes on June 12.

100 for a year of insurance? What the fuck are you smoking.

If there's one downside to bikes it's the fact that insurance will fuck you in the ass.

You should leave your mom's basement once and a while fella

Scout

>Harley
No

What's it like not knowing what you're talking about?

why would I want a manual motorcycle?

Because if its automatic it's a scooter.

Sorry, I'm a man, not a manchild.

Why wouldn't you? You want something to suddenly shift gears on you while you're leaned into a turn and won't let you get back up becuase lolnotorque?

You mean a boomer? Those are the only autis that get Harley

>Owning a Harley
>Not being a brandwhore manchild.

Pick one

Bullshit. Young people are actually buying Harleys nowadays.

If Harleys were priced at their quality I would fucking buy one.

>this
If you want a cruiser, get something thats not overpriced and broke all the time. Faggot

>buying
You meam the bank is buying them and people are going in debt for a faggot image

A young person on an iron 883 is countless times more embarrassing than a boomer on a 30k soft tail decked out in Harley merchandise

883 is what you ride when you absolutely need to let people know you have no idea what you're doing on your weekend only rides

Curb your autism

But yea it's for the image

Ok

I do, but it's scurry and I worried I'll fuck my shit up ;~;

I have autism because people put themselves in debt?
Alrighty

But i do.
I dont even have a car or license for one
>not DD'ing a cheap comfy naked with a sidecar

>sidecar
As bad as a trike. Absolutely disgusting