/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9WtzqI-zBSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is my favorite, it usually plays around shakatu and gahaz
youtube.com/watch?v=9WtzqI-zBSQ

2nd for genocide the fucking gooks for removing the one outfit I'd be willing to pay cash for.

>log to other character
>map is supposed to start at your current one and fly over the the other one
>instead it flies from the other one towards the center between the two and back towards the other one
And it still hasn't been fixed

>1000 hours playtime
fuck
only 4 more times til I get my pet...

PSA: Stroking your rod is good for blood circulation.

>(1D)

Please don't encourage degeneracy with your sexual innuendos.

Did someone say degeneracy?

Whats the best Life Skill to start with as someone who knows nothing about the game?

fishing

I feel sorry for you user

Will it ever come back? Is there any hope or should i swallow a bullet?

Maybe, they did bring back the kimono, so there's a chance

they've been cycling outfits in and out on KR so it will likely come back in a bit

I pre-ordered this game, but my computer took a huge shit. Recently I got a new computer and am currently installing the game. I've read however that the devs made the game incredibly P2W. Is this true? If so, how bad is it?

Are most of the players here NA or EU?

Very bad. Cancel install and don't bother.

it isn't extremely p2w but things like pets/weight limit increases/maids are super convenient, pets being the most important thing you can buy
you can buy cash shop items and sell them on the market for silver but it's very inefficient, most whales just buy artisan memories to enhance boss gear but it's still a bit pricey
I was gifted the game and after 1400 hours I've only spent 10 dollars gifting the game to another friend, I want to buy a pet so I can have 4 t1 but other than that I don't think the cash shop is too overbearing

outfits are $35 (cosmetic) costumes are $22 (give some lifeskill perks)
pets are $10 (you need 4)
all weight expansions costs like $46
worker lodging costs $2
instant resurrection potion with no exp penalty costs $0.50, otherwise you lose 1% exp when you die (not kidding)
character slots cost $6.00
underwear costs $7.00
accessories cost $5.00 (earrings, glasses, mouth piercing)
horse armor costs $20.00
16 inventory slots costs $15.00, 8 costs $8.00
Maids costs $12.00 (they allow you to use the bank and the market from anywhere, with a 20 minute cooldown per maid, you can have infinite maids)
skill reset $5.00 for one day, $14.00 for 30 days

You can live without any of that, the actual things that can be borderline pay2win are the value pack which is basically like a WoW token or plex in EVE for $15.00, and "artisan memory" which allows you to save massive amounts of money when upgrading items, you get 100 of those for $40.

Some of this things can be acquired with in game silver and loyalty, but it takes a long time since everybody wants them and you get 100 loyalty per day when a character slot costs 5000 loyalty, or 1 artisan memory for 400 loyalty. Some of them you just can't get without paying, only way to get them is through a gift or with your own pearls.

Forgot to mention weight and inventory expansions are per character, don't buy them unless you're sure you want to play that character, or you have too much money to spend on videogames.

Don't forget to play your BS adventures

crush my head between your thighs please

Is it just me or is there some serious lag happening recently in this game?

Literally rubberbanding while traveling/sprinting and get load screens for no real reason. I haven't had a problem with this game last week.

servers have been going to shit the last week, weekends have always been kind of laggy and nodewars always cause a couple of hiccups.
combining the three however...

Nice outfit choice!

>try t1 node wars for the first time with my rp/semi-casual guild of 23 people
>all guides and videos say t1 node is supposed to be for small guilds of less than 30 people
>node wars starts, immediately get swarmed by 50+ people, vast majority of them are wizards/witches/warriors just one shotting eveything
>check guild page after they lose, 92 person guild

why is pvp in this game such a joke

>forgotten node wars is happening right now

Now I know why is everything going to shit at one particular time, thanks user. I guess I'll watch a movie and just go cut up a bunch of logs or something.

Nice skin tone choice!

Yeah the lag has been getting so bad at points I get kicked off as soon as I load in my house, even when the servers don't show they are crowded :/

i want to lick these elves' tummies

dark skinned elfs truly are the best elfs

What are the active guilds?

>tfw still no cure for gayness

here's your cure user

Any expert interior design majors can give some advice on what kind of lighting furniture I should get to make my residence not look like a power outage at night time?

I bought the house behind the tavern/work manager in velia (2-3, and costs about 5 contribution points to buy) and hung up about 12 chandeliers, but the lighting is still pretty crappy outside of the fireplace.

I'd show the house, but my character is on the far west end of the world and it's still bright out in game.

You are by far one of the most disgusting posters in this general, and that says a lot.

>stupidly oversized thighs

thicc is good, but it has to be balanced thicc.

That's hardly the worst thing about that degenerate. It gets off on free bleeding and scat play.

>HE DOESNT KEEP HIS WAIFUS PURE AND LIKES POOP

>menstrual blood and poo cures gays
That's just trading one mental illness for another, though.

who cares

I wish there was one.

What outfit is this?

is actually pretty chill, I raided their rotation on accident and the level 60 party leader contracted me

>NA
end me

>politics in muh escapist video games
Considering they're commies, I'd rather not have to tiptoe around every other faggots preferred gender pronouns or their hair-trigger feels regarding some rough banter.

Pretty sure Hikikimori is still recruiting. Their only rule is your character must be cute.

I hate Commies, but if joining a guild for two hours keeps me from getting PvP'd across the map, I mean... Who cares, right?

You'd rather join a guild advocating a political ideology you hate in order to avoid pvp rather than switch channels?

It was only a few days after getting the game in the Olvia channels, CC was beyond me at that point

ded gaem

Should I start on Olvia?

>200% bonus exp server
no

I mean is there some Caveat to the 200% EXP or what

you can swap channels every 15 minutes so don't sweat it

Looking to replace my full jarette set. What items would you get? I don't want to spend half a fortune for 2-3 ap more.

accessories are probably the last things you want to be replacing, make sure your mainhand/awakening and offhand are all enhanced before going for accessories
2x PRI blue coral earrings and 2x PRI blue coral rings, PRI shultz belt and TRI bares necklace are all pretty cheap so try that

That would be a downgrade. Thats 39 ap total while jarrettes is 42.

I have duo Taritas, tri awakening, duo liverto and duo offhand, so accessories are definately my next upgrade.

Alright thanks.

DK or Valk? Caan DK "tank" in PvP without support?

my bad, forgot how much ap jarettes is. just crank all of the previous up to DUO

dk isn't very tanky, more of a hit and run class
valks are ok in group pvp but they're not great at pve, dk offers a lot more mobility/damage in comparison while valks are just turtles

Jarrette's set bonus isn't sheet ap though, so you'll be doing overall less damage vs the accessories mentioned before.

I hate when the game randomly corrupts running through Heidel and I have to repair...

that's what you get for running your dirty nude mods you heathen

But I dont use nude mods :/

don't lie

>lost all interest in the game
>grinding is boring and too easy
>no point afk life skilling for money since pvp is shit
>still can't stop myself from constantly logging in anyways
what do I do

ERP

See? You can still see my underwear, no mod :/

get the nude mod

What class would be best for getting into node wars, GVG and pvp in general?

Wizard, Witch or Berzerker

Maybe, I looked into it once but ended up not getting it.

This game looks beautiful, runs surprisingly smooth and handle well.

so is witch/wizard basically the best all around class for farming, pvp, etc.?

I wonder, can I play on European servers from Seoul?

Is there a way to redirect solar flare 100% after you cast it?

Anyone on EU looking for a semi casual guild to join? i need some more people to dilute the germans that are amassing, its not like they are bad guys but need more english speakers to stop possible dangerous ideologies such as being massive weebs.
im kidding we are all weebs, hit up Frank_Foremost on Velia3 if you want an invite

Not sure if ruse

Why are you this ironic?

?

On an absolute beast of a high end machine, this game struggles to reach consistent 30 FPS, stutters constantly, has the most incredulous pop-up ever seen while lacking the most basic features like anti-aliasing.

So far even in cities or dense enemy packs I have yet to drop below 80 FPS. When I'm out in the world I get about 93-117 FPS.

Maybe it'll be different in large scale PvP?

I can help you out if you want

Just tried it out, had to set the game to potato quality to get those FPS numbers.

These are the settings I use.

The instructions seem pretty clear so I dont think I need any help. Maybe one day ill install the mod, just dont feel like doing it right now.

You'll have worse pop-up than an outdated version of Internet Explorer in the year 2001.

Don't forget it'll open unforeseen possibilities, like making that incredibly low res tattoo of yours look better
Also post more of your character

Well if it fixes the tattoo I might have to do it.

I'd have to give you a fixed texture of course
Post more

Ranger Bern outfit, it's not on the pearl shop anymore, but it might go back on the rotation.

tell me you play on EU

Eh its cool, the tattoos dont bother me all that much since alot of my costumes cover them anyway, ive gotten used to them.
This is the last 1 im posting for now, I usually just lurk :/

I want to find you and look at you ingame

Is Maehwa any fun? Spears are my shit but having little AOE in a game about clearing mobs scares me.