/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Did a SL1 run:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/hwrfpz.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

a.pomf.cat/hwrfpz.webm

Check out my really cool kill

what souls game would be ideal to git gud at?
and what build would be the ideal way to git gud?

First for Midir a shit

NUKE ALL CANADIANS

How's my fash?

Why do Canadians love DaS2 so much?

Anyone know how to fix random game freezes? I had to start over due to my hard drive fucking up and deleting my gamesave and I can't get past the Cathedral of the Deep because the game keeps freezing. Any help at all would be extremely helpful.

Does anyone want to help me fight Wolnir?

After playing all the other Souls games, I feel like I haven't learned much because DeS is beating my ass

Fashionable. Would summon.

Yo, is there a mask is ds3 that covers the face but leaves the hair exposed?

Been running with the blindfold mask because Im pretty sure that's it, but is there something else I'm missing?

>tfw only one summon in 2 hours as a Spearfag
>it was a 4v1 that I absolutely destroyed with almost no help from the Painting Guardians
Who /ProjectedHeal/ here?

Anyone on ps4 care to help me finish Demon Prince?

Prefer a mercury pestilence build or bleed build due to my sl.

Ragged Mask, but it leaves your eyes exposed.

Updated the tier list to include the DLC weapons and patch changes now. Feel free to offer up thoughts.

>host has 3 phantoms
>use havel's greatshield
>LITERALLY invincible to all physical damage

YAMETE

The fight is
Step 1) Stand in front of his face to hit it, he'll probably slash at you or bite
Step 2) Go wack his tail as he breathes fire underneath himself or some shit
Step 3) Dodge tail whip, he'll turn around for you to wack his face again

Rinse. The only thing I dunno what to do about is laser sperg because shit is everywhere and hits for 1k. Is it fire or dark damage?

Been using greatswords most of the game and been wanting to try out spears/halberds. I have a faith build and just beat the Nameless King. Anyone here like the swordspear or dragonslayer spear? Is there anything better?

Female thief mask

currently SL 99. did everything and then most of NG+

would being 120 really have more activity? seems so...arbitrary.

Not anymore. It doesn't work like it used to, it just looks like the male variant now. The Black Leather set does still change though.

The problem is that it's ridiculously slow even with two +9 Simples equipped, you'd take like a full minute and a half just to regenerate the FP you used up on a non-caster WA-using character, during which you'd be unable to engage in combat due to having shitty non-quality scaling weapons.

Sure, there's Aldrich's Sapphire and Executioner's, but the former requires ripostes and backstabs, while the latter is pretty heavy and cumbersome if you're not using it as a primary weapon. Neither are as convenient as Sun Princess either.

If you're dungeon crawling then HP replenishment is good enough to heal off chip damage and save Estus, but FP replenishment is far too slow for how much FP gets used in most situations.

crucifex of the mad king is a tier 1 str/faith weapon

I'm not sure how that would be much of an improvement since all magic (and weapon arts) would still take from the same resource pool.

>tfw ng +10
>forever stuck at midir

I'll check it out, assuming its in the DLC. I haven't downloaded them yet

Booting up the Gameboy.

>Vordt's that low

I sure do love those antiquated set saggy tits

Thanks anons

I hate Dark Souls now.

Vordt's is still a Great Hammer and in meta level PvP most people have about 39 Vigor. That's not enough to trigger Vordt's Frostbite in one combo usually meaning its lower relative AR standout more. If it can inflict it becomes much better but the inconsistency of it places it where it is now.

>reinstate the kings decree
>i am shira, daughter of the duke
Who is the king and who is the duke?

>Crucifix of the Mad King is one of the best weapons in the DLC
>you get it at the very end

Thank God for CE. Also fuck Cockeater Midir.

In Dark Souls 3, why is it that there are like 10 different weapons that allow you to cast sorceries but none that allow you to cast miracles?

remember all those das2 is better than 3
they were all by canadians
gwyn
unknow

Yeah simple infusion is complete shit compared to Old Iron Crown. That thing restored massive amounts of spells because of the way attunement increased not only how many slots for spells you have but more spells for each slot as you increased attunement.

You could pretty much cast magic indefinitely with that thing on.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seathe? I don't know. Wasn't there only one duke in the whole series?

this dlc was really good, bloodshits are just jelly

What puts Gael's GS above the others? I haven't seen it much so I'm not sure what makes it the standout

Duke Tseldora.

rate my le fashion

King is Gwyn.
Duke is Seathe. Seathe was a huge whore.

>sidebar

do you partake?

King Gwyn
Duke Pygmie

>meme mask
Nonexistent/10

But Bloodborne got the greatest DLC From has ever created. Dark Soul's DLC comes in a close second.

For a brief period during DS2, faith was very strong. So now it doesn't get to be fun, strong, or interesting ever again. The 'hexes' treatment.

>Notes on the side
Never mind

Why is Flamberge midtier? Does the damage suck at high levels?

mad king was manus

That attack can one shot if you land on top of it.

I like the idea of the fp system, but it should be reworked to fit the game better
It should refill automatically like stamina, just at like 20% the speed or something
They're never going to be able to actually balance magic by limiting the amount of it you can do, because there's no single sweetspot in the casts available to damage needed between refills that will work in even most scenarios. It will always be either garbage and not worth using because you might as well just mash r1 with a sword for free instead, or launch DS2 where you got 300 lightning spears and never had to think about it, for at least part of the game.

Making it work more similarly to stamina would mesh naturally with the rest of the game's design. You could either dump your entire fp bar for damage right away and then have to wait, or pace it so that you're using it roughly as fast as it regens and always have magic when you need it.
Of course, the biggest problem is just that the spell design is mostly boring shit, but they don't seem willing to change from Kinda Big Hefty Soul Arrow etc

this

>wanted to help
> mfw I remembered I just ng+ so I could respec and alter appearance

Fuck

How clerics should be in the game.

Noticed how the only 2 NPC/enemies in the game get those funny hats? Pilgrims and Clerics.

Could it be that both are corrupted clerics by the dark?

So shira has been around since das1? Lots of old people in this dlc

Mean these Millwood knights are already really anti-dex enemies.

a fucking leaf

This DLC just brought up a million more questions instead of answering any.

Worse than Claymore AR with a Bastard Sword moveset and Bleed that won't matter shit after the base bleed and Rouge nerfs in the last patch. It's still a decent AR greatsword but there's nothing special about it now sadly.

Anyone else really enjoy fighting the Ringed Knights?

Reminds me of my first encounters with the Black Knights in DaS

>tfw waiting by a boss door for an hour with finger and no red invasions, no summon signs

d e d

>mfw beating some slut with that set
>mfw imagining my character slapping the shit out of those pathetic saggy tits and then titfucking her
literally loud nigra-levels of boner

>made my girl too thick and buff
>looks weird in Desert Pyro

Cancer angels a best.

Shira's Crown has a pearl from a Man-Eater Clam. That's a pretty direct connection to Seath.

For those of you asking, "Then why isn't Shira a half-dragon?" Keep in mind that he's Seath the SCALELESS, so he was probably mutated like fuck to the point where Shira would have no draconic features.

Also, Zullie please hack Shira's face data like you've done for all the other NPCs, I am interested and curious even though she isn't that good looking.

>oh shit, my first ringed knight, I've heard they're damn tough
>circle, dodge as it attacks, backstab
>charged R2 as it gets up, roll away
>circle, dodge as it attacks, backstab
>huh, that was anticlimactic

Murky staff is worse than Izalith staff (at 45/45) and Caitha's chime is only good for Gnaw and Lifehunt (the latter of which is garbage)

Go onyx with dark pyromancies or onyx with izalith staff + great soul dregs and affinity. Murky short scythe is pretty good dark infused too.

We needed s ring that let you pay for weapon arts with HP.

The other nice thing about this is that then Ashen Estus becomes a tool to quickly replenish FP so that you can blow a huge load in a short amount of time, in case you need to take down an enemy super fast. Though the bottleneck then becomes your stamina, since casting spells still uses up an absurd amount of that.

What soul level has the most build variety?

Gotthards should be above one tier. It outclasses weapons in its own tier. Also don't think Demon's Scar is good enough on its own to be next to the others. Why isn't Twin Princes GS bundled up with the rest?

>even though she isn't that good looking.
Nigga I will put you in the ground if you talk about my faithfu like that again.

TRC + AoA are great, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Old Hunters is one of the best DLCs ever made.

>trying to get summoned for Spear of the Church
>covenant equipped
>red sign placed in hard to reach place
>STILL get summoned in by random mouth breathers who want an honorabru dueru
FUCK OFF AND LET ME SPEARBONG IN PEACE
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nah a crown or ring with massive or % based fp regen could have been good.

As it is now simple caestus is too weak.

Arbalest or Avelyn? Or Repeating?

For Fashion

Piligrims aren't clerics
those hats can be used to store shit you know
like a backpack

But Priscilla has dragon features.

>Silly size queen has never had to actually deal with one that's oversized.
It's not really fun, it really can hurt.

Gotthard's is great and has the longest SS R1s but lacks damage compared to a refined Longsword/Lothric Knight Sword at 40/40. Plus it loses Stance. Demon's Scar's damage is alright on its own but its ability to combo a Black Flame from an R1 is what puts it in high-tier. Twin Princes GS just does alright damage without the WAR1 which has very noticeable wind-up along with a Bastard Sword moveset, it's good but not great imo.

>tfw no samurai jack this week

What stats would you guys recommend for Dragon Midir? I'm rocking a level 90 with 50 faith so naturally a Dragon weak against lightning only takes 100 damage from my +10 L'Claymore attacks! Meaning I need to hit em about 158 times. Not happening.
Tried knights c'bow with Lbolts but it was meh, L arrow faith was nice but too easy to miss and required too much ashen to stay alive.
Can't do bleed with Gnaw, the only thing faith actually has.

SOOO
Most bang for my buck on a repsec? What weapon and stats?

The covenant sign says it's automatic. Are summon chances higher if you put down a red sign?

Repeating so you can be the gangstar you were meant to be

You missed my underlying point because I didn't elaborate enough

The HP ring would free up the entire weapon art system to players who aren't specced as a caster while also allowing clever mages/clerics to swap it on and off as needed

Is there anyway to increase the tit size, asking for a friend.

Since fp seems to be a problem I'm wondering if its ever worth it to go for the fp soft cap since you don't see massive fp gains until high attunement.

Should I kill the dragon before touching the princess ?

>Spears of the Church fight

Not gonna lie, this shit's pretty cool even though I died as a phantom

May as well go Light if you're not going to actually use it. Arbalest is kind of obnoxiously big when you put it on your back.

>Men don't have small dicks. Women have big vaginas

It literally doesn't help. As a Spearbro, I will continue to summon you retards until you learn.

guys ?

DSA with lightning blade should bump you up to at least 200 at +9. Bring lightning storm or stake and drop it on midir if he stays still long enough

That's what I'm talking about