I think i'm going to get a 2005 Pontiac GTO

I think i'm going to get a 2005 Pontiac GTO

Can you red pill me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

summitracing.com/parts/gfe-gto10111l?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-gforce-engineering&gclid=CKvj2Or5ltQCFZq3wAodirQJzw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>HSV badge
Heresy

Absolutely amazing cars. Great fuel efficiency, fast, never breaks down.
The only drawback is how civilian it looks.

Looks like a coupe to me
Something was up with the rear suspension on these. Can't remember what. It's something to look into.

Great car get one if can

I had an 06; it's a heavy car you need to mod the suspension if you want sports car handling.

Fun to drive great interior and a sleeper

It has an IRS and will break if you really hook up with slicks at the track

This, and its pedestrian looks can help you get a good deal if you're patient and actually find someone who doesn't know what they have.

Probably true but OP most likely isn't planning to race it on slicks and if he is at least now he'll know to upgrade the rear end.

>redpill

Go back to your cesspool

shit gas tank location
LS1 ones have far far undersized front brakes
they all need new rear bushings, the rear ones create unsuitability leading to some wrecks. gm sourced rubber was too soft even when new, and they are old now.

pic related gas tank makes a high center of gravity

My thoughts on the one I had:

-Great chassis, very balanced and you could keep the rear end kicked out for days. Very easy to learn to drift or track drive.

-Can't hold big tires if you actually want to make power and get traction.

-Kind of shitty electronics.

-Great seats and probably the among the best of GM build quality of that era.

Its not a Japanese shit box and

>rear wheel drive

Did you migrate from shitposting on /k/?

Best most comfortable driver's seat ever

overall fit and finish feel like BMW not chevy

Oh god, are you telling me shitposters are literally migrating here because we have no mods?

>shitty electronics

How do you have shitty electronics

The GTO has a proprietary radio and hookup, you can't swap in any other head unit or easily run in an aux cable from an mp3 player

and they are notorious for the ignition fucking up and not letting you pull out your key and having to replace the unit

people that have this exact shitpost are constantly posting it on /k/for no reason

>user:"I like revolvers"

>BACK TO /pol/ RACIST SHITBAG

Just leave us alone....

Thats just holden

The independent rear suspension tends to chew on the inside tread of the tires but other than that great cars.
My Dad has 99 VT II Calais with the FE2 suspension which I think this has, which is a good suspension but I hope they improved the steering since then as it used to be quite vague (then again my E39 M has very firm steering by any car's standards so I may be biased)

Ausfag here.

This is true you need coilovers and wide tyres minimum but it can turn.

Goat V8 modern muscle car
Absolute horse shit

Also bullshit they can fit 255 front and 265+ at the rear with coilovers and guard roll

>Absolute horse shit

No it's not the rear CV axles are notorious for breaking, the 2004s had the weakest ones

several companies make beefed up replacements, google it and you will find lots of people breaking them

summitracing.com/parts/gfe-gto10111l?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-gforce-engineering&gclid=CKvj2Or5ltQCFZq3wAodirQJzw

The rumor about the suspension was they were tied down too tight when shipping them here and the Bushings are prematurely ruined I believe.

I was originally looking for a GTO but I couldn't find a manual so went with a 2007 CTS-V.

>I was originally looking for a GTO but I couldn't find a manual so went with a 2007 CTS-V.
how much was it and how many miles were on it?

are you happy with it?

I paid $17k for 70k miles. Very happy with it. Good power and it's a daily driver. The Cadillac was more rare so a GTO should be cheaper and they have almost identical performance.

I prefer the civilian looks because that means less attention from cops if you don't have a loud exhaust or arrest-me-red paint

To make them USA legal the rear frame need to be modified so you're limited on rear tire size. Also it doesn't use a traditional drive shaft so you'll have to deal with couplers and a torque tube.

>Also it doesn't use a traditional drive shaft so you'll have to deal with couplers and a torque tube.
wat

I think you are confusing the GTO with the Corvette

this. sleepers are the best. Just a few tasteful mods like wheels and an ok exhuast is all you need

a cheaper solution is to jack the back up or get camber kit.

i had fe2 spec in mine and i can confirm the memes

however the grip is phenomenal
maybe the yank spec ones a re different because my 01 commodore has been very reliable driveline wise and its been doing burnouts, skids and cornering for 2+ years

>maybe the yank spec ones a re different because my 01 commodore

Yes, the 04-06 GTOs shipped to the USA were in fact different cars than those made 5 years earlier for a different market

Why is it that someone even vaguely steps into the line of racism on this board, someone throws a tantrum and tells them to go to

t. /pol/yp

>t. /pol/yp

I have no fucking idea what this is supposed to mean.

Unfortunately for you, I'm not from /pol/ I'm just someone calling out your tumblr based trigger tantrums. But unfortunately, you're too thick in the head to know and just group everyone together, because it somehow makes your useless existence seem less triggering

summer is here

t. /pol/yp

Have I courrupted your little brain so you can only think of one comeback?

>post nonsensical shit about /pol/ when it's pointed out that cars made 5 years apart for different parts of the world are not the same

>BUT BUT SUMMER

you are an idiot

faggot you were wrong, just admit it and go away

it's an user board, you don't have to be embarrassed

You could complain about about the stupidity here, but it's Veeky Forums so why should you bother?

Rear likes to spread it's legs because of IRS design. VX (2002) Commodores added an extra linkage that help the problem but it will always happen and results in camber wear.

What so you guys think of the g8 gt? I'm thinking of buying one

2001>*

no need to be a dick mate
great car