/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Noob? Git gud:

webms with sounds
slightly used thread:

>tfw got another
n+1 is a disease as much as it is a formula

HOW TO RIDE MOTORCYCLES

1. At the rise of the hand by Policeman, stop rapidly. Do not pass him by or otherwise disrespect him.

2. When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootle the horn trumpet melodiously at first. If he still obstacles your passage, tootle him with vigor and express by word of mouth, warning Hi, Hi.

3. Beware of the wandering horse that he shall not take fright as you pass him. Do not explode the exhaust box at him. Go smoothingly by.

4. Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.

5. Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon. Press the brake foot as you roll around the corner, and save the collapse and tie up.

One more XR650r bike and you'll effectively have a combo going.

KTM

I went up some twisties for the first time. Was shitting myself most of the way. Scrapped pegs a few times. But as we go higher and it got cooler, became a nice experience.

i have three of the same suit at least, and one kawi and one zuke outlier

Why buy three of the same bike?

3 is how many testicles i have

one basket case 650r with a decent engine, one good 650r with a bum engine and the other one is a 400r

>kuckTM
>Made in india

Ayy Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One is a XR400r, the other two are 650r. Them the AT. Then the DR650. Then the kid Kawi bike.

He's not even mentioning all of the bikes laying around who's titles were lost in boating accidents.

well... uhhh... you too pal

>200+ rider forest excursion
>4 hours in, minor scuffle with some twat that Leroy Jenkins'd me down a 70 degree/20 meter decline
>No broken bones, brakes all work, no levers broken
>Slap Leroys helmet three fucking times for being a massive twat
>2 minutes later going ham on some whoopdees about to shift 4th
>Suddenly wake up with rear scrubbing as much skin off my arm as possible, still putting away
>WhatTheFuckHappened
>Nose bleeding, pounding headache
>Can barely walk, right leg dislocated
>Backtrack my track to see what the fuck I hit, was it a deer or a pig? Jesus?
>Treadmarks just flat out backtothefuture'd the lip of the jump and reappeared 15m ahead starting with an imprint of my helmet

Turns out that Leroy faggot snapped the cable retainer on my forks and it wrapped itself around my wheel at full depression on the whoopdee.

Goddamnit man, always check every nut, bolt and retainer after the smallest spill.

quiet you, those were tragic voyages.

why not?

>being so slow that leeroy can catch you in the first place
you only have yourself to blame user.

Noone else wanted to go first, so I did. Fool is me, fool is me.

It was about 25 minutes before anyone else caught me up, too, sitting there like a retard on bath salts.

seriously though that sucks user, you the guy that was going on his first big offroad ride with people?
I remember reassuring you and saying she will be all good m8 and now i feel bad.

yo so when is the TT
has it happened yet or is it right at the end of May

post boipucci

Naw, must be some other excited adventurer.

At least now I can justify that braided front line and rebuild kit I've been putting off.

what bike?
trying to figure out who im talking to now lol

I live in the city nigga. beside I'm not use to a motorcycle. but a scooter I can do shit on

fuck off nobiek cuck

I very rarely post in these bike threads.

XR400.

Need for a short daily commute on a sports bike:
>Gloves
>Boots
>Jeans

>i live in the city
Why don't you leave the city one day and go for a ride thats more than just a commute through traffic?

btw im just memeing when i point out brrk brrk strips. you can get rid of them doing some slalom at 20kmh if you really care.

depends on your budget

Any Advice?

fair enough.
not like dbt has quality content lately can't blame you for not posting much.

Nigger are you expecting answers within a minute, because if so kill yourself

Like 100-200 Canadian :/

This, dbt is not /b/.
there are like 30-50 of us, give us some time to care about your post damn.

Literally just asking for any recommendations

I'm not overly fond of Veeky Forums's tripfaggotry either, I know this is Veeky Forums but goddamn.

My recommendation: nothing and go off a cliff at full speed, impatient fuck.

is that total or per item?
i just bought (in USD):
>used Icon Compound Jacket for 180 that was 260 new
>used Icon Overlord Long Glove for 100 that were 150 new
because i found them on craigslist in my size. bang for your buck will definitely be used, if you can wait. if you buy new, you can choose what you get and you can get it fast, but on a budget you're going to have to cut corners. what bike? presumably no riding experience if you're getting your first set of gear?

Hello xr bro

did you see the bike with the box? although I like scooters alot they are pretty fun to cuck people on

I don't care it's annoying that some people actually think you have skill on a bike. I'm only 19 and I have to ride 2-3 hours to get out. my best bet is finding an abandoned parking lot. the most I rode at once was just one hour and 30-50 miles

Where's this at fellow cruiser rider

That's hot. I'm really hoping I can find a nice XR/XL600 or XT600. fuuuark
>Why buy three of the same bike?
Not that uncommon I've found. Different riding setups, backups, or just to take parts from.

this an official XR thread now?

join up local FB riding groups, a lot of guys post shit there before CL so you can try to get dibs on anything coming up

Brofist.

What's the deal with that XRsonly webshop, any experience?

Aftermarket is almost nonexistant in NZ, let alone OEM. That, that and the fact that it turns out my 97 400 is a bastard child in many respects. 4 weeks and $120NZD for a fucking gear level from Honda.

where is this? looks great

Central CA, up near the Sierra Nat. Forest.

Chicken strips arent a test of skill, they are like a test of how big your balls are.
otherwise they would be called skill strips.

moab utah

beautiful

Hell yeah it is
The only thing I have aftermarket on my bike is an fmf pipe. I am looking to buy a mikuni pumper carb in the near future though. I have a friend that bought a street legalization kit from them and he said that it took a few weeks for his package to arrive but besides that he said that all the parts did their job well

Just because I can slide the ass out of my TLs, doesn't mean I'm a skilled rider.

I've never understood the infantile dickmeasuring by comparing virgin treadwalls.

Because generally if someone does have chicken strips they couldnt remove them if they were being chased down by a serial killer.

All electrics are dead on my bike
I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine
What would be the next thing to check?

I don't think I'll ever get over seeing things like this.
Humans really do some magical stuff.

oh well. once I learn how to use a manual properly. I'm not good at getting the bike moving on a red light some times or I even switch to neutral instead of second by accident. what to do?

does the bike turn over or is it just electronics? It could be your stator

The battery......
if your bike has an alarm system it is always draining the battery and over how ever many years it has completely fucked it.
Get a new battery.

>Pumper
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I've never seen a TRX here to nick a carb from.
I've only done gordons mods thus far, stock most everything. If it ain't broke don't fix it, etc. That's why these things are tractors, albeit marginally faster but just as nimble.

I'd just need to make it worth the shipping costs without blowing the weight/volume allowances out the door.

Practice standing starts.
I have been riding bikes since i was 4 years old so asking me for advice on how to learn things really does not work, ive always known how to do it so im going to expect the same of you.

just how it is.

I've ridden a few bikes that are lean angle limited by the frame, it's a case by case basis before you bring the 'take it to the track' mantra into consideration.

just ram the back wheel lol. or shoot him

So let me get this straight. You have a budget of under 200 US dollars, and you expect to be able to get all of those? Get real bud.

Battery is full. I can make it crank by shorting out 2 terminals but it wont start since no power to the ignition. I'm talking no power to the bike at all.

>superior yuropeeon motorcyclist

my dad got me a Yamaha 50cc at age 2 with training wheels but I had to move to the USA :(

Left foot on ground, bike in 1st gear with clutch in. Right foot on the rear brake. Any stop-start should be this.

If you get false neutrals a lot, try adjusting the gear lever or be more confident in your shifting strength. Usually if you've not completely unloaded the tranny load you'll get neutral despite having a constant mesh gearbox. Don't force it into gear, but don't be a pussy, either.

The only bikes i know of like that are cruisers and even then most cruisers have smaller chicken strips than most sports bikes.

Really its just a case of who breaks the speed limit...

It is insanely easy to use 100% of your tyre over 150kmhm, even a slight bend has you leaning all the way until you are scraping pegs.

It is also really easy to see when someone does this because their tyre literally melts at those speeds.

pic related is a tyre that was used at low speeds (mainly below 150kmh) which is why it did not melt, i am sure you have seen plenty of tyres with bits hanging off the sides for comparison.

Take a current reader and find the short then

My dad wouldnt let me ride my peewee 50 until i could ride my pushbike without training wheels, no training weels allowed on a motorbike and all that.

what did he mean by this?

Lucky, my dad pretty much told me to stop crying and get on my PW50.
Launched it into a fence but he grabbed me before impact, put me straight back on.

I've been told to put your right foot down. but you it seems better with your left now that I see it. and yeah I think the biggest issue I have might be my shoes their a inch bigger than my toes and I hit the edge of the shoe with the shift without much leverage

Brits are a joke. Have you seen that show? I know they're not know for good television. But it's just bad

pretty cool I don't remember much on my bike but I knew my step brother helped me out. all I could do was go up and come back. I think my dad wanted me to be a pro Enduro racer or something

Top Gear?

First time i rode my KTM 50sx my dad said to me "now remember it has a power band nothing like your old bike you have to be gentle with the throttle" i then proceeded to give it full juice, hit the power band and ran straight into a concrete water tank and started to cry because i broke the visor on my cool new helmet.

The only way I can see right foot down being the smarter move is on a flat so you can sit in neutral, not just clutch pulled in. Personal preference I guess, but unless you're on an off-camber road I'd suggest right foot on brake for hillstarts.

Take a bit of practice rolling on the throttle while simultaneously releasing the front brake if you're on a hill using your right foot to stay shiny side up.

Ah, the old man just wanted something to share passion with his son. Can't fault him for that. Except you know, selling it and buying me an XR80 just as I got the hang of balance at the ripe old age of 5.
Same deal with the XR80 above. Gears and clutch meant sausage to me. Gave it tits and dumped the clutch, bike flew out faster than I could blink.
>His face when

Are any registered? Do you just move the plates over if you want to ride one of the unregistered ones on the road?

I have two bikes and two cars but all the bullshit fees are killing me.

Which is the helmet with the most noise reduction on the market right now?

My dad is complaining a lot about the noise at higher speeds (he has quite sensitive ears) and wants to get something better than his HJC FG 17

Get earplugs, way more effective.

Already uses em, not enough yet.
He wants maximum noise reduction, aside from amputating his ears basically.

Well, Schuberth C3 is probably the quietest... But it's like $1000. Just get some ear plugs. They'll work better anyways.

This.
Even get those bloody ripoff musician ones that do a flat db reduction through most of the range if need be.

Alright, he's gonna need a goldwing, 2 wheels, a roof, and some Windows. Maybe some doors and seatbelts too.

VW Phaeton is his only option.

I saw the new one in person it looks pretty cool in comparison to the competition
thanks mate I'll practice tomorrow
Yeah probably, my dad use to do competitive hill climbs and Enduro back in the day. he taped his wedding video over his hill climb comp.

Got a question about earplugs. Should I get a bluetooth headset for my helmet could I still hear music through them?

Neither a Goldwing nor a Phaeton is a helmet.

only if it's cheap. I hate how they go for $200

everything I've heard so far indicates that yes, you can still hear senas with earplugs.

personally, I'm thinking of getting some foam tips for my earbuds or something. I've only tried foam IEMs once, but damn that was the most noise reduction i've ever heard from an earbud.

And nothing else will help your sissy dad if earplugs still hurt his ears.

I've got earplugs where I plug my earbuds in. I can listen to my music on a low level, while riding 160km/h on the highway even though I'm half deaf.

My dad is considering getting a '99 Ducati 900, thoughts?

He has a KH500 right now.