/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread : NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png
>Picture of Floral Pants Man (and his sidekick)
i.imgur.com/cKTK7sI.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/2l1qk
strawpoll.me/12657842
streamable.com/yckn2
streamable.com/vpau4
streamable.com/hpat0
streamable.com/iabio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anal with Makoto!

>Anne is pain!
>Anne is cruel!
>Anne is malice!
>Anne is terrifying!
>Anne is suffering!
>Anne is creepy!
>Anne is a monstrosity!
>Anne is grotesque!
>Anne is crying endless tears!
>Anne is murderous!
>Anne is psychotic!
>Anne is a cannibal!
>Anne is all-consuming hatred!
>Anne is surrounded by the stink of rotting corpses!
>Anne is Death!
>Anne is an eldritch abomination!
>Anne is the harbinger of the end!
>Anne is April Fools!

Anne with Ann!

Gorodyne with Goro!

Wassup!? We're three cool guys who are looking for other cool guys who want to hang out in our coffee shop. Nothing sexual. Dudes in good shape encouraged. If you're fat, you should be able to find humor in the little things. Again, nothing sexual.

Good job.

>Makoto x Phantom
>Anne x Ryuji
>Futaba x Yusuke
>Haru x Goro

Daily reminder that this is the optimal pairing in P5

>April Fools
but what you said was all true

Ryuji tells Joker and Yuki stories about how he likes to get cucked!

>Ann
KYOU

Employment termination notice with Mai!

this

If I buy some shuake doujins, would any of you fujos translate them?

no

Didn't she get the job due to familial nepotism? Ain't happening.

Makoto x her job
Anne x Ryuji
Futaba x Joker
Haru x MakotoxHaru fanfiction
Goro x nobody
Yusuke x nobody

>change cooperation to confidant in localization
>still release theme that has "cooperation" on it in the west
good job

>KH
You better be playing Critical.

Persona Arena roster has leaked!

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

Makoto or Teacher

T. Guy who has avoided coverage of game

>dark cloud 2

my nigga

Why did they make the Suou bros and Reiji so dark?

Igor because he's the boss final

shading to make them look more menacing?

yukari's hormone replacement has not been going well

How long do you think Ryuji could last in bed with Ann?

>Katsuya
>menacing

I'm not defending it. I said it's around P3's level, which was another localization with problems, and P5's displaying largely the same problems as that game so far. But to address what you've said:
-The dub's a mess. I said that in the exact reply you quoted. The Igor voice filter is a problem, but that's also limited to the dub.

-Most of the main cast's way of speaking is actually fine so far. Yusuke has a couple of wonky lines, and they messed up the poem in his awakening (which would've been near-impossible to keep without rewriting it entirely), but it's only Makoto and Goro that are genuinely worrying right now (Goro more so). As for Ryuji, while things like the usage of words like "effin'/d-bag" instead of their written-out versions sound a bit odd, his overall speaking mannerisms still convey the same tone as his JP lines so far.

-Goro's scenes are one of my main concerns given how much they rely on small details and wording. If they really do end up screwing those up, I'd be one of the first to call them out in detail, just like I've been doing already.

I'm not even planning to buy the localization, I've had the Japanese version for months and would rather save my money for an eventual rerelease or expansion. I'm mostly comparing dialogue so people who do buy it can at least get an idea of what the issues in the localization are like, instead of relying purely on hearsay that may be downplayed or exaggerated.

Longer than you user!

More importantly, how faster PT cums in their orgy?

>Future Tone
Thumbs up

>avoided coverage of the game
Why did you come here then you dumb fuck? You're just begging me to tell you GORO is the traitor and IGOR is the final boss.

I want to be penetrated by an autistic fox

It is true Caroline and Justine confidant level is only available in New Game+?

No.

Ryuji cums faster of course, but Ann consoles him and offer to "train" him. Goro and Joker have a competition with each other, so intense that both Makoto and Haru scream with maximum pleasure. Eventually Goro cums and lose to Joker, the former sulks about it but Haru consoles and thank him for giving her the most memorable love-making. Joker thought he win and decides to cum a few seconds later, but Yusuke continuous grunt and Futaba's moan make him realize that he comes the second place. Yusuke finally cums last, but then confused by the staring of the guys at him. Futaba then brags to everyone that even though she has small stature, she still got more stamina than the rest.

Doing gods work, pls don't ever stop.

I stopped reading at Goro, I'll just wait until next general to come back

No. Justine and Caroline are available as a co-op even on a first playthrough. Their bonus boss fight requires being on NG+ and finishing their co-op, though.

I would lay on those Harus like a pillow.

how much milk does she have

user, I've seen rank 6 and 7 for Makoto. Want me to upload it for you? Thanks for everything btw.

What exactly was wrong with P3 beyond the Ken scene coming off as a little different which I never cared about because fuck Ken.

>but how could they even do that in English?

if our translation user can do it, it's not impossible

who waiting for digital release here?

pretty fucking painful because everyone else i know is playing since every store here sells the game.

I'm not envious of anyone playing with the dub.

Exactly. If you're not getting JP audio until 4/4 then who cares about getting it early

just put [IN JAPANESE] and [IN ENGLISH]

>Sadayo's Rank 10

Another ounce and the buttons on that shirt might burst.

The dubs fine. Some of the acting is meh but it's far better than the original in that ear raping abomination the Japs call a language.

I'M ONLY HUMAN AFTER ALL

streamable.com/2l1qk

I don't fucking get it. This scene lends itself really well to just making shit up. literally anything random Ryuji says would go well with the Anne facepalm. yet they went for it in the I ERM JAPANERSE scene and failed miserable, then backpedaled on what would have been an easy scene.

does atlusUSA legit have brain problems?

>"You're Russian Is Superb!"

>DAAAAAMN THERE'S BLACK PEOPLE IN HAWAII?!

Women in charge of localization. Women who aren't even speaking to one another.

Platonic penetration though, right?

>"HOLY SHIT ANNE, IS THAT YOUR EX?"

DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON ME
DON'T PUT YOUR BLAME ON ME

>DAMN ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO BE BLACK, INDIAN, OR MIDDLE EASTERN?

Preload is on for digital nerds

>We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children

What did Ryuji mean by this?

I'm not sure how much time I have left tonight to go over scenes in detail, but go for it. Worst case I'll just have to finish comparing them later tomorrow.

October 4th in general is a mess, not just for Ken (though he definitely got hit the worst in that scene). I went over that earlier this month here , but the thread's gone from the archive by now, so you'd have to dig up an off-site archive. Short version: lots of tone issues, quite a few missing details, some things toned down (some of the lines relating to Ken's suicidal tendencies and his motivation for revenge, Takaya planning on torturing Shinji if he didn't get an answer), and it all stacks up to make the scenes read very differently in the localization.

In general, though, P3 changed a few character's speech mannerisms/lines enough that it changed how they come across (Junpei and Yukari are the main examples, though others get hit with it in some scenes too), a fair few lines are clunkily translated or leave out details, there's some odd changes (Yukaricchi to Yuka-tan's one of the more innocuous ones), and it all adds up to a localization that ranges from meh to pretty bad. October 4th's just my go-to example because it's such a glaring example of those changes actually causing problems and affecting how western fans react.

Oddly enough, the newer parts in P3P are mostly better-handled from what I've seen, barring things like Ken's romance route for obvious reasons (and even that only changed the more extreme parts, it seems).

That he will personally find a good white bull for Anne

maybe

Hi, aloha

Hi, Hello [in Hawaiin]

>Shitty Australian internet meshing with shitty PSN servers
At least I'll be ready I guess.

what prefecture is persona 4 supposed to be in

DAAAMN, YOU SPEAK GERMAN!? [In Polish]

Yamanashi

strawpoll.me/12657842

Here is Rank 6, I'll upload 7 later.
streamable.com/yckn2

naturally

>DAMN, I KNOW HAWAIIAN?!

Platonic comforting and nuzzling with a traitor!

Oh, it's Heart Conduction and True End btw.

Wasn't there someone here who was going to upload those and never posted again? ;_;

my nip is extremely mediocre but goro's asking joker if he liked his fake personality better, and joker lists out curry ingredients and say that all of those things together make curry and says he likes all of him because all of goro's personality traits make him

Thanks, I'll go over it in a bit.

Not sure if I'll have enough time for full translations, but I could probably at least do a summary if that's enough for you.

>tfw in love

>tfw a male friend of yours is in love with you despite not having an once of sexual feelings for him

>tfw you're a cat

>notasgoodasyosuke

are the jap voices way more fitting and generally better than the dub again?

yes

of course but unfortunately the script itself has been so butchered you're still getting mangled versions of the characters

y e s

streamable.com/vpau4
streamable.com/hpat0
streamable.com/iabio

I found out how to launch the preload of P5.

>are the voice actors picked by the guy who designed the game's characters better than the voice actors picked by an American thousands of miles away that did not pay one ounce of attention to the game before choosing the cast out of their preferred employees?

gee user I don't fucking know, what do you think

damn that's smooth

Is this a FF reference.

just bought up PSN I think.

Guys I'm so fucking glad we're getting dual audio. if we weren't 90% of the posts would be fighting over sub v dubs and how subfags got btfo and shit. seriously, let's not take it for granted. we fucking won bros. and it only took 5 delays to happen.

No you didn't