ND vs BRZ/86

Which do you guys think is the better car? I'm looking at getting one of them soon, and I was hoping I could get some opinions from people here who actually own them.

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6133419701.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cESxuqO27jU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the miata is faster

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

>1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

The Miata, duh.

Are you fucking stupid? They don't even compare.

If you like tuning, the brz/86 is a good car. I'd still go with the ND because the brz/86 community is cancer.

brz has something that resembles a backseat, so a bit more practical for a daily driver

It all comes down to looks and practicality, they are both equally slow and handle well

This

Just get this bro.

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/6133419701.html

This is what a brz was made for.

I have an ND, tested both. The ND had more body roll, but was overall more fun for me. I fixed the roll with sway bars recently. I was surprised how big the trunk is in it, wish the opening was slightly larger for suitcases though.
12V outlet is jammed under the passenger footwell out of reach of the driver, and the included USB port is slow as shit to charge phones with. buy an 12V charger and a cable, use the passenger side mountable cupholder to hold the phone.
I've done several 12 hour trips with the car and racked up about 23K miles in the last 10 months, never felt cramped in it (I'm 6'1"). if you're 6 feet or taller, you won't fit in the car with a helmet and the soft top up. either drop the top or go with a hardtop with head space.
when the top is up, the storage location is nice as a shelf for shit. rear visibility is shit like all convertibles with the top up.
you might want an after market exhaust, the engine is nice sounding but the muffler makes it really quiet

> they are both equally slow

no, the miata is faster

The ND has better performance in pretty much every category, but if I were to buy one of the two it'd be the BRZ since I already have an NA which is the best Miata.

the BRZ/FRS/86 is only superior in terms of storage space, but is close enough to the ND in most things to make it a nice DD.

ND too heavy and brz underpowered. mustang ecoboost for the win

It's definitely the better DD. As a guy who DDs an NA, the whole convertible with no storage space thing gets old after a while.

1990 NA to ND is only 200 ish pounds. not bad for a 400cc displacement increase, not a limp noodle body, and actual safety features.
the SVO to Ecoboost Mustang weight change is about 400 pounds and defeats the purpose of the pony car

the ND has 3 gloveboxes, the storage where the top goes, and the largest roadster trunk I've ever seen. while the 86 beats it out regardless in that category, the ND is far more usable than the older models were.
speaking as a guy who owns an ND

this could have been stock

can japanese manufacturers stop sucking cock pls?

>buying either of these cars for the laptimes
The practicality was pushing me more towards the brz, but it's not like I usually carry around more than I could fit in the miata.
There's actually a turbo brz near me under $20k, but it's one of the cheaper kits, and I'm not sure how much I trust it.
Nice to know you can fit a decent amount in the trunk. Since you've had it for 10 months now, how is it in the winter?
I had thought about picking up a cheap NA later as a weekend/track car when I actually have somewhere to put it. Only have space for one car right now though.
I actually did test drive an ecoboost, but I didn't like it as much as the others.

I got the car with Yokohama ADVAN Sport V105 summer tires. drove it in the snow several times, it's fine with the TCS and ABS. when you want to have fun, the car won't stop you when you disable traction control.

Three glove boxes won't help me when I'm going bowling with a friend and have two ball bags and pairs of shoes to transport and a trunk already full of a spare tire, tools, and general emergency shit.

it's big enough for a full size spare, a tool box, emergency kit from mazda, the shoes and maybe one bowling ball bag. the other can go in his lap.

youtube.com/watch?v=cESxuqO27jU

We rarely ever get snow down here, so I shouldn't have to worry about it too much, but it's good to know it'll be manageable if I need to.

t. 86 owner
It's a really good DD desu. ND will be a better weekend car.

Depends on what you want.
I test drove both, the 86 feels like it has sharper handling and also the MX5's boot is too small, so I went for the 86

Does the premium gas meme ever get annoying?

I always used premium in my old car so it's no difference.
Fine you pay a little more but so what

It's giving really good mpg so I don't mind at all.
Also using premium gas will make your engine being cleaner for the long run. For your beloved new car, will you gonna pay a bit more to make yourself feel good about it or jew it with the regular gas?

Miata because it's not even trying to be a sports car and when you just want to have fun in corners you might as well get a convertible. I can't even think of one reason to get a BRZ over a Miata.

miata is faster, looks better, and is convertible