Graduating in 2008/2009

Graduating in 2008/2009
>no jobs at all even mcjobs are getting thousands of resumes
>unemployment 15%
>economy eventually recovers but by then you have a resume gap and are basically unemployable
>basically a failed generation

Graduating 2011-present
>university grads have multiple offers, making 80k starting
>pre-recession experienced workers making 2x 2007 wages
>2008/2009 grads are either working dead end jobs, back in school, or suicide casualties

Feels bad man

You need a swift kick in the ass.

Theres jobs out there to get now, go get one.

Or accept your fate:

Be a bitch about it, or learn from your mistakes.

You only have yourself to blame.

Get fukd boomer

I graduated in 08. Bought a condo and a new car. Paid off both and student loans. Maybe you're the problem?

Do you think people who graduated college in 2008/2009 are baby-boomers?

>always suspected millenials were this stupid but didn't have confirmation

>tfw graduated 2015 and got my bonus and comp guidance for next year
>85k base with 30k target salary
>potential for 45k bonus and 130k total comp
>this year exceeded bonus target and got 15k raise in base salary

Feels fuckin good. I think im gonna buy a bunch of cocaine this weekend

>he thinks it's easy for a new grad to get a job now

Lol everything is minimum 5 years experience

Youre either a troll or a fucking idiot

mcjobs are for people who have mcjob experience and you should put a hispanic middle name

>1 Post by this ID

Abandon thread!

This is NOT a bait thread, it is merely a sober look at the post-recession job market

>Abandons thread directly after posting
>Comes back to only respond to the accusation if being bait

If it looks like bait, and smells like bait, its probably bait.

He's the problem? He caused unemployment among graduates to be near 50% in 2009-2011?

kys

>getting a job

There's your problem. Why the fuck would you want to get a job? Wagecucks are pathetic.

It's easier than ever before to make money but you need to break out of the wagecuck mentality.

Me: The Thread.

I'm inclined to agree, I'm trying to write a cover letter now and it's a fucking retarded waste of time when I could be importing kratom by the thousands of kilograms from Indonesia and making an online store

I have a job but most of my friends that graduated at the same time don't. I'm in Alberta Canada with an engineering degree

>I'm in Alberta Canada with an engineering degree

Same here

>willing to move to the middle of buttfuck nowhere northern canada
>still can't find a job

Yep.

Bait confirmed

Lol yeah. we always laugh about that, us 31 year old "boomers" who took shit jobs to pay bills. College was free for us back then btw u mad? lol

Gr8 b8 m8 8/8

Where in Alberta m8? I'm in red deer and consider myself very lucky to have a good paying job I like to do.

Which city in Canada is still a good place to get a decent paying job ?

Depends on what you want to do. I have a buddy who is in oil/gas and making $47/ hour as a rough neck. It won't last long though. I do insurance and work is always steady and it's a fun job. Not ball busting labour

Are you an insurance underwriter ? Where you from mate ?

Negative. I am a broker and I am from red deer Alberta. Sorry I'm not properly replying, long time lurker first time poster.

Broker ? That's sales right ? How do you find your leads and would you advise non sales guy to get into it in Toronto ?

What field are you in?

wtf field gets you that after 4 years of undergrad?

or does your dad run the company

You faggots think he's all that he says ?EL oh EL

Yes, I connect sellers and buyers. As far as quotes go whenever someone contacts the company for a quote it is thrown into a pool and the first one that claims it gets to take it. I do not know enough about insurance in the east to advise someone to move out there for it. One of my co workers was an adjuster out there and he says that Alberta is a better market if that helps you any.

I graduated December 2008. Was the suck. All the work I've done has been remote. Finally I'm in a city of 400k, not that I really need it, but muh social interaction. Can't really function normally, no friends, probably scarred.

I dropped out in 2008

You're me.

>dat resume gap

>graduating this upcoming semester
>have $100k job lined up
>tax will be slightly cut by Trump so I keep more of my money (~1/3 owed taxes -> ~1/4 owed taxes)

Feels great man

Forgot to mention:

>NO STUDENT DEBT

Someone didn't do their internships or pre graduation applications/resume

I work in finance for a real estate private equity firm.

We are 13 people managing $1 billion in equity, about $4 billion in assets

Yeah dude, just cause you suck at life doesn't mean everyone does

>he thinks Trump will actually cut taxes

Lol wanna know how I know you don't actually have a $100k per year job? Cause you're a fuckin dumbass

I'm going to graduate in December with a degree in Accounting focus Information Systems... I haven't been able to land an internship because of GPA being about 2.2 now 2.6 and looking to rise after this semester. Taking classes on data analytics, SAP, and normal auditing courses. Any tips from anons?

>graduating with a 2.6

Yeah try and do it all over again cause youre not gonna get shit except shitty recruiter and human resources jobs..

Maybe even wind up at Starbucks if u didn't go to a halfway decent school

You lack reading comprehension bro? I said looking to rise from 2.6 before graduation in December... two semesters from now.

God dammit I don't know why I post on here I just want to beat your nerd ass. I got fucking quads too and I can't even be exciting about it, never done it and can't be happy.

Have you ever worked a corporate job? The one thing you learn very quickly is that there are an incredible number of unbelievably stupid and incompetent people earning over $100,000/year.

This is especially true with the "enhanced" affirmative action programs in many publicly-traded companies.