USA confirmed as Whore of Babylon?

Some of the evils begotten by Western Liberalism:
>mockery of gods laws and bastrardization of Religion
> sexual degeneracy
>destruction of family values and traditional marriage
>Military-industrial complex
>global Capitalism
>rampant consumerism

The old Abrahamic testaments: be you JEwish, Christian, or Muslim, describe the people who lived in those societies as wicked degenerates fit for God's wrath? Are we those evil people Veeky Forums?
discuss

>USA confirmed as Whore
Yes.

trying to interpret prophecy is a fool's game

I don't mean literal prophesy or one-to-on metaphor?
What i'm saying is that, wouldn't we be considered "evil" by the old testament? and isn't America the Paragon of all the aforementioned things plaguing modern society

Those ancient people: the Sodomites, Canaanites, Babylonians etc etc were all deamed evil and deserving of punishment. including those who didn't partake but didn't speak out against. Are we for death by the most excruciating ways? slaughtered by israelites? consumed by floods, locusts, earthquakes, etc and only to by sent straight for the fires of hell.?
Are we fucked?

Someone help i'm freaking out... how could god by so cruel?

I am fit only for death and flames.. like the canaaanites.

>Would modern man be considered evil by the standards of bronze age jews

Yes.

Traditional marriage and family values are a meme. The sooner they disappear the better our society will be.

>traditional family values

>traditional
>family
>values

A few hundred years before the American revolution, people thought children were just small people and childhood was a foreign notion.

At the time of the American revolution, it was common practice to have your daughter sleep in the visitor's bed to make sure it was warm, but to keep the male visitor tied in a sack from the waist down.

During the civil war family values meant mailing your smallpox scabs to your relations so that they could eat them for immunity.

>During the civil war family values meant mailing your smallpox scabs to your relations so that they could eat them for immunity.

how is a weird medical practice related to taboo concerning families you tryhard tumblrfag?

So what's it like eating your cousins user?

That's pretty much every successful state in the world past, present, and future

yes even the Medieval ones.

wtf I hate America now

It seems to me that description fits any cosmopolitan urban region.
Abrahamic religions were developed and practiced by simple rural folk and even nomadic tribals, they resented more civilized people and made a catarsis of their inferiority complex writting about how corrupt and decadent they were in comparison of their noble fellow sheep shaggers and robbing bands of primitives.
To add insult to injury, the most urban and cosmopolitan civilization until the industrial revolution invaded their lands, burned their temples and made a mockery of their customs.
Amazing how ancient provincian butthurt is still relevant in the mind of plebs today.

So you are saying that it is perfectly fine that a whole generation is being raised without family bondage owing loyalty to nothing but their bank accounts

If you have an idea of raising a family properly without any money I would love to hear it.

Usually "poor home" and "broken home" tend to be synonymous.

I sure that's how normal people's families look like from your christian bubble perspective.
I mean even if you were presented with contrarian evidence you would still believe it because its the doctrine of your ideology that people that do not adhere to it are lost without purpose.
I used to fuck this Christian girl when I was a horny teen desperate for pussy and her family was a mess, they were all losers and fought constantly even staging drama scenes in front of me while everyone in my atheist family is educated, has a career and gets along.Yet in her eyes my family was the wicked one, she called our peace "indifference" our success "vanity" while her family infighting was "how healthy families act because arguing is part of love" and their poverty was "dedication to Christ"
I know its anecdotal evidence but it summarises the mentality of people in cults so well.

christianity is corrupted as well. Evangelicals , megachurches, "christian" politicians advocating for war and burdening the poor are just a few examples

I want a religious perspective not a racist perspective

>If you have an idea of raising a family properly without any money I would love to hear it.

open the bible. Heck, even the Torah or Koran if you prefer

t. yehuda goldstein

how are any of those evils evil. What are half of those. What do the words you are saying mean beyond "these are bad and evil"

Rome was the whore of Babylon, the only reason Christians don;t think so any more is because the prophecies of Revelation didn't come true so they "can't have" meant Rome. They did, and the reason they didn't come true is because they're fanfic, not "real" prophecies.

Yes this is true. However, God will not destroy us until we fully "ripen in iniquity" like previous civilizations like the Jaredites, Nephites, Antediluvians etc.

Oh no, we're evil by the standards of an ancient nomadic tribe that got conquered by everybody. That's sooo spooky.

There was a history Chanell show a while back- mysteries of the bible I think- that claimed that the invasion of Iraq was the prophasized punishment on babylon??
do burgers actually think like this.."hey lets bomb the everloving fuck out of some brown people that live around the general vicinity of where babylon was ...its all good cause god says so"...

>we
nice spook

>that claimed that the invasion of Iraq was the prophasized punishment on babylon??

Given that Babylon has been abandoned for over 2,000 years, it's a pretty pathetic "judgement".

I love how Jesus stating clearly that the end times were in the lifetime of the apostles and their generation is somehow a metaphor solely based on the notion that Jesus cannot be wrong by any means.
It shows you how intellectually dishonest religious people are.