/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Was defeated by reality:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TV-wXOxRxXA&list=PLraFbwCoisJDod9GxdmYrPfDxW6UCzPLh
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BEST OP PIC
Fear not the dark my friends

I've hit a breaking point. PvP is a pointless R1R1R1R1 fest and using whatever the latest DLC weapons are to stomp and kill in 2-3 hits.

I would play the PvE, but even that is just an R1R1R1R1 fest. Why the fuck would you NOT R1R1R1R1 in this game?

I tried going back to SotFS but they just went overboard with quantity over qualit, you get bored just an hour in. And the AI and enemy movesets feel a million times slower than DS3. I fought the Fume Knight and was astonished at how he only attacks like once every 5 seconds with the most telegraphed and easily dodgeable shit ever. I can't believe I once thought he was one of the hardest in the game.

I'm gonna try a new character on DaS. If I don't have a good time I think I am never going to play a Souls game for the rest of my life. I've done it and seen it all and there is just nothing left. Looking back I wonder how the fuck I found these games fun in the first place. I can't stop just thinking ''All I'm doing is impatiently waiting for an easy opening so I can R1R1R1R1"

What other action RPG's do you guys play? I also played the shit out of Dragon's Dogma, but only on an Assassin and Warrior that I got to 200 each. Maybe I'll do a pure sorcerer build. Or a magick archer. Although it pisses me off that my stat gains are beyond shit if I spec into a magick archer right away.

somebody give me a purely obnoxious cheese build. something that just makes people rage quit but doesn't necessarily win duels.

Hi. I'm the best offensive miracle since DS1 WoG.

Looks like they got rid of the body settings but I can make her a giantess

kek

With BKGS you can R1 R2 (charged) for a sweet three hit combo.
With RKUGS you can L2 R1 and kill everyone in one combo.
With SSTB you can L1 Spam instead of R1 spam.
With WP you can just WDR1 instead of R1 Spam

In PvE, you can get good and just use charged r2s. You can get good and use Weapon Arts, stop being a min/max autist fag

can you still summon 3 people/be invaded if you kill the PvP boss in ringed city or is it based off if midir's alive?

HOT

am I goning to be lonely at SL140?

>Tfw Lightning Arrow offhand buffed SS mainhand
>Shoot and spam

Super annoying build to deal with. Add Projected Heal to use when the opponent runs away too far trying to avoid the miracle and you got a real cancer build.

>PvP is a pointless R1R1R1R1 fest and using whatever the latest DLC weapons are to stomp and kill in 2-3 hits.

Just do low-level pvp ma man. I find it way more fun. Down around the Abyss Watchers sorta level range you're either bad at everything or good at one thing, and it makes build differences really shine.

you can combine ironflesh with a quickstep weapon

sheild as weapon

double avelyn backpedaling dude

How strict is levels in arena?

Projected heal will eat the shit out of a pure caster's stamina bar though.

>tfw no giant desert pyro slut to sit on you

Great club literally has better R2's then R1's. Ledo's Hammer has godlike R2's. Infact most strength weapons have really good R2's. Maybe you should try pressing it. You might be surprised.

I had to go to 130 because of Yoel's questline to pick up Dark Blade in NG+ (I forgot to get the miracle in NG and Yuria was already gone) and I still get a lot of activity, darkmoon, spears of the church and regular arena fights.

>want to apply sick-nasty cosmetic effects to my dude for spear roleplay autism
>the resources are all on the cheatengine/github forums
>they're all 404

just fucking kill me already family.

I don't understand

you can use projected heal on yourself and it looks like you're casting something offensive?

Not at all, senpai. SL145 reporting in, still active.
Can confirm, am this type of cancer down to a T.

>With BKGS you can R1 R2 (charged) for a sweet three hit combo.
Doesn't work anymore

140 is a pretty good meta, better than 120

>End of Dark souls
>Two literal whos fight over something that doesn't matter, right before they are inevitably blinked out of existence when sylval wakes up/the world finally ends (depending if you consider KF canon now or not)

Really couldn't have ended it better

I see people post AoA higher than it should be on DLC tier lists all the time and the reason they cite isn't, "it's personally my favorite", it's

"The level design was good. Friede was good."

But the Painted World of Ariandel is mediocre at best. It has some good portions, but the Snow Mountain Pass section is shitty. The Corvian Settlement is "whatever", visuals and atmosphere aside.

The next "Souls" game will be something like Portrait of Ruin where you enter paintings with no real thematic connection, you could go from a medieval like world to an egiptian like world then some mesoamerican like world then some, worlds with no solid theme, clusterfuckish worlds, etc

Believe me I work at a japanese McDonald's and Miyazaki came here the other day with other bussinesmen and I heard their talk

This series is a meme now, wait for Bloodborne 2.

Yeah. Its cast animation is the same as Emit Force, so it looks like you're winding up an attack. Just aim it at the ground in front of you and bam, you get a quick heal they didn't try to stop.

He means BKS.

Pretty much. All the other heals have the kneel animation and projected heal is a forward lunge animation. Add the fact its 2x as fast and uses less stamina then the other heals, its the only good choice for pvp.

broke : 120 meta
joke : 140 meta
woke : 802 meta

everything is open to you, with infinite possibilities surely the most skilled will win

Nice modeling work there From.

That one doesn't 3 combo and never worked

Anyone on PS4 who would want to help me savescum some boss weapons?
pls im desperate

>tfw no strong and tall big bro to look out for me

what's the point of it all...

>Yet, a smith I remain. I won't turn down a request.

What did he mean by this?

>Working as intended
Kind of like poise.

you know full well your character's proportions arent on the default and you're bothered by this?
play on default, faggot

What weapons? I could really use Gael's stuff for my cosplay run, and I'd like to transfer a stack of Champion Souls to that character too if you'll help.

I'll help you either way though.

He's saying at the end of the day he's a smith, and his job is to provide a service his patrons want, not bitch about the dark or whatever.

>friend wants to get into dark souls 1 because I've been playing it again recently
>does decently well, killls taurus and gargoyles
>now off to Blighttown
>gets down there just fine
>keeps whining about the poison
>his +3 longsword does little damage to Quelaag
>after he dies 10 times I drop him a +5 Zwei out of pity
>show him the bonfire in Sen's and help him kill the boss afterwards
>now basically refuses to even try without my help
>still helped him past the archers once and told him to head for the bonfire in the very first door on the left
>heads straight for the silver knight and dies
>realize I never should've helped him because he'll never learn
>feel kind of bad for leaving him on his own against fucking Anor Londo archers and O&S

I should've known. He'll never ever beat Ornstein and Smough

Did anyone ever find out why the blacksmith is one of the few npcs who actually moves his mouth when he talks?

Literally just DLC boss weapons. So Gael's stuff included.

Is the game fun yet? I've avoided it for three months and I'm getting bored with lights brains the third.

>tfw fell for the bleed/hollow meme

I just want to be edgy so bad

because he was gwyn's firstborn in DaS1 and got uniquely made models and and animations.

I am SL85 with 60 points in Faith.
Looking for a good pve weapon, preferably something fast.

The real beauty is that you can simply use Yorshka's since it's so fast. No need for poise.

no, its even worse than before believe it or not

>friend

Well then yeah I'm definitely down. Highwall? dsg?

>I drop him a +5 Zwei
I'm afraid hes contracted Greatsworditis, there is no cure and hes doomed to spam r1 for the rest of his life. You have my condolences.

Not sure what you mean, you can't change your height. My characters' nothing weird.

>Sorcerer's guide to bullying pyromancers.
>have high stamina regen
>have plenty of fp
>have sage+2
>spam soul arrows all day
>enjoy pyromancer tears as you cancel their spells or hit them and dodge

it's kinda fun with a ugs but not as fun as the previous games with most weapons

fatty and edgemaster are izpz arcade bosses that you can defeat with a bit of patience and some rolls.

I blame the memesters for putting so much emphasis on not dying, dying in dark souls is part of the game and too many people get turned off and frustrated by that

I haven't played in awhile - what's the best infusion for Zweihander after the patch? I had been using refined 40/40. Is heavy better now?

Sounds good famalam. One sec, spear duties

Oh I found it
Well. I know what I'm playing with for the next few minutes

this is a copypasta.

Buff Sellsword Twinblades.

Not him, but low level PvP is even worse than 120. You're in twink central and variety is even worse since you have much less options.

April fools was yesterday, user.

>I... get a lot of... spears of the church

please respond

>I can't believe I once thought he was one of the hardest in the game.
I honestly agree with you on this. After having played DaS3(which is just BB-lite), then buying a PS4 and actually playing BB, the other entries feels like playing as fucking Neo. Everything is so slow and it feels like you're not even having to put effort in to dodge stuff you once found facebreakingly difficult.
>stat gains are beyond shit
just do it. Stat gains barely ACTUALLY matter unless you're a minmaxer. Or do a run as pure sorc with a sorc pawn and 2 hired sorcs. Sync-casting nukes as a 4 man sqaud feels fucking amazing

He was planned to be but
>cut content

I really like the ending too. Felt quite fitting but I wish there had been more interaction with Gael. Not much, maybe just some dialogue or something

>low level PvP is even worse than 120
Maybe if you're into duels and can't handle not softcapping all your damage stats.

looks fine on my guy
guess being a waifufag has its shares of pains.
he's telling the truth, only that he was scrapped and turned into just a smith.

QUESTIONS:

Sauce? Also do I have to do these edits offline before I can use them online? Can other players actually see this or is it just client side?

Cool. I don't have a Red Sop on the character that'll be picking up your stuff. Do you have a Red/White Soap on the character I'll be dropping them for?

>want to cheat in video game
>unable to

justice

Well
That's it. No more Dark Souls. Time to pack up

....I...I love you guys...

>Maybe if you're into duels and can't handle not softcapping all your damage stats.

I have no problem with it. It's just the community and population that ends up in more samey builds than you'll get at 120 just due to a lack of skill points.

40/40 refined gets you 582
66/14 heavy gets you 616

Same basically goes for all UGS that can be infused, Heavy is decent now.

Anyone else watch prepare to try?
>youtube.com/watch?v=TV-wXOxRxXA&list=PLraFbwCoisJDod9GxdmYrPfDxW6UCzPLh
I think it's really fun to watch and Rory is such a qt3.14

It's the same character. Tldr I'm a lazy shit and want both boss rewards without actually doing the DLC twice.

Is there some sort of noob guide for Dark Souls 1 in terms of cheap PvE weapons/how shit scales/ etc.? Want to replay this game with the cheapest shit possible.

I want to make a meme 99int build I need 2 things
>where do I put the rest of the points
>what do I name it

>Believe me I work at a japanese McDonald's and Miyazaki came here the other day with other bussinesmen and I heard their talk

is miyazaki a mcdouble man or a mcchicken man

>Female characters
BREEDERS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT!

Post results

>Super Blood S.O.U.L.Z Hunter 64: Shadow of the Majora

>Souls combat
>Jumping button, platforming mechanics, grappling/climbing on enemies etc
>Crafting and colour dyes of beast parts
>Day cycle doomsday plot with shitloads of amazing things that open and close during that time with hundreds of quests and threads and npcs running at all times
>With survival mechanics like eating and sleeping, world hazards like anomalies, wild AI roaming around in packs and 1000 lone NPC knights/hunters roaming the land all with names and status and killing/looting/teaming/levelling up themselves in real time, stashing loot
>That also has online mechanics where you team up with randoms you find running around the forest, camp out together, head to a spooky castle together, run into another team of knights and battle it out, get ganked by a guy you were travelling with

I want it

>new chime's regen effect stays on you even if you swap it
>tfw double chime regen at all times

see you in late 2017 for KFV

is there a different ending or something with the DLC?

I beat anime-dad Gael, got the blood and gave it to painter girl and she just says "meh I'll finish it later and name it after you". Meanwhile the entire church is on fire.

Pls respond.
I wanna know if I can be level 125 and be matched with 120 fags

mcchicken

>gay
>Cares about youtubers
Checks out

Ah gotcha.

You think you could savescum twice and give me the Repeating?

>Recently pick up and play DS3
>It was okay, but got through it quickly, got the urge to go back and play DS1
>All enemies are slow af and extremely un-aggressive
>Bosses leave huge windows for attack
Seriously Ornstein looked like he was moving in slow motion

It's bad. Trust me.

I want to make myself look cool, not instantly kill people, faggot. harald set is ass without the humanity head

Not a problem.

;_;

>With survival mechanics like eating and sleeping

nty

idk just run for the Black Knight Halberd and rape everything in the game

Awesome. Really appreciate it

So can we all agree that TRC was fucking amazing? Midir and Gael are unforgettable fights in my opinion and a DLC that spawns great memes like PARTAKING is good by default.