Why is bmw no more stick shifts :(

Why is bmw no more stick shifts :(

Because there isn't much of a market for it anymore

Im in the market?

And you're worth keeping an entire division open for, why?

Because i want a stick shift

'Manual Transmission' ameritard

Its actually called a standard

Automatics are faster and break. So, it's a win win for BMW. When the autotragic breaks, most people will go to a BMW dealership to get it repaired or replaced.

Buy an M2.

Manual transmission is more expensive to upkeep in the long term
If an automatic breaks you just replace it
On a manual you must replace clutch/clutch release bearing etc every 100k miles or so which is not cheap

>Manual transmission
>Higher upkeep costs than a DCT
Pick one

what the fuck did i just read

a clutch kit costs like 200 bucks

a new automatic transmission costs upwards of 1k

can you buy a brand new, manual BMW right NOW?

no?

then you aren't in the market.

>I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TRANS

auto trans are infinitely more complicated to repair than manual.

A manual is much more likely to burn up a clutch than a whole gearset, so "repairing" a manual doesn't require dropping the trans - just replace the clutch.

new clutch kit and labour costs about $500-1000 depending on the car
You must replace the clutch every ~100k miles
You must replace the auto transmission every 300-400k miles (unless it just shits the bed randomly)

Not to mention if it's one of the higher end auto transmissions it can cost over 3k.

>new clutch kit and labour costs about $500-1000 depending on the car
Are you being fucking serious? Do the install yourself, like holy fuck its not rocket science. Do you also let a mechanic charge you for an oil change?

If it weren't for Ameritards you'd still be riding a horse or taking the bus.

>do you also let your mechanic charge for an oil change
Yes, since I don't have the space or I don't have any place to dispose the old oil I can afford to pay the mechanic $20 to save me all the troubles.

Oh, well then my bad. I thought you literally didn't know how to change your oil. I mean its pretty simple. But if you don't have the room then that's another story.

You know what DCT means? double clutch, a dct transmission will also wear clutches, the only difference is that you can't actually replace them and there's 2 of them.
being computer controlled they have less wear, and being two, they will last at least double than a MT.
That said if you replace a clutch every 100-150k. And you will have to replace the whole DCT which will be more expensive than the car is already worth every 200-300k.
If you are buying used just go for the manual.