/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #720 - Just Smile Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IyIEY8drcXg
reddit.com/r/place/#x=944&y=921
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

What if Sally

First for best ship

I want to kiss Princess Elise!!

Goddamnit, I was putting the finishing touches on the new thread.

6th for cute
youtu.be/IyIEY8drcXg

nice new thread you got here

would be a shame if I dumped all of my shitty Sally x Nicole, Sonic x nobodygivesashitaboutfromthecomic, etc. art that no one wants here

Wasn't a horrible leader? A horrible character?

You always have next time, user.

Gotta go fast

Was a squirrel?

>that no one wants

Sorry user, you can only speak for yourself.

best ship

Charmy doesn't have a stinger, he has a spike. Males have spikes on their butts to defend themselves, but they're not stingers.

Now to have absolutely nothing to talk about because nothing substantial enough to carry a thread has been released in a long time while the same images get posted for the 300th time.

Seriously, why do these threads persist?

shitty op reeee

A shame, indeed.

where are my fellow shipfags at
post your best ships (even though you know it's not as good as this)

The same reason Undertale threads exist. It's not about the content, it's about the hugbox community. And the drawfags.

Was something other than fap material?

human girl
best girl

Took matters into her own hands?

With the upcoming comic trades removed from Amazon, what is still left to be released?

I think Sonic Universe is supposed to come in 2 weeks, but I think we all know that's unlikely to actually come out then.

It's the only place I want to go to discuss Sonic.

Though there's not much to talk about so shipfags have ruined it. I need news.

>filename
The knife came from the inside of her vest.

>It's an /sthg/ complains about itself for hours on end episode.

We /fast/ now

>you will never dom Silver like the beta he is

Post more Espio.

What did they mean by this?

Draw that twotailed bitch
reddit.com/r/place/#x=944&y=921
or help maintain Sonic just a bit up there

Fuck off shill
Comics are dead. Nothing's coming out. Hopefully the comicfags and shipfags can fuck off now

What if Sticks had a really tragic backstory involving her being dumped in the woods by her parents

then she wouldn't be the first

Then she wouldn't be Sally. Her character is unsalvageable unless you change it so much that she wouldn't be Sally

really wish we could keep the comic related ships in /co/ or something at least. Sonic x Amy/Blaze/Shadow/Cheese/whoever is fine since at least the people not into it can laugh or at least know who the characters are. I thought we did a demographic survey months ago and found most of us are just gamefags. When most of us see Sonic x Sally/some fox/some anime mongoose/some computer woman that's actually a lynx for some reason/etc. we have no idea what's going on or who these characters are. At least if we discouraged comic ships here there would be less complaining

I want to love and protect her

Reddit sux, but hey, maybe we can show these autists that Sonic™® still exists
If more people cared we could've made a Sonic Mania/Forces logo

If anything the comic fags will stay because unless they just talk about waifus they're not really welcomed on /co/ any more, most of the day anyway.

it's kind of cliche. Parents abandon their child in the woods/forest/jungle and it grows up wild. Vicious towards humans (or anthros I guess in the Sonic world?) and friendly towards animals.

But I can see it working for her. It makes sense given how she acts in the show.

You're adorable.

Nah. There's a good amount of comicfags here, & if there's people who don't know the comics characters, the comicfags are usually more than willing to explain who they are.

Besides, the Sonic general is about discussing all things Sonic, & that includes the comics & tv shows.

>We have to drive off the majority of posters though. Cancer killing the general

Fify

I don't mind the 'bad archie comic art' and 'great archie comic reaction image' threads though. Those are always good.

>/sthg/
>less complaining
That's never going to happen.

is that way

Silver, while not as emotionally stoic as some other characters, is far from a beta. The dude's willing to fight for what he believes in, even if it's misguided justice

If I have a leddit account that doesn't mean I'm a left feminist black jew, we just want to draw a fucking pic, yo

He's a fucking idiot senpai. He's an idiot who's willing to fight for what he believes in, but he's still not that bright
Not him, but stop shilling your fucking subreddit.

>not him

So I'm a bit low on comic-related reaction images. Care to give some, /sthg/?

The Archiefags only really get annoying when there is a basic character discussion and suddenly the Freedom Fighters get brought up.

Reminder that the comics is what started /sthg/ in the first place, that attempts to start a Sonic general on /co/ have regularly been met with "go to Veeky Forums" and that anyone who thinks we should go to /co/ is a /trash/Discord shit-poster.

Eagerly awaiting the furious replies from /trash/Discord shitposters angrily trying to claim they're not.

I want reddit out.
I want ssmb out.
I want "waaah comicfags" babies out.
I want Sonic Mania out so I can buy it god dammit Sega please.

Yes, believe it or not there's more than one person that hates you shilling your fucking subreddit in a Veeky Forums thread. Please fuck off

He's naive, but not a moron. Even says so in his character bio

I've been on this general since the beginning and the shipfags and comicfags have NEVER been this bad. We've always had a lot of interest in the comic here (hell that's how this general started in the first place) but usually the threads were a good mix of game discussion, tv discussion, comics, complaining about , etc. It was never JUST about the games or JUST about the comics. Lately it feels like it's always about the comics, specifically shipping. It's like as soon as we figured out the comic might be cancelled, the shipfags just went into overdrive. Oh, the comics are cancelled. That means my shitty headcanon OTP is validated and no one can prove otherwise. Better spam it on every Sonic related discussion forum I go on.

Comicfags/shipfags have become insufferable lately and I say this as a comicfag.

> Implying I wouldn't have him be the dom
It's like you hate spaghetti

It's blatantly fucking obvious you're the same person given your post pattern. Also there are multiple people that think you're a shitposting faggot right now.

Here's your (you)

>He's not an idiot but he's an idiot

But you forget this is called Veeky Forums as in "VIDEO GAME Generals". Most people who come here want to talk about the Sonic VIDEO GAMES. The comics and other stuff should be side-content. And Sonic comic discussion IS nowadays welcomed back to /co/.

Naivety =/= Idiocy

Mania better be worth the price.

Holy shit please stop posting any time. You're getting obnoxious. Nobody wants to help your subreddit make a stupid picture. Go away, you're as bad as the people who shilled the discord

I don't think you know how Veeky Forums works.

>Comicfags/shipfags have become insufferable lately and I say this as a comicfag.
It's understandable though.
Game info is sparse and the comics are basically dead at this point.
Naturally, gamefags are on edge and comicfags are freaking out.

The shipping shit is just a lot more notable when there's nothing to talk about.

I think I should be saying that to you.

Don't even acknowledge them. They'll leave soon enough. So guys, what's your favorite Eggman moments?

Your newfaggotry is irrelevant. Stop talking and lurk until you understand things.

So instead of crying about it, let's have a video game discussion.

What's your favourite Sonic game?
Favourite level?
Tell me, user.

People don't want to let it go yet.

Realistically, though, regardless of the comic situation this place will likely chug until Forces. If they are cancelled, then this place is most certainly dead soon after.

>Projecting.

When's the last time an official comic released?

>im rubber your glue :)))

Every general ever discusses things other than the games. Thing is we haven't had a new game in years. There's fucking nothing to talk about when it comes to the games, until we get new info.

Some generals we spend the entire fucking thread arguing over "WHAT SONIC GAMES SHOULD BE" and that shit gets old.

christ this thumbnail

I planned on doing a water colour of this, and I still do, but a friend of mine told me it was also worth posting as is, considering it's mostly likely one of the better line drawings I've done so far

>The other generals are off-topic and shit, so it's okay for us to be off-topic and shit!

Do you even read over what you write before clicking Post?

January. And this place was still chugging until the Forces news. Well, when it wasn't being killed by thread-long shitposting arguments which were really just 2 samefags repeating the same 5 arguments we've had for the past 2 years just with a new coat of fucking paint.

News comes out too infrequently for it to be supported by only that, and it's a long way until Mania releases, and then Forces, which will probably support a lot of discussion on release. But it'll probably die off after I wanna say 3-4 months. That's how long discussion of the new game usually lasts, and I'm being very generous

BTW, I love how people are shitposting about comicfags when, outside of one pic of Sally, most of the posts featured game characters. Then one person started bitching about comicfags, as if this entire thread was about the comics. Hilarious.

But hey, let's have ourselves a game discussion.

If you guys could make your dream Sonic game, what would it be like? What features would it have? What would the story be?

How much less money can free be?

Like damn I love you sonic but there's no way I'm not gonna pirate your shit on release. Game'll be the size of a dime and shit. Hope you understandu.

This. We shouldn't be allowed to be off topic because others are. We should stick to the games and just that. Boomshitters and comicshitters need to fuck off for good. They're ruining the franchise and the fandom

Yeah, it's not like there would ever be a marathon of comics on a video game board, that'd be crazy.

And for those who didn't see it last thread, I plan on colouring it like this

(Also this was fixed based on some feedback)

>Boomshitters
But Sonic Boom is literally a game, user.

One comic picture is too many comic pictures
That was a fucking terrible idea and it should've never been allowed. The only good video game related things are the video games themselves. Any and all video game adaptations are shit.

Okay user, let's have a game discussion then, instead of bitching about the comics. Like I said here , what would your dream Sonic game be?

sequel to shadow the hedgehog with assrock, edgy story, and gameplay that actually feels fun to play

yes I'll squander my dream sonic game with that

its funny, i remember THE FUCKING DAY THAT GAME CAME OUT me and my parents went out grilling that day and went to gamestop on the way home to pick it up for ps2, got home and i never showered faster to get to my ps2

i loved it too lol i was so easy to please back then

can a brother relate? i'm depressed so i'm rambling a little

I meant the TV show. They need to fuck off

Report and ignore.

>That was a fucking terrible idea and it should've never been allowed.
Okay, so you're obviously the guy in charge of the site or the board and make the rules on what's allowed and what's not.

Oh wait, you're not. Oh wait, the people who are allowed it. Oh wait, that means it's allowed. Oh wait, that means you're an irrelevant newfag who needs to fuck off.

Your taste is bad and you should fucking feel bad

Okay, you really need to stop posting this every time any kind of disagreement comes up in this general. It's getting generally annoying now.