PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUND GENERAL /PUBGG/

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

New player guide
pcgamer.com/battlegrounds-guide/

FPS guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/felixmans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for UMP buff

1st for finally a somewhat enjoyable BR game despite all the bugs (for now)

What is the lore of this game? What is the force field? What is the explanation for countryside homes having various military weapon attachments?

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

What gun do you want to see introduced into the game?

FN FAL

I feel like every time I'm uncommonly lucky there's something I just can't find.
>all the stuff = no backpack
>early sks = no scopes
etc.

china numba won

Will it run decent on this given current optimization?

r9 380x
8gb ram

Turn anti aliasing up to ultra/high
Turn textures on medium
Everything else on ultra low
And you'll run it just fine

dragunov
some variant of the mp5
some variant of the G3

>find smg silencer
>no smg
>find rifle silencer
>no rifle

G36
or an F2000

>find 3 4x scopes
>kill guy later on and he has an sks
>nice something that could really use these sco-
>he had an 8x scope anyway

Nth for pistol buffs

Not a bad thing senpai. Just keep the 4x and you've got a mid-range option.

My other gun was a UMP and yes I did put a 4x on it.

FAL or some other 7.62 NATO AR

I don't necessarily want to see a new gun. I want bullet drop added and the silencers altered. Getting 4x and 8x, especially on snipers, is way too powerful and silencers are basically a guaranteed death sentence for whoever you run up on.

P90
MP40
Flamethrower

There is bullet drop, but it isn't working as intended. On the minimap every square represents 1000 meters and you can adjust your sights. Only time you'll notice a bullet drop right now is at extreme ranges like if you were to try and hit someone on the military base island from the main island.

>pit maneuvers actually work in car chases
Police cars W H E N

For some reason jeeps have 5 seats.

>people outsniping you on long distances with AR

I wonder if there is any bullet drop at all in this game. Do people even use the zeroing function?

They're releasing the game code and allowing people to mod so I guess they just made it with the intention of people doing 5s.

There is bullet drop, though it's not correct yet. It's not hard to estimate if you have experience from other games though.

this is the most fun i ever had in the genre since summer 2012 dayz.

Either fucking remove the bars from windows or fucking allow us to fire through them because it's fucking retarded that someone standing right outside the window can free fire into the building while all my rounds like the bars and act like a wall for him.

Something that goes p-o-p-p-y

20th to 10th is an annoyingly hard gap to bridge

You can't lob grenades through windows either which is annoy8ing

>find shotgun
>autistically sit and camp the corner of a building for 20 minutes
>get guaranteed top 10 every time, usually looting ARs + meds from shitters who try to loot your building

game is boring as fuck

We need shit chambered in 45 that isn't a pistol.
The vector comes to mind

This lag holy shit.
>lagging out next to a guy on a hill
>fire a full mag into him with an akm
>hear one shot ring out from his M4 headshot, ded at #25.
Never experienced lag in this game like that in the 20 hours I've played.

>see one guy entire game
>second circle closes
>end up stuck in one spot with three or four guys
what the fuck

EPIC

FUCKING EPIC

I LOVE HOW THERE'S NO FUCKING SOUND TO INDICATE SOMEONE IS OPENING A DOOR BEHIND YOU

I LOVE HOW YOU CAN'T EVEN HEAR SOMEONE LITERALLY S P R I N T I N G FIVE FEET FROM YOU

FUCK THIS GAME

>melee weapons are literally useless

>gutshot someone with a kar right at the start of the round
>dont want to waste a second bullet on them and have a machete
>run up and start chopping at them
>takes literally a full minute before it managed to connect and kill even with me rubbing against them the entire time

it absolutely is working as intended

I just got downed in one hit with the pump shotgun. Wasn't a headshot and had a level 3 vest and he did the same to my partner half a second later. One shot us both.

are you clairvoyant and knowing of the exact location of the last few circles?

Shotguns are always lethal if they're close range. ARs are overrated.

How do I tell my partner to stop being right fucking next to me without making her pms all over me?

I don't consider the entire length of a house close range when I have a level 3 vest on.

Get dominated Jack.

>UMP buff
>UMP outdamages AKM at point blank

are there coherent patchnotes anywhere? As I understand it we almost get patches daily, but how can I see what exactly has changed?

these random crashes are infuriating

It would do so in real life as well.
7.62 will pass cleanly through your body at close ranges causing minor damage compared to what a 9mm will do at that range.

Third game in a row in which I pumped half a clip into someone, he turned back and just shot me.

10/10 netcode, would get a refund again

>implying you're not the same butthurt dayz shill who "gets a refund" every ten posts

I personally would love to see smaller maps. I like the big one, but this game could really benefit from a scarce ammo/small map game type.

I pass clean through your mum

>know there's a guy behind a corner
>come at firing straight at him, all shots hitting
>game stutters and I die
ebin

h1z1 never got a new map right? Any reason to think this one will in time?

bluehole devs claim a map is being worked on, who knows if it is true though

>tfw no friends to duo/squad with

> tfw you realise you know if you'll win, top 10, or be raped just by the RNG of the first circle.

a bullet delivers more than just a penetration from a missile, ya dingus.

Energy can only be transferred to a target if the energy is removed from the bullet, this should be obvious. If the bullet penetrates the target and continues flying without expending all its energy, that extra energy hasn't been transferred. That's why over penetration is an issue. Shock is an effect of energy transfer. At close range, 7.62 won't transfer all of it's energy. A 9mm, especially a hollow point, would.

No it isn't. You can accurately hit someone 2000m+ away without adjusting your sights and aiming square at them.

take a screenshot of your stats that prove you've hit from 2k meters

SOMEONE GROUP UP WITH ME I'M TIRED OF GETTING WETBACKS IN 2'S

steamcommunity.com/id/felixmans

DO IT

I honestly prefer solo. As much fun as duo is, it usually turns into a campfest with teams of SKS/Kar98k fags running around dominating the map.

uh yeah presuming you fire into one of the areas of the body that has no bone or organ.

and assuming the bullet doesn't start to tumble as it's designed to once it enters the body.

and presuming nothing vital is cavitated as the bullet moves through you.

consider a 7.62 has more than double the energy of a 9mm it wouldn't even need to donate its full energy to obliterate you.

Stats don't show longest hits only longest kills.

We should have some sort of matchmaking discord or something for the thread

at least post your region if you're asking for duos tho

ok so you don't have proof ok 100//

And your proof it's working? Plenty of people actually think there is no bullet drop so please show everyone that it's working as it should be.

I'm not the one making wild claims against what the development team says.

Where did the devs say it working?

Playerunkown said this during a twitch stream last week.

They've outlined several times how the bullet drop mechanic works and the calculations used for each gun. The only thing not working as planned is scope zeroing, which is a separate piece of code.

What's the maximum squad size?

tree fitty

Four

Felixmans here, NA region.

>on the minimap every square represents 1000 meters
wat

nevermind, i was thinking about the sub tiles

two times in a row I died because the AKM I had set to full auto was only firing single shots, so I'm standing there like an idiot holding my mouse down while the guy who had his back turned 2 feet away from me turns around after the first shot and mows me down

I had a UMP inexplicably start firing three round bursts.

If I shoot at a proned target from 200+m, the bullet will hit the ground in front of him.

Ah yes, the fabled "battle royale genre" aka the "action for the first 5 minutes then you sit in a building until the play area closes in otherwise you get sniped"

Incredible, truely impeccable work.

If you don't like it don't play. Fuck off.

this game is complete trash and it's never leaving early access

Please include a link to the previous thread next time.

Ok here it is

Thanks.

No worries, nothing is too difficult to increase the efficiency of this subreddit :3

although wouldn't the equipable armor be able to stop 9mm and not 7.62

>small urban map filled with melee weapons and handguns, shotguns, & SMGs with limited ammo.

Level 1 armor maybe, level 2 and 3 yes

>clutching a squad game with 10 kills after you lost both your teammates back when there were still 70 other people alive
Truly this is the best feel

>final 3 alive
>lose because the game forces me out of my cover while the last 2 don't have to move

>1/3rd of the players die in the first 10 minutes
>the rest sit in buildings until forced to move by the play area

This system is fucking awful jesus christ.

>lose because I am shit and can't plan out future cover for any possible necessary movement

ftfy

>drop
>get a pistol and ammo
>walk out of building
>guy with scar and level 2 police vest and helmet 2 shots me

:))))))))))))))))

What alternative do you propose? Trying to be 1337 h4xx0r the badass KDR champ only gets you killed. In games where you only have one life, camping is always the best form of survival.

>3 left alive
>other two have a shootout
>too noob to react to them fighting
>i end up losing the 1v1

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE