W e r k e

Previous thread. ↙↙
Off to Bimmerfest 2017 edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6151914535.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw sold my 530 for a "reliable" DD
>already more problems than I had with the beat to shit 530

So I'm looking at buying an e90 335i. How much can I realistically expect to spend on maintaining it?

Would it be any safer/less costly to maintain if I replace the water pump, thermostat and hpfp when I buy it instead of waiting for failure?

I understand the 335i can be expensive, but I can't seem to find anywhere which lists the scope of maintenance costs.

hpfp is under warranty for cars under 130k miles. water pump + thermostat is $500 if you replace them yourself. check for oil leaks, usually the oil filter housing gasket/valve cover gasket/ and oil filter housing to oil cooler gaskets get fucked at 60k+ miles. Stay away from high wastegate rattle if you can and treat your turbos well and they won't go out before 150k miles. N54's are more reliable than other bimmers if you aren't stupid.

People shit talking BMW is a meme and is perpetuated by people that can't do basic maintenence

I know, my E32 750 has always been there for me when all else fails.

Any Germans online?
Trying to buy e92 M3 from Germany but so far only 2 out of 6 sellers actually replied, first one was some turkish roach who gave me the vin fast but after I said I could come down there to test drive it he went silent. Wtf? I gave a exact date and time but he never replied back???
2nd chick simply thanked for interest but my offer wasn't an option, again wtf??? Exact quote: "Vielen Dank für Interesse. Ihr Angebot ist keine Option"

Other 4 have completely ignored me, all are privet sellers thought but still...
Last time I bought from a dealer and that was super smooth, this time no dealer is offering M3 in color combo I want. Do you guys think maybe they aren't checking emails from Autoscout or Mobile?

What's the best engine BMW has ever built and why is it the S54?

You need to call them if you want a response.

Also what did you write them? Next time try this:
>Mögte Auto kaufen. Letzte Preis €4000.

I asked them for vin and if theyd be familiar with exporting car from Germany.

Where are you from?

If it's not Austria or Switzerland try asking some more normal questions first, like what the condition of the car is and when you could have a look. Then once you're talking to them mention that you might be exporting it. 95% that they won't be familiar with that and at least a bit sceptical.

Finland.
Well it's bit late for that isn't it? Also 1 car is from Austria what I really want, sent him one English email and one German but still no replie.
I guess I have to call them and ask whats up.

The best engine by BMW is the m12 that's in the f1 mclaren.

lol the M12 is a 4 banger 1.5 liter that made 1500hp
Mclaren F1 had a 600hp V12

what are some "should probably replace if you plan on driving the car hard" items for cars with the N54/N55?

a friend of mine blew his chargepipe while we were canyon crarving, so when i get a 135i i'll immediately replace it with the burgertuning aluminum one when i get my JB4 from them aswell.

My bad lol.

I just got a job with BMW. What should I expect, Veeky Forums?

lots of replacing broken plastic bits and waterpumps. which are also made out of plastic.

Its a V12, and its called the S70/2 in the McLaren. They had M70 and M73 which are V12 engines that push about half the power of the S70 (600hp and 300hp)

This guy is right, the S70/2 is by far the best engine. Whoch inturn makes the S50B32 the second best engine since the S70 is two of those put together at the crank.

I want to buy an Import 93' 325i E36. It's RHD with a straight 6 and an auto tranny with just over 50K miles on it. The importer will do a mechanic inspection and fix anything before sale but how much of a budget am I going to need to keep this thing running?

Also how terrible of an idea is this?

>300k miles
Damn, not bad all things considered
sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6151914535.html

Why do E60s trigger people here so badly?

So how do you guys feel when Alfa makes your TOTL performance car obsolete?

I plan on throwing all the burger parts in mine.

Quite smug, knowing alfa will never come even close to the levels of my 7 series

What happened to my e36 radiator? Marks like these all over the motor side. Other side is dirty but intact.

Gravel/debris thrown into it by fan?

looks like what happens when a retard tries to change the waterpump without taking the radiator out.

If its motor side it's caused by mechanics hands and tools rubbing on the fins while working on the motor.

>user you do a lot of driving maybe you should get something more reliable
They had to replace the tranny in their Corolla under 60k miles

The nissan does have like 10 times cheaper insurances, twice the em pee gees and so on, yet it failed me despite having a full engine rebuild done barely 10k ago.

Meanwhile, E32 is still sitting there patiently, waiting, obviously smug as shit knowing that I cannot escape its clutches ever again.

Where are you located?
If going through the trouble of importing I would at least get a 328 in manual.
That's also a very early model.
Why do you need to import anyway?

The M30.

Have fun with those lifters and that cam oiler tube

Why is it so pretty? Why am I so obsessed with the M70 and M73?

What's a good mileage for a used BMW?
I've been eyeballing a 1996 E36 and a 2001 E46, both with about 170000 km on them. First guy wants 500 yurobucks, second one wants 750.
Should I get one, and if yes which one?

Those are actually pretty low km's for both, most of the E36s I see have well over 200k kms on them.

great to know, thanks.

No problem. What are you mostly after? You can probably get a more up trim and bigger engine E36 for a good price than you will for a E46.

rust free 5 speed E24 for $1500 is a good deal already

a cheap as fuck RWD that doesn't drink too much gas, good for work commute and sick doriftos.

the 46 is 1800cc tho, the 36 is 1600

Maybe get a 323 or 325, a 328 will probably eat a fair amount of fuel. If you want a lot of economy then get a 320.

Being hectic with any of their engine sizes is easy though so it just comes down to how much power and fuel consumption you want.

the ones i was looking at are 316 compact, 320s cost 4x as much.

from what i've seen, gas consumptions for the 316 is nearly the same as my current ancient shitbox

(posted too early) said shitbox does about 14 km per liter, ain't so bad. I'm ok with getting a car with the same consumption and 60 extra HP

Okay but keep in mind they are quite ugly and are usually driven by women. Why not get a 318 coupe?

where do you live that women drive two-door RWDs? here that's more of an albanian gypsy car, kek

last 318 i saw for sale was around 2500-3000 yuros, i'd rather buy uglier but cheaper.

Ausfag. I guess things are a little different here.

>women drive compacts like the 316 and hot hatches and even the 318s
>people from the land of sand drive around in base model 3 series
>people in older 5 series are either enthusiasts or idiot 20 somethings with some money that mod them to trash
>old 7 series are exclusively enthusiast or original owner, same goes for 6 series

As for new then it's all people that can actually afford them.

Oh also our V8 culture. You can get a V8 here for less than $1k so the people that drive those can be women to people who love going fast to just people who commute.

Compacts are far from ugly.

And a 318i coupe weighs 500 pounds more so much more slow. Why would you want that?

Compacts are the same here. Either women (who bought them new) or the cult following of the .org members. Occasionally wanna be rich mexicans.

my e36

328i

Oh yeah, I do see the occasional obviously make driven one (M sport wheels etc) but for the most part its women. I'm pretty mixed on the compact, I personally prefer the sedan and coupe. I think the dash in the compact is really interesting though, it's like a slightly modernized E30 dash.

I can say for certainty though that the E36 is the most abused BMW in Australia. Pretty much anything less than the 325 has been driven to within an inch of its life. There are plenty of nice 325s and 328s around but they fetch a high price since the owners didn't abuse them.

The E36 in the backround on the right is a 93 325i. Its slow as balls compared to the TI, and its a drag to drive it around. Sedans are cool and all but only if you got the power (328 minimum)

Shut the fuck up

328 is the maximum for the E36 isn't it? Aside from the M3 obviously, which are rare here and are very highly priced.

>325 slower than a 316

It's a 318ti but it's still bullshit, I refuse to believe that a 170hp car is slower than a 140hp car, unless the first one is beat to shit and barely works.

Yeah, okay. It might be 125kg lighter but it's still much slower.
Also, 192hp not 170 it seems. Although I'm not sure, I've seen conflicting information

> It feels slow as balls compared.

Not that it is. The power weight ratio is nearly identical, and track times have proven that the car with less weight that are even in P/W ratio are typically faster. Adding one person to the sedan makes it very grogy (I use to drive it to school years and years ago, when it was just me felt okay, one person slowed it down, 2 people really fucked its day and if you add in the 3rd have fun trying to get up hills.

Heaven forbid though that someone found a lighter car more enjoyable to drive around than a heavy ass sedan. If thats what you like than go get one they aren't bad cars, but if you are looking for enjoying ever second of the drive, getting hectic in some corners, or just hooning, the TI does it better, especially given the tail happy rear suspension it has.

I like the ti because it's more like an E30 suspension wise. A lot of people say it's the most balanced E36 and having driven an E30 325is, E36 318ti (with way more put into the suspension than that car ever deserved) and a heavily modified 328is, the ti felt more like my E30 than the E36.

It was also supercharged.

This is getting frustrating, I really don't want to settle for a black interior M3 but no one answers my calls or texts, my phone number should be visible and everything, surely its not some sauerkraut holiday I'm not aware of?

You would be very correct. I assume it was DASC'd, which makes about US Spec M3 power. They are very fun little cars and Ive had the pleasure of driving bone stock base models all the way to fully M swapped TIs. The base models drive okay, but once you get some decent shocks/springs (even Mtech is a HUGE upgrade) the car really wakens up. I agree they do feel much more E30ish than E36ish but I think that its a very good thing as the front end feels much more planted and has the better suspension of the E36. Its literally a Z3 in a different shell. And those things drive really good to!

Saving this thread from becoming the dead.

Any of you guys been to bimmerfest i never been there before might go this weekend just to check it out might be fun

ayy

I brought my baby home today.
Now all I need is new tires and brakes and to fix the window and to fox the air conditioning and to find why the engine is shaky at idle.
I think it just needs plugs because it was just swapped in...

Forgot picture