What is the best SUV on the market today and why is it the Toyota 4Runner?

What is the best SUV on the market today and why is it the Toyota 4Runner?

Inb4 anally-devastated Jeep shills and "but muh solid front axle tho." Gtfo Fiat garbage.

Also general modern off-road vehicles discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

usawork.cn.to
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

4th gen whaddup. I'm still not sure if I like the 5th gens. They look great from the front and rear, but from the side, they look.... overweight

2000s car faces: Angry
2010s car faces: Constipated
2020s car faces: Anguished

Not sure if replying to bait but....

friend of mine just got one of these, the "off road" edition. I think they drive great and it's pretty much one of the few real SUVs left that isn't muh crossover

Are there any truck-based small SUVs left on the market?

The 4Runner and Wrangler (lmao FCA) are the only ones that come to mind.

as a resident of Colorado I have to wonder why everything that says "TRD" on it is piloted by such a cocky, stupid asshole? since you seem to be a fan of this vehicle could you possibly shed some insight?

It does look distinctly burger.

>t. transplant

There literally is not a good SUV on the market today. None of the vehicles within the classification are remotely related to the original intention of the concept. They're all overcomplicated pavement pounders that make an eight inch lifted Silverado seem reasonable.

A Grand Wagoneer is an SUV. A Scout is an SUV. A K5 is an SUV.

The 4Runner? The Wrangled? They're overpriced garbage selling the illusion of Sports Utility. They're glorified Lego sets that look neat, but aren't what you'd call structurally sound.

The Suburban? The Durango? Fucking minivans with V8s.

Any "high-performance" trim will have that

been here longer than most of these fucks

specifically Toyota owners though... 4Runners, Tacomas, Tundras and FJs all act like they're the most important fucking people on the road. they make Audi drivers look nice.

Just buy an old suburban. Whatever money you saved from not buying a new 4runner can make a monster rig.

Personally I think 5th gen is best gen, but imo there isn't a bad looking 4Runner. Tried and true platform.

Someone is bootyblasted.

Wranglers do just fine off road btw. Stock wrangler vs stock whatever other vehicle in its class, the wrangler will probably off road better. If you want to get into mods, vehicle make doesn't matter anymore.

I like it because it's a truck based suv with a somewhat real 4x4 system. But $50k cdn for a not even 300hp suv? Nah. That kind of money gets you a full sized domestic truck and a bed cap. Don't you also have to get the TURD version to get a locking rear diff?

right now basically.

We'll see what the Bronco revival brings

>4runner
>Not a real suv

>See Africa

New cars....

Buy a older 4runner, Jeep, SuBIRBan, or 4wd truck. And the build a monster rig

Also landcrusier

new 4runners are too large and are mall crawlers at this point

How bad is the new Bronco going to be?

And will the Raptor be over $70,000?

>45k for a slow small bad fuel economy nip shit suv with cloth interior and a fake ass hood scoop

Have fun desu senpai

4runners are cool, sellin this thing atm

Not hard to find a good FJ. the FT-4X might fit the bill in a few years but I dont know too much about it.

the Raptor has been on dealer floors for about 6 months now. price is anywhere from 48-65k depending on cab and options.

>Jeep wheels
>Hankook tires
>Fuel decal in the middle of windshield

good job being a huge faggot

>cheap and great offroad
>aftermarket support

Why wouldn't you buy an xterra?
Too bad nissan killed them off.

Good luck with the 3.5.

Bad enough to make Consumer Reports declare the brand new Tacoma the worse midsize truck. 4Runner only avoided the midsize SUV title because it had the good grace to be in the same category as the Dodge Journey...

Toyota 4Mergerd

You have a paypal account.. in the event if you have you can add an additional 300 week after week in your revenue just working on the internet 3 hours every day. check this page
>>>>>>usawork.cn.to

why is it so angry at me?

not really. its the 6x6 G63 AMG

I'm talking about the Bronco Raptor.

What year 4runners have the automatic transmission with a sealed timing chain?

I assume these will last way longer than a timing belt, and probably dont need replacing.

>4 Runner
>Africa

We got no 4 Runners here. The closest thing is the Fortuner which is a totally different beast.

Because you haven't woken up to the fact that the government is putting steel beams into your drinking water to make you pay taxes.

I did, have an 05 manual that is great. Wouldn't like it as much with auto, the 6spd is so nice.

>Suburban for 4k
>30k in mods
>???
>FUCKING PROFIT

>What is the best SUV on the market today
Toyota Landcruiser.

2nd Gen 4runner checking in

>best suv
>not saying it's the FJ200 or FJ70 landcruiser

K

old ones however...

buy a 3rd gen Pathfinder instead

Obviously Im wrong, but I was under the impression all Toyota truck/suvs had chains instead of belts?

Nah, Trails or TRD OFF ROAD trims have the e-locker. Costs about $1500 more than a sr5 and you get all the other off-road goodies and the optional KDSS. These are not to be confused with the TRD PRO which costs 5 to 6K more and comes with different paint, slightly different trim, 1-inch lift and different shocks and springs.

>t. 2016 trail owner.

I drive a Ford Explorer and I love it so much but I'm getting 12mpg and I have to look for alternatives, but it's so comfy and so capable. Can Veeky Forums help me?

4runners are so expensive in leafland ;_;

That's not a diesel land cruiser

I think 4runner 2005, is belt not chain... maybe a few more years as well. OR, it could be the v8 is chain and the v6 is belt... waiting for some owner to set it straight.

Umm buy a patrol instead. Beast of a full size 4WD. Nothing has been close to the Y61 since it went off the market.

Buy a Tundra, TuRD Pro' s are few and far between... Dealer marketup, so forth.

Had a 4runner limited for a while and while it was a great vehicle, it has its issues... Small center console headunit was one of them.

12 ain't that bad

Anybody else looking forward to the diesel Wrangler?

Clean af senpai

It's bad when gas is $4.31/gallon in leaf land

>interference engine
>offroad
great, so when the timing chain breaks, im stranded in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

Wanting to pick up a TJ Wrangler soon. It'll be my only vehicle, so I'm going to DD it. Any offroading will be desert running, no real crawling.

Wanting to stay under $10,000, manual, 6cyl. What to look for or stay away from? Is it ok to pick one up at 150,000mi, or is that too high? Safer to stay closer to 100,000? CL in my area has a few high mile TJs with recent clutch replacements, so that would be convenient.

Mine is ok but the interior in my 2003 is really bad even fully loaded and it has no power 180hp 3.3l

2002 Xterra here, no mods or off-roading, just a regular ol' family car. The most I do with it is strap some bikes to the back.
Is your ceiling coming off? Mine is, along with my friend's Xterra. Always messes up my damn hair. Also, I agree. No power. I'm getting a goddamn V8 in my next car. Mine is a free hand-me-down, so I can't complain too much, but it seriously has no guts. It's unresponsive, and I really need to put my foot down to do anything urgent. Also, it's cramped. A Scion xB has twice the leg room. I'm not a big guy, either.

Unless you have a spare chain then you'd still be stuck.

How's the Toyota Sequoia? I want something reliable that's bigger, more powerful, and just...cooler than my Xterra. Seems like a solid choice. Big old honkin' V8 to mix things up from the stupid slow milk carton that is my Xterra.