/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread : NEWS
>English P5 DLC schedule: personacentral.com/persona-5-dlc-scheduled-announced-english-release/
>Next major event announced for August 2nd: personacentral.com/large-scale-persona-live-event-announced-august-2-2017/
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Project Re Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast is shit: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb (embed)
>Picture of Yuki
i.imgur.com/wxFrIqP.png
>Picture of Floral Pants Man (and his sidekick)
i.imgur.com/cKTK7sI.png

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/CZEvEgiE
MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12660987
streamable.com/0wvd3
streamable.com/f2hkf
streamable.com/d07sr
streamable.com/dhvus
exhentai.org/g/1041274/7417f6968f/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice embed LOSER

First for Fuuka

i asked you guys not to bully me ;_;

>i left an (embed in on accident please forgive me

Literally Hitler.

get BTFO loser

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

So PS3 leak download link when?

strawpoll.me/12660987

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an apricot!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

damn, that traitor is trippin'

streamable.com/0wvd3
streamable.com/f2hkf

>172881497
streamable.com/d07sr

That's pretty good. The original line has him use 『正義を貫く人』, which can be translated as "person who carries out/sticks to their justice," with 貫く also meaning "to pierce," and Haru's answer is 「たしかに、貫きそうな仮面」/"Certainly, it seems like a piercing mask...", which doesn't quite work if translated literally because of the wordplay.

>あの予告状、ただのカッコつけじゃなくて、やっぱり『出す必要がある』んだね!
>"That calling card isn't just for show, sending it really IS necessary!"

Localization loses the implication that he already guessed it's necessary (and is just a tiny bit too formal), but otherwise it's fine.

Still working on the video clips, will need a bit longer for those.

Without spoilers, where does P5 fits on the timeline?

Also any cameos from older series? Besides DLC of course

>actually dissecting all the shit I'm posting
I-I'm sorry I feel like I'm overworking you

Whoops, don't mind the links at the top. Had those noted down because I was working on those and forgot to take them out.

streamable.com/dhvus

After DAN, there is a poster for a new Rise single, and new Kanami single.
Katsuya's name comes up too at some point.

No cameos

It isn't nearly as funny in the dub.
I'm really starting to dislike his English voice, actually. It gives a totally different impression than his Japanese one did to me.

2016, four years after DAN.

It takes place in "20XX" so there's no official slot in the timeline. The calendar matches up with 2016 and the time period definitely does too, so it's really all but confirmed to be.
There are some in game references to other games, through TV show broadcasts like P3 and items you can decorate your room with and some posters.

Tbh I feel bad for anyone whose first experience with p5 is using the dub

same

I don't understand their year hiding autism. I don't get why they can't reveal their birthdates either. Just don't say the damn year. Give me a month and a year, not a fucking zodiac sign.

its not that bad, its just that it doesnt fit the voice acting quality from any good animu

It really is that bad for characters like Futaba and Morgana honestly
It doesn't help that those two also had the best voices in Japanese

>streamer stopped after first day of the palace
Disappointing
There's another guy on 10/16 right now but I don't know how long he's going for

Am I the only person who doesn't like Goro? I didn't like Adachi either FYI

it's not that bad compared to most other dubs, but it's sure as hell not good

desu the most common sentiment i see here is "i disliked adachi but i like goro" when it comes to those two. you're definitely not the only one who doesn't like him, though.

It's fine if you don't like him but don't act like you can't understand people who do.

Nice

the streamer i'm watching is a gorofag extraordinaire and is determined to get there tonight

It's fine, it's good practice. It's just a lot to keep up with right now since that streamer hit one of the parts I actually have a lot of comparison materials for.

A few years after DAN. The game only lists the year as "20XX," but the calendar matches up with 2016's.

Kanami has a poster in Shibuya, Rise has a poster in Shibuya and gets mentioned on TV around three time, Adachi shows up in a TV show for an interview once (but doesn't get mentioned by name in it), Yukari gets mentioned by name in a TV show (and Featherman V still airs), and Akihiko, Chie and Katsuya get description-only references. I think Namatame was mentioned at some point in December too. There's also a Kuma/Teddie-based decoration you can get for your room. Futaba has a Catherine figurine in her room, and a few Featherman R posters.
No actual cameos beyond that, though.

I think Daymond's acting for Goro's nicer side is mostly fine so far, it's just that the tone problems with a lot of his lines mean that even if he does really well, he's still going to end up sounding too different.

Still wondering how he'll handle the later scenes, though. The deadline game over cutscene wasn't exactly reassuring.

>you can ask Sadayo for a massage at the school festival

WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL THE DOUJINS ABOUT THIS WOMAN

We're probably looking at the same guy. His love for Goro is kind of endearing.

Admit it, there's no good P5 Doujins

>no Nanjo reference
This feels all levels of wrong.

>2017 is the year Adachi is most likely going to get executed
This pleases me.

Dual audio is out in Europe
You can download it without the game so you don't have to wait
2.7GB

I liked that one Shuake/Akeshu one on exhentai tbqh

I just don't like comic relief/nice characters that turn evil for some reason

The switching Joker and Goro doujin is great.

even for Ps3?

>2nd generation goroposters emerging
this pleases me

>for some reason
pls

Adachi is not going to get Executed user.... there was no proof he was the killer, just a bunch of kids words, if I recall he's just serving a normal prison sentence

>Kanami has a poster in Shibuya, Rise has a poster in Shibuya and gets mentioned on TV around three time,
And in the cutscene where everyone is sad after Potter is arrested, in Futaba's chatroom there is someone using a Rise avatar with a nickname Kanamin-something
Yukiko and her inn also mentioned, and Naoto referenced by name

Why do people always forget that Tanaka does get a cameo, in a way

I feel like a senpai already

that's not really his role

I can finally finish the /pg/ hero I made during the Goropocalypse.

pretty sure he's played it in japanese
he antagonizes you the entire game, dude

He finally did it

unless you fags start posting links I dont believe anything posted here

how the fuck has getting the entire plot spoiled for me made me even more excited for this game fuuuck I love Goro already and I haven't even played it

>just a bunch of kids words
Nope, he confessed himself and apparently "told them details only the killer would know" whatever that means considering he worked on the case

In Japan you don't need evidence as long as you confess. I'm not even joking either.

and a full 'ing' too, that's how you know its for real

True but you can sorta tell he doesn't really have any bad intentions judging by the way he talks, acts, etc.

I told you where it is, it shouldn't be hard to find.

How the fuck you even get proof on the TV World?

Hell, any sane person would tell him to fuck off for trying to get the media attention

>switching
i don't believe it

it's true, they even use lube

It's just fucking stupid of them to be fine with him saying fuck in a text, but during the scene where completely breaks down he doesn't.

any sane justice system couldn't railroad a guy through on two cases of murder 1 with a confession and circumstantial evidence when they can't even establish cause of death

but persona is set in japan so that's really not challenging the suspension of disbelief

exhentai.org/g/1041274/7417f6968f/

Oh yeah, I forgot those. The one in Futaba's chat is pretty easy to miss. The Amagi Inn reference happens in December too, IIRC, along with a lot of the other references. Naoto's namedropped briefly in a TV show in late April, though it's more focused on the new detective prince.

Tanaka feels less like a cameo and more like a missable side character to me, since he gets a fair chunk of dialogue if you buy enough from his site, but I guess he technically counts.

He's not really a comic relief character outside of the takoyaki scene, and they build up his story arc as early as the Madarame Palace heist.

Going by the dialogue regarding him in P5, he left out the TV world stuff, just claimed he's responsible for the murders and hanging up the bodies. That's enough for a conviction, and yes, possibly even death row if they thought his motives and actions were bad enough.

trust in the heart of the cards, user-san.

Multiple translators not talking to eachother, I imagine.

it happened around the same time as Mitsuru gave the government all the Kirijo research and few fun trinkets, like a portable Dark Hour with rings that let non-persona users stay normal when it's activated. They were also spying on her during Arena, so they saw her enter tge TV world.
The government and even the police are clearly aware of all the fucker that has been going during both games.

It's even before Mitsuru's time too. The government has known about Persona and its fuckery since the SEBEC incident, but it's not so much overt as it was in EP when they were really heavily involved and managed to shift all the blame on the NWO. Nanjo Group escaped the blame too.

>not even any rapey looking crying
holy shit

platonic bonding exercises with a traitor!

>it's another thread about goro

holy shit hahahahahahahaha

>game comes out in Japan
>goroposting begins
>game close to NA/europe release
>goroposting starting up again
like pottery

ahaha, that's _effin'_ perfect

This is unironically great

Now in HD

they definitely did this on purpose

>Goro gets tentacle raped by Nyarlathotep for all eternity in his hell

Why does Nyarly get to have all the good ones?

KillScottKill has been a Gorofag for a long time though

what a cheeky cunt

>A busted translation is good when it panders to my fujoshit
No wonder companies like Atlus USA and NoA keep getting away with it

>getting upset at platonic pet names

it's not a bad translation for the おかえり / ただいま exchange but you're probably just shitposting

>Adachi
>Get executed

He confessed though. Shouldn't that mean a lighter sentence?

>probably

FAGGOTS

CUTE

I was wondering when this sort of salty comment would show up. It's kind of taking liberties but probably in the same vein as that JoJo reference earlier.

not in Japan

it could potentially be parleyed into one, but it depends

I mean, if Kiryu from Yakuza can allegedly shoot a guy and get out after ten years, Adachi killing two people and confessing doesn't seem like a death penalty worthy offense by comparison. I don't know how accurate Yakuza is to actual Japanese law though.

i heard somehwere that japanese law doesn't have a lot of hard & fast sentencing guidelines so a lot of it is case-by-case and at the judge's discretion, but i dunno how true that is or not

I don't know much about the Yakuza games, but doesn't having ties to the mafia help you?