/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Enjoy event while it lasts edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>place to actually discuss the game that isn't /simg/
reddit.com/r/warthunder

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

First for severe autism

reminder that life is pain and the fun stuff is gone in 19 hours

literally tier 5 point and click event

Mechs were removed despite people lvoing them more than the base game.

This shit will also be removed, dont try and kid yourselves

These vehicles at least have some positional for the game, not some imagination crap that wouldn't work

All of the vehicles in this game are imaginary crap, none of them perform like any vehicle that actually exists

Didn't they come back for an event afterwards though?

shermans perform like they should

get set on fire even by a 8mm round

This is bait right?

If they expand the tree, what would be the first attack helicopter?

Mi-8 or Cobra

when ?

Right after we get attack helicopters

already in game

right after we really get attack helicopters

>Of the 13,738 P-40s built, only 28 remain airworthy

There's one that's supposedly "airworthy" at a museum near me, but I'm not sure how much I believe it, since it hasn't been flown in years.

No, Shermans are shit tanks.

Was it really until the 60s when they first got attack helicopters?

First purpose-built combat helicopter was AH-1. Before that, there were only armed utility helicopters, like UH-1 that could carry miniguns, FFARs or SS.11 under wing pylons

Elaborate.

Damn. If they add helicopters and composite armor, they'd have to advance forward pretty damn quickly

>cook off whenever they get hit
>lack any armor
>shit gun
>huge profile
>loud
>maintenance a shit
>armor isn't even that angled
>logistics is average

The only notable shit about the Sherman was that they used effective radios and had decent optics. everything else is below average

What's the difference between the T28 and T95?

pair of tracks aka extra armor

what ammo for bearcat?

educate yourself

>Lack any armor
Pic related, its armor was rather decent compared to German mediums

>Huge profile
No:
M4 Sherman -- 2.74-2.97 m (9 ft 0 in-9 ft 9 in)
T-34-85 -- 2.72 m (8 ft 11 in)
Panzer IV Ausf A-J -- 2.68 m (8 ft 10 in)
Panzer III Ausf A-N -- 2.5 m (8 ft 2 in)
Compared to other mediums, was slightly above average.

Also regarding your "catching fire" shit, those were only for early models, by January of 1944 Shermans barely caught fire because of wet stowage.

this book is fucking retarded, history channel makes more sense

See burgershill

(First post fucked up)

Are you baiting or unironically shilling from brainwashing?

So, are you gonna cite any viable points from the book "death traps" or are you going to talk out of your ass?

Im going to miss this event so bad, this is the most fun ive had playing this game for a long time.

>huge profile

>least coast wakes up
>playstation pay2winners ruining every round with their mongoloidism

Whats the point of this webm?

To add to the fact that "Death traps" is retarded, here are some stupid shit that Cooper wrote, proving he has no knowledge of what the fuck he's writing about:
>Page 21 Cooper claims the US M24 and M26 used Christie suspension.
The M24 and M26 actually used torsion bars.
>Page 79 Cooper states that the Ford Motor Company made an eight cylinder version of the Merlin engine for use in the Sherman, generating 550 horsepower.
This is bullshit. The M4A3 was equipped with a Ford built V8, a Ford design designated the "GAA" and it generated 500 horsepower at best.
>Page 24 Cooper describes the M4A1 as "essentially the same tank as the M4 but with an improved high-velocity 76mm gun and a different turret.".
The M4A1 came with either the 75 or 76mm guns, the difference between an M4 and a M4A1 was that the M4 had a welded hull, the M4A1 had a cast hull.
You know what's funny? Cooper served in the most aggressive US armored division as a maintenance officer, and he knew fuck all about suspensions, and the differences between Shermans.

>incompetence
>bait
>no it isn't
>nope
>bait
>bait
>bait
>bait

2/8 made me reply

+1 to file limit

>asshurt ameriboo

your tank a shit and even your crew\generals knew it

I love how you're just ignoring all the posts disproving your whole statement. But you're baiting so why do I bothre/

Why is the Saab 21 so sexy?

>posts disproving your whole statement.

you literally only said "No! Nuh-uh! You're wrong!" faggot

Not even the same person you're talking to, retard. Also I'm talking about these posts:

taken from another post:
>Sherman
>90mm LOS frontal armor for small hatch hulls, 94mm for large hatch hulls
>164mm frontal turret armor including gun mantlet (plus a 50mm rotor shield), 184mm including mantlet for T23 turrets
>average of 0.6 casualties per knocked out tank
>less than 1,500 destroyed in ETO
>crew can egress (hatch opened and crewman on the deck) in less than 10 seconds, even in small hatch variants
>hatches are actually placed directly above their crew positions
>hatches were also spring loaded after 1942
>belly hatch was actually large enough to get out of
>W E T S T O W A G E
>semi-automatic fire suppression system in the engine compartment and multiple handheld extinguishers in the crew compartment
>75mm rounds were well known for igniting very slowly even when the tank was penetrated catastrophically
>unlike T-34, armor was ductile enough that non-penetrative hits wouldn't cause spalling and injure the crew

thats nice

>lack any armor
>shit gun
compared to what?

This would actually make a pretty interesting addition.

>slugger cant pen tiger from the front
What is this fucking bullshit?

May as well add the M-51 while we're at it.

>accidentally spawn Churchill on the wrong side of the map because I didn't realize it was a one cap point mode
>take half the game lumbering over to the fight
>allied team doing as well as you think they would do
>accidentally find half the enemy team sitting in a ditch
>kill six panzers as quickly as the loader can get shells in the gun
>burgers rush forward and fuck up the second wave
To bad I only got 1,900 research for it

))))))

Reminder that burgershills are not welcome in /wtg/.

>Triggered wehraboo

>/wtg/ dies

>drop bomb
spitnigger dead
>drop another bomb
another spitnigger dead

it just works

So I came back after a year or so to play the event, and it's got me wanting to play some normal GF.

Problem is, I was a planefag before I left, and my tonks are only in the Tier II range for everybody except Japan. (Who I've never played.) Which nation is the best bet for grinding up through the low/mid tiers these days?

Rus ))))))

Germany

GUys I'm tired of playing plens. What's the best nation to learn to play tonks in?

Anything but japs right now desu.

How do I git gud at AA, especially with low ROF? At low tier it's okay since target are slow but at high tier unless they are coming right for me I can't hit shit.

Germans are the easiest. Good guns that have good velocity, pen, and damage. Decent mobility with sometimes questionable armor both good and bad. Russia has great post pen damage but typically lacking velocity or pen. Good mobility and decent armor

Move up ad far as you can go while staying safe from enemy tanks. use 3rd person view unless they dive on you

Just don't play them. Stick to the kugels and falcons.

So if I don't want to start as the easiest but also not the hardest, how about USA?

Just got this things k/d positive after the stock grind

They are good but your teammates will make you lose 70% of your games

How do i fly the komet

Tiers 1-4
nazi>slav>clap>teeb>jap
tier 5
slav>teeb>nazi>jap>clap

Mixed bag. solid shot which they use a lot as a stock round is kinda bad. Around 5.3 they start to get good with the M18. To completely honest I didn't play that much 1.0-5.0 because I bought a premium. I'm at at tier 4 now. But everything I heard is that overall US is kinda "average"

>teammates will make you lose 70% of your games

This is the reason I went back to AB in air battles after a while. RB just seems to have much worse balancing issues and half the planes aren't worth using.

Just as bad in ground forces too I see.

Would argue that America is better than Japan right now due to more tanks, diversity and better cas options

Also teeb better than Germany is even more qustionable

That's rubbish. They both get sabres with 16 HVARs, and even though the jap ATGM is poopy they don't have to ammo grind literally everything and are much lower profile. Also, M60s are still missing a significant amount of armor in the breech.

Pure speed is overrated and everything german except the maus (which is actually underrated) gets pooped on by spaa.

>had a dream I was playing april fools event but on a map that looks like something out of Nier Automata with ruined cityscape overgrown with foliage and jungle, city partially submerged in water at the street level
>driving a Leop 2 but with green camo
>firing at tanks in the distance, on top of a cliff
>drive off the cliff and onto a huge decaying building roof thats slanted and somehow dont fall off into the running river below me
>impressed I managed to do that and continue firing from that position on the enemy tanks
>suddenly below my position on the river I see an enemy boat that looks like a mix between LCS Freedom class and a Visby class corvette
>decide to surpise him and drive my Leop off the building roof and onto his helipad at the stern
>I land and start firing at his rear turret and he fires at me but cant get his gun trained low enough or something
>I'm having a hard time not slipping off the deck and driving on the ship, tracks are not gripping well and water keeps slamming onto the deck
>guy stops firing at me and slows the ships speed down letting the raging waves of the stream almost consume the ship and eventually a rushing wave slams and takes me overboard
>ship guy says something in chat but cant remember what

That was fun.

Who else has War Thunder dreams here?

Another was flying jets and having fun, on a map that was like a chain of islands, I don't even have any jets unlocked yet, I fucking flew WT jets in my dreams before I can even fly them in the real game yet.

>start game on middle east
>20 seconds later I'm one-shot by a T-90s APFS-DS
>confusingly look at the killcam
>the small round penned my UFP, went through the tank and of course hit that ONE FUCKING ATGM ROUND stored in the back of the turret

Dreamt I saw an I-185 flying past me. After I woke up I decided to take a spin with my I-185. Got an ace.

I've had way too many War Thunder dreams since I started to play... Is that healthy?

As long as it's not stressing you out.

Most of my dreams are videogame dreams, ususally centered around the few games I've been playing for hours a day and many days a week.

At least its better than those mundane dreams where nothing coherent or interesting happens and are boring as fuck.

>driving the t-90
What does it do that the Leo can't do better?

Eh, then I suppose I can keep dream about shooting 152mm HEAT-FS shells or Tiger 1s with ATGMs

Yeah I guess, better than the ones that are fucked up and feels real..

looks

Shoot ATGMs, plus it looks more intriguing than the Leo 2

Atgms are a meme when you can be one shoted through your ufp with a round that reaches its target twice as fast.

I use the T-90 but ATGMs are for shitters who think it's the best round just because it ruins Tier V

I don't use it more than for shooting down helis, maybe one or another tank when I feel like it. But I use HEAT-FS or ADFS-DS normally

Is there a more comfy grind than taking a bomber in EC, alt-tabing to youtube and just periodically checking if you're flying in the right direction to drop your bombs?

>Research engine
>Game sets fuel amount to minimum load because)))))))))))))))))
>have 15 minutes of fuel to work with

Apds is the superior anti helicopter round though

What would be next top tier tanks? For gemrnas probably another version of leo 1, for Soviets t64, for bongs another version of chieftain. What would burgers get?

>sim ec in il2
>find a convoy of soft targets
comfy to the max

Holy fuck, playing GF for the first time in a year and not knowing any of these maps is a fucking nightmare.

Now I remember why I mostly flew planes, at least there aren't ten billion hiding spots to memorize in the sky.

M60A2, obviously.

>What would burgers get?
The M60A3, possibly TTS if Gaijin can be bothered to implement thermal sights. It'd have M735 APFSDS as default with possible upgrades to M774.

This. Question is: added after Sheridan or the M60A1?

It's an MBT not a light. This is a non-question.

Gaijin also decided to stick the M56 into the light tree so don't be too sure.

I usually listen to podcasts aswell.