FAQ: pastebin.com/fNkbYfc6

Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/agSi5e63

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Just Released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

Heartful Maman - MILF Eroge
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=2232471

>Upcoming Games

Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Mangagamer Most Requested Titles Survey Results
Rance Series (1st)
Evenicle (9th)
Daiteikoku (19th)

>Upcoming Events
DarknessHero Rance KR Modding - Now
Drawfag Weekend - Kanami Weekend starting May 6th
VGL Team Roster Poll - Sometime mid April

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdX1dx5I0Wkf9aKZ1FjF8OxabHpElAieRnUdq20g0F1B7dCYA/viewform
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page
clyp.it/nesny5rj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Which SR commanders have eluded you for all your runs?
I've never managed to get Yukihime.

Shimazu just isn't worth the hassle

Just kidnap Kurohime, they all automatically join you.

>Which SR commanders have eluded you for all your runs?
Pic related.

>all routes beat, including FFA
>never beat any difficulty above 1 Star
>is working on a mod for SR
What?

Torako

Does it actually? I was under the impression that if you vassal them pre-Honnouji, it would still not get you Seigan.

>Does it actually?
Yes, if memory serves the event you get following a conquer also requires the Demon Army to have appeared which means that you couldn't have got him in the time between the first fight with Xavier and the Demon Army appearing, which actually would've been the best time to get him because there's hardly any start of turn events in that period.

>I was under the impression that if you vassal them pre-Honnouji, it would still not get you Seigan.
You can't vassal them pre-Honnouji.

At least for clearing, not just joining. I don't like giving women away.

Yeah, I like winning. I have this weird feeling every faction will be easy to win on since it'll be adjusted to my preferred difficulty.

Okay. Wanted to post this at the start of a thread.

Here is our roster poll for our VGL team.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdX1dx5I0Wkf9aKZ1FjF8OxabHpElAieRnUdq20g0F1B7dCYA/viewform

First section (players- yes/no) is required. Vote for the players you want on the team. Please try to keep the number of players you votes yes to at around 10.

Second section is optional.

Please vote.
This will be open for a few weeks.

>best Pastel
Nope

These players are in the squad no matter what

1. DARKNESSHERO Rance
2. TOSH
3. Kay-chan
4. Archfriend Jill
5. Red Reaper
6. Fair and Square (Shizuka)
7. Useless Ninja
8. Don't Believe Their Lies
9. Ragnarokarc Super Gandhi
10. Ramius
11. MALICE
12. True Victim (Satella)
13. Allykiller (Annis)

The Kayblis Ending is the most canon.
So where in the mod will this show up? Is the Kayblis End staying in?

I'll take your word for it, I took Seigan on Kenshin route, which is so overloaded with events that I had to intentionally not take a generic guy off the list before Kenshin's level drop just so everyone could come in.

Canon Pastel is the most-fitting Pastel for Rance as a whole and is a lot more fun to have.

KR Pastel is way more competent though and cuter .

You can only clear them by not giving women away man. The only difficultly in Shimzu clears is clearing the women first, which you should be doing anyway.

>Among other things, vassaling them gets you Seigan a bit faster than conquering them.
>Yes, if memory serves the event you get following a conquer also requires the Demon Army to have appeared which means that you couldn't have got him in the time between the first fight with Xavier and the Demon Army appearing, which actually would've been the best time to get him because there's hardly any start of turn events in that period.
Decided to make a save and test this. Here's what I've observed:

1) The vassal doesn't require a fan so unlike the conquer you're guaranteed to waste no turns by doing it, possibly making the vassal a faster way to get Seigan even if all else is equal.
2) Contrary to what I implied earlier, the joining event for Seigan appears to be exactly the same event regardless of if you conquered or vassaled the Tenshi Sect (even despite the slight plot inconsistencies related to this such as Seigan only talking about how Rance has taken one of his triplets even though the conquering event implying that Rance took all three).

So, with #1 and #2 in mind I can confidently say that the only thing the vassal does better than the conquer in relation to obtaining Seigan is maybe save you a turn, which really isn't all that much. As for if you should vassal or conquer the Tenshi Sect in general, I don't know - if I was less busy I'd dig through my notes and check but for the time being that idea can go fuck itself. I'm busy doing other things and I've started uncontrollably shaking for some reason. I guess that's going to have to take priority.

Does anybody remember how to get to the big room with the red boss, FR space, and treasure chest in noctun mine, rance vi?

And just on this. Our team is currently playing in a small practice cup.

Because it's a small practice cup I haven't told you guys when the matches were on because its basically just a friendly to practice managing, tactics and also for the commentators. Compared to the VGL the quality is a lot lower (especially commentary) because its essentially a small bootleg cup.

But we just made the final and our opponent is /fgog/.
Match should be in a little over 20 minutes and the stream can be found on the hitbox link here
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Main_Page

Akihime

its hardly eluding if you are just deliberately not picking her.

Not raping her is the hardest challenge in the game.

Fair. I loved her scenes.

Wonder if I will now that Emi performed the same role in VI. Looking forward to Anasel in IX.

I missed those match.
Thanks.

Is Rance's cape black or purple in KR?

Black

Anasel is different to Emi and Aki. She's a bit bitchy that doesn't deserve to get raped.

What is one thing you have learned from Rance?

Witch girls with great legs are for nakadashi

Get in now if you want to watch.

The 3rd place match before our final just ended.

How to be a doting parent

Rance is a great father. Reset will grow up to be almost as epic as he is

You got me interested
I will watch this

All ready in !

Pfew, just in time to watch it

and sorry about the commentary. Because its a practice event its basically just the managers involved in the cup doing everything rather than the proper commentators in the main thing.

Don't worry.

GG we won !
Slow game but it was because the team were good.

Slow game but Kay-chan and Tosh won it.

>Useless ninja still useless
Well

Nice to get a victory. More confident about VGL8

Good job on winning

WE GOT BEAT BY /hanny/!

Good game guys, hope to meet you in the VGL

Don't lose. You would be shaming Rance. Ascend to glory

>What is one thing you have learned from Rance?
Rance the series or Rance the character?

Both

Is this where I can talk about bunny black? It's practically a Rance game. I played it last winter and it was pretty refreshing after slogging through Kichikuou.

>Is this where I can talk about bunny black?
No.

Why are the anthem choices between Japanese beat and reset dance for the anthem? There are much more iconic tracks. I suggest Sengoku Rance as anthem

Its a fun game but /hgg/ is where you would go.

Those were the suggestions

I'm dissapointed

HEIL MM RUNE YES

BBAfag is not a bad guy. He's actually pretty mature and acclimatizes pretty well, unlike most fags here. He even uploaded the Alice Senki II OST and it took me 2-3 years to find that shit. He just gets sort of nit picky whenever someone shits on Rouga.

BBAfag likes Rance stuff too, it's just that he still has yet to play some of them, and can only play the translated games.

Nobody is calling him a bad guy.

That came out of nowhere.

Some anons were on the last thread, so I felt the need to address. Daibanchou isn't even that bad of a game

Nobody was. They just said he was easy to pick. '

Without BBAfag, we wouldn't have gotten one of /hanny/'s best memes for crying out loud.

I know, "fags" just get insulted on here a lot though.

Okay. This is Veeky Forums. Fag isn't an insult.

You don't have to bring yourself up in 3rd person to defend yourself.

>Shizukafags

Not him (or the BBAfag) but generally the only "fags" that get insulted or the Sillfags because of how prominent they can be whenever they keep shouting she's "best girl" or "waifu", with that OTP shit, I think.

That is people falling for bait.

*are
>still hasn't even taken away auto-correct on phone.

I'm not the BBAfag, but that Sillfag bait bit was funny.

Sillfags are very rare. The most infamous are the Leilafag and the Terufag, especially the former. The Terufag has been dead for a pretty long time now.

I'm a proud Shizukafag.

How about Kenshin, or Shizukafags? Weren't they pretty prominent?

I wasn't even around when Kenshinfags were prominent, and I've been a hanny for like 3-4 years now.
Shizukafags are a wonderful thing.

I see, interesting thing to know, because I sort of figured there would be a lot of Kensinfags around since she was the most popular Sengoku heroine.

A lot of the Kenshinfags are Sengoku only, they don't tend to be in this general.

That was the case when SR was at its peak of popularity in the west.

clyp.it/nesny5rj

Compassionate King Barres when?

Was the Terufag one of the terminally ill anons?

Most definitely not, but he was very obnoxious.

Who's this character?

Fairly sure it's Tomoko.

We're too small. This is an embarrassment. Anons, we must come up with ways to make Rance more popular. Rance deserves nothing less. With Rance becoming more popular, we will grow, and Alicesoft will see how much potential the west has.
And don't give me that "people are too scared to play Rance cuz hes a rapist", plenty of youtubers played Huniepop.

Is that one tile in the Pentagon Base even possible to get to or did I just waste 5 minutes of my life?

Did you play as a rapist in Huniepop?

I never managed to get it myself. If there was a way, I wasn't aware of it.

You're saying that as if we could do anything about it.

You wasted 5 minutes.

Fuck, for a second I thought that was Big Boss from the Phantom Pain.

You don't understand, with enough strategizing, we could do anything. Get a youtuber to play Rance, make viral memes, whatever. Endless possibilities.

Name one popular youtuber that wouldn't mind getting his image wounded by openly playing as a rapist and that would care to try even if he didn't care about what people think.

If post VI release /haniho/ is what we'd be like if we were more popular I would prefer we stay niche.

I've tried igniting Alicesoft interest on another website I frequent without much success and have mostly given up. Even if people show interest, they tend not to pursue it and don't contribute much even if they do play.

This is the sanctum of hannies with nothing better to do.

MyGloriousChannel, but he's been dead for awhile.

Thing is... The Rance games are much more than Rance being a rapist. If anything, that is what makes him more likeable. Alicesoft nailed Rance's character, making him likeable despite beinga rapist. Add to that, most of his sex is " consensual ", but above all, lighthearted.
Get a Youtuber to see Rance like this. His reaction to it will determine if he ruins his reputation.
Another possibility is having other hentai fans interested into the Alicesoft universe... there are many hentai fans who have only seen generic Japanese ero. Their minds will be blown once they enter the Rance universe.

I'm KRLeilafag

>MyGloriousChannel
>popular youtuber

>The Rance games are much more than Rance being a rapist.
Doesn't matter. People lose their shit over rape. No youtuber would be willing to play it openly because of the shitstorm it would cause on him unless it was a super small channel.

In this PC culture? Not a snowballs chance in hell.

Someone expressing their views loses them a good chunk of subscribers. Someone playing a game where someone rapes, no matter the tone, setup, and handling of it, and liking it? It'll never happen. You used the 'r' word. You lost before the battle began! After that you're attempting to defend rape, in the eyes of everyone else.

Pretty much this. Rape is more demonized than murder. There's no way one youtuber would get away unscathed, even if he didn't care what people would say.
He would be relentlessly attacked the moment he got some real attention. And that kind of attention could be harmful to Alice Soft if such a scandal gained momentum.

Only by editing the H-Scenes out do they stand a chance at uploading videos. I would do it, but I'm not tech-savey.