I'm trying to do all the little things to de-shit my shitbox (05 corolla s)

I'm trying to do all the little things to de-shit my shitbox (05 corolla s)

How much of a pain in the ass is it to replace all of these side window weather strips? Same goes for the weather seals around the doors

Just sell it and get a 3k civic instead.

helpful

for real though, bump

What said.

god dammit

>de-shit my shitbox (05 corolla s)
sell it for a Honda

>""""""S""""""

it's sporty

>it's shitty
fix'd

2 simple steps.
1. Sell Corolla
2. Buy RSX or Civic Si

fuck you it's got an S and S stands for sporty so my car is sporty, fuck you again

but i trust my car, it's got literally nothing wrong with it apart from peeling clearcoat, fucked up weatherstripping, OBDII code P0171 BANK 1 TOO LEAN, and a mild power steering fluid leak

>130hp
>0-60 in nearly 9 seconds
>Top speed of 100mph

excuse me but it has in S in the name and a rear spoiler and little side skirts so it must be sporty

nah but for real i'm just trying to make it less of a shitbox for the next year or two before i'm ready to get something good, i've been driving this thing since high school (2007). so i just want to fix up the little nagging issues like weather seals.

nobody has answered my question :(

That's because this is Veeky Forums. You don't get answers, you get heckled. Nerd.

this. Veeky Forums is meant for shitposting

all i wanted was to know about weather seals

You learned a more valuable lesson than that.

i think we've all grown a little today

Not hard just do it

you done it in the past? I'm having trouble tracking down anything resembling OEM; is generic alright?

notice the 21 posts and 6 unique posters in the thread (as i write this)
this board is dogshit OP

This. I've tried many times to start decent threads and they get derailed by shitty overused memes instantly.

nah it's not that bad, i'm having fun
i'm confident i'll get some kind of answer eventually

thats because almost everyone on here either rides the bus, drives their mom's car or owns a front wheel drive economy car and want to feel like car enthusiasts by parroting misinformation since they have extremely limited real world experience

better than that

watch a video

It

its not hard just get it done already

>Top speed of 100mph
I've taken my LE up to 105. Stay triggered

They make rolls of rubber for this. You might be able to find pre cut ones specifically for your car but they're more expensive

yeah see and mine's an S which mens it's sporty so it should be even faster

i thought the S stood for slower tho?

Wow amazing

What is the "s" for is it faster than non s models

Why is my '93 Corolla in better shape?

My slushbox is rwd thank you very much

It's pretty fast!

It's easy OP.

Buy new ones at the dealer.
Roll down the window, remove old seals from the channels in the window opening, and pull the rubber upward out of the window channel in the door.

Put some dry silicon lubricant spray on the rubber for the new weather strip and push it down into the window channel making sure that it is correctly sliding over the glass. A little patience here, but it should only take 10 minutes total.
Once it is pushed down far enough in the front and the back of the window channel, insert the rubber in the channel along the door frame. No adhesive needed.

jesus christ finally, thank you

it's for people who play sports

It's not faster. It's just a higher trim with more options included plus a stupid spoiler and skirts so that it looks like the XRS. The XRS is the one that is actually faster but they made very few of them and I think boyracers have wrecked all of them.

it NEVER goes this easily.

Either I've got shitty hands, or mitsu's suck balls. I ALWAYS have to pull the door panel and end up pulling/pushing it with window at different heights. Sometimes you can remove the glass and install the weather stripping on its own, othertimes weather stripping MUST be installed with the glass in.

If anybody here has a current gen lancer, roll your driver's rear window all the way down then roll it back it up. If it goes slow, or the window looks weird as it goes up, its under 5 year warranty and they've got an updated part number. protip, they're a pain in the ass.

ah, so beautiful
so sporty