/bfg/ - Battlefield General

Previous Thread: >>>NEWS

Been playing for a week (only about 25hrs including completing the campaign). This is my first BF game. I have some solid leading headshots, but the distance on this was the longest I've plain killed someone.

WEBM-related: Short range headshot, just fun stuff, not that great for most. I'm just trying to improve my leading and drop over distance. Don't want to have to fire a shot just to see where to bullet lands.

Also it's mucho satisfying when you plink a guy who was rushing up to backstab your team while they cap a point.

Love

>Taking 5 extra seconds to admire the scout
What were you waiting for, you could have shot him way earlier

Retarded slow shooters non-cappers like you is the reason team-players like I get killed, and lose points.

If you're going to snipe at least be useful you fucking idiot.

>two targets on screen
>"better wait three hours and then shoot one of them"
also
>no spotting flares
literally of zero use

>Unironically saying "kek" and "noice"

is bf1 fun? im tempted to buy the game but i just dont want to be disappointed with a game i'll play for 5 hours then drop

>be on back to basics on monte grappa
>starts off slow, we cap E head to C
>no chaotic planes or tanks so it's quiet
>it's a nice peaceful stroll to C
>birds are chirping, stop to admire the nature of the map I've never noticed before
It's the little moments like this that make you appreciate the game

if you like multiplayer shooters, it's probably the best one currently active. it's not perfect and it's been casualized a bit but I've played 180 hours since release and I'm still having fun

Bought the game earlier this week. I'm having fun after 12+ hours. The leveling system is wonky though.

what part of "trying to improve" do you not understand? oh, autism. when 9/10 shots misses even though i was lined up and had a lead proper and my ping is 13ms, you feel the only thing you are doing wrong is playing BF1.

Campaign is pretty interesting, though very short. Multiplayer is arcade mess of chaos, but it is fast paced.

Hardcore is actually pretty damn great, I was surprised, but not many people play it because it's too heterosexual.

What the fuck were you expecting, you posted some mediocre gameplay and people critiqued it, albeit in not the most graceful words

>THAT SON OF A BITCH IS AN ENEMY MEDIC

t.reddit

I've logged 27h just as a grunt, haven't even touched on any of the vehicles. It's pretty fun.

Been playing since release (only about 300hrs not including the campaign). This is my second BF game. I have some solid rear gunner enemy hits, but the distance on this was the closest I've plane killed someone.

WEBM-related: Short range gunner spray, just fun stuff, not that great for most. I'm just trying to improve my shit and bass drop. Kinda want to spray just to see the pilot die ya know.

Also it's mucho satisfying when you plink a guy who was sneaking up to backstab your ass while you're jacking off in a plane.

the game looks interesting, i loved BF3 and played it almost autistically back on 360, but i havent played any shooters since, so was mostly wondering if this was a solid game to try out again, But from reading around and watching gameplay it does look fun. Might get it

JackFrags, LevelCrap, and a couple other battlefield youtubers are just making trash videos about PU's Battlegrounds. Are they being paid to do this or are they just jumping on the twitch bandwagon?

i still dont understand why PU's Battleground is so popular.

>THAT SON OF A BITCH IS A DARK TROOPER

>WATCH THOSE ATTACK PLANES

Autism strikes again

same to you mi amico

>have Straw Hat Pirates jolly roger as my emblem
>it gets slapped on all my weapons and vehicles
>mfw

Wait so they're gonna see pic related on my vehicles?

I think so, yeah. I confirmed it when I saw some DUDE LMAO emblem on an Assault Tank last night.

how are new weapons from dlc?

All fun
>Ribeyrolles is a headshot machine
>RSC outclassed by other medic guns but 2 hit kill is nice
>Chauchat 3 hit kills and quick reload is great
>Lebel is just plain fun

>Yaranaika on all my shit
feelsgoodman

Rate muh emblem plz

Ribeyrolles lets assault kill things at midrange without needing to resort to the odd mp18 experimental or the fickle 10A slug

RSC has 2-hit kill but needs plenty of skill due to 5 bullet mag. Still better than 1906.

Chauchat is like Benet Mercie with better killing power.

Lebel lets you plonk away with 8-bullet magazine. Unfortunately when you actually need to reload it's a fucking pain

Sjogren Inertial is fun like any other shotgun.

MLE1903 extended isn't that much different from the P08 Artillerie or C96 Carbine.

I haven't had much experience with shotguns but the Sjogren doesn't seem to have anything to distinguish itself from the other shotguns does it?

It has by far the fewest pellets I think, but each pellet does a good bit of damage.

Flavor of the month type of games, if you go and pay attention to those youtubers, PU Battlegrounds videos are doing much better than BF1's in terms of views (which all that matters)
ill give it few weeks before people start abandoning it.
on side note, why the hell do you watch those youtubers to begin with..

I don't watch them, I see them in my feed because I watch battlefield related videos

It's pretty accurate and has a nice sweet spot but it does have slow reload.

However with the way it's animated you can time your shots well.

50 kills with the slug is a pain in the ass, but pissing off hillniggers with shotgun countersniping is nice

Assault tank is memes.

I liked BF3, didn't get BF4 because it's pretty much a reskin.

BF1 is a reskin of BF3 as well, but I like WW1 setting and I can suspend my disbelief for fun, and it's quite fun, especially in hardcore.

Its great, reminds me of Strong World. Looks particularly good on the 1907 Sweeper.
That's actually how I figured out you stamp your emblem on everything, it's printed really big on the side of the 1907.

Yolo pigeon is memes

The spotlight variant is meme as fuck

Assault tank is also fast as fuck and tends to get stuck but it's easier to use compared to the landship that's for sure

Guys. Last night I actually took out 3 planes with an AA gun. They didn't see me or harass me at all.
What devilry is this?

It's not difficult if you wait to begin firing until they are unable to escape.
If you only get a couple hits off before they get out of range, jump off the gun and hide because they'll be coming for you.

the lower profile helps it use almost anything as cover, it feels like it handles better than the heavy tank as well

It's pretty nice for some weapons

>team losing
>decides to be a hillnigger and sit in the fortress

When will people realize that holding the fortress is a meme and only causes you to lose?

hopefully never, as long as i can cap the other flags while the rest slaughter each other near the fortress im happy.

>that one misplaced bracket
are you trying to trigger me?

I think the sjogren is the fastest one hit kill shotgun

ENEMY RIDER OFF HIS HORSE

What gun is that?

Selbstlader 1906 Factory

>start losing
>people leave
>getting spawn killed
>planes farming
>kek get good get AA :^)

maximum cancer
there is at least 1 guy going 100 0 every operation and you cant do shit about it.
its too easy to do that if you get planes before everyone else, and its way harder to stop them once they get going, cant believe people think that shit is balanced.
50 hours of operations playtime too and not once have I been able to get on a dreadnought, train or giant dildo
Im glad I didnt pay full price and the DLCs can go fuck itself
I had some fun but right now its just aids 9 time out of 10

ok guys so how do we deal with villar perosa?
i rather get automatico'd

I usually use hatchet-type weapons because if I figure I'm down to melee they're probably badly wounded and I want the best chance of finishing them.

But holy fuck the trench knife animations are nice now that I'm using it to unlock the Trench Fleur.

Bayonet

also medals are shit, dont even have time either to choose them before game starts most of the time
too many useless scraps to unlock shit weapons that I dont even bother with anymore, terrible ingame skins for money that all look the same in different colors
game is SHIT

Villar Perosa is quite literally 2 automaticos in a single body. I say make the hipfire drastically less accurate, it's a laser beam currently.

also one 1 piece of puzzle for one of the 'legendary' melee weapons in 50 hours and many battleturds
literally EA is telling me to buy battleturds for ingame skins that I already payed for and that are in the game
fucking terrible SHIT game

The rng for giving out puzzle pieces is fucked. I got the bartek very on (about lvl 30) and meme knife around 70, and kept getting pieces for the bartek after I built it. Wish I could just give em to someone.

>get Iron Walls on Quickmatch
>pick Autistico/The Savoia loadout for MAXIMUM IITALIA
>mfw sprinting from point to point permanently masked hipfiiring like a fiend
>won the Op with over 150 troops left in battalion 2

So this is the power of autism...

>Want choo choo
>forced to use the Lewis Gun Suppressive

Anyone else pleasantly surprised by this thing? I love it

Eh, I don't like the lewis gun suppressive. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the benet mercie telescopic, I didn't know why I didn't use it more.

Me too, it's incredibly DAKKA

>benet mercie telescopic

I got the Optical and just use a high zoom, works wonders.

Doesn't work well on certain maps though.

Does the premium friends thing work if you just own the DLC not premium? A few of the descriptions make it sound that way but I couldn't seem to get it to work.

>team is getting its shit pushed in
>look at all members
>nearly half the team is playing as scout

fucking why

You can choose the medal at any point from start menu.

fucking THIS

>playing operations
>trying to cap a point
>50/50 enemies vs us
>we start getting ahead
>plane flies over and kills four of us
>I run to them to revive
>they all skip before I reach them
>we lose the point and I die
I'm starting to understand people who just use rifle grenades, this shit is so infuriating it's amazing

GIVE
PLATOONS
NOW
CAN'T
WAIT
ANY
LONGER

IF THEY WORK THEN PORT THEM NOW, LIKE N O W

I'd like to think they were switching their class to better adapt to the situation but they were probably just scared and moved to the easier point.
Such is life when playing with shitters.

This why I make it a point to heal/revive every man in my squad at least once each, then they all know they have a competent medic which results in less premature redeploys.

Post emblems.

>plane ramming scum
When will they ever learn?

I'm not very good at emblems.

What skin is that?

I painstakingly slave for like an hour+ trying to appease my autism and make it look damn near perfect to the reference I'm using at the time.
I should try being original for once.

Red Dazzle for the Attack Plane

>killed a tanker on St. Quentin
>ran around with his kit for the rest of the round and actually got kills with the pieper
That was fun

I like making shield emblems more than anything else. Kind of like making a family shield/crest, it's fun.

Muh 420 no scope

BF1 brought in all the COD kids especially since Infinite Warfare was quite frankly, shit. Te campaign was alright though

What do you think of the pieper?

an attempt was made at text.

It feels like a real primary weapon, not like a pistol with extra bullets
If I had to compare it to something it would be like a slower firing 1907 SL

I know I'm kinda bad but I like seeing how I stack up, post stats.

Nice but it doesn't beat the Frommer Stop Autistico

>it's an artillery truck sits in their spawn taking potshots episode

Only reason half of the weapons are up there is because I was using them to unlock

>mp18 optical
>headshots: 20

Just meme my shit up senpai

I swear to god, the only reason I have that many tank kills is to get level 10 tanker. Which I haven't even reached yet.

I got like 70 M97 hunter kills today unlocking the Sjogren Inertial, made it my top weapon.

Good shit man, I'm wanting that double barrel too

I wish I had a real 50% winrate.

>Airchav