Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhR_DguyDm4
twitter.com/StudioS_ShiN/status/848159471637377024
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how do i get good at fighting games? been playing on and off since 09 and i still fucking suck.

>top tier in april update
>honest zoning

playsim

pls respond johnnyfags

dontplaynecalli

Kemono fighting game when?

is leo fine though?

Buy Morrigan's game

I take it Capcom is apologizing for neutering Dhalsim's toolset in SFV.

Woshige was a mistake.

Who the hell thought that Dhalsim needed a special cancellable low?

fuck off 09'er we are FULL

I dont play anime, go for it

wud play!!

no way man im not going back to SRK

i mean, by sfv standards his moveset wasnt too bad

he lost upflame (which was absolutely useless in sf4 when not using the ex version) and gained gale, which is a VERY useful special

now that he has a special cancellable close low he's pretty much complete

youtube.com/watch?v=zhR_DguyDm4
twitter.com/StudioS_ShiN/status/848159471637377024

Soon!

>honest
>full screen normals

The removable of the back normals though was a big deal. He lost a lot of his whiff punish and counter poke tools as well as all of his lows except for unsafe slides. Plus his anti air normal game suffered in a game where jumping like a fucking idiot is encouraged, AA st.LP only goes so far.

his anti-air game is fine in sfv, its just more diverse than sf4 (where b.hk was basically the god knee)

b.mp, st.lp, b.hp and super are all solid, and slides still low profile jumps fine

Reminder that Mika will stay top tier in the April update

Playmika

LOCALS
O
C
A
L
S

seriously though, playing with other people face to face is way more productive than hunting online for small bits of tech

I've learned the marjority of what I know from just asking questions from the better players at my locals and from grinding matches against them

Last time I played SFV, Chun was top tier. What the fuck happened?

I mean, what character didn't Capcom neutered in SFV?

I think only Birdie and the shotos minus Akuma got a fairly accurate representation of their movesets. The rest are either redesigned or nerf-galore.

How's the frame data on that thing?

Tekken isn't anime...

A patch that made IA legs shit

Her IALL got rightfully gutted

She doesn't get a sideswitch mixup off of AA st.lk

Still an extremely solid character but not nearly as goofy as S1

7f startup
-1 on block
+2 on hit
+4 on counterhit
special/super/v-trigger cancellable

I suppose that's good because I could never do IA legs. Although I'll miss that AA. Probably my second favourite after SF4 Balrog's c.HP

No way this move doesn't get nerfed before the patch comes out for everyone.

I mean, yeah, but other characters transitioned better. Cammy, Balrog, Guile, etc. came out just fine even though they really kinda got fucked as well. SFV in general is just frustrating because everyone got fucked but anyone can work because the game system encourages so much randomness and mashy gameplay, and because everyone got fucked there's more stuff that characters just can't deal with because their tools were either removed or nerfed heavily.

dissidia fighing game when??

>akuma j.lk stuffs some characters AAs too fucking reliably
>b-hp trades in goofy ways with a lot of j.hks

I just want AA's to work cleanly in this game holy fuck

I feel scrub as fuck but just repeatedly trying to tokido people and not getting disuaded by getting tagged out of the air and then rewarded when it finally slips though is fucking disgusting

wud play!!

SFV was a mistake.

It's nothing but dash 'n mash.

Dissidia isn't a fighting game.

How the fuck do I put custom art on my Panthera?

it's almost entirely from the input lag as well

2-4f is acceptable but 8/6.5 is just awful

Jumping lights feel way too good for some reason.

Your game has NO neutral. All of the characters are MASH AND DASH AND SMASH BORING JUMP INS, no aas, NO FUN, no combos, no fucking execution, no depth, and shitty netcode (worse than sf4 and sfxt and even fucking mk at launch and HAS NOT GOTTEN BETTER). The new characters are lame, the old characters were ruined, there are too many nerfs, and the BUFFS are retarded.

I can't find one redeeming thing about the game. Most of the music is shit and the graphics arent even better than KI.

Stop playing this trash. It will never ever get good. Season 2 is even WORSE balance wise and fun wise; how did they even achieve that?

Stop defending Capcom. Play other games.
SFV is fucking shit. I've never seen so many pros shit on a game:

>Xian
>Luffy
>Tokido
>Kbrad
>Du
>Chen
>David
>Sajam
>Tasty steve
>Mike ross
>Gootecks (who wont admit it but looks depressed now)
>Li joe
>Panda x gaming
>Sherry nhan
>Momochi
>Ricki

The only defenders are Justin Wong and a bunch of asians who want to make money from the game,but are too afraid to speak their mind. Oh wait, not even Justin Wong defends it anymore. What a mess.

Stop playing sfv.

I think that even if they make the input lag more tolerable and reduce it down to the general standards for fgs (so 4 frames), it still wouldn't make the game less offensive.

This is how they built the game.

best footsies/poke game in sfv?

I play elena in 3s/u4 and i'm just coming to V.
I had heard laura, but her actual play style seems so wildly different from elena's, all mix-ups and mind games and pressure with no really good footsies (granted i've just barely learned her)

i was thinking juri, but i don't want to waste my fight money if i'm wrong

this desu

but remember, framedata wise, a lot of this dash up and do shit out of nowhere would never work if the game didn't give the opponent an input lag buffer to exist in

Ken's would never use his v-skill if the input lag didn't make it hard to reactively punish it

So much of the "defensive neutral" is making guess reads instead of careful reactions because of it

fucking chun li
like half of her buttons are solid pokes

Laura isn't that much about footsies, she is more about conversion.

Juri is more footsie oriented but she sucks a lot. I think Karin and Cammy are the best candidates for you.

karin
chun

man i always avoided chun in 3s since she was so broken, but i'll try her and karin out
thanks yall

I main Lightning

They can just remove FANG and Juri from the roster, at this point.

When's eLeague's final day?

Maybe they'll reveal something at the end of it.

>tfw to intelligent to play games I like instead of posting about games I hate

how much will tekken grow due to PC launch?

I know a lot of people who will play 7 on PC as their first Tekken.
So I assume it will grow a ton.

huge casual market.
almost no competitive growth.

Depends on how lewd the mods will get

dank#memesare

The middle of May, going to be awhile.

0.8% at best.

Are the international players just flying back and forth every week?

"""""May""""" update was almost a year ago

I'm about to update May's marital and virginal statuses in said order.

What is this picture trying to convey?

The US players and commentators are, so probably.

>season 2 is even worse balance wise
is this a copypasta? lol

We get it bouken, you're gay

>Brick is a pedophile
what a shocker

This guy the only guy who does may pics.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt on sexualizing a child desu.

I still don't get what she's doing though, I'll assume the speech bubble says "show me your belly button"

May is a grown woman.

I wish Kim Wu was a guy or like Kim wu the ancestor from long ago communis with her make descendent.

lmao that's some gay shit

r. mika is ass

Putting some order in my webm folder and I'm finding all this old stuff

tfw Ono prevented me from playing SFV because he knew I would be too good and win every event

I had a dream that Tekken 7 was out and I was practicing in training mode

I was so happy, but then I woke up into this harsh reality where SFV is king and Tekken 7 will get delayed again

If you guys don't buy Baiken's game, you're literally killing fighting games

I refuse to believe as many people are excited about T7 as appear to be on Veeky Forums. I've never met a casual acquaintance who played Tekken past PS2 because they chose to.

nice highwaystar webm

only 2 months to go stay strong user

trainingboarin in marvel is fun
FUN

Nice did you find any new tech to keep umvc3 alive for 10 more years?

they'll be excited about it for about a month before dropping it.

A measly 61 days to go. We've already passed the half-way point since the delay.

secret anti morrigan tech, she's low tier now

Thank you for always believing in me /fgg/.

DAMAGED

Stop stealing our jive memes or face the wrath of my Akuma in early 2017.

Anyone wanna lobby SF5? EU the actual game, not CFN beta

What if you also picked Chun and went up to chase her?

I'll join when I finish eating in 10-15min

what's going to happen to the tournament scene once the capcom cup ends next year? Nobody is going to play SFV if there's no money for it so is everyone just going to funnel into smaller scenes? Is injustice going to be the main fighting game because of how much money WB dumps into tournaments?

i don't understand

what's your cfn?

>is everyone just going to funnel into smaller scenes?
Yeah, right. People will probably play Marvel.

back to the poverty roots
they'll probably continue supporting cc, why should they stop now thats on tv and all that

I'm almost certain you could have ultrad there

the capcom cup exists to advertise the game. Spending millions of dollars to sell less than 100k copies in the year since launch isn't good business. Capcom isn't your friend they aren't funding tournaments because they are super cool dudes that want to give players money they deserve. Tournament money is their advertising budget

Yeah I could have, but I hadn't played the game in a while and I forgot.

There's also the argument that supporting the fgc, trying to even grow interest outside of people who are playing the game right now is a positive investment for capcom, because they make so many fighting games.

the fgc is growing but sfv sold half the copies that sf4 sold. supporting the growth of the fgc clearly doesn't matter.

the game didn't sell because the game was pants, and replicating the hype around sfiv on its first release was going to be impossible. sfv copies sold on release were in line with what one would expect based on iv's later expansions.