Why did the excursion exist

Why did the excursion exist

the excursion with a 7.3t diesel would btfo your local city transportation. real question is why did the v10 exist.

No idea but they have comically huge interiors.
I wonder if Jay Leno has one. Jay has all sorts of cars.

Because micropenises

Cause fat white american women needed a vehicle that felt like an extension of their own morbid asses.

Becuase it was reliable as fuck and gas was cheap.

Because chevy had (and still has) a stranglehold on the full-size body on frame suv market. Ford had to one up them by making a vehicle a foot longer than a suburban.

Triton v10 reliable as fuck?
Last thing I heard about those engines is they just love to shoot the spark plugs out of their heads.

It's a 1-ton SUV that can seat 8 people, what's not to like?

I don't need to seat 8 people. I'm not a fucking bus driver.

>a silhouette of a wealthy business owner who requires ample towing power for their boat while enough seating for the entire senpai for monthly /excursion/s to their cabin

>1 ton suv
Youre not talking about an excursion

Their naming scheme and size relationship doesn't make sense. You'd think an Excursion would be smaller than an Expedition.

It was the 1990's, gas was cheap as fuck, massive Ford's were cheap as fuck, and having a massive SUV was somehow a status symbol in the suburbs.

Yeah, it's a 1-ton.

You can clearly see a purpose for it, don't know why the burbs loved it.

1 ton is what a compact car weighs.

Didn't you go to school?

I would love to see someone brag about their V10 car and then pull up in one of these

F-150 = 1/4 ton
F-250 = 1/2 ton
F-350 = 3/4 ton and 1 ton
F450- up = 1 ton plus

Fat people

wrong
150 is half ton, 250 is 3/4

Its not a truck. There is no load carrying area. So its not rated by its carrying ability.
It holds 8 faggots and some soccer balls.
End of story.

And it can tow fuckhuge trailers and carry a shit load of camping/hunting/dirtbiking gear.

From what I understand it is purley a formality because of the weight carrying capacity of original predecessor s , nothing more, nothing less and the excursion s have up to 11000 pound towing capacity irc

I might be swallowing bait but I think he's refering to "towing capacity".

Not how much it weighs or how much it can carry.

Yeah he was. And it can tow a lot , that is true and it is driven by fat white women.

>f150 has a quarter ton towing capacity

yea that must've been it

The 00's and later reduced the incidence of it, and it can be avoided with proper maintenance.

so it can tow 500 lbs?
So you can tow your wife back from the golden corral.

I wish it still existed

mfw euro's can't handle the girth.

Yes, with 375lbs to spare

Less than that you bullshitter!

Because Americans need to haul their fat asses to the mall outlet where they can endebt themselves buying levi's and american eagle

That's still not enough for your fat ass.

My uncle used to have one and would take us to the sand dunes and pull a trailer with our bikes. All I remember is being comfy as fuck and watching movies with like 6 other people in the truck. It's a good feel.

why are you fat shaming Prezo you are going to make him sperg

Fat people cant properly wipe their assholes. So they allways have poop in their fat rolls.
Thats why i never shake a fat persons hand because i dont want ecoli.

You should really check your countries obesity stats before calling each other fat.

t. fit as fuck Canadian

Excursions are objectively one of the least reliable domestic vehicles of the last quarter century.

If they didn't die mechanically, they rusted into 1,000 pieces within a decade.

They were a shit vehicle with shit intentions designed by a bunch of diddling shitniggers.

Fuck you.

>LEAF

test

>6' 2" 190lbs
>"fat"

Lol

American eating habits have made an impression on the Aussie populace. We gave them CocaCola and KFC and we kept some of their cars from advancing beyond pushrods...

I'm sorry ausfags... as if all the poisonous shit already on and around that continent wasn't enough we had to introduce poisonous food.

>6'2
holy shit. so this is why you're so angry all. the time. literally a manlet

>Literally a 7th grader

found another manlet. lmao

Like anyone's going to trust the word of an obvious fat fuck.

You seem to be getting all your pictures from a maxipad website.

>tfw you will never own the police commissioner excursion from Blue Bloods.

>t. 6'5" 160 lbs

>Prezo is a manlet

lol

>a rare pepe

Jesus
Fucking
Christ
Ratings are what can be added to vehicle weight (payload in the bed), NOT what it can tow.
>F100- 1/2 ton
>F150- 5/8 ton (to compete with GM changing their ratings in the 70's)
>F250- 3/4 ton
>F350- 1 ton
>F350 superduty- 1 1/4 ton
After that you're talking about individual ratings based on cab size/bed size/tire combos. One F450 can be rated differently that another F450. Same with F550/F650, fucking LT8000 etc.

Class is over for the day.

So your a big ol' twig man.

>my height and weight triggered Veeky Forums this hard

Want a super dooper rare?

I have over 1400 unique pepes. Around 400 are rares.

>my weight
holy fuck LOL.

Yeah post more rare pepes.
Less of kekface summer fag.

It weighs 3 tons, look stuff up before claiming something about a vehicle you don't know.

Weight=3-3.5 tons

Towing capacity=3 tons to 5 tons (depending on package)

You're all fucking retards

How the fuck am I retarded

And all of those designations are irrelevant now given how a new F150 can easily haul 2klbs in the bed.

I hope you don't know what a ton is because if you are aware it means 2000lbs and believe any car let alone a fuckin 150 weighs 500 pounds you don't stand a chance in life

BIG
BLACK
______

They market to a certain dindugraphic.

omg i love this image. lol

It's truck designations. 1/4 ton payload can also tow x, 1/2 ton can tow 2x, so on. The Excursion could tow 11000 lbs, so it was classed as a 1 ton.

Nooooooo the one guy said it can only tow 500lbs.

It's on the F250 frame and suspension. It will haul 8 people, luggage, and a massive trailer at the same time. It is a 3/4ton.

The Ford ranger was a quarter ton

The F150 is a half ton you dipshit

Bullcrap. The Expedition beats the suburban. The Excursion was to see if anyone needed a 3/4 ton suv.

Used to own an Expedition. Nice have an SUV that can haul the family, gear, and a trailer like a half ton truck.

But that would be stupid user. Or are you being sarcastic?

It was supposed to compete against Chevy Suburban (or GMC Yukon XL) but Ford was dumb as fuck to make an extended longer wheel base variant of the Expedition at the time. So they made this instead.

>hauling a massive trailer on a hitch
ishygddt

>this assmad

Like this?

It's not towing capacity it's what the truck can carry. An F150 is a half ton truck, and can carry 1,000lbs in the bed and cab. Towing capacity is completely different. Holy shit is there a ton of Euros on this board.

That's right, you're the bus rider

yeah. all you're doing is fucking up your frame and losing handling. anything much larger or heavier than that should use a fifth wheel or gooseneck

>Prezo is LITERALLY a fat manlet

LMAO

Your transmission hates you as well.

Ford saw how well the suburban was doing so they wanted a piece of the pie so they took their f250 platform and made an SUV.

They got btfo by the suburban 1500 and 2500 in sales where they ultimately discontinued it. The excursions only claim to fame was the diesel and being a few inches longer than the suburban

My parents still have theirs from 2004. All daily driving and family road trips, but it's nice because it's roomy as fuck. It's almost like sitting in lounge chairs, including every rear passenger seat.
If money wasn't tight they'd trade it in, I almost want to take it off their hands but it's the V10 and it guzzles fuel like no tomorrow. It usually gets refueled 3/4 full for $80, holds 44 gal. No problems with it yet though...the car just has wear from age and use and some minor cosmetic blemishes. Way better than the H2 for its time I think. Better all around and it didn't carry the same stigma.

pic related isn't my parents' excursion, I saw this lifted one in the wild some years ago, looks beastly

For people who need an F250 but prefer locking, covered storage so their stuff doesn't get wet or stolen

Plus muh 7.3, in an SUV

the US had an immense surplus of fuel that needed burning and they put idiots in charge of coming up with an idea on how to burn it in the most stupid way possible

>The Excursion was to see if anyone needed a 3/4 ton suv.
GM has offered 3/4-ton Suburbans forever, and has offered 1-ton variants at points.

Excursion was just about one-upping the Suburban and throwing out an easy parts-bin car to soak up some cash. Same treatment as Ranger -> Explorer and F-150 -> Expedition, as applied to a Super Duty. R&D expenses were probably negligible.

They really needed to cater to the penis envy feminine market.

some niggers cant afford Escalades or even Navigators

Holy shit f am I can't believe I took the bait, this is why I lurk more than anything Now, as I said earlier but nobody read it :
>From what I understand it is purley a formality because of the weight carrying capacity of original predecessor s (i.e. really early trucks) , nothing more, nothing less and the excursion s have up to 11000 pound towing capacity irc

I'm sorry to piss everybody off so much, I thought it was a way to truly open I dialoge of why it's called that, I guess I'm to much of a basket case to id bait when I see it

Is this real? Did they really make dually suvs?

No, it's an aftermarket conversion kit. GM wouldn't have the flares cut into the door from the factory.

The main reason for this was mechanics over torquing the plugs into the cylinder heads. If I remember correctly it was an aluminium thread on the heads that was fine as long as the proper torque specs were used.

Basically to make the Suburban look like a bitch.

The Explorer didn't share much of anything with the Ranger. The one thing they did share was the 4.0, but those with sense bought the Explorer with the 4.6. The only time it got close was the Explorer Sport Trac, that really was more of a 4 door Ranger than SUV.

Also, by the second generation Expedition, the only parts they truly shared was the drivetrain with the F150. I know this first hand because I just got done cutting up a 2003 (2nd generation) Expedition, and now drive a 2003 F150 (10th generation). My F150 shares more parts with the 2002 Expedition than it does with the same year Expedition. Partly due to Expedition going to the independent rear suspension, while F150 stayed rigid rear axle. The frame is very different for that reason.