>set in a few major cities around the world
>travel to them in your car
>nothing but other online players and a few NPC
>street race people
>modify your car
>get reputations in cities as you race
>run from NPC cops
>basically wangan midnight meets wow meets GTA
>your avatar just walks around car "meets" in the game and you have to walk back to your car and race people you meet

>>online only
fuckin dropped

>online only
"no"

Test Drive Unlimited 2 was sort of like that.

>not playing on PC with glorious online only mode

Go away xbox

Most internet connections are not good enough that racing online is always shit. Local multi or single player only, please.

>online only
>dependent on platform
what the fuck am I reading

>implying you xbox boys aren't spotted out anywhere

There's already a million of those games. I want something new and different. I want WoW with cars damnit!

>implying you xbox boys aren't spotted out anywhere
The newest console I own is a fucking Gamecube.

>I want something new and different. I want WoW with cars damnit!
Protip: If your idea can be described as "Game X but with Y," it isn't new and different.

I want WoW with cars

That's just not true. Mixing things that have never been mixed before makes it new and different. If someone made
>GTA
>with Halo
>with Spades
>with DOTA
>with 18wheeler driving simulator
>with ratchet and clank
inspired game play, then it would be both new and different fuck face.

>no car is new or different because they are all based on car.

Sounds alot like burnout paradise

So you mean The Crew, or NFS World, or any of the number of other games that tried to make an MMO-racing game and all of which are dead?

Instead of just saying 'with X' define how you're actually mixing them. That sounds like a horrible combination regardless, though.

this

online only is cancer

uuhh theres been a lot of car mmos and they all fail

drift city was similar to that save for the fact that it was a fantasy world and had cartoonish graphics.

i believe the game has been dead for a bit now, but it was quite fun while it lasted.

You used to play DC? I did as well. Since 2007 first day of beta until March 21 2016!

What was your ign?

>>online only
Fuck off, give me local singleplayer when I want to.

Drift City was the best game. It had everything you described.

RIP DRIFT CITY.

WoW doesn't require nearly as low of a ping to be playable. Racing games suck with even the slightest bit of delay.

:_(

RIP

Carbon Alpha, Carbon Beta, ultra pro docks, hyper pro docks

I spent so much money for these

All my mitos gone forever :((((((((

Yea there's The Crew.

TDU was a bit like that.
The BIGGEST problem with car games is that we are not in the 00s anymore, it's a relatively niche genre now just like fighting games, kids today play FPS/MOBA/survival games.

It's a bit like music, every generation has its tastes, the good news is that car games are probably the ones benefiting the most from VR with space sims (which are making a little comeback too) so it's not foolish to assume someone will try to do a street racing game meeting your expectations in the future.