>

Looks familiar sir

Feels from the stable

WHAT CAMPGROUND IS SAM AT?

i have the same roller in my garage

Don't matter. Ain't gonna happen

just bought a bike today, feeling pretty good

post pics faggot

It's too dark atm, I forgot to take some when I got it home since my friend that helped me pick it up needed help moving apartments

i accidentally the whole thing

i bought this one yesterday

>Alpinestars SP-2 gloves I bought a few years ago are getting badly worn out

;_;

What are some good gauntlet style gloves I should look at to replace them? Should I just get another pair of SP-2's since I'm happy with the ones I have?

dianese anything

I have had my Dainese Carbon Cover ST's for like 3 years now. The thumb pad on the right hand ripped and Dainese will fix it for free, but I can use my phone now so I'm not going to get it fixed. Everything else is basically mint, can recommend. Maybe A* will fix your gloves too.

Pretty sure A* just has a 1 year warranty on them and the gloves are like 4 years old now. They served their purpose well enough and have been through lots of rain, get soaked with sweat constantly here in the TX summers, and have been cleaned/bleached many times so I think they held up about as well as can be expected.

I'll definitely check out Dainese gloves when I go shopping for some new ones though. I moved back to a rural area from the city so the closest good motorcycle gear stores are about 2 hours away.

You live anywhere near rockwall? Also what do you ride?

I lived in the mid-cities / Ft. Worth area for about 9 years. I moved back to East TX (Mount Pleasant) in January.

I ride a DR650.

I just bought a Buell XB12R a few weeks ago (first bike). I live near Greenville.

I have heard nothing but good things about Five RFX race gloves, only thing stopping me from buying a set is wearing a pair to see how well they fit my hands.

Anyone here ride a cruiser? More specifically any of the japanese v4 muscle cruisers?

How bad are they really for taking corners? I think I would like the style and riding position but I ride touge everyday and don't think I could deal with a cantlean bike.

They can't lean as far as any sports bike or even a ujm, they scrape not only the pegs but the mufflers and side stands before you get close to the edge of the tyre.

This is almost universal for all cruisers.

What if they made cruisers with ground clearance?

would ruin the handling, the only reason they handle at all is because of how low to the ground they are.

Get something like a cb1300sf or xjr1300 if you want a bike thats comfy to cruise on but can still turn and still has good brakes.

The 80s muscle bikes I'm talking about should have lots more ground clearance than the modern cruisers.

Have you ever ridden one or are you just memeing?

What's the point of handling if you can't turn?

thats a UJM m8
and they dont make shit for power by todays standards

Americans think that style of bike is good so they are still in existence.
Japan makes bikes like pic for the rest of the world.

>$355
pauliewalnutsfuckthat.mp4

Yeah turns out you pay money for quality items, if you want $60 gloves go buy $60 gloves.

Hey all, I've been looking for a second bike. I've been trying to get something cheaply yet still highway capable (80mph sustained).

Does anyone have any experience with Kawasaki EN450 / 454 LTD?

elpaso.craigslist.org/mcy/6153203966.html

Ah cool, I'm about 1hr from greenville via I-30

>UJM
>Cruiser
pick one

>Thinking more expensive means better quality

It's a muscle cruiser, similar to a vmax, vrod, or madura. They all make around 110-140hp which isn't bad.
I like the styling.

Cruisers are heavy as fuck, like 600lbs or heavier for most of them. If they had a higher center of gravity then they'd be hard to keep upright at low speeds or stops.

How often have people used Craiglist to buy bikes? I'm looking at used ones as my first bike but legit websites don't have a lot of options in my area, Craigslist seems to have a much bigger selection but I've never used it, so I have no idea the pros and cons.

I own a Kawasaki Vulcan 500 which is the successor to the 454, the engines are VERY similar in both design and power output. It'll do 75mph sustained easy enough, mine starts overheating at 80+ sustained.

a v65 sabre is not a muscle cruiser lol its a ujm

My chief has pretty ok ground clearance. I get more lean out of it than I do my vtx

What does this place think of this thing

The Magna line was literally designed to appeal to the cruiser segment.

It's a cruiser, shitlords.

The Nighthawk is a UJM.

you can get dianese/A*/racer/rs taichi track gloves for $200 if you know where to look, what makes that no name brand twice as good?

Sounds like something a pussy would say

>my gloves are wearing out

Shocker, the thing that is used most on the bike wears down. Sounds like they dun good though.

List of good/race gauntlets:
Dainese 4 stroke/carbon longs
Racer High Speed/Racer
Knox Handroid/Nexos
Rev'it Spitfire/Jerez Pro
Held Phantom/Titan (kinda overpriced and meme stingray hide instead of sliders on palm)
Not really a fan of A* but they have GP pro R2 and various other lesser models.

Weird cause I went through my pair of Carbon Covers in under a year, started tearing at the palm slider.

>more technology in glove costs more to produce
>higher quality materials cost more to put onto glove
>higher quality product that is hand made by skilled worker costs more

SHockinG

Gotta watch out for scammers but after awhile they start to kinda become obvious.
Things to watch out for:
1) prices that are way too good to be true
2) prices that don't end in 5 or 0 (ex $2734, $6681, $1533, etc).
3) ReAAly BaaaAd spELZ Und gramerz
4) pictures that either look hyper professional or that have been photoshopped by a nigerian 3rd grader.
5) Backgrounds or scenery that looks nothing like your local area.

How is it not a cruiser?
>tall, swept back bars
>foot-forward riding position
>tank sweeps back
>stepped seat
It's not a gaudy pigfat air cooled 2-wheeled barge like what's popular now but it is certainly a cruiser. This is how they were in the 80s.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Magna
>The Honda Magna was a cruiser motorcycle made from 1982 to 1988 and 1994 to 2003 and powered by Honda's V4 engine taken from the VF/VFR.
>Honda Magna (pic related)
>a cruiser motorcycle

pros:
>can sometimes get a nice vehicle for cheap
cons:
>sellers are lazy
>sellers are dishonest
>sellers are slow to respond
>sellers are usually just trying to pass their junk onto the next person

magna, not sabre

no it doesnt lol, chief isnt much better than the road master and road master doesnt lean very far at all, you actually have to follow recommended speed signs around corners on a road master.

>Five
>No name brand
top kek, Dianese are a meme brand for image fags.

Thats a little bit of a let down, I-10 and traffic in general in my area flows at 80mph+ a lot of the time. How hard has it been to get parts and maintenance it?

I was comparing it to my vtx, nigger. Good job on reading comprehension

Also rm has a different string geometry and rake than the chief

Still though be fair the chief still doesnt lean very far lol.

And does it?
i was always under the impression that the RM was just a chief with speakers and heated seats

The Sabre was the "standard", the Interceptor was the "sport", and the V65 Magna was the bike that created the muscle cruiser category.

t. I was there at the time

they are all still UJM's though

>still to be fair
It has better lean than pretty much any other cruiser I've road.

And you should probably learn about the bikes before comparing um on the Chinese basket weaving website.

Parts are easy to find online and at any Kawasaki dealer. Valve adjustments are a bit of a pain in the ass (requires draining the coolant, removing the radiator fan, and taking the radiator loose to get the valve cover off). I had to do a full engine teardown / rebuild when one of the bolts holding the starter chain sprocket on the back of the starter clutch came loose and ground itself into the side of the crankcase filling my oil with steel shavings... That's a very rare occurrence and the engines are known for being very reliable well over the 50k mile mark.

>trying to get info about beginner bikes
>every Google search full of forum posts from 2010 or earlier

I'm sure the info is still somewhat relevant but I feel like a lot has changed since then. It might just be inflation but the prices people are saying to look for are way lower than what I'm seeing now, and it seems like there were a lot more used bikes back then than there are now.

k lol whatever you say.

Whatever you want to call it, I like the looks of it and want one. Could you be less autistic and answer my question if you have actually ridden one?

It does not lean as far as a ujm though does it?
which is what the whole convo was about lol.

I expect more from you indian user.

They got any good twisty roads up there in Mt. Pleasant?

>I feel like a lot has changed since then
not really. Only thing that has really changed with beginner bikes are
>the meme displacement has changed from 250cc to 300cc
>ABS is somewhat common now
>styling isn't as atrocious anymore
Still the same basic beginner bikes. They're still available for cheap.

It's a little hilly in places but mostly flat. There are a lot of nice Farm to Market roads with 20-30 mph curves on them, nothing like the Ozarks up in Arkansas or the TX hill country of course but not too bad.

Would you trust it on a 500mi road trip?

Also I'm a fat bastard (6'1" and 270lb), you think it'd handle me decently?

I was simply nterjection that not all cruisers are built the same. Just like any other style, some are way shittier than others.
>also
Don't really care what people ill never meet irl "think" of me. Soooo, thanks

I'm off to pt. Good luck fellas

Nterjecting*

Yeah, I took mine on a few 800 mile round trips up into Arkansas and back. I'm 6'1" and around 190lbs, it feels a little cramped but it's manageable. Might be a bit underpowered for you though, there are probably better bikes out there for someone your size.

>ABS is somewhat common now
Does not change the fact that ABS is a meme for shit riders who have no concept of brake control.

Someone who knows the limits of their brakes will ALWAYS out brake someone on the same bike with ABS.

>some are way shitter than others
well its a given that harleys are shit for sure.

I'm sure their are but I'm trying to keep the prices down. I'm only budgeting ~$2000 for the bike and ttl.

I've also come across an XV1100, which would likely fit my size better but the pictures suck and I'm not sure how much work needs to go into it.

I had a 500cc V4 Magna and it would lean just fine. Don't buy a Magna if you're over 5'10 though

Sweet GW. Took these hogs for a whip earlier.

ABS on a dirt road is pretty terrifying but idk about normal road conditions, i feel like it would always be a benefit unless you are like street rossi and are constantly using 100% of your brakes.

Like someone who commutes and rarely uses all of their brakes would probably be able to brake more effectively with ABS than without if ya get what i mean?

This is coming from someone who rides without ABS btw... idk... im drunk and stuff probably don't listen to me.

>VF1100C
> V-Four 1100cc Cruiser
>not a cruiser
mate you're retarded

Greenville is flat as a board. I've yet to find some really good curves but this Buell loves to turn.

>believing people who learn on ABS bikes literally just grab a fistfull of brakes every time they need to stop

i'm non-drunk and i agree

>bike listed as a UJM on Hondas websites is not a UJM
>American logic
The only thing it ever did was look kinda like an American cruiser specifically so Americans would buy it, that does not change the fact that it handles better than any American cruiser ever produced allowing it to lean further which was that anons original point.

He was trying to say cruisers can lean far because his UJM that was designed specifically for Merica does lean a bit further than any American bike.

Why are you guys tarded?

>XV1100
Contact seller and ask him to wipe the lens on his potato. Those are excellent bikes, before their time

Everything about it is cruiser m8. Being made in japan doesn't make it non-cruiser.

>ABS on a dirt road is pretty terrifying
ABS on a dirt road is AWESOME. What are you talking about?

>he doesnt brake test when road conditions change
Do you just like hope you will know how much you can use or is ABS saving you?

Thats one thing i will give ABS, no need to do brake tests when road conditions change.

When was the last time you rode on a dirt road?
ABS pretty much cuts your brakes on dirt completely because it freaks the fuck out.

To be fair the last ABS bike i rode was an mt-07 but on dirt you pretty much had no brakes at all.

What if you lock the wheels and die doing your test?

>claims Honda says it's a UJM
>can't provide source
Here's where they call it a cruiser. As well as in the name of the actual line of motorcycles. You are indisputably incorrect.

I've done brake tests in various conditions and am comfortable with changing road surfaces, but I don't slam on the brakes any time the surface changes if that's what you're implying. I am comfortable modulating the brakes as I feel the tire losing traction.

I can understand ABS being useful in an emergency situation where one might panic and grab a little too much or not enough. There's no way to practice being surprised.

If you're a competent rider you can release pressure and keep yourself upright when you feel the front starting to tuck.

The magna was sold as a cruiser and is a cruiser you stupid fucking yuropoor

well i locked the rear for a split second during that test, just gotta git gud

reminder to not trust Hondas

3 seconds from 100kmh to 10kmh in the wet seems pretty good.

Someone actually know if thats good bad or average?
i feel like it would take longer than that to stop from 100 in the dry on my bike.

wait schaaf nearly died on an africa twin while cruising lol?
he is the one that posts hoon videos 24/7 isnt he?

more like reminder to not ride at the limit on mountains

who is this

youtube.com/user/Schaaf

Cycle ergo shows both bikes have similar setups. Crunching the numbers both also have a better P:W than a new 883 sportster. Will take a look at the kawasaki tomorrow if I can.

The yamaha looks like it needs $400+ in lights and ignition.

Im currently rebuilding a 83/85 v65 magna.

So I guess I cant really help you since I havent ridden it.

Ground clearance is pretty good tho.

Bought these Alpinestar GP Techs for $300-something USD back in 1997. That's close to $500 in today's money. A*'s top-o-teh-line, like what Doohan wore.

Now all the plastic bits are cracking apart. It's not wear, it's time... The right side shift pad is peeling off too, and obviously nothing touches it.

For that kind of money, you'd think they would last a while.