Who else is starting their humanities degree next week?

Who else is starting their humanities degree next week?

I'm so bummed. No more fucking around on Veeky Forums for, like, a year.

:(

What huge manatees dungaree are you doing?

I'm doing law

:(

good. escape while you still can. young shitposter

I'm a bona fide oldfag dude. I was here in 2008 actually.

So I'm the only person OTB that's going to university?

Wow.

I like thought all you guys had degrees and shit.

I'm studying CS. It's ok.

What is that?

Classical studies?

Jesus.

Are you gay?

Don't sweat it, you'll have more free time than you'll know what to do with. It's not constant balls to the wall studying

>humanities degree

enjoy working at burger king

>oldfag
>2008
>this is what shitters actually believe

Computer science. Not gay but it's ok. Would love to go into historical simulation.

what's the point of a humanities degree exactly?

Not an old fag and you've been on Veeky Forums since you were 10?

This desu. You can't unbecome a newfag. Newfag is a description of internet immigrants who came in 2007/2008 during a part of Veeky Forums's exponential growth and basically didn't assimilate to pre-2007 Veeky Forums.

If you weren't on Veeky Forums in 2007 or earlier you are eternally new.

Oh guiz. It's like you don't know I know the whole like chanology thing was in 2008

I got into leet tier UK uni 'cos I scored 38 on the LNAT. I know lol! I was surprised too! You wouldn't have thunk it, right?

>humanities degree

The only way to go is a STEM degree while doing arts/humanities in your free time. Enjoy flipping burgers m8.

You sound like a massive faggot OP. KYS

law isn't humanities you fucktard

>Huge manatees
>Law
Incorrect
>Starting Uni
>End of September
Where do you live OP?

Linguistics major here. It's better than Psychology or philosophy.

School is fun.

> board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

>Law isn't humanities
What's next economy isn't humanities either?

Starting CS in a week.

I do history as a hobby

If you're doing Law as an undergraduate you've fucked up already. Law schools really are not impressed with that

London.

I'm joining the philosophy club too.

Also, yeah law is humanities and comes under the social sciences.

I got in the third best law uni in the country and all because of Veeky Forums.

It's pretty lol really.

I'm doing History and English Literature access.

Why can't you use Veeky Forums? Do people take studying THAT seriously? That you can't do anything enjoyable for a year?

Nerd

I did access. A* x 3.

I'll use it; I was just fucking around.

Is Access as hard as they keep making out? I've just finished week one, seems okay.

I didn't find it hard but I had a good attitude from the start.

About 90% of my marks came because I turned up for every lesson and I paid FULL attention. Biggest common denominator amongst the others that didn't achieve was they'd just fuck around. Not turn up, turn up late, get involved in fights and group politics, sit in cliques. Just bullshit. So my best advice is soak the work and get as much out your time in lessons as possible.

Also, they have all the uncredited modules. Note taking, comprehension, etc. A lot of people ignore those or don't think they're important but I put in the exact same effort as I did for the credited work. I have good reading, writing etc skills but I still followed it all and did their recommendations and that definitely helped as well.

So I would say attitude and attention are two things if you set right at the start, you'll get similar results.

The work on the whole is pretty straightforward. The design of the courses is great too. I don't know what other subjects you're taking but I found with mine what you learn in one, you can apply to another.

If you find it fine now and you're interested in the work, yeah I think you'll do great. Really just go for it. I went in thinking I'd be cool with merits but I lasts aimed for distinctions. So just, you know, have serious faith in yourself and don't talk yourself into thinking you're dumb or whatever. I had to really struggle with that on every paper so I kind of proved it is just self delusion. You are smart, you will do it but just aim to do the best you can and be determined to have the right attitude all the way through.

Thanks, the tutorial classes, 4 a week are really annoying to me, they mess up my timetable, but i think i will keep going to them, the skills are good. Im just doing lit and history, 4 classes of each a week, it's just the head of access at the start going on about how tough and hard it will be etc, i think they try to make you overprepare

Yeah, they did that with us too. You have to bear in mind there's a lot of variety in personal histories and abilities on these courses and a lot of the younger kids have been expelled from school or have bad school and learning experiences. It was obvious to me at the start that all the scare talk is mainly aimed at them because for a lot of them it's a chance to get it right and these colleges get their funding largely to get this type through.

I would honestly turn up for every lesson. Try not to make excuses for yourself like it's far away or whatever. I learned a lot about myself personally on the course. Like I'm determined but also unconsciously convinced I'm dumb. You'll wrestle with a few demons but seriously get it right, you'll not only get the marks but you will get such a boost in confidence that in itself is the greatest feeling in the world.

Turn up, do what they say, deliver on your deadlines. And believe me these courses get A LOT of people into the 'elite' unis. I got offers from Kings, QML, the works. I couldn't believe it. But like I say, start with the right attitude and aim always for the best you can do, you'll do it.

Also you don't have to hard core work. Like I say, 90% of what I absorbed is because I focused in class. All the others would ask for print outs of the work or to have it put on the moodle but I took notes all the time. Come home and I'd paraphrase them into key points and then write a little essay. Not always but it's the paying attention in class that was the number one factor for me. And be cool and respectful to everyone. They write recommendations for you too so they'll watch you to see how you contribute and engage with others.

Alright thanks, sounds good, i already did an 11 week evening class at uni to prepare me, learned quite a bit from it, so far im really enjoying english lit, so if its fun, il do better.

Even if you're a full-time student, you should still have time for shitposting unless you're one of those poor fuckers who needs to read a chapter ten times to absorb its content, or thinks that a 5000-word essay is something that should take more than a night.

Ok, good stuff. It's hard in terms of self discipline but just go for it, man. What uni do you want to go to? We had three people - in other classes - got offers from Cambridge for English Lit. People sneer at these access courses but apparently the big unis like them because they're very dependable and the marking standard is extremely high quality. They're under funded and full of shit trouble makers these courses but believe me the tutors have very very high reputations.

>humanities
>studying hard

Holy kekus, I majored in Computer Science and I still had 8+ hours everyday to do whatever I wanted to.