Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wrJcrGnoY34
youtube.com/watch?v=eMgBcR43dws
youtube.com/watch?v=U_0TeykT5NA
youtube.com/watch?v=zOsRITXDBxk
strawpoll.me/12664849
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's wrong with her face?

Map design and high difficulty interlock.
You get chased out of the dungeon regularely but thanks to shortcuts you can get back where you were easily.
That makes shortcuts natural breakpoints if you only want a short dive/session.

Many, many other dungeon crawlers have you "progress" through a floor based on trial and error - if you get chased out your great accomplishment usually is that you found a path that is a dead end so next time you don't need to look that way.
It feels less rewarding to me like this and if you find the right way on your first try it can get annoying to backtrack because you could have missed something important (but you rarely do).

Skill points make a huge difference.
Every point is a small progression and reward and the control about your characters just feel great (although better insight as to what skills actually do would be nice).
While most classes are played a certain way there are small variations and you can decide what you go for first.
And the system that TP costs or negative effects only increase at certain skill ranks makes it so that not every level is a hard decision. Instead multiple levels are bundled into one "I'll go for that next" which keeps you form experiencing decision fatigue.

Besides this varied classes, the bind/ailment system is interesting, buff/debuff limits and interactions keep you from stacking math in every party and encounter.
And of course great music, nice but not overpowering visuals and cute girls. Lots and lots of cute girls.

Just as empty inside as the fans of the series

Thanks man.
The reason I asked is because I haven't picked up my 3ds in three months now, and was looking for some inspiration to play again. I'm more than halfway through EO4, and I also bought EOU for a christmas present to myself last year.
I feel like I'm ready to tackle Yggdrasil once more

>the bind/ailment system is interesting
Yeah, I've always really appreciated how ailments in EO have such a major part in combat, instead of being a minor annoyance sprinkled on top of the usual staples of attacking and skills.

That very first time you take poison damage, and realize you are not going to survive another round of it if you don't get your shit together NOW, is awesome.

>realize you are not going to survive another round
more like die right away, i'm looking at you Chimera

You don't explore Yggdrasil in EO4 though.

You still deal with it, even if this time it's an asshole

Also works both ways. Putting points in ailment skills feels like a worthwhile investment.

No, you literally tackle it.

I also like how binds and ailments stack.
Usually you either have effect like these be weak but you can stack as many as you like or they are strong and you can have exactly one.

Having binds and ailments run parallel makes classes like Hexer so much more useful and makes Hexer and Dark Hunter a strong combo instead of rivals that compete for the same slot.

>I also like how binds and ailments stack.
I like how it gives multiple paths for dealing with enemies.

Some fucker has impossibly high AGI? You could buff your team, or debuff him, or paralyze him, or leg bind him. Someone about to OHKO you with a skill? You've got blind, fear, the appropriate bind, or the usual buffs/debuffs.

It makes team comps more interesting and personal strategies more unique. I liked watching everyone working on the U2 Artelinde/Wilhem battle and coming up with different ways to counteract their Burst/Break attacks.

What if now you can chart your map in DEEP SJ?

After taking a short break Solo Fortress went ahead and attacked the Heavenbringer.
I am actually happy to report that the damage was too much for me and I got slowly whittled down over a just a few turns.

Which means for the first time since the very beginning of the game I will actually go grinding.
Not that I enjoy grinding but its good to actually have a challenge instead of just bosses that die on the first try (and Logre).
I might actually need to use different equipment for this fight - but let's not get ahead of ourselves. First I want to get to 70R70 then I will see how to proceed from there.

The game would instantly be better.
But maybe not enough to actually be considered good.

If we are lucky they add an anti-story mode that cuts out all the boring story crap and just lets you actually explore instead of calling you back every five minutes...

>even autism loli can't remove trees

EOV in the west when

What is with your hate-boner for Strange Journey? I know you're butthurt they announced it instead of EO3U but jesus fuck man.

After EMD2.

I find it funny how the le 4th april meme guy stopped memeing for a few days already, like it's going to help him anymore

Soon.

But actually, the tree is currently removed.
And killing the Heavenbringer will make a new tree.

So, for what song did you guys vote?

i didn't

Misty ravine EOIV

Don't judge

No Twitter but this one
youtube.com/watch?v=wrJcrGnoY34

septette of dead princess

#sqvote141

youtube.com/watch?v=eMgBcR43dws

>City of Radiant Ruin is not Lost Shinjuku's theme

Abyssal God boss theme
youtube.com/watch?v=U_0TeykT5NA

Cyclopean haunt theme

So many EO3 titles...
I wonder if the orchestrated versions will be able to stand up to the originals should EO3U ever become a reality.

Can't wait for the day to see Neners as the OP image.

>EOV localisation announced
>New EO thread
>Bunny waifus as OP image
>Nenefag gets BTFO
I'll bet you

3 has some of the best FM synth tracks, so I highly doubt it. That said, I hope this one gets a similar treatment to Destruction Begets Decay. It had potential but the original is a shitty loop.

youtube.com/watch?v=zOsRITXDBxk

The classes having more individuality and the focus on sinergy. EO skill system is kinda like Wizardry 6 ~ 8 but in these games everyone can basically learn everything and by endgame you have 6 or 8 hybrid units that can use several
spells, hide like a ninja and dual wield. EO is a lot more limited but your party composition is actually important.

That won't stop neneposters.

Nenever ever

I want to rape a Masurao [female(male)]

What do I miss for not playing story mode in U1?
Can I at least do the 6th stratum?

>What do I miss for not playing story mode in U1?
The Gladsheim stratum, the Gunner and Highlander class, some enemies, enemy drops, and chests (so you can't get those badges on your guild card, and you can't buy a few items such as the strongest katana).

>Can I at least do the 6th stratum?
Yes, that's available in both modes.

treasures medal
maps medal
codex medal
items medal
story mode medal
amenohabakiri
Hi/G
action boost

Is there any DLC for EO2U in Yurop?

the europe exclusive dlc(nothing)

Maauraos are for gentle cuddling, not for rape

>No highlander
>No onsen
>No Mediko & Friends

All dlc is in download tab in main menu

Unless you're an autist who cares about medals nothing really.

You do miss out on the gunner's action boost, which is probably the best dps skill in the game, sadly.

Haven't even checked that one so disregard me 'cause I'm a turboautist

>wanting medico

It's not rape if they crave it

Does it make you feel better if I say I like Lolihexer better?

Masuraos are for

DELET !!!!

Stuffing?

That's why EOV in the west never

Sand Leviathan has fallen to the solo Fortress.

It took only 83 turns because I could spam abilities instead of constantly defending but I actually came close to dying twice because of his many multi-hit attacks.
One time I only survived with 8 HP and was only saved because I evaded his last hit.

Basically the same thing that made bunnies so horrible: multi-hit TEC based attacks don't play nice with Fortress.
Ain't I lucky that Heavenbringer has one of those?

Aside from sheep what other FOEs can I turn golden with food for late game grinding?

>EOV localisation announced
Let's not get carried away here

qt

>He has a headcanon

most of eo4's postgame bosses are ridiculously easy. dragons, sand leviathan, and hraesvelgr in particular

warped savior would also be pretty difficult, probably on par with primevil or abyssal god, if it weren't for burst skills and chemicals

Wait, Sand Leviathan and Hraesvelgr are supposed to be post-game bosses?
I thought they were just quest bosses like the Baboon King.

If they are supposed to be tackled after the Heavenbringer that's just sad...

>manface
>qt

>freckles
ew

You have a weird concept of men.

I'm not sure if I see the same picture as you do
You've looked at one too may trap doujins if you see this as female(male)

yep. If I remember correctly, iwaoropenelep, sand leviathan, hraesvelgr, the dragons, fallen one, and warped savior are supposed to be the postgame bosses. hraes and sand can be fought before beating the heavenbringer but you fight them so close to the end of the game when you're almost done with the 5th stratum unlike chameleon king who I believe can be fought before cradle guardian so I think they're just rolled into the rest. sand leviathan also has higher stats than the heavenbringer which is pretty kekworthy but also probably another indicator you're not meant to fight him in the main game, despite him being super easy

>not having a cannon on your head
plebmaster

Trapshark is a better girl than this disappointment
Make Niralda great again

Legit made me laugh

sleepymaster cannot laugh

she'll laugh after I've broken her mind and hymen with my enormous penis and killed her entire explorer party

Apologize to me for making me read this

Any good way to petrify stuff in 4? Don't feel like wasting formaldehyde on a fucking ice bulb

There's no easy way to do it.

You basically have to get a character with high LUC (arcanists work best for this), ailment boost, a weapon with a lot of petrify slots (I forget where the hammer is, I think it's in hall of darkness b3f, sadly enough), and then on top of all that you have to make sure it doesn't accidentally kill.

seeing as you need a lot of setup that requires late game gear and the fact that you may not want to grind up an arcanist from level 1 formaldehyde is actually probably the best option. nightmare rams aren't that bad

I miss grimoires desu

Why are all therian males fuckbois?
Is it nature?
The females are stronger like cheetahs and sheeit?

Cute fluffy ears

Fuck grimoires.

How would you fuck a stone

freckles are the best

wrong

big brown girls are the best

Like Cestus(female) big or Cestus(hulk) big?

Like Hannah(innkeeper).

That's a good big

>nobody on /v/ likes EO
strawpoll.me/12664849

>/v/
who cares about garbage containment board

all those choices are memes including sekaiju

>/v/
Those retards don't play games

why can't I alter class into an awoo
this is racist

This