Poopy Car Thread

Is there a car you want to own and lovingly care for even though you know it's an underperforming shitpile backed by an image worthy of being called criminally misleading and a joke that it was brought to market in the first place?

Pic related for me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg
motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well memed

I kinda want a brz as well. I wouldn't mind driving.

I guess the closest thing I would want is a type R. Super hated already and it's probably overhyped by those who do like hondas and people think it's ugly but I really want one. I actually like the aggressive look, just wish it was a little less bubbly looking from the side.

I would like a 1966 Chevy Nova

I just think they look cool, I know they are shit though

>criminally misleading
Why?

>Poopy Car Thread
are you old enough to even drive one?

I started this thread to be a shitpost, but I still mean that I want the GT86. If the damn thing just had 50 more horsepower, it would be fine. Nearly everyone in the automotive community thinks it needs more juice.

The Type R is a close third for me. I know it's fast but goddamn is it an ugly ricermobile.

I wanted to say something other than "looks faster than it really is".

I have owned the 86 for a month. And trust me, If you're lovingly caring your car you don't really want to do any stupid shit on it, so underpowered or not it doesn't really matter.

So you don't like the far because it looks attractive? What makes it look faster than it is? Do people see a lamborghini with a Subaru badge where I'm seeing a cute little coupe?

Someone photoshopped it so it was a coupe and less elongated and that looked really nice. I know the problem is with the grill for most people but I actually love the front and back.

I really like the hyundai veloster :(
Why does it have to be such a piece of shit

I know, that's what tears me apart. I want it to have more ponies under the hood but I know from other people's experience that adding turbos and superchargers and this or that whatever always seems to make the GT86 less appealing. For me it's the fact that the prices of those addons puts the car in another price level of cars that are equally as buyable but more powerful. Does that make sense?

It looks like a fast sports car. But it's about as slow as modern commuters. It's ok, there's always a need for a lower-performance sports car.

That's another one for me. It looks so neat and sporty but I know it's not what its image belies.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=lgUuRVkgJmg

>BRZfags actually think they are better than Civic TypeR and Fiesta STfags because they have RWD

>no br-z sti

WHY TOYOTA WHY

I like F-bodies. I've never driven one though but they do come off as white-trash mobiles and there's the floppy chassis.

They are seem like pretty rugged cars. if i was given one with an LS1 id daily the shit out of that and wouldn't complain for a second. unfortunately i can't even find one at a good price where i live in the midwest. not in Manual anyway.

i want to get an EVO 6. i'll probably be disappointed by it's performance a bit, but I just love the way it looks.
everyone I talk to says it's spoiler is too big and is ugly, but I think that's part of the appeal for it.

It seems like the Type and apparently even the SI (which literally EVERYONE including myself thought was going to be shit) are pretty good cars, but fuck mang that styling. I'm just waiting to see how the refresh looks at this point.

The Type R is a fantastic car, easily the best hot hatch around. But, the styling is so tryhard it hurts to look at. Big cop magnet.

I'm kinda there with you. The turbo model is the most lukewarm hatch. I'll also add that it look a little weird with it being so long.

Wasn't that spied recently? I was under the impression that we could expect one within the next year or two

It appears to be the tS. We'll see if it gets a different power plant than the tS.

Yes

isnt the GT86 a great car to mod since it got potential to put a turbon in it?????

It's got potential to eat oil like your mom eats dick if you put a turbo in it.

desu as long as you not racing the shit out of the 86, it feels just fine. For a DD, it's doing a perfect job. Handling and agile are its strengths. It's all up to you. If you like power and acceleration, go with another car. But if you like a little compact car that can take corners easily at 60~70, go with the 86, or at least give it a test drive.

you can turbo or supercharge it but then why are you buying a brz in the first place, a mustang v6 or v8 with the performance package is going to be cheaper AND faster for the same price

even the 86's marketing point is about having fun driving on small twisty mountain roads. If people want something that goes fast on straight line they should get another car instead.

>people ask for hard top Miata for years
>86 comes out
>WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE MORE POWER
Laugh every time

88' Volvo 240 Coupe.

btw the miata coupe was a japan-only model.
fucking nip

Why buy a GT86 when the Miata does the same job? Now with the RF, there literally is a hardtop Miata.

The GT86 simply tried to fill a market niche that was already filled by the Miata: low power entry level sports car. The result is a poorly selling sports coupe that will likely get discontinued when the new Supra is released.

>have to rev the shit out it to get any power
>doesn't have power anyway
>sounds like a lawn mower
4 cylinders are just gay

>The big three
Wrong. Toyota wants to bring back the triangle. Supra, 86, and MR2. Also, I would buy the GT86 over MX5 because I simply don't like convertibles.

No that's not what I'm saying.
The point of my post is if you are unhappy with the brz/86s power and are going to supercharge it you can probably get an ecoboost stang or something and improve the handling with a performance package and you have a much faster, not quite as good handling but similar, car for I believe a cheaper price off the top of my head.

I'm not saying the brz needs to be faster, I'm saying if you're going to drop like an extra 6-7k turboing or supercharging the engine to 300+ horsepower or something like that there are better cars.

>2017
>mid engined, rear wheel drive, no backseat, sports coupe
>from Toyota
Will never happen

If these Monte Carlos we're RWD I would have one right now.

>31 grand BEFORE the performance pack
>still no storage space
The 86 still has its niche.
I was agreeing with you, sorry if it didn't read that way.
What kind of hot rod lawnmowers do you see usually?

MSRP for Miata is 24k. MSRP for GT86 is 25k.

The miata rf is 31.5k.

Why not? Pic related. Concept of it.

If you didn't tell me that was a Toyota i would've assumed it was one of those weird sports cars from Denmark.

design language doesn't look like it comes from anything Toyota.

Have you seen the CHR? This shouldn't be the least bit surprising.

Ok. But unlike you, most people see the normal Miata as a competitor to the GT86.

But it has no back seats or roof.

So?

Just make it faster dude there's so much aftermarket

>tfw i own this car

AE86

simply for the memes and the fact that I looks absolutely fucking fantastic

rx7 and 8 I feel similarly about. the performance is there, but the reliability isn't aside from the old 12a and 13b NA models

Toyota cant bring back a roadster design convertible car because they will always fuck something up in it. look at all their previous attempts. The very last time they tried it, they put shit in that 100% murdered your engine, that was completely unnecessary, and the top was made to leak and rely on 2 canvas drains, for 40,000 federal reserve units

If one were to come out, I wouldnt go near it

Why yes...

Yes there is.

Literally any stereotypical Jap shitbox from the late 80s-late 90s. CRX, Prelude, that kinda shit. There's just something about anything cheap and slanty from that time that says "I'm 20 years old, I probably have 250k on my engine, and I'm gonna cost you five times what you paid for me in repairs, new parts, and days outside in the garage no matter how good you take care of me, but I'm fun!" I dunno, I just fucking love 'em. I don't wanna rice em out, even, just fix them and drive them.

All they need to do is slap a turbo on this shit heap, but toyota won't let them.

That file name has got me laffin

>Losing to a 4.3k lb minivan with a v6
JUST

The Miata

reminder cuckold

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2016/2016-mazda-mx-5-vs-2015-subaru-brz-comparison/

>Recent Miata owner Pobst’s lap times align with his preference: 1:29.91 for the MX-5, 1:31.27 for the BRZ.

>Miata owner's lap time
Is this the same kind of deliberate slow driving horseshit as the guy who took 8.5 seconds to 60, racing the Pacifica?

Please don't respond to benchracing cancer. You're not buying either of the two to break track records.

FR-S/brz msrp is definitely not 30k

That is the as tested price with all the body kit options.

Wait, Veeky Forums I have totally fallen in love with this car for no reason. I just really like its look and think it would be a ton of fun modding this into a luxobarge vehicle. It's super reliable and has an awesome vintage look, I love those mirrors too.

I've even looked into the cost of importing one after spending time in Japan...

>luxobarge

>less than 190 inches long
>anything close to barge

Huh, I guess it just seems bigger since everything is so compact here. Sedans are actually rare in Japan. But it has a lot of headroom and you feel like you have a ton of space.

I know the Impreza RS Coupes have an underpowered engine and don't have all the nice things that make a STI a STI, but I still want one.

>checked
fuck I want thsi car so bad and exactly in this color.
Is that blue-ish gray in the OP pic a stock color I can choose or aftermarket paint?

Subaru just released a teaser for it

>asphalt
more like a metallic gray irl. Almost picked that color, but I went for steel instead.

lol I have the 1.8L it's slow but doesn't feel slow so I assume the 2.5L are still quick just not fast.

Please go back to autoib